Track pst emails on CRM

When trying to track on CRM email from local pst file and not from default
pst, there is an error "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can
be promoted to Microsoft"

Suggestion: add the option of tracking email of other pst files the default
pst.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c3f1fab2-d45a-426c-84ec-f9c330dbded9&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi their,

Still new to the CRM 4.0 system. I've come across this issue you describe.
Where / to what menu do you make the changes based on your soultion?
Thanks
Andrew

"Shay" wrote:

> When trying to track on CRM email from local pst file and not from default
> pst, there is an error "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can
> be promoted to Microsoft"
>
> Suggestion: add the option of tracking email of other pst files the default
> pst.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c3f1fab2-d45a-426c-84ec-f9c330dbded9&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Sending Emails
Hi, Does anybody know a way to automatically send emails. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. HEADER /* Definition of the CMailUtility class */ #if !defined __CMAILUTILITY_H__ #define __CMAILUTILITY_H__ #include "Mapi.h" class CMailUtility { //Members public: private: HMODULE m_hMAPIDLL; LPMAPISENDMAIL m_pfnMAPISendMail; //Methods public: CMailUtility( void ); ~CMailUtility( void ); bool SendMail( char* in_szAddressTo, char* in_szSubject, char* in_szMessage, char* in_szAttachments ); private: }; #endif //__CMAILUTILITY_H__ CPP SOURCE FILE /* Implementa...

Exporting and Importing Activities from PST file
Product: Outlook 2003 When you export a PST file and then import it onto another computer, is it able to maintain the Activities tab items? Using an Exchange Server is not an option at the present time. Thank you for the feedback. No, it's not. Only copying the entire .pst file and then using it as = your default data store can do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http:...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

CRM 4.0 Client Upgrade
Running Vista SP1 with Office 2007. CRM Outlook Client install runs fine then rolls back and gives error messge - "installation is not completed because of errors..." - here is the log file below - can anyone help ?? Log Name: Application Source: MsiInstaller Date: 5/20/2008 1:35:54 AM Event ID: 1033 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: DK\Carl.D Computer: dkarhl123.dk.martin.local Description: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Microsoft Office Outloo...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Email blocking
Is there any way that I can block all emails unless the sender is in my address book? I am having a problem with getting too much junk email. I know that the rule wizard is an option, but I am having a hard time figuring out the exact rule that I need. I would like all unknown senders sent to the deleted file, so that I can scan it before I delete it. There is the option to send all emails with specified words in the subject or the body to the deleted file (which hasn't seemed to work very well), but I want to know how to send all unrecognized senders to the deleted file. Does an...

AD User (Email) for Queue
Hi All, I just want some clarification for AD User/Email Account that is associated with CRM Queue. Do we need to disable this account? I read in the step by step in instructions from Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation & Configuration Curriculum: ================================================ If the Support Queue user account is enabled (it should not be if you selected the Disable this account option earlier), then right-click the Support Queue user object, click Disable Account and click OK. WARNING: Ensure that this account is a disabled account. If this account is not a disabled accoun...

aggregating emails for group reply
Say I have 100 emails from various people in my email box. I would like to send a single response to all of them (preferably with all of them in the bcc field). I prefer not going to each one separately with a reply or going to each email to save the recipient contact info, then put them in a contact group and then send a reply. Has anyone got any suggestions how I can do this quickly? create a view with only the from email address showing. copy the view and paste into the bcc field of a new message. See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm and http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/...

pst File Size Over the Limit
I'm using Outlook 2003 and I've started getting messages that the storage limit for the mailbox has been exceeded. My email goes to Outlook and I drag emails I don't want to lose over to a pst personal folder. I thought the problem was with the emails in my Inbox but now I think its the pst file that has exceed the storage limit. The size is 2,105,041 KB. From Outlook I've now deleted some of the files and subfolders from my pst Personal Folder but when I go to Windows Explorer to recheck the file size it's still 2,105,041 KB. What can I do to decrease the file ...

email restore
Hello: I recently had to wipe and restore my hard drive after viral infection. I was able to back everything up, and want to know how and where I can access all of my old emails and restore them to outlook express. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks. "steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bffa01c47a2c$86728ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello: > > I recently had to wipe and restore my hard drive after > viral infection. I was able to back everything up, and > want to know how and where I can access all of my old > emai...

how do i restore deleted email with out exchange?
I deleted my inbox by mistake. Does anyone know how to restore it if you don't have exchange? If the mailbox was stored in a .PST, you may be out of luck. The first thing to do is burn a copy of the .PST file to a CD. Next, I would use Google to search for something like "email recovery service". Good luck! "Kameelah" wrote: > I deleted my inbox by mistake. Does anyone know how to restore it if you > don't have exchange? Thanks I'll see how that works. BTW what is a PST file. "MichaelHensley" wrote: > If the mailbox was stored in a...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

CRM list webpart customization
Hi, I have a requirement to create a MOSS dashboard for CRM and display CRM data in the dashboard. I am using CRM list web part for the purpose. However, I am unable to set the number of records to be displayes in the list. Also I need to connect two list web parts, of which the second one filters its data based on the record selected in the first one. Pls let me know how can I achieve these. Thanks, Mahalax. Hi Mahalax, If you are interested we can discuss about custom dash board solutions. Please let me know your thoughts. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Mahalax"...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Missing email proposal in address field of new email
Hi, Where I work we are using Microsoft Outlook 2007 and windows XP professional. We do not have the routine to save all our contact information in Microsoft outlook contact. This has not been a problem up until now. Normally when we are starting to type an email address in the address field of a new email, outlook have always remembered and given us proposals of matching email addresses to which we have sent emails earlier. Today this did not work for one of our colleagues. It seems as some "memory bank" of outlook just vanished for his profile. My questions ...

forward email as attachment`
I have Outlook 2002 and am trying to forward an email intact with full headers, like I can do in Outlook Express. I can not find any option for doing this. Is this "full-featured" program missing this feature? -- Mike D. www.stopassaultnow.net Remove .spamnot to respond by email use file, insert item or select two items, choose forward and delete the second message. Note that for reporting spam, its better to forward inline and copy the header and paste it into the message. There are utilities, such as pocketknife peek, that will make it easier. Or you can use a macro to ...

Identifying ANSI or Unicode PST File
Hi, I need to identify greater than 1.5 GB PST files in Bulk whether they are ANSI or Unicode File Format. Is there any programmatic way of achieving the same? Using WMI or MAPI may be possible but I am not sure. If some one can help it would be great. Thanks, Gai ...

Email User Size
System Manager shows a user's mailbox size at over 3G. The ost says 600MB. Recently performed an offline defrag as well. The user uses a laptop through rpc or http as well as a desktop but I have removed the cache mode from that machine as well as the ost. Cannot figure out whether I need to delete the user's email account and recreate it or not. Any help would be appreciated. In ESM, go View | Add Remove coulumns and add the Deleted Items coulmn. Does that account for the discrepency? If so, delete their deleted items.... "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> ...

Outlook.pst doesn't exist
Something wrong with my data file and I want to start with a clean slate. How do I do this? I did a thorough computer search and don't have a file called outlook.pst or any file with a pst extension. I tried uninstalling Outlook and then reinstalling but it always manages to find the defective data file. I use Windows XP and Outlook 2002. Thanks >-----Original Message----- > >>-----Original Message----- >>Something wrong with my data file and I want to start >>with a clean slate. How do I do this? I did a thorough >>computer search and don&#...

I want to email only 1 page of my excel sheet how do I do that
I have an excel sheet that has three pages to it. I want to be able to email only one of the pages to a client. Is there any way I can do that? You can send the selection or range Maureen See my site for a example http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Maureen" <Maureen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB8883BB-90FB-424D-AC6A-D7899C1C5F96@microsoft.com... >I have an excel sheet that has three pages to it. I want to be able to email > only one of the pages to a client. Is there any way I can do that? ...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Resolving email ID
I have a user rmack in the system. Instead of defining his email address as rmack@mycompany.com, I have set a group mail id (accounting@mycompany.com). The reason is that I want all mails sent to this user be sent to the accounting mail id. Whenever another user in CRM sends out a mail to this user, everything goes fine. But when you open the closed activity representing this mail, you will notice that this particular mail id could not be resolved to a record in the system. Am I doing something wrong? ...

Send an email to a list of emails in a worksheet
Hi !! Anybody can help me??...I need to send an email using Lotus to a lis of emails contained in a .xls file with that same file attached. Description: I have a .xls file with a list of e-mails and other data I have to send this file to the e-mails that are into the file and a the same time attach that file to the e-mail. Thank -- cexarsiad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cexarsiado's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3780 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57370 see Ron d...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...