Track email to 2 accounts

I don't think it's possible but can an email be tracked to 2 accounts. The
customer have a vendor and a customer account where some people need the
information on the vendor and some others on the account. Kinda tricky but
is there somehow a workaround to this.

Jack

0
Help
4/16/2007 12:40:59 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
As far as regarding field is concerned, you can only select one record there.

But if you send an email to two accounts than you will see that email
activity in both accounts's activites (Activites or History) as that email is
emailed to both. An email activity comes in all the views of the records
which are party of that email.

--
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com

"Help needed" wrote:

> I don't think it's possible but can an email be tracked to 2 accounts. The
> customer have a vendor and a customer account where some people need the
> information on the vendor and some others on the account. Kinda tricky but
> is there somehow a workaround to this.
>
> Jack

The problem is the incoming mails so I guess it's not possible.

Maybe I have a workaround, on the mail hit ctrl + c and ctrl+ v then you
have 2 which can be tracked to 2 different accounts, could be a way around.

Jack

"uMar Khan" <imumar@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi,
> As far as regarding field is concerned, you can only select one record
> there.
>
> But if you send an email to two accounts than you will see that email
> activity in both accounts's activites (Activites or History) as that email
> is
> emailed to both. An email activity comes in all the views of the records
> which are party of that email.
>
> --
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for
> our
> feedback.
>
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
>

> "Help needed" wrote:
>
>> I don't think it's possible but can an email be tracked to 2 accounts.
>> The
>> customer have a vendor and a customer account where some people need the
>> information on the vendor and some others on the account. Kinda tricky
>> but
>> is there somehow a workaround to this.
>>
>> Jack

0
Help
4/16/2007 1:41:21 PM
Hi,
Even if emails are coming in, there should be no issue. If that email is
being traked in MS CRM than that email should be visible in the History of
all the reciepents.
You may contact me directly at my email address.

--

"Help needed" wrote:

> The problem is the incoming mails so I guess it's not possible.
>
> Maybe I have a workaround, on the mail hit ctrl + c and ctrl+ v then you
> have 2 which can be tracked to 2 different accounts, could be a way around.
>
> Jack
>
> "uMar Khan" <imumar@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> > Hi,
> > As far as regarding field is concerned, you can only select one record
> > there.
> >
> > But if you send an email to two accounts than you will see that email
> > activity in both accounts's activites (Activites or History) as that email
> > is
> > emailed to both. An email activity comes in all the views of the records
> > which are party of that email.
> >
> > --
> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for
> > our
> > feedback.
> >
> > uMar Khan
> > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> >

> > "Help needed" wrote:
> >
> >> I don't think it's possible but can an email be tracked to 2 accounts.
> >> The
> >> customer have a vendor and a customer account where some people need the
> >> information on the vendor and some others on the account. Kinda tricky
> >> but
> >> is there somehow a workaround to this.
> >>
> >> Jack

The problem is that the mail is only send to the customer and not the
vendor, but the mail is also important to the people working with the
vendor. Therefore there is only one adress in the mail.

I can see that my idea doesn't work, when I copy the mail and track it
tracks to the same mail in crm, arghh, what to do ?

> Hi,
> Even if emails are coming in, there should be no issue. If that email is
> being traked in MS CRM than that email should be visible in the History of
> all the reciepents.
> You may contact me directly at my email address.
>
> --
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for
> our
> feedback.
>
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
>

> "Help needed" wrote:
>

>> The problem is the incoming mails so I guess it's not possible.
>>
>> Maybe I have a workaround, on the mail hit ctrl + c and ctrl+ v then you
>> have 2 which can be tracked to 2 different accounts, could be a way
>> around.
>>
>> Jack
>>
>> "uMar Khan" <imumar@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> > Hi,
>> > As far as regarding field is concerned, you can only select one record
>> > there.
>> >
>> > But if you send an email to two accounts than you will see that email
>> > activity in both accounts's activites (Activites or History) as that
>> > email
>> > is
>> > emailed to both. An email activity comes in all the views of the
>> > records
>> > which are party of that email.
>> >
>> > --
>> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for
>> > our
>> > feedback.
>> >
>> > uMar Khan

0
Help
4/17/2007 11:41:23 AM
Hi,
OK.
You may create a note in Vendor account for each email or make another task
for each email to show email details using callouts.
--

"Help needed" wrote:

> The problem is that the mail is only send to the customer and not the
> vendor, but the mail is also important to the people working with the
> vendor. Therefore there is only one adress in the mail.
>
> I can see that my idea doesn't work, when I copy the mail and track it
> tracks to the same mail in crm, arghh, what to do ?
>
> Jack
>
> "uMar Khan" <imumar@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> > Hi,
> > Even if emails are coming in, there should be no issue. If that email is
> > being traked in MS CRM than that email should be visible in the History of
> > all the reciepents.
> > You may contact me directly at my email address.
> >
> > --
> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for
> > our
> > feedback.
> >
> > uMar Khan
> > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> >

> > "Help needed" wrote:
> >

> >> The problem is the incoming mails so I guess it's not possible.
> >>
> >> Maybe I have a workaround, on the mail hit ctrl + c and ctrl+ v then you
> >> have 2 which can be tracked to 2 different accounts, could be a way
> >> around.
> >>
> >> Jack
> >>
> >> "uMar Khan" <imumar@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse

It's quite easy !

Track a mail in outlook and assign regarding.

Stay on the same mail in the outlook folder and clik find in crm again and
it asks if it should make a copy in crm, choose new regarding and done :)

> Hi,
> OK.
> You may create a note in Vendor account for each email or make another
> task
> for each email to show email details using callouts.
> --
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for
> our
> feedback.
>
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
>

> "Help needed" wrote:
>
>> The problem is that the mail is only send to the customer and not the
>> vendor, but the mail is also important to the people working with the
>> vendor. Therefore there is only one adress in the mail.
>>
>> I can see that my idea doesn't work, when I copy the mail and track it
>> tracks to the same mail in crm, arghh, what to do ?
>>
>> Jack
>>
>> "uMar Khan" <imumar@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> > Hi,
>> > Even if emails are coming in, there should be no issue. If that email
>> > is
>> > being traked in MS CRM than that email should be visible in the History
>> > of
>> > all the reciepents.
>> > You may contact me directly at my email address.
>> >
>> > --
>> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for
>> > our
>> > feedback.
>> >
>> > uMar Khan

0
Help

Sending Emails
Hi, Does anybody know a way to automatically send emails. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. HEADER /* Definition of the CMailUtility class */ #if !defined __CMAILUTILITY_H__ #define __CMAILUTILITY_H__ #include "Mapi.h" class CMailUtility { //Members public: private: HMODULE m_hMAPIDLL; LPMAPISENDMAIL m_pfnMAPISendMail; //Methods public: CMailUtility( void ); ~CMailUtility( void ); bool SendMail( char* in_szAddressTo, char* in_szSubject, char* in_szMessage, char* in_szAttachments ); private: }; #endif //__CMAILUTILITY_H__ CPP SOURCE FILE /* Implementa...

Re: Writing a resume I'm not sure what I write in objectives #2
"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... > > "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... >> >> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message >> news:eP#YfN65JHA.2656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >>> GbH wrote: >>>> but neither is a resume!!!! >>> >>> So you're complaining about the lack of acute accents when people >>> refer to a r�sum� as a resume? Why not correct to the intended word >>> rather than a different one - pa...

Outlook express emails missing text
Can anyone out there help me discover why the body of my emails in outlook express are all blank. I was able to read all of my messages about 3 weeks ago but now every email I open has no content. It is a newsgroup that I have access to on web access as well.. Any suggestions please let me know.. Tks again Barb.. Barbra <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone out there help me discover why the body of my > emails in outlook express are all blank. I was able to > read all of my messages about 3 weeks ago but now every > email I open has no content....

Business Cards in Publisher #2
How do I number my business cards? Consecutive numbering tutorial for Publisher located here: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Zina" <Zina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5442C78A-E17C-40F0-81BF-061CE60B1AC5@microsoft.com... > How do I number my business cards? ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Newsgroups in Outlook #2
Hi, I tried to personalize my Outlook 2003 for possibility of reading newsgroups. I moved Newsgroups icon to Go To menu. Everything was ok until I restarted computer. I do not have Newsgroups icon in Go To menu nor I am able to move it there because I am unable to find icon among available ones. What did happen? Thank you very much for your help. Best regards, Fornol To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you...

Email blocking
Is there any way that I can block all emails unless the sender is in my address book? I am having a problem with getting too much junk email. I know that the rule wizard is an option, but I am having a hard time figuring out the exact rule that I need. I would like all unknown senders sent to the deleted file, so that I can scan it before I delete it. There is the option to send all emails with specified words in the subject or the body to the deleted file (which hasn't seemed to work very well), but I want to know how to send all unrecognized senders to the deleted file. Does an...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Please verify that you have enough Crystal Licenses #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C544D6.89D4EC50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi=20 I have gone through most of the resolutions suggested in some newsgroup = posts without any success. I keep getting "Please verify that you have = enough Crystal Licenses" whenever I launch any report from CRM site. Thanks, =20 Mansoor Awan=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C544D6.89D4EC50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printabl...

linking data #2
I know how to copy data from one Excel file and do a Paste Special, Paste as Link onto another file. That works fine but the updated data flows in one way only. Is there a way of linking two Excel files so that you have the same data on each one, but they are linked so that updating data in one file will automatically be shown in the second file, and this will happen no matter which of the files is updated? I don't see anything in Excel that would allow this. Stephen, You can do the tow way flow, but it is a BAD idea. Better is to use one workbook, with one worksheet as your...

how do i restore deleted email with out exchange?
I deleted my inbox by mistake. Does anyone know how to restore it if you don't have exchange? If the mailbox was stored in a .PST, you may be out of luck. The first thing to do is burn a copy of the .PST file to a CD. Next, I would use Google to search for something like "email recovery service". Good luck! "Kameelah" wrote: > I deleted my inbox by mistake. Does anyone know how to restore it if you > don't have exchange? Thanks I'll see how that works. BTW what is a PST file. "MichaelHensley" wrote: > If the mailbox was stored in a...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Row limit in data validation drop down list? #2
Thanks for the replies. Checking my named range was the first thing I did, and it does includ all the cells, including the recent additions (they were inserte alphabetically, as opposed to added to the bottom of the list). I seems my version of Excel is possessed, because my drop down list i limited to 666 lines. :eek: I have deleted some older project codes as a short-term fix, and I wil look into the dependent list option, but I was trying to follow the KIS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle for my users. If anyone else has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks, ~Courtne -- ...

AD User (Email) for Queue
Hi All, I just want some clarification for AD User/Email Account that is associated with CRM Queue. Do we need to disable this account? I read in the step by step in instructions from Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation & Configuration Curriculum: ================================================ If the Support Queue user account is enabled (it should not be if you selected the Disable this account option earlier), then right-click the Support Queue user object, click Disable Account and click OK. WARNING: Ensure that this account is a disabled account. If this account is not a disabled accoun...

aggregating emails for group reply
Say I have 100 emails from various people in my email box. I would like to send a single response to all of them (preferably with all of them in the bcc field). I prefer not going to each one separately with a reply or going to each email to save the recipient contact info, then put them in a contact group and then send a reply. Has anyone got any suggestions how I can do this quickly? create a view with only the from email address showing. copy the view and paste into the bcc field of a new message. See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm and http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/...

Office in 1 computer, but 2 user/profiles
I bought a "regular" MS Office for Mac (Student and Teacher Edition) and installed it without problems. However, it only shows up on my primary (admin) account, but not on the guest account, even though I have all MS Office programs enabled in the System Preferences so that the guest account can use it. This is not a multi-user office or anything that requires a multi-user license; the guest account is mostly for family/friends when they are visiting and need to use Office... I'm sure there is a way to fix this?? Thanks, Erick. On 9/29/07 11:07 AM, in article 1191089252.53892...

email restore
Hello: I recently had to wipe and restore my hard drive after viral infection. I was able to back everything up, and want to know how and where I can access all of my old emails and restore them to outlook express. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks. "steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bffa01c47a2c$86728ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello: > > I recently had to wipe and restore my hard drive after > viral infection. I was able to back everything up, and > want to know how and where I can access all of my old > emai...

I want to email only 1 page of my excel sheet how do I do that
I have an excel sheet that has three pages to it. I want to be able to email only one of the pages to a client. Is there any way I can do that? You can send the selection or range Maureen See my site for a example http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Maureen" <Maureen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB8883BB-90FB-424D-AC6A-D7899C1C5F96@microsoft.com... >I have an excel sheet that has three pages to it. I want to be able to email > only one of the pages to a client. Is there any way I can do that? ...

Outlook 2000 SP3 gives alerts while sending mails using COM Addin #2
Hi, I have writtern an COM Addin which sends mails to a specified receipient on exiting outlook. The application was working fine until i put SP3 on outlook 2000. From then on, on outlook exit, it started prompting users that "A Program is trying to send a mail. Do you want to allow the program to send mail?" Sameway when i open mail box using com addin, it again alerts telling A Program is trying to accesses your mails. Do you want to allow the program to access mail?" Is there anyway, where in i can by pass this alerts ??? I'm using Outlook 2000 and SP3. Thank...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Email User Size
System Manager shows a user's mailbox size at over 3G. The ost says 600MB. Recently performed an offline defrag as well. The user uses a laptop through rpc or http as well as a desktop but I have removed the cache mode from that machine as well as the ost. Cannot figure out whether I need to delete the user's email account and recreate it or not. Any help would be appreciated. In ESM, go View | Add Remove coulumns and add the Deleted Items coulmn. Does that account for the discrepency? If so, delete their deleted items.... "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> ...

forward email as attachment`
I have Outlook 2002 and am trying to forward an email intact with full headers, like I can do in Outlook Express. I can not find any option for doing this. Is this "full-featured" program missing this feature? -- Mike D. www.stopassaultnow.net Remove .spamnot to respond by email use file, insert item or select two items, choose forward and delete the second message. Note that for reporting spam, its better to forward inline and copy the header and paste it into the message. There are utilities, such as pocketknife peek, that will make it easier. Or you can use a macro to ...

Error Messages #2
After migrating my settings to my new computer from the old, I have an annoying dialog box which says, "Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew" when I open the program and another dialog box saying, "Compile error in hidden module: DistMon. What is the problem, and how do I fix it? Thank you in advance. JR You have a faulting add-in and I suspect this is the Adobe one. Try looking under Tools>Add-ins and uncheck everything. Restart Excel If you find nothing there, try un-installing/re-installing adobe acrobat -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southamp...

Missing email proposal in address field of new email
Hi, Where I work we are using Microsoft Outlook 2007 and windows XP professional. We do not have the routine to save all our contact information in Microsoft outlook contact. This has not been a problem up until now. Normally when we are starting to type an email address in the address field of a new email, outlook have always remembered and given us proposals of matching email addresses to which we have sent emails earlier. Today this did not work for one of our colleagues. It seems as some "memory bank" of outlook just vanished for his profile. My questions ...