Transaction in ms crm webmethods ?

Hi all,

Does the WebService (WS) MS CRM use transactions while updating or
creating records ?
For exemple, I want to update a contact record, and in the same
transaction add to this contact a new address.
If the update of the contact is OK, but the creation of the address
fail, I want MS CRM to cancel all the changes made.
Is this native to MS CRM, or have I to made the rollback manually ?

If I have to do it manually, have you some tips on the best way to do
it ?

Thanks a lot

DA

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM does not use transactions, and there is no roll-back facility. You would
need to store the original state of the first entity so that if the action
on the second entity failed you could then 'go back' to the first entity's
initial state.
Alex

"Death Angel" <lionel.valero@scam.fr> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Does the WebService (WS) MS CRM use transactions while updating or
> creating records ?
> For exemple, I want to update a contact record, and in the same
> transaction add to this contact a new address.
> If the update of the contact is OK, but the creation of the address
> fail, I want MS CRM to cancel all the changes made.
> Is this native to MS CRM, or have I to made the rollback manually ?
>
> If I have to do it manually, have you some tips on the best way to do
> it ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> DA

0
Alex
8/27/2007 11:15:47 AM
Thanks Alex for the great response.

Can you elobrate a bit regards orginal state ... For example , if we
take accounts entity  we should be able to use
"SetStateAccount"  .

Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks

0
Krishna
8/29/2007 12:58:50 AM
Thanks Alex.

I'll try this.

See you.
DA

0
Death
8/29/2007 1:09:50 PM
Krishna,
Thats not quite what I meant, what I was intending was that you store the
values of the first entity 'some place else', then make your change, then
make the change to the second entity, if the second change fails then you
refer to the values in 'some place else' to reinstate the original values
for the first entity.
As far as what 'some place else' actually is then the the choice is yours,
you can choose to store all the values or merely those that you have amended
as name/value pairs, you could serialise the entity prior to changing it, or
many other options.
The message you refer to is for changing the state of the account from
active to inactive for example and isn't going to help here.
HTH
Alex
"Krishna Sydney" <ammapyanmagi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Alex for the great response.
>
> Can you elobrate a bit regards orginal state ... For example , if we
> take accounts entity  we should be able to use
> "SetStateAccount"  .
>
> Any response will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
Alex
8/29/2007 8:51:07 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_4102B16B

Hi DA,

You might try over in the Developers newsgroup for more information on this.

Thanks!
Mike

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We
look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
------=_NextPart_0001_4102B16B

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs16 Hi DA,
\par
\par You might try over in the Developers newsgroup for more information on this.
\par
\par Thanks!
\par Mike
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by posting from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback. We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_4102B16B--

0
mchristl

Microsoft CRM 4.0
Are there any third-party providers of Survey functionality for Microsoft CRM 4.0. A Survey tool would perform functions such as: - Ability to setup survey templates - Plan out a survey initiative (specify survey dates, templates used in initiative, responses) - Ability to publish to web through an external provider We are looked at the C360 email marketing, but the pricing scheme is not ideal. Are the any other options? ...

MS Outlook 2000 Error
Does anybody have a solution to my problem. When I start MS Outlook 2000, is sometimes telle me. Error - cannot "read". After that it says Canneo "written", and after twise OK, the OL 2000 shuts down. ...

Select CRM Contacts in Outlook #3
Hi After we have created a contact in CRM, we can not select the contact after clicking on the 'To' box in Outlook. The contact does not appear in the 'Select Names' list. If I create a new contact in CRM and afterwards I attempt to send an email to this contact from Outlook, the contact is not available. I would usually click on 'To' and in the 'Select Names' list I change the filter to CRM contacts however the newly created contact does not appear. I thought that Local Data settings may have someting to do with this however I tested this and I am stil...

Transaction to read when no actual transaction
I have an account called 'Honda accord'. It is an asset account that has a loan associated with it. The loan account is 'Honda loan.' I imported a transaction into Honda accord and says i have 1 transaction to read. I have view all dates/transactions selected and nothing comes up. The box to the left says i still have a transaction to read and I cant find the darn thing. Any Ideas???? -- Stephen and Erica Chenelle In microsoft.public.money, Stephen & Erica Chenelle wrote: >I have an account called 'Honda accord'. It is an asset account that has a >...

MS Word 2001
MS Word 2001 Mac OS 9.2.2 Just yesterday the "Insert" menu's "Picture" and "HTML Objective" have become inoperable. I did not import anything, nor modify any settings. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can render. ...

MS Project Server 2007
When identifying the anaylsis services server in the Cube Building section of 'server settings', can we use the "/" character to identify our server? We have two analysis servers running on the same box. I try to type in the character, and it does nothing. -- ITPM ITPM -- In a situation like this, type the name of the Analysis Services Server into a Notepad document, including the forward slash character, then copy the name from Notepad and paste it into the Cube Building section. Does that work for you? Let us know. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of...

Paid Transaction Removal not removing some transactions
When running Paid Transaction Removal two transactions for an account were not removed to history while seemingly identical transactions in another account were. As I understand the rules of paid transaction removal, a transaction will be removed if it meets the following criteria. 1. If it's an invoice it must be fully paid. 2. If it's a payment, the document amount must be fully applied to one or more invoices. 3. The removal date must be after the document date. The documents are debit notes, are fully paid off (CURTRXAM = .00000) and the document dates precede the cut-off d...

Add-ins not loading when opening MS Access 2007 a second time
I have some add-ins that are used with an MS Access 2007 .accdb application. When I open the .accdb file --the first time-- (after logging into the PC), the add-ins initialize successfully. If I then close MS Access 2007, the second (and subsequent) time(s) I open MS Access, the add-ins do NOT initialize. They will load, however, if the user clicks on the MS Office Button > Access Options > Add-ins > "Manage: COM Add-ins" > [Go...] > [OK] (Or [Cancel]) 1. Is this a bug? Is this expected? 2. Is there some way (with VBA code) to force the Add-ins to init...

How to delete a user from AD without CRM troubles?
Hello! Can you state the recomended procedure in CRM before a user is deleted from the AD (eg. when someone leaves the company) so that there will be no troubles in CRM? Is there a way to retrieve the license of a user that was deleted from AD before been disabled in CRM? -- SiEBEN Innovative Solutions http://www.sieben.gr ������� ������ 28, 141 21, �. ��������, ����� ���: +30 2 10 2724433 Fax: +30 2 10 2724439 Hi, here is a procedure: 1. Remove CRM license of the user 2. Disable the user in CRM 3. Delete the user from the AD. Erik "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgrou...

User MS Contact to MS CRM Contact
Hello Experts!! I would like to ask something regarding the functionality of MS CRM. Is there any way to import selected contacts from user mailbox to MS CRM Contacts??? I know that with MS Sales for Outlook you can import MS Contacts, but the problem is that I can´t choose which contacts I will convert to CRM, so for example, if the user has personal contacts that shouldn’t be in CRM Contacts how can the user "in a easy way" export and convert them to CRM selecting only those contacts that should be in CRM from MS Outlook?? Is there any function as "Create CRM Cont...

adaptions in crm
hi all! i am quite a newbie concerning ms crm - and so I have some questions in connection to developing in crm: - are adaptions for ms crm made in visual studio .net? - how? - if "yes" - can i make this adaptions on a test-system, export them und send them to a customer who can import this adaptions into his live-system? - what is the best way to handle different crm applications (from every customer) on one server? thanks for your help Normally you make your customizations in visual studio.net. These could be programs that access data and run on a client machine or a web page...

PM Transaction Work vs Open
What is the difference between PM_Transaction_WORK and PM_Transaction_OPEN? Thanks, Steven work = saved open - posted "Steven" wrote: > What is the difference between PM_Transaction_WORK and PM_Transaction_OPEN? > > Thanks, > Steven As an add on, the work also includes recurring transactions. "Doug" wrote: > work = saved > open - posted > > "Steven" wrote: > > > What is the difference between PM_Transaction_WORK and PM_Transaction_OPEN? > > > > Thanks, > > Steven Thanks, Guys! Steven "klewis&quo...

How are transactions automatically assigned to categories?
When I download my credit card statements into Money, I notice that some of them are automatically assigned to categories. How does Money do this? Is the information included in the info I download from my bank, or are there rules within money? More importantly, how can I add my own rules to auto- categorize things? Thanks! -Aaron ...

Secondary lookup field in CRM 4.0
Hello all. I have a question regarding secondary lookup field within the form of the Opportunity entity on CRM 4.0 (upgraded from 3.0). To be able to display a secondary lookup (pointed to contacts), I have used a JScript (as well as two new attributes) on the form's onLoad event (pasted below). It worked fine on CRM 3.0 but after the upgrade to 4.0, the form doesn't report any JScript error but no lookup field is displayed - only the lookup icon is there and it doesn't respond to clicking. I haven't been able to find what parts of the JScript should be changed in order...

V10 - Transaction by debtor enquiry report
Hi, Anyone any ideas why when printing the transaction by debtor enquiry report, the last digit of the amount is dropped off? This is when printed as A4 - payables is okay going to same printer. Okay when displayed to screen - only lost when actually printed. Thanks Jean -- JB Is the last digit perhaps trying to print outside the 'printable' area of the printer? If you do not use A4 paper does it work? Do you have the A4 module installed? "JB" wrote: > Hi, > > Anyone any ideas why when printing the transaction by debtor enquiry report, ...

Exporting fields in CRM 4.0 Knowledgebase
I'm attempting to export some of the fields in the CRM 4.0 knowledgebase, and most of them are easy enough to do, as they are non-joined fields. However, the "Body" of the KB I'm a little unsure about. I see int he SQL table/view, there is an "articlexml" field and a "content" field. I'm unsure on how to hand the export of these two fields, or if I can disregard one of the fields. Does anyone have any ideas for handling this type of content? -- Sketchy ...

Receivables transactions not aging individual transactions
Looking at smartlist, the Receivables transactions have a search/favourite added, including the aging periods. When you look at the search, it doesn't age the individual transactions, but instead ages the entire customers balance. I would expect it to show the aged balance per transation. Assessment: With how Smartlist is currently designed, the default smartlist object pulls from the Summary table for those aging period amounts. This is the reason why it does not show the aging for individual transactions. I know that the ability to see the aging of the individual accounts would b...

ms money 2003, accounts
Hello i have a question about money 2003. Currently i have all my accounts setup. Savings, investments, liability, checking and retirement accounts. On the first page it gives me a total account balance. But i want to exclude for instance the retirements account from this total account balance. I only want to see by default all liquid or " easy to convert to cash" accounts. Since in cannot convert my retirement account to cash it shouldnt be counted as such. any suggestions would be welcome thnx ...

MS CRM 3.0 Capabilities 09-30-06
Hi all, we have a potential customer wants a MS CRM 3.0 demo to cover the following issues: Service Desk Management – efficiency perspective for IT Help Desk, Finance Help Desk Case management – logging, tracking – for Student Services, Industrial Relations Show a single client view from different interactions. People would be wanting a single student view or single school staff member view. Mailing list capability for bulk mailouts and bulk emails. Sample of the reporting from the product eg. Customer service performance Does MS CRM 3.0 has the capacities to cover this? How to ...

TRANSACTION and SELECT *
Hi all I have a question about SQL Transactions: For example, I have a table with 3 rows (ID 1, 2 and 3). Now I insert a new row within BEGIN TRANSACTION, and I do not commit yet. In another SQL Session, I try to select data. When I do SELECT * FROM Table, it is blocked. When I do SELECT * FROM Table WHERE ID = 2 I get a result. How can I make SELECT * FROM Table possible even when there is a open Transaction ? Of corse I only expect to get the ID's 1, 2 and 3 back and not the new row. I have looked about IsolationLevel, but this does not help. Thanks for any comments ...

Error de instalacion en Microsoft CRM 3.0
Cerca del final, me sale esto: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_LocalTimeToUTC'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_UTCToLocalTime'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_RptBracket'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindUserGuid'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindBusinessGuid'. lo que hice fue crear las funciones en las 2 bases de datos que el programa crea, solo para q las encontrata, despues de hacerlo le di retry y termino la instalacion bien. imagi...

Take a look at important package which comes from the MS Corporation
--tmomfkaxnrkzhx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fxehgqtis"; type="multipart/alternative" --fxehgqtis Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="dgpwtnywigxmcni" --dgpwtnywigxmcni Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilit...

Rounding on Investment transactions
I've seen this problem for quite a while in Monday (at least 01, 02, 03, and 04). But when I'm entering my transactions, often times the final amount (shares*cost+comm) don't equal out, it's always the matter of 1 penny, but I'm a bit anal that way. For instance. 0.78800 shares at 27.8900 per share. Fully worked out it comes to 21.97732. So when Money does the transaction it rounds it to 21.98 (makes perfect sense). My brokerage relays the cost as 21.97. What options do I have to make these transactions actually work out? Since I can't do a negative commis...

Exporting CRM Reports Gives Error
Hi All, Whenever I try to export or print any CRM reports I recieve the following error: Line: 122 Char: 2 Error: ix is undefined Code: 0 URL: http://10.1.1.140/reports/viewer/html/toolbar.aspx?id=4629 I get the same error on all reports, both custom and standard. It is happening on both thick and thin clients with different versions of office installed. Anyone got any ideas please? MS Support unfortunately have yet to come up with a solution. Thanks Simon ... is this happening from all your workstations? i e can you print from one but not another? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft...

Debugging SQL Server 2005 Transact SQL
I have an urgent requirement to debug Transact-SQL in SQL Server 2005 and I have a couple of questions. 1. Are there any *free* programs that will allow me to debug (step through line-by-line, look at cursor results, variables, etc). 2. If the answer is 'no' and Visual Studio is the least expensive alternative, which versions are compatible and have debugging capability? Thank you very much in advance. allanc (allan.for.g.groups@gmail.com) writes: > I have an urgent requirement to debug Transact-SQL in SQL Server 2005 > and I have a couple of questions. > 1. Are th...