Track pst emails on CRM

When trying to track on CRM email from local pst file and not from default
pst, there is an error "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can
be promoted to Microsoft"

Suggestion: add the option of tracking email of other pst files the default
pst.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c3f1fab2-d45a-426c-84ec-f9c330dbded9&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi their,

Still new to the CRM 4.0 system. I've come across this issue you describe.
Where / to what menu do you make the changes based on your soultion?
Thanks
Andrew

"Shay" wrote:

> When trying to track on CRM email from local pst file and not from default
> pst, there is an error "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can
> be promoted to Microsoft"
>
> Suggestion: add the option of tracking email of other pst files the default
> pst.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c3f1fab2-d45a-426c-84ec-f9c330dbded9&dg=microsoft.public.crm

CRM Online: Can ISV.config be used to add custom toolbar buttons?
I know that the on-premise version of CRM allows for the ISV.config to be customized to add custom toolbar buttons, and that those buttons can call JScript. Does this capability exist in CRM Online, as well? Since plug-ins and custom .NET assemblies cannot be used in CRM Online, we want to have users click a toolbar button that calls JScript that calls SharePoint webservices and automatically creates contextual SharePoint document libraries, similar to this post: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/03/28/contextual-sharepoint-document-libraries-and-folders-with-microsoft-dynamics-cr...

Email Accounts #3
Hi, I want a way to save my email accounts so I can just import them into Outlook on a different computer or if I decide to upgrade my OS. I understand about personal folders and archiving, but this does not save the email accountinfornmation itself... the POP3 server, the SMTP server, usernames and passwords. I am using Outlook 2003 and just had to manually enter 20 different email accounts. I archieved them and exported them to pst files, but that does not save the account information. Can I do this? It took forever to remeber all of the account info or to look them all up ag...

Emailing Page from IE7
Just today I tried Emailing a page from the Internet by using File/Send/Page By Email and it will no longer respond. And if I try to open Outlook 2007 right afterward it will not open. I have to restart my computer to open Outlook and then send the page from the Internet. How can I correct this problem? Thanks, C J Is Outlook running as a process in Task Manager? Try closing all instances of outlook.exe in task manager and see if it works then. Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with ...

RTF email address w/o mail to ?
Is it possible to do a signature in RTF with a web site and email address tat will both be links as well as not have mail to: and brackets < preceding and ending ? the links ? Driving me bonkers. ...

How do i set Outlook to receive/send email via wanadoo
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D969EE0-8D22-482B-901D-8F17FFBFA96E@microsoft.com... | ...

Outlook2002 stops responding when opening emails
When I open an email at least 7 times a day Outlook just hangs and the only way to exit is powering off the system. I have all the office updates. Need advice thanks. ...

Outlook 2003 email does not send or receive from IMAP server
I am using Windows XP, Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager on a single computer. My ISP is Charter. I have my own website hosted by GoDaddy and I am trying to sync my email using IMAP settings. I get the following error messages and I can not send or receive, although it does seem to work sporatically. Error messages 0x800CCC0E and 0x800CCC0F. Any suggestions? Alan A wrote: > My ISP is Charter. Are they your e-mail provider? > I have my own website hosted by GoDaddy Are they your e-mail provider? > sync my email using IMAP Or is someone else ...

Does anybody have a template to keep track of bowling avgs & hcp

Cannot download email from Server
Hi I have just upgraded to Outlook from Outlook Express. When I send / receive the mail on the server is shown but, with the internet still connected, when I try to move the mail to my Inbox an error message is shown telling me to click on FILE, then click CONNECT TO MSN. how can I configure outlook to be connected to msn all the time like it used to be in express ? another strange thing is that if I am not connected to the internet and send a new email it goes stright into the sent folder and does not sit in the outbox waiting to go? Any ideas ? Thanks Chris You did not state wha...

Can I restrict SMTP out to a set of email addresses
Exchange 2003, Is it possible to restrict a group of, or all, users from sending mail to any address except a specified set of addresses/domains. If you only want all mail to be sent to certain domains, than install an SMTP Connector and on the Address Space tab enter the domains you want to allow. If a message is sent to a domain that is not on the Address Space tab, then the messages will sit in the "Messages with unreachable destination" queue where they will eventually time out and a Non Delivery Report will be sent back to the originator. With restricting groups you'...

Where is the SEND button for email messages in Office Outlook 200.
I read all the older emails. I am using Vista Basic and brand new Office Outlook 2007 and brand new Office Home and Student, 2007. Do you have an email account configured in outlook? That is required. The send button is next to the To/From/subject field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can acce...

Cannot see CRM website when running the Exchange Router install
When installing the CRM server I do not see the CRM website. It is the default website on the CRM server. I made no changes to the port I was using when running the install. I only see the default company website and exchange symentec. ...

CRM addressable URL question
how to obtain the URL of an entity's related records. For example, when I open Account record, the form contains links on the left navigation such as Activities... how to obtain the URL of this related activities so I can put it in an IFRAME? Hi Benjamin, No real answer, but I remember I have figured this out in late 2005 in a project inspecting the source code of the forms (account). The subviews on the left pane have defined URLs that can be placed into IFrames as you write... HTH Robert "Benjamin Fallar III" wrote: > how to obtain the URL of an entity's r...

Lots of Undeliverable email in administrator mailbox
The story is that some one is spamming our server throught Revrese NDR looks like. They are sending emails to the user who does not exist inmy server and mails were bouncing back. I completly turned off the NDR and messages are not bouncing back now. I have tested this. But they still bloody sending 200 emails a day. Messages are not bouncing back to internet but administrator mailbox is just keep fillling up and it is annoying. Is there any other way i can stop this and to know where arr those messages coming from. I am running windows 2000 SP4 with Exchange 2000 with latest SP and fix...

SAP integration with MS CRM?
Hi, is there any announcement of Microsoft CRM integrating with SAP? Thanks ...

Error occured while trying to upload a custom report in MS CRM 4.0
Hi, i have been trying to upload a custom report (RDL file) in MS CRM 4.0 application and every time i do it i get error message : "An error has occurred". I am trying to upload a RDL file from CRM Reports area and i m getting the same error. When i checked the error log it gives me this e error : Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InvalidDataSourceReferenceException: The report server cannot process the report. The data source connection information has been deleted., ; Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InvalidDataSourceRefe...

Single email ID in multiple group
Hi, I have outlook 2007 and I have configered hotmail account with Outlook connector. I have three questions. 1. Even if mulitple email IDs are saved under one contact name. Outlook shows that senders mails in multiple groups, when arranging by 'From'. (Display name for all emails is same) 2. Connector is not sycronising made changes in contact to my hotmail account. 3. How do I change .ost folder under outlook connector settings ? Please advise me on these issues. Thanks, ~ JeVs ...

Cannot send any emails through my CRM
I have CRM 3.0 installed for a year and have been using it to send direct emails to the contacts i have. when i tried to send email last week i couldn't. It seems that the activity is recorded in the CRM but the recipient never receives it. Please advise on where i should check to detect the problem. May be the email relay has been disabled for the crm web server on the exchange smtp service. In addition check the smtp settings on the CRM web server registry under mscrm Lastly check the crm web web server event logs to see if any errors are being logged ========================...

can not send emails I have tried what it is recommended by this fo
The message that I received is the following: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'conexion de movistar probando', Account: 'Correo Abraham', Server: 'ssmtp.movistar.net.ve', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I have tried the next but unfortunately It still doesnot work: 1.-mail account -->servers-->log on using Secure Password Authentication (ACTIVATED or not = It does not work). 2.-mail account -->servers-->outgoing mail server-->my server requires authentication--&g...

Where is the Email Account info stored?
I currently have my PST file stored on a separate partition from my program files. Then if I need to restore an image, my data is unaffected. However, is there a way to perform a similar storage to my email accounts? I just restored a partition and I lost all of my account information (Tools -> Email Accounts). Where is that info stored? How do I store it elsewhere from the C: drive? Thanks. It's in the registry. In Office 2003 the Save My Settings wizard will save that information. Office 2007 doesn't have that but the Vista migration tool will move it. <-> wrote...

Email Client Defaults to Exchange
I have a client who is using Outlook 2002 on a SBS2003 network. They chose not to use Exchange at this time, so they get their email from their ISP's POP3 server. The default setting in Outlook (on SBS2003 networks) is Exchange. I added the POP3 account and moved it to the top of the list and made it the default. That works fine for a few days then Exchange moves to the default for some reason. I reset the POP3 to default and it is fine for a few more days, then Exchange again moves to default. Once that happens, any outgoing email is delayed for many hours. Any ideas on why th...

Problem importing PST into Outlook 2003
I recently installed Outlook 2003 over a previous installation (Outlook 2002) and it worked fine (my message store, contacts etc. were imported automatically. I recently had to reformat my HD. But before I did, I copied my old Outlook.pst file (17Mb). I then re-installed Office 2003. But now, no matter what I try, I can't get Outlook to either use my old PST or import the data. Whenever I try, I get the message: "Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file". Help! I have thousands of contacts that I can't afford to lose! Bobby Check and see if the file has been saved as a...

Help assesing mailbox storage limits reducing need for PST storage
We currently limit mailbox storage to 250mb each. We are concidering increasing the storage limit to 1 GB and need some recommendations for our environment. We are trying to reduce the need for PST files to manage personal storage We are runing Exchange 2003 Clustered in Windows 2000SP4 OS on Compaq DL360 PIII 1.13ghz servers with 4GB of memory and 46GB of remaining storage (will grown storage as needed) We plan on allowing 70 users to grow email storage to max out @ 1GB Is this possible in my senario and what issues should I concider and what recommendations might you lend me Thanks...

opening .pst archives