Timezone and date problems Vista / XP

Hi @ all,

users reported 2 issues to me where I'm currently not finding a solution
for.

1.) We have created a custom entity "Training. If Vista CRM client creates
an object of that type and setting a date field the date is displayed on a
XP client with one day difference. If the XP client corrects the date on
both clients the date is the same. Can anyone reproduce that behavior?

2.) On one CRM client occurs that if an email is attached to a contact or
lead the sending date of that mail is set to 2045/01/01 instead of send date
displayed in Outlook. Does anyone have a solution for me? Diagnostic and
repair install didn't solve.

All machines have the same patch level. All Outlook versions are 2007. All
crm clients are v4.0.

Sebastian

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The date difference is probably due to a different configuration for the two
clients with respect to time zones.

CRM stores date (and date time) values as UTC. if you have one system set to
UTC+1 and the other to UTC. A date store on the first system will be stored
as 1-2-1 23:00 and this will display correctly (as 1-2-1), the second system
however will display 1-1-1. If the second system stores it the date is stored
as 1-2-1 0:00, the first system will convert this to 1-2-1 1:00 before
displaying it and therefore appear to show the same value.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
Lead Developer

Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx

"Grote, Sebastian" wrote:

> Hi @ all,
>
> users reported 2 issues to me where I'm currently not finding a solution
> for.
>
> 1.) We have created a custom entity "Training. If Vista CRM client creates
> an object of that type and setting a date field the date is displayed on a
> XP client with one day difference. If the XP client corrects the date on
> both clients the date is the same. Can anyone reproduce that behavior?
>
> 2.) On one CRM client occurs that if an email is attached to a contact or
> lead the sending date of that mail is set to 2045/01/01 instead of send date
> displayed in Outlook. Does anyone have a solution for me? Diagnostic and
> repair install didn't solve.
>
> All machines have the same patch level. All Outlook versions are 2007. All
> crm clients are v4.0.
>
> Sebastian

0
Patrick2861 (490)
9/5/2008 10:56:12 AM
Patrick,

"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:
> The date difference is probably due to a different configuration for the
> two
> clients with respect to time zones.
>
> CRM stores date (and date time) values as UTC. if you have one system set
> UTC+1 and the other to UTC. A date store on the first system will be
> stored
> as 1-2-1 23:00 and this will display correctly (as 1-2-1), the second
> system
> however will display 1-1-1. If the second system stores it the date is
> stored
> as 1-2-1 0:00, the first system will convert this to 1-2-1 1:00 before
> displaying it and therefore appear to show the same value.

thanks for your answer. I assumed that CRM would use same time zone settings
as the OS does but after verification at the clients I found out that you
are right :-)

Sebastian

Hi @ all,

"Grote, Sebastian" <vicon.anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message:
> 2.) On one CRM client occurs that if an email is attached to a contact or
> lead the sending date of that mail is set to 2045/01/01 instead of send
> date displayed in Outlook. Does anyone have a solution for me? Diagnostic
> and repair install didn't solve.
This could be solved by fully re-installing the CRM client for outlook.

Sebastian

IDCANCEL existance problem
Hi, I have a dialog that has a couple of buttons, of which one is a button with id IDOK and there is no button with id IDCANCEL. When I try to add a button called IDCANCEL I get the message that it already exists. When I created this dialog I probably deleted the IDCANCEL button. When using ClassWizard there is no IDCANCEL control. How can I add an IDCANCEL button? Thanks, Joachim In dialog editor just add button as you would add any new button. then right click on it and go to properties. Choose instead default IDC_BUTTONx to IDCANCEL.... and change caption od button to Cancel or whatever....

Criteria Lookup based on Dates #2
I know I know, this was already posted in a nother group, but no one over there could help me, so I'm hoping someone over here will be able to help me that didn't see it on the group. The "Current Plan" is the formula I'm trying to create: Dates are all US (mm/dd/yyyy). Starting Point: 1 A B C D 2 NAME PLAN Effective Date Current Plan 3 ------------------------------------------------------------------ 4 ID1 1 1/1/2005 5 ID1 3 2/1/2005 6 ID2 2 5/1/2004 7 ID3 2 2/1/2005 8 ID3 4 9/1/2005 9 ...

Reconciling Balance Date
Using Money 2004. When I reconcile my accounts, the pop-up box that shows the ending balance already has a date listed....one month after my last balance. Is there a way, other than manually changing the date, to have the next day after balance reconciliation show up? I balance my accounts every day and find the automatically listed date a "bother" that I have to manually change. Thanks. Balance once a month and it won't do this. It always assumes--with no way to change--that you Balance once per month. This probably reflects the expectation that you only Balance to mon...

Cannot get date to format correctly
I have a problem. I keep trying to format the date in certain cells, and it keeps wanting to add the time. The date is pasted in from worksheets where I had used a NOW() formula, but I had just pasted in as values to the new worksheet. No matter what I've tried as far as changing the format, it just keeps showing the time. How can I keep the date, but get it to stop showing time? If I read it right, you just need to format the cells Right click, select format cells, General Tab, Custom (bottom of the list) and if not already provided, type in the format you want eg. dd...

Windows 7 with IE 8 64 bit problems
I hope someone can assist me. I'm trying to load two programs on my new laptop, both seem to have compatibility issues with Windows 7 and/or 64 bit. How can I change my IE settings to 32 bit. The two programs are: Desktop weather (from weather.com) VZAccess Manager (used to tether my Blackberry for wifi access) Both seem have an issue with 64 bit, so I wanted to change it to 32 bit but don't know how. Appreciate anyone's suggestions or help! Thanks, Cheryle Windows 7 64-bit includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer 8. --- Leonard G...

Calc. Length of time with time-in, time-out, date-in, date-out in diff. columns
I need to calculate total length of time in hours:minutes:seconds. ColumnA: Arrive date in M/D/YYYY ColumnB: Depart date in M/D/YYYY ColumnC: Arrive time in H:M:Seconds ColulmnD: Depart time in H:M:Seconds I can't figure out how to get my formulas to look at BOTH date AND TIME & arrive at a total length of time that honors a period over 24 hours. I know I can format [H], and I've looked at other formula pieces, but I'm unable to get all four pieces above to connect. How do I do that? Nic. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi use the following for...

Problem with Outlook Tasks
Hello there, Over the last two weeks I've been having a problem with entering in Tasks in Outlook 2003 SP2. When I try to save a task, I receive the generic error - Please save the task order by clicking save task order on the actions menu in the "tasks" folder. The view must not be filtered or grouped for save taks order to be available. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. The steps I've taken to resolve this have been Save Task order fails Uninstalling Office 2003 SP1 with a reg clean Exporting all tasks to a PST leaving a c...

xs:dateTime and timezone problems
Not sure if this is an xml or a ado.net question: I have created an xml document from a .net dataset which contains a DateTime column, however all the time elements are set to 00:00:00. example of xml created: <Date>2005-06-03T00:00:00.0000000+01:00</Date> I am based in the UK and my computer timezone is set to GMT (although the above data may have been created during DST). If I load this xml document back into a dataset and save the results into a sql table, I find that the time element remains zero (regardless of it being DST or not). If I change my computer timezone to Sydne...

Macro for hiding all rows accept those selected by a dated column?
Column A has dates in Descending order. I am wanting to hide all but a predefined date range. So if there are dates in rows 5 through 300 and I want to see only a week from today, it will show 5 weekdays starting with row 5. I would like to do this also for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, & 1 year. Can you help me construct a macro please? -- Thank you! ...

Calculating Due Date
I have an Effective_Date field in my table and need to calculate due dates. If the date is before or equal to the 15th of the month, show the Effective Date, if after show the first of the next month, that would be the 1st due date. Then I need to show the second date as 30 days from the first date and the third date as 60 days from then. The other problem I'm have is in a report I want to show all of those with a date in say "October" whether it is the 1st, 2nd or 3rd due date. Can this be done with an expression, or do I need to create fields for those dates? Thanks...

I always met this type problem
Hi, I always met this type problem when write program: Class A { ReadList(Param) { ... }; } If the data is very large, we cannot return the list in an array or list, because it will use too many memory, I have tried some methods like use CallBack, SendMessage etc, but all feel not good, I'd like to see it like the CRecordset object, after call open, we can use MoveNext, MovePreviours, how to implement it? Thanks for your help jh_zzz Don't move your data list just implement function like GetFirst, GetNext etc. for this you need maintain a private variable current_pointer that...

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

MS Money 2003, Dates on Transaction Forms
I am running MS Money 2003 Standard. Frequently while paying bills in my checking account when I click on Common Withdrawls/Upcoming Bills, and click on a bill, the date window in the transaction form displays a very old date, rather than the current bill "due date". How can I cure this problem? Thank you, Charles ...

Logging On Problems
Hi All, On saturday we successfully migrated our AD and Exchange from our old W2K server and Exchange 2000 to 2003 server and exchange 2003. For the last three days, all outlook clients have been working fine without any trouble, but this morning my own outlook client will not load, but gives the error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. You do not have permission to log on." My client machine is WinXP SP1, with Outlook XP and as I mentioned was working fine last night and I promise I haven't changed anything either on th...

Cell Format Problem
I'm working with a spreadsheet that is exported from a phone time-clocking service. Basically, employees call a phone number, choose an option to either punch in or out, and the service tracks these punches throughout the week. At the end of the week, all data is exported into an Excel file that I need to change into a different format to import into my payroll service's software. The problem I'm having is that the export sheet is some sort of text format. For example, if I highlight a number of cells, the "sum" function in the task pane will not add the number...

Problems with IE7 and GP 9
Hello Great Plains Gurus, I am having a problem with Great Plains 9 and Internet Explorer 7, where the homepage inside Great Plains is completely blank for some users. Originally I submitted a service request to Microsoft when the issue popped up on one PC and they suggested a few things to try and finally said that they couldn't resolve my problem. Initially I didn't know that the issue was related to IE 7, but now that it has become available on WSUS we deployed it to our entire office and now about half of the Great Plains users have no homepage. Everything was working properly w...

TimeZones
Hi, I wish to get a list of Time Zones. I'm not sure if there is an MFC/API call for this. Currently I am enumerating all the items in the registry under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones Under windows 9x it's a different key. So, there ought to be an API call. Second, the time zones are strings (other registry data seems meaningless to me). I wish to calculate the time zone using the offset compared to the local time zone. 1) How/Where do I find the Time Zone configured for the user (under time/date settings)? 2) How do I calculate the...

Creating a chart(? pie chart) that shows customers,dates and machi
I am trying to make a pie chart or a cylinder chart that will show 10 customers, each customer has 10 machines and all have been delivered on different dates. Is this possible? If not what type of chart is? Thanks Mark Melancon On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Mark M <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to make a pie chart or a cylinder chart that will show 10 >customers, each customer has 10 machines and all have been delivered on >different dates. What information do you want to show about the ten customers and their ten machines...

bigest date in the date field
How to find Bigest date in a date field for a query. As i use max() function in date field it give any error message:Cannot have aggregate function in WHERE clause <clause>. (Error 3096) Regards Faisal Riyadh On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:23:00 -0700, Faisal <Faisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to find Bigest date in a date field for a query. > > >As i use max() function in date field it give any error message:Cannot have >aggregate function in WHERE clause <clause>. (Error 3096) > > >Regards >Faisal >Riyadh This may be a better case...

Long Date / Between and...
Hi all, I just converted from 2003 to 2007 and at the same time I took the opportunity to “clean up” some in tables…I changed [DateCreated] format from short to long date since the Date/Time stamp Is valuable (previous I used one separate date and time) ..Here is the issue. Running the query with the parameters in the [DateCreated] field, Between(First Date) AND (Second Date) does not function.. what am I doing wrong? Thanks! Changing the format of a field doesn't actually change what's stored in the field: it just changes how it's presented. If DateCreate...

Switching different org in CRM 4 problem
Hi, We have successfully upgraded our CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 Enterprise. We also successfully access the default organization, http://crmserver1. Now, using Deployment manager tool, we created another organization, called BSG. It was created successfully. The problem is when we are accessing the other organization, http://crmserver1/BSG it cannot be located or cannot be resolved. We discovered that using http://crmserver1/BSG/loader.aspx, it can be displayed. According to some blogs and articles, in order to switch to different organization in same CRM server installation, the notation i...

installation problems #2
I get a message stating that message are failing to be sent or received. The suggestionis the server name or port location may be wrong I want to use outlook for an existing email account. Could I get some guidance on how to set this up. Thanks foryour help ndtjohn@crystalpeaks.com You usually go to your ISP support pages for info on setup, but I note your ISP is lacking in any visible support The setup is specific to your ISP "ndtjohn" <ndtjohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056058EE-B36D-4EBD-9095-5499AB4A4625@microsoft.com... > I get a message statin...

XP and Outlook 2003
XP (SP2) users receive new email notifications (and can reply to the email) even after closing Outlook 2003. Task manager shows that Outlook is still running despite having closed the application. Yet.....when windows 2000 PCs running the same version of Outlook close Outlook, it closes completely and users do not receive new email notifications until they re-open Outlook. Why?? (Both XP and Windows 2000 users are all running in cached mode.) Thank you, Lorri Moore LMoore <LMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > XP (SP2) users receive new email notifications (and can...

Date formatting question
I've just upgraded from Windows 98se to XP Pro, and have been using Excel 2000 on both. Since installing XP and reinstalling Excel, however, I've noticed an annoying quirk which has thrown out the dates of a large set of sheets created and saved under 98. The cells are formatted as 'custom', dd/mm/yyyy and previously I have entered a numeric value - say 1337 - to get the date (late August this year). Now, however, it seems to resolve to a date in 1903 - a century ago. I'm sure it's a case of checking a box in the options somewhere, but for the life of me I can't ...

CStringArray.add problem
Hi, I’m writing a program which reads a plain text file and converts the input to a formatted label print, ie. format, group and paginate the data, and then print (display) the label print. Because the numbers of input line is unknown, so cannot use SetSize to set the CStringArray. It adds each line to CStringArray - m_stringArray.add(str);. When compiling there’s an error : “error C2039: 'add' : is not a member of 'CStringArray'” Why? Another problem is the code in CScrollView::OnInitialUpdate(): CRect rectPrint; CSize sizeToal(rectPrint.Width, rectPrint.Height); S...