The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 06-20-07

I've seen a few other posts about this, but the situations seem to be
different and the underlying issue doesn't seem to be found.  Anyway.
I have a few users that are disabled.  I want to enable them.  When I
enable them I get the normal pop-up that says something to the effect
of "If you continue you will enable this user".  I click OK and then
the lovely error message web page comes up and gives me the error,
"The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid".  I've
been able to enable other users, it just seems that a few other users
are not enable-able...:)  Anyone know the underlying reason for this
error message?

I'm also pretty new to CRM and am a little confounded by the lack of
error logging.  Is the only way to get any sort of real logging is by
enabling tracing through the registry?  Are there any other logging
capabilities out there?

Thanks,
Bill

0
zinck74
6/20/2007 5:43:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have had exactly the same problem. Not sure if the user was deleted off of
exchange or not, but when IT put this person back onto our exchange, I got
this message when trying to re-enable them on CRM
I ended up having to create a new copy of the user in crm. although cannot
delete the disabled one. Not sure what implications this will have. but just
in case, there's an option to assign all records associated with that person
to you, just to avoid any further problems.

"zinck74" wrote:

> I've seen a few other posts about this, but the situations seem to be
> different and the underlying issue doesn't seem to be found.  Anyway.
> I have a few users that are disabled.  I want to enable them.  When I
> enable them I get the normal pop-up that says something to the effect
> of "If you continue you will enable this user".  I click OK and then
> the lovely error message web page comes up and gives me the error,
> "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid".  I've
> been able to enable other users, it just seems that a few other users
> are not enable-able...:)  Anyone know the underlying reason for this
> error message?
>
> I'm also pretty new to CRM and am a little confounded by the lack of
> error logging.  Is the only way to get any sort of real logging is by
> enabling tracing through the registry?  Are there any other logging
> capabilities out there?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

20+ Numbers in a Column Changes Data
I have a column needing 20+ numbers entered into it. Every time I click off the field with 20+ numbers in it, the entire data changes to new undesirable numbers. Why is this? I do know if I place an underscore in front of my 20+ numbers the problem does not happen. Thanks "Diana" <the_goodmans2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:87b930f7.0310151117.11eb7516@posting.google.com... > I have a column needing 20+ numbers entered into it. Every time I > click off the field with 20+ numbers in it, the entire data changes to > new undesirable numbers. Why is this? I ...

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Reference is not valid
Opening an excel worksheet (have many worksheets in a workbook) using a hyperlink from Word gets error "Reference is not valid". My hyperlink is filename#'worksheet!a1'. Help please. To my knowledge, you can only use hyperlink to open a workbook, not to a worksheet. "Crystal" <cgolding@aaptmobile.com.au> ????? news:0a3401c36155$80329960$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Opening an excel worksheet (have many worksheets in a > workbook) using a hyperlink from Word gets > error "Reference is not valid". My hyperlink is > filename#'worksheet!...

Users not showing up All Users

Vlookup #20
Hi- I am using vlookup where the lookup table is in another file, I have the file name in a cell of the sheet, please let me know how to refer to the file name and range name in the vlookup function by using the cell address that contains the file name. One way: =VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'[" & A2 & "]Sheet1'!A:B"),2,FALSE) However, for INDIRECT, the file must be open or you'll get a #Ref! error. To work with closed workbooks, you could use the INDIRECT.EXT function in Laurent Longre's MOREFUNC.xll add-in: http://xcell05.free.fr/ In ...

user breakpoint

Need User Name and Password

Random Users Calendars not viewable

count 09-25-07
I have sub form and master form the data sheet sub form contain this data serial roomtype GName 1 DBL ahsdkl 2 DBL addfdf 3 SNGL adds 4 Q jkdjfkd the question is: I want to but text box in main form count roomtype where roomtype =DBL I want to but text box in main form count roomtype where roomtype =SNGL I want to but text box in main form count roomtype where roomtype =Q Try these --- =DCount("[roomtype]", "YourTableName", "[roomtype] = 'DBL"...

Domain Controller 01-17-06
May i know how can i solve this problem. When i run Microsoft CRM Environment Diagnostics Wizard some of this message appear : Some of the domain controllers do not appear to be running. The following list of servers should be checked. PrivUserGroup ReportingGroup SQLAccessGroup UserGroup May i know how can i start these controller? Thanks. ...

more then 20 mailboxes
Which component of Outlook seems to cause the problem (Calendar, Inbox, Deleted Items, etc.)? more then 20 Mailboxes Please give a detailed description of the problem (error message, behavior): I use in my Outlook more than 20 Mailboxes. So I can manage all incomming mails. But the mailbox-names are unsorted. So I need a lot of time to find the right inbox. Is it possible that I can sort the mailboxes after the name? Which troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? nothing, I would like to sort the mailing-boxes. Have you installed new software or hardware or changed something else on you...

Manager grayed out on user setup

CRM Exchange Router 07-19-07
Hi, We have setup 2007 Exchange Server in our office, and still have a 2003 Exchange server, I have downloaded the updated CRM Exchange router that supports 2007 exchange enviroment and kept the crm mailbox on the 2003 server. All other mailboxes are now on 2007. Since this upgrade we are now unable to get any emails into our CRM queues. We have also carried out the Rollup 2 Update on the CRM server. If i look into the crm mailbox through outlook, i can see the email arrive at the inbox, it then trys to deliver it to CRM Queue, but is unable to and bounces back into a folder within th...

Lotus user to Outlook user Attachments missing
Hi everyone, I have a strange problem that hopefully someone can help with or maybe point me in the right direction. Infrastructure info: All our clients are running Office 2007 SP2 and we have Exchange 2007 SP1 as our backend. We have a client that has Lotus Notes and sends us many emails per day and almost always they have attachments but usually PDF's, JPG's and DOC's. We have just discovered that they occasionally send us scanned docs in MDI format. The problem is that it appears as though when the client running Lotus attached an MDI file and sends the ema...

I need to delete oldest record so that table only contains latest record 09-16-07
Hi, I have a table called DDPayments which contains 4 fields: PaymentID, DDID, BankID and Date Paid. I need a query that will delete all records, so the rows will only contain the most recent Date when a transaction occured. I currently have the following in the table: ROW 1 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 ROW 2 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 3 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 10/08/07 ROW 4 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 5 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 6 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 (This table i...

users sending messages to themselves
Hello all, I'm running a Exchange 2000 server w SP3 on W2K box w SP4. I have some users who have this old habit of sending a copy of out going message to themselves when they compose a new message by cc or bcc or even To field. I ask them not to do but they are still doing it. Is there a way (may be a script or rule or anything in Exchange or third party software) to stop this. I was told by someone that there is nothing of that nature but I'm still not convinced. There's gotta be a way. Thanks Raj Bambrah Why not let them do whatever they damn well please? Raj Bambrah wro...

IMF and remote users.
I need a bit of hand holding on this. We are about to start hosting our own email. There are branch offices that will pick up their email with POP3 from our server running SBS 2003. I want to filter for spam, but also want all the users to have the ability to review emails caught by the filter. If I use the IMF filter, am I correct in assuming that the remote office users will never see those emails in that they will have been moved out of their inbox to the spam folder? Is there a built-in method of tagging, not moving emails identified as spam on a RBL? Thank you. - Are you going to use ...

Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities
Hi, I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then able to see this user (A) opportunity. I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even though he is the owner of the opportunity account ?? Thanks in advance I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...