Tracking shared records in 4.0

Anyone know if 4.0 version has the ability to track shared records easier
than 3.0?
 thanks
0
dl (42)
4/10/2008 7:43:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

none so far. but you can try the SDK

"Bernardina" <dl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know if 4.0 version has the ability to track shared records easier
> than 3.0?
> thanks

0
fallar (47)

Switching to a shared Calendar in a Public Folder changes the input locale?
Hello, We have the Outlook client installed in English everywhere but many users have keyboards with layouts for different languages. When some users go to certain public folders and open, e.g., a shared calendar, the language bar changes from EN to another layout. It's a soon as they click on the Calendar tree - they don't even have to open an item. Does the top-level folder take the layout of the creator? How can it be changed, and avoided in future please? Thanks, - Alan. ...

Share Your Business With Me
Please join me in conference at the link below. I would be interested in learning more about business opportunities you have available. The following are snuffed out already as follows: Excel by Verizon Package PrePaid Legal by Legal Aid Programs that are still being considered: Quixtar EcoQuest -- NAK Office Support Services http://groups.msn.com/NAKOfficeSupport/ NAKOfficeSupport@groups.msn.com ...

Help with Outlook Calendar Sharing (Exchange)
We have Outlook 2007 and Exchange Server. I am wondering if the following is possible-- Can I create a Calendar separate from my personal exchange calendar that will show up on my personal calendar and also will show on the personal calendars of other users? We do not want our individual calendars showing up on the Master Calendar or on each other's calendars. The Master Calendar would be updated with all of our annual events and as we make changes we would like this to be automatically updated on all of our individual calendars (only for users that are given specific access ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

CRM 4.0 Client Upgrade
Running Vista SP1 with Office 2007. CRM Outlook Client install runs fine then rolls back and gives error messge - "installation is not completed because of errors..." - here is the log file below - can anyone help ?? Log Name: Application Source: MsiInstaller Date: 5/20/2008 1:35:54 AM Event ID: 1033 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: DK\Carl.D Computer: dkarhl123.dk.martin.local Description: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Microsoft Office Outloo...

Help with MX and SPF records
Have a new Exchange 2003 Server setup as part of a Small Business Server 2003 system. Do I need to have an MX and SPF record in DNS on this server? If so, what is the best way to set one up, examples please. I am new to Excange. Thanks. When I run ordb.org against my domain everything passes except I do not have an SPF record. - Create an A record if you don't already have one. This maps a hostname (mail.mydomain.com) to an IP address. - Create an MX record that points to the A record you created above with priority of 10. - Test both using nslookup nslookup -querytype=mx my...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Query with common fields to all records
I have a query that is collecting information from three tables. One table has infromation about each student and another table is an incident table and these tables are linked together using a student id number. The third table is the school information that I want common to all fields in my query (this data is only entered once for each school when the data base is first opened) How do I link the school information data to every record in my query when there is no common linked field? You should add a field to the student table that can be used to link to the school table. Is...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Sharing Calendar
I have tried to share my calendar from my desktop to my laptop, via email. It sends out, and the laptop message received has been accepted but all the information sent to my laptop does not show up. I have correctly set it to the calendar. Am I wrong, or should all my appointments from the desktop show up on the laptop? Both are running Outlook 2000, although the OS on the desktop is Win2000 and on the laptop it's WinXPPro but I doubt that has anything to do with it. I really don't want to copy the complete .pst file over as I'm not receiving my emails on the laptop - I just wa...

Prevent moving to new record
I have a form which is tied to a table. To get to the form the user does a look-up. Once on the form the user can edit the fields on the table. I would like the only option the user has then to be to save and close. Right now, if they tab around they will eventually move to a new record. How can I prevent tabbing from moving to the next row in the table? Thank you, On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:31:01 -0800, Cathy wrote: > I have a form which is tied to a table. To get to the form the user does a > look-up. Once on the form the user can edit the fields on the table. I > would...

How #4
I'm coming to my third month now using MS Money 2006 and I must say I found it really great and interesting, tracking where my money is going. It is a fantastic tool, especially during the Christmas season. Here's my question..my wife and I contribute to RRSP (Canada, similar to 401K) and I track the contribution from the pay to the Investment Accounts. For these 3 months, the accounts were out of sync expect for the cash contributions. Last week, I organized all these accounts by using the Account Update to adjust the unit prices and quantities and assigning ticker symbols to the Inv...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Sharing violation on a file just closed
Any idea why I would get a sharing violation upon opening a file with CFile::Open on a file which was just closed without error using fclose ?? Close file code: if ( fclose ( f ) ) AfxMessageBox ( "Error on fclose of log file" ); Open code: if ( FILEIN.Open ( XFER_FILENAME_LOCAL, CFile::modeRead, &inException ) ) { // normal processing } else { inException.ReportError (); } Where the ReportError above displays: A sharing violation occurred while accessing C:\Program File\CB_Software\Program\CB_grabber.log Thanks. - Dave Can't diagnose with the info prov...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

Unable to view Customizations in MSCRM 3.0 while working with IE 7
I have done the customizations on the quote entity.It works fine when i use MSCRM with IE 6.0.But when i logon to MSCRM using IE 7.0,am able to see the customizations but the the calculation part for the amount is not getting reflected.can any one help me in the subject. Thanks shashank ...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

Record Number 04-17-10
I'm migrating an ACC03 database to an ACC07 database. On a particular form, the users claim that in the 03 database they could scroll through the record numbers (the record numbers at the bottom left of the form) in date order, rather than how they were entered -- by record number). Could this be done in ACC03? Can it be done in ACC07? Thanks Jeff Jeffrey Marks wrote: >I'm migrating an ACC03 database to an ACC07 database. > >On a particular form, the users claim that in the 03 database they >could scroll through the record numbers (the record numbers ...

4.0 VPC image expires April 2009
The latest Microsoft VPC image for CRM 4.0 is set to expire April 2009. This is invaluable for ISVs such as ourselves to demonstrate CRM to potential clients especially using customisations particular to that client. Are there plans to replace this with a new VPC image? regards, Paul. HI Paul, I believed Microsoft is already aware of this. :) Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 13, 8:14=A0pm, Paul <lis...@gmail.com> wrote: > The latest Microsoft VPC image for CRM 4.0 is set to expire April > 2009. > > This is invaluable for ISVs s...

Counting #4
Hello all! I am a teacher and I am trying to calculate what each student scored on a test. Here's my setup: Column A Column B C D E Question1 Question2 Question 3 Question 25 Correct Answer: A D A C John Bratty C D A B Willy Wonka D A D C Jenny Penny...

Assign Records to different organizations
Hi Guys, I have a customer interested in CRM Titan as it supports multiple organizations in one single installation but he has a requirement which is the ability to assign a record (a contact for example) to a different organization. For ex. I have Organization A and Organization B and I have a contact in Organization A, and I would like to assign it to a user in Organization B. is this possible? The organization support in titan allows the same hardware to be used for different installation of CRM. These organizations used sepparate databases. So sharing data is not an out-of-the-box ...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

Migration fron Solomon 4.0 to Great Plains 8.0
We have a client that wants to migrate the financial applications from solomon 4.0 to Great Plains 8.0. Is there any migration tool to do this job ar any other helpful recommendations on how to do this. ...