this record can not be deleted because it is read only

hi,

when i try to delete an opportunity record, i receive this error message:
this record can not be deleted because it is read only". i have system
administrator role but it doesn not help.
how can i fix this? and is it possible to make a record read only in crm?

thanks in advance
orkun

0
Orkun
2/18/2005 4:57:25 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

i thought this was only possible using sdk code? have you made any such
customizations?
also is this a record you own or one shared with you?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Orkun Goze" <sorkung@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> when i try to delete an opportunity record, i receive this error message:
> this record can not be deleted because it is read only". i have system
> administrator role but it doesn not help.
> how can i fix this? and is it possible to make a record read only in crm?
>
> thanks in advance
> orkun

0
John

Can't save attachments #2
I have Outlook 2000 and when I try to save attachments Outlook crashes. I can right click and open them no problem it just wont let me save them whether they are jpg's or Word docs. Anyone any ideas? Thanks Tony Tony Williams <tw@invalid.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2000 and when I try to save attachments Outlook > crashes. At what point does the "crash" occur and what exactly are the "crash" symptoms? When you right-click and open, can you then use File>Save As? -- Brian Tillman Thanks for the reply Brian, sorry took so long to get back to ...

Can one silence that stupid "Extend Services" reminder?
I know that MS Money is dead, but want to keep using it (at least for while...). What I find most annoying recently is this most superfluous "Extend Services" reminder each time I want to quit Money. I would already find such an intrusive reminder most infuriating even if it were still valid (I might have chosen NOT to renew, why is there no "don't show me this again" checkbox?), but now that the service isn't even extensible, so that reminder is doubly superfluous. How can I get rid of that and silence this annoyance once and for all? M. Just ...

How do I add a record counter to my form
I would like to add my own record counter, like "Record # of #", to my form. How can I do this? Private Sub Form_Load() DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst End Sub Private Sub Form_Current() Me.Caption = "Record " & CurrentRecord & " Of " & RecordsetClone.RecordCount & " Records" End Sub This code places the info in the form's title area. To place it in a Label, substitute Me.LableName.Caption for Me.Caption. To place it in a TextBox, substitute Me.TextBoxName.Va...

How can I access My outlook account from another computer-vista
My XP computer has crashed. I am trying to access my outlook via a Vista computer but dont know how. Tried the web access programme.,can't download it because my vista computer does not have 11S 5.0 whatever that is. It is called iis5.0. What type of OL account did you have on your XP. POP3,IMAP etc. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "craftylady" <craftylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F05BE2A-E82C-4428-A47D-A9A388352FD5@microsoft.com.....

Record recording
I need help in creating an automatic record form a file to an individual record. Example: You would make a work order for three different employees the first employees work order enter name, date, location, time, cost, and then this information would automatically be recorded to a permanent work sheet record specific to that employee. I have tried to manipulate VLOOKUP for this but to no avail. Any clue or help would be greatly appreciated. -- cdixon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cdixon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Help with sql which counts records
Could someone help me to extend this sql to include: 1. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 2. a count of txtmulti where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 3. a count of txtsole where the field is a YES/NO field and I want a count of where the answer is YES 4. a count of txtnbrparts where the field is a number field and I want a count of where the answer greater than 1 I think I need to extend the WHERE statement? SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtablhybrid, Count(*) AS totals, tblhvdealspt...

Can't get new e-mail in Outlook 2003 after hard drive upgrade
OK, I'm missing something simple... I use Outlook 2003, and ever since I've installed a new boot drive Outlook "shows" e-mail is being received in the bottom progress bar, but no new mail is ever shown in the inbox. I used Western Digital's Data Lifeguard program to make the new drive my boot drive and then put it in the place of the previous hard drive. I've tried everything up to and including copying my Outlook.pst file to a new location and then changing my Outlook config to point to the new file (I renamed the Outlook.pst and the new name shows up in my ...

read receipts
Can read receipts be disabled in Exchange 5.5? Not only the ones to the internet, all of them! ...

Selecting specific records
Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report with only the fields selected? -- Lori A. Pong How about multi-select list box? HTH -- -Larry- -- "Lori" <lpong@sternconstruction.com> wrote in message news:CAE5922D-92E5-4A01-83B2-6484024725C5@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a form with a "select" field (yes/no box), to select > several items (say employees) and then output this information to a report > with only the fields sele...

Can I view an MS Publisher pub, in full screen view?
I want to preview an MS Publisher pub, as a full screen picture (like PowerPoint's Slideshow, in contrast with slide edit view)? Idon't have a color printer so print preview shows a greyed out picture. Should I install a dummy printer and go print preview, or what? Print Preview won't show you a full screen image. You've already seen what it looks like apparently. If you download a dummy driver, you could at least see it in color. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "J.K. August" <J.K. August@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Can you make a Rule to test the absence of words?
Outlook 2003. Is there a way to create a rule that tests for the absence of words or phrases? For example, "move the email to x folder if the subject does NOT include "word y". Yes, you can construct a rule with no conditions, a move action, and an = "except if subject contains word y" exception condition.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcod...

Multiple records in table to display single records
My table has 3 columns, A is account numbers, B is first name, C is last name. If an account has 2 owners, the account number is listed twice in C1, like this: A B C 123 Hank Jones 123 Ann Jones 231 Mike Smith 321 Jim John I want to query this table to display the names side by side if there is more than one owner, so that my data appears like this: A B C D E 123 Hal Jones Ann Jones 231 Tim Smith 321 Jim John Help please! Sorry, got the names mixed up! "Hurrikane4" wrote: > My table has 3 columns, A is account numb...

How do I trigger an event on opening a record
I have an Access 2003 form where I would like to take an action (e.g. via an event procedure or macro) whwnever the user opens a record for editing (e.g. via the arrowed record selector buttons). Effectively what I want is something like an On Enter or On Open control but relating to a whole record. It seems that such a control is only available for (e.g.) a text box, which relates to a single field in a record. I thought there would be something in the Detail section of the form as I thought that section related to whole records (?) but there isn't such a control there. Any idea...

outlook deleted my emails???
all i did was move a folder with emails in it from one email account to another on outlook and the folder moved but not the emails in the folder...does anyone know where they have gone???? pleae help me Is your view of the contents of the folder filtered? Check View > Current View. Messages is what should be checked. "shazdibbs" <shazdibbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFD9BBA6-7C1F-4387-B69E-66E1570CFA17@microsoft.com... > all i did was move a folder with emails in it from one email account to > another on outlook and the folder moved ...

Excel Footer will not delete permanently
Excel 2000 insists on retaining an unwanted footer in the left footer window, even after being deleted and/or replaced. The unwanted footer is popped in automatically when the Print Menu or the Print Preview function is invoked. I've deleted all macros, Custom Views, and the Report Manager, to no avail. It appears to be popping in the unwanted footer from the MRU List in the footer window. 1) How do I eliminate this nuisance? 2) How do I delete the Footer MRU list? Thank you. ...

Object Source / Record Source
Hello I have created a database regarding the School System. I have created three forms (one form and two subforms) one main form is (Students) where i enter student's name, father's name, phone, address etc. now on the main Student form i want to place a subform. But the thing i want to know is: I want to make two buttons on my main form (Fees) and (Progress).. because i have two subforms (sbffees and sbfprogress) now the record source of subformbox should be controled with these two buttons. when i click the ( Fee) button the Source Object should be (sbf-fee) and when i c...

How do I delete unwanted saved e-mail addresses
Alright here is the problem. I just started working for an agency about a week ago and until yesterday, I was always replying ads on craigslist about housing(looking for an apartment) and today, a coworker of mine had told me that stuff like that shouldnt be on my server, and everything I try sending out a mail and I wanna type in the address that starts with a P, it brings up all the personals from craigslist and I dont want to do. My question is how do i erase that or stop it completely? You can highlight an address in an auto-suggest dropdown and hit the Delete key to remove it &qu...

Outlook client 'View in CRM' does not open the record
My 'View in CRM' button is not opening the CRM record. Pop-up blocker is turned off. Any other ideas? Thank you very much! Suzy ...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

Can I use the same driver in all versions of Access or Sqlserver
Hello,I have got a question,I wonder if i can use the same driver as Access2000 to get the data from all versions of Access database,my code connected to Access2000 is as follows: "m_pConnection->Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource="+s.m_database,"","",adModeUnknown); Is this code available for other versions of Access? If not,can anyone tell me the correct code for Access2002.Access2003,Access97? my code connected to Sqlserver2000 is as follow: m_pConnection->Open(Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;Password="+s.m_pass...

MCI recording silence, but Sound Recorder records OK.
Hello everybody, This code using MCI is working fine in many PCs, but one (in which only a long silence is recorded): // // OPEN // sMsg.Format("open new type waveaudio alias %s", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("status %s mode wait", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s format tag PCM", m_sWavName); mciError = mciSendString(sMsg, lpszReturnString, 256, NULL); (...) sMsg.Format("set %s channels 1", m_sWavName); mciE...

Deleting a File in Code
I am trying to figure out the code to delete a file from code within Access. I have the file location/name, I'm stuck trying to come up with the code. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Sharkbyte Check out the kill method in the Help file. Lars "Sharkbyte" <sharkbyte1@hotmail.com-> schreef in bericht news:9A960A9A-7395-4670-84A0-4DDA39942DB4@microsoft.com... > I am trying to figure out the code to delete a file from code within > Access. > I have the file location/name, I'm stuck trying to come up with the code. > > Any help is...

Removed Firewall can send emails
I removed the firewall from my computer, some idiotic little "Freedom firewall" that came pre-installed with this system and am able to send emails just fine now, thanks all. In article <ONv$wgLxDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, support@alfii.com says... > I removed the firewall from my computer, some idiotic little "Freedom > firewall" that came pre-installed with this system and am able to send > emails just fine now, thanks all. Firewalls are a necessary defense, now. If the idiotic little firewall couldn't be configured to allow outbound email con...

OE Can Compact Messages!
Hi, I repeatedly get the often complained about message from OE; "To free up disk space Outlook Express can compact messages...........". I've read the answers to other posters re this nuisance and have dealt with all "The Usual Suspects". In fact that has been my practice for a long time without ever encountering this problem. It has surfaced only recently with no changes in the PC of which I'm aware. The crowning insult occurred today immediately after I had just completed a total manual compacting. A solution would be greatly appreciated. T...

delete row if given cell = 'X'
Is there an easy way to do the above. Thanks much Carl "MSNews" <nf@no.com> wrote in message news:%23Fj6fBvPKHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to do the above. > > Thanks much > > Carl > I'm not an expert but use data filter to select the rows, select and delete them. Try it with a trial sheet first though! Peter Several ways 1. data>filter>autofilter>filter on the x>delete 2. a looping macro from the bottom up sub delifx() for i=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row to 2 step -1 if lcase(cells(i,&qu...