Tracking user login

I would like to determine how often (if ever) users have
logged into CRM.  Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help,
Lisa

PS... I saw a reference to the archives of this newsgroup
posted on Google.  Where exactly?
0
Lisa
8/16/2004 4:20:26 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

to see the archive go to groups.google.com and search on
microsoft.public.crm

to see how often people log into crm. The Web Service on the Microsoft CRM
Web Server opens a new text log file for each day someone connects. you can
find these logs on the CRM Web server at

C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\LOGFILES\W3SVC1\
for example today there would be a file called ex040816.txt

Everytime your users connect to CRM you will see entries in each days log
files. You can either consider using a web site analyser tool to analyse
these logs or build code to do it. I wrote code in Microsoft Excel to read
all the log files and for each user give an indication of how many times
they have connected and also the last time they connected. As you add more
and more users this is useful as it can indicate if licenses for Microsoft
CRM have been assigned to users but they are not making use of the tool.

Lastly keep in mind the IIS web service cna also be configured to log to a
Microsoft SQL server as well.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to determine how often (if ever) users have
> logged into CRM.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Lisa
>
> PS... I saw a reference to the archives of this newsgroup
> posted on Google.  Where exactly?

0
John

Second User?
Is it possible to set up a second user in Money 2002? We want to keep the data, payees, transactions, etc...separate. An alternative to File|Open is file shortcuts on each user's desktop. "Myrna Larson" <myrnalarson@charter.net> wrote in message news:ulbuQ2mbDHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Set up a 2nd file for the 2nd user. Use File/Open to switch files. > > "Chris" <CDoverspik@aol.com> wrote in message > news:0a8c01c36e6a$73e2d4a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is it possible to set up a second user in Money 2002? We > > want to kee...

users in outlook getting email in Japanese
Users are getting their email in japanese. Could anyone help me resolve this issue. It started few months ago but only limited to mail box quota alerts but now actual messages are coming in japanese and the message body is in English. Do you have Japanese users in your enviroment? Ruban "Fasih Ahmed" <Fasih Ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F40AE49F-CADA-40AD-AB34-62A268A5B895@microsoft.com... > Users are getting their email in japanese. Could anyone help me resolve > this > issue. It started few months ago but only limited to mail box quo...

Modal dialog not always receiving user defined messages from PostMessage()
Hi everybody, I have a simple dialog based application that reads data from a serial port in a worker thread (MonitorSerialPort()). When the worker thread detects data, it uses PostMessage() to send a message to a custom class that I derived from CWnd (CSerialDataProcessor). CSerialDataProcessor takes the raw data from the serial port and parses it into application specific format. It then posts a message to a modal dialog and the modal dialog in response to this message updates a control to display the parsed data to the user. This scheme works for the most part, however, when I stress test...

User Form Coding
Hi All Could somebody look at my coding (below) I have a user form that makes appointsments by adding data to a booking sheet. That works fine. But I have also have a command button to open another form to cancel or reshedule the appointments. In order to find a client and the appointment details I use the below code. But I can't seem to get it to work. Any help please. Appoitment worksheet A..........B...........C................D......................E..........F........G.....H custID..Surname..First Name..Contact number..Salon..Date..Time..Treatment Bookings worksheet A..........B......

WinMail.Dat Attachments Between InterOffice Users...
Hi All, we have two exchange server 2003 servers. one in NY and one in London. client is running outlook 2003. the two offices are connected via a WAN Link. when one user sends a big (over 7-8mb) power point presentation from one office to another user in the other office, the recepient gets a winmail.dat attachment instead of the ppt attachment. these emails are not going over the internet. when they send small attachments, no problems occur. Both offices are using Rich Text Format to send emails. when using html format, it works sometimes and sometimes it does not and the user g...

The node should show only for users in the AdminCalendar role
Below is part on my web.sitmap file. What I wanted to happen is for the last node to show only for users in the AdminCalendar role. But it shows always. How can I fix that? <siteMapNode title="Home" url="Home/Home.aspx" description="Go to the The Home Page" > ....snip <siteMapNode title="Calendar" roles="*" description="Time an Location of events" > <siteMapNode title="Monthly Calendars" url="Calendar/EventsCalendar.aspx" description="Calendar of events&...

etech
Hi, It would be good if the etech website remembered a users login information. The server, user name and database. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mi...

reviewing toolbar: setting track changes
Hello, In Excel my reviewing toolbar won't show the track changes button it should. Could anyone tell me how to set this correctly? Thanks, Hanspeter Amend that could just be a MS Word function. Edward "liglin" <liglinlillibli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:db9bdb31.0311130916.4467a272@posting.google.com... > Hello, > In Excel my reviewing toolbar won't show the track changes button it > should. Could anyone tell me how to set this correctly? > > Thanks, > Hanspeter Amend ...

Find contacts across exhange server users
I am trying to figure out how to search for a specific contact across multiple users in our intranet. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! --Jorge-- ...

Slow logins
Hi, Since our users have upgraded to vs10 all users logins are extremely slow (from when clicking the icon it takes a while before the login screen appears, and then also after choosing company again it takes a while) If a user is added to the Administrator role then the speed is perfect. Obviously we do not want to give users admin rights - any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you Neil How much RAM is on the workstations? What is the CPU speed? Is the network overloaded? The software, unless the user is a PowerUser, must take the time to build security during the login pro...

Can the "track in CRM" dialogue box for the Outlook be customised?
We are running CRM 3.0 with a mixture of Outlook 2003 and 2007 clients, with the CRM integration plugin installed. Is it possible to customise the window that pops up when the "Track in CRM - Set Regarding" button is clicked in an email? There does not seem to be any way of filtering the list of cases etc that is returned in this window, and once you have more than a few dozen cases in the system, relating an email to the correct case gets increasingly time consuming. To be able to filter automatically on non-resolved cases would be ideal. Any ideas anyone? Thanks ...

How to Enable Message Tracking in Exchange 2003 Server
re: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246856 I am trying to Enable Message tracking in Exchange 2003 I can do the following: In Exchange System Manager, expand your organization, expand Administrative Groups, expand your administrative group, expand Servers, right-click your server, and then click Properties. Note You must have administrative group support enabled if you want to view administrative groups in Exchange System Manager. To enable administrative group support, right-click your organization, click Properties, click to select the Display administrative groups check box, click OK, an...

help regading date tracking across tables
It is required of me to validate a date of birth entry into a table named adminmast between the limits given as udate and ldate in another table named as classdetails. I will specify the whole thing : User is supposed to enter a class and then a date of birth into a form/ table, as soon as he enters the DOB the value entered should be validated in the following manner. If it is class I then the Ldate and Udate from the table class details should be treated as the lower and upper limits for the DOB recordwise similarly for all other classes these should take place recordwise the structure of t...

EX 2K: One user unable to receive external email
I have a user whose email account can send email in and out of the domain but cannot receive email from outside the domain. All external email are processed first by a Barracude Spam Firewall, but it's logs say that it is allowing messages for this account; so it seems to be an Exchange issue. I disconnected the mailbox, created a new one, and tested it. It, too, received internal mail but no external mail; so I killed that one and reattached the old one. Had the new mailbox worked, I would have tried ExMerging the old data into the new mailbox. Since both mailboxes have the s...

Re-Enable CRM User

tracking cash expenses #3
This is new to me. I want to track the cash expenses that I aquire after taking a sum of cash out from the bank via atm, etc and spending said cash. How and where do I do this. The easiest way is to set up an account named 'Cash', and when you use the ATM to get cash, transfer the money into it. Then you can treat the 'Cash' account just like any other account and post transactions to it based on the spending from your pocket. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To ...

Access Front end with MySQL or SQL backend (multi-user)
I have a huge excel spreadsheet with many worksheets tabs that I need to convert to a data entry database. I'm considering using Access as the front end with maybe MySQL or I think SQL which is free with MS Office. The problem is 1. We can have more than 75 concurrent users 2. budget is extremely limited, so I'm looking at Access front and/or a free SQL backend Will this combination support 75+ concurrent users? and if not, does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks! Jorge -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-conve...

Another user is creating this item #2
Hi, Another user is creating this item - error - when trying to create a new inventory item. If any body have a solution please let me know. Thanks & Regards What version of GP are you using? This was a problem in V6 but was fixed. If you are using a newer version, get everyone out of the application and release all SQL sessions and locks -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > Hi, > &...

mailboxes are not being created when I create new AD user account
Even though I select the check box asking that a mailbox be created nothing is created. This has been an ongoing issue with our exchange server. What I have been doing is just renaming old accounts and deleting all the mail data essentially cleaning out and old mailbox to give to a new user. I have run out of old accounts. Like I said this has been an ongoing issue. When it first occurred it only happpened sometimes. But now I am not able to create a new NT account that creates a mailbox. I have tried creating an account without a mailbox then trying to go through 'exchange tasks...

Office X and home directory slowness on 1st login
Hello world. After a quick search of the group here, I do not see anything that matches so here goes... A friend is a new netadmin at a local school - xserves host user home directories. Unfortunately, I am not there and do not have any further specifics but here is the question. When my friend installs Office X on a machine, reboots and then logs in to it, it takes a long time for Office apps to start (10 min+). Logout, login again, Word starts in 3 seconds. He logs into ANOTHER machine which Office is installed on with the SAME user account as before, launch time is 10 min+. Logs out, log...

Keeping track of changes
I distribute a large workbook to colleagues. Sometimes they make changes that I want to know about, exactly which sheets and which cells were altered since last time the workbook was distributed. Is there a way to know and track these? Thanks Thrava Hi Thrava, See Tools | Track Changes --- Regards, Norman "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7c3a01c484ba$012b87b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I distribute a large workbook to colleagues. Sometimes > they make changes that I want to know about, exactly which > sheets and which cells we...

Deletion Restore/Tracking
When a Record is deleted from the system it still exists in the database until the deletion service is run. My question is does changing the record status from the deletion state of 2 to the active state restore the record as long as this occurs before the deletion service runs? Also is there a way to track who/when has deleted the record? ...

Turning Off Tracking Token and Keeping it Off
Last week, I turned off the CRM E-mail Tracking Token in Settings: Organization Settings: System Settings: E-Mail Tracking. Emails were manually added to CRM by users and the tracking token remained absent. This was exactly what we wanted. Today, the Tracking Token turned itself back on. After several attempts, it continues to turn itself back on immediately after I save the new setting. Anyone got an idea what may be the problem? Hi James, Just wondering, did you take out the rule that you deployed to the user's mailbox? Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Aug 9, 10:...

CRM Web client times out on laptop users only
We have a small office of 16. 8 of the CRM clients are laptop/notebook users. On 2 of these, the CRM web clients will time out or shut down for no apparent reason. Both of the two notebooks run Win XP, one of them has service pack 2 and the reccommended patches for CRM installed. No other users experience this. Is there a way to find out what is causing this? If it were the global timeout value for CRM web (300 seconds - 5 minutes), would't all machines have the same problem. The user usually only has Outlook and CRM open and nothing else. How best can I debug this problem? ...

Publish form to users' Personal Forms Library via script or GPO?
I've got a client who will be migrating from internally hosted Exchange 2000 (yes, you read that correctly) to externally hosted Exchange 2007 with OL2007 clients. They are also looking to use Sharepoint (WSS 3.0) for their shared contacts & calendar, which are currently in E2000 public folders - the hosting company isn't providing PFs. Normally this would be no big deal, but they've got a nice little custom form for their public contacts, which they want to keep. It's currently published to the PF itself on their existing E2k server. As we won't have access to ...