The underlying connection was closed: The remote name

Hi,

I'm new to MS-CRM  and am trying to get some given
examples working.

I've written the code to create a Business hierarchy.
I'm getting the following error when I try to execute the
code

""""The underlying connection was closed: The remote name
could not be resolved.""""

Any suggestions or ways to resolve this would be of great
help.

Regards,
Joan
0
joan
5/8/2004 1:05:11 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Joan,

did you simply copied and pasted the sample code into your ASP.NET Web
application?
string strServer = "myservername";

Check if you assigned the strServer variable the name of the server that is
hosting Microsoft CRM.

Steffen

"joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to MS-CRM  and am trying to get some given
> examples working.
>
> I've written the code to create a Business hierarchy.
> I'm getting the following error when I try to execute the
> code
>
> """"The underlying connection was closed: The remote name
> could not be resolved.""""
>
> Any suggestions or ways to resolve this would be of great
> help.
>
> Regards,
> Joan

0
Steffen

Missing Network Connections items
Something has gotten corrupted in my network connection services. When I click on Control Panel>>Network Connections, I am missing Local Area Connection, Wifi Connection and New Connection and Network Setup Wizards. I also no longer see the LAN & Wifi icons in the tray, so I am unable to get to Local Area and Wifi Connection Properties dialogs and I can't connect to available wifi networks. Any idea how to get these items back so I can access them? Are there any back to services I can access to get wifi connected and restore the missing icons? I have a Lenovo...

Failure of MS Outlook 2000 to connect to my WideOpenWest server
In the last 48 hours I am unable to connect to my Wide Open West (WOW) server via the e-mail program with the Netscape Browser or with MS Outlook, to either send or receive mail . I called WOW and they told me to uninstall my firewall, which I did, but both programs still refuse to connect to the server. They verified with me that all settings are correct and should be connecting in both e-mail programs. On the phone the WOW tech said it could be a problem with my 110 port, but that seems really weird since it worked fine Saturday night and wouldn't work on Sunday. Any help anyone...

Display underlying hyperlink
Hi there, I have been given a list of email addresses that I need to import into my database. There is a column called 'Email' which has the value 'Email' in every cell. When you click on one, it opens a new Outlook email with the contact's name in it so I know the real address is there. At the moment I click on the link and copy and paste the email address back into the spreadsheet but this is far too slow considering the number of rows I have. I want to be able to display the REAL email address in the field, instead of a link saying 'Email'. How can I do this? ...

RPC/HTTP works only after first LAN connection
I've gotten RPC over HTTP to work for any client as long as I set it up on the LAN first. These clients can then go out on the internet from any connection and connect without any problems. Any client I try to setup on the internet to use RPC over HTTP as the first connection it fails. Running outlook.exe /rpcdiag shows two connections attempting to go, but the connection method remains blank (doesn't show TCP/IP or HTTPS). Jason I clearly remember reading that it had to be done that way (LAN first), however my mail server is in London, and I'm in New Zealand and I got it ...

displaying underlying code
I have a column that shows peoples names and the names link to thei email address. How do I go about separating the email address out s they are in a separate column. I have tried all the paste specials bu I just can not get the underlying code to display. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Arthu -- ChiefBlogste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ChiefBlogster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2775 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47261 It sounds like the cell...

Close button not responding
At one point in my program, the Close (X) button does not respond in any manner to a click. Moments later, after another operation occurs, the button responds normally. What could cause the button become inactive? "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:uVXi8DPUFHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > At one point in my program, the Close (X) button does not respond in any > manner to a click. Moments later, after another operation occurs, the > button responds normally. > > What could cause the button become inactive? ------...

Disable Internet Connection
I want to disable internet connection on my POS registers, because my cashiers keep surfing the net. My only problem is that I use Credit Card processing over the internet(w/ MercuryPayments). Is there a possible way to disable the internet connection without using third party software or blocking my credit card processing? Thanks in andvance, any help is appreciated. Hi Haik, try this: IE > Tools > Internet Options > Content > Content Advisor > Enable: enter a password Click on Settings > Approved Sites: confirm that the list is empty. Click on the General Tab >...

Urgent Problem
All We have an Exchange 2003 SP1 server, been absolutely fine until yesterday morning when it stopped working; IIS seems to be continually crashing and restarting bringing down Exchange SMTP. There appears to be a whole load of conversations on this and a reference to a Microsoft hotfix which did not fix the problem. Events 7031 and 7034 are continually logged. I am tearing my hair out - can some one please help me Peter Greenway is it this fix http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827214 and this one : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;8...

Outllok 2007
I have Office 2007 Ultimate running under my Vista Ultimate operating system. Ever since Office 2007 was installed, whenever I open Outlook 2007 up pops an error message telling me that:_ "A data file did not close properly the last it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress" Since I always close down Outlook correctly and have run Scanpst.exe to correct any errors (in fact every time I run scanpst.exe it finds and corrects errors!) then cannot understand why there should be a problem with data files. Can an...

defined name
Hi, My spreadsheet has data from B3:K3. I've named that range as Labour_Sales with =OFFSET(Metrics!$B$3,0,0,COUNTA(Metrics!$3:$3),1) in the Refers to box so that every time i add a column the formula would update automatically. I am using Excel 2007 In cell L3 i have a formula =AVERAGE (Labour_Sales). I got #DIV/0!. Why isnt this working?? Pls help :) -- HT I think you will find that you have defined a range in a column not in a row The syntax is =OFFSET(reference, rows, columns, height, width) You want a height of 1 and a width of COUNT(......) So change your definition to =OFFSE...

Windows Mail not connecting to a server
Unable to get Windows Mail working. Error message reading; The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'att.net', Server: 'att.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E "MarlonH" <moeholloway@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:321BAD9D-AACC-4030-A157-EA6AA2FB3455@microsoft.com... > Unable to get Windows Mail working. Error message reading; > The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'att.net', Server: > 'att.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): N...

vlookup -- table_array as reference to named range
Dear geniuses, I have price sheets coming from several sources with the same format and products, but containing difference prices. I am trying to build a dataset (table) from these sources which I could then link to Access for querying. Given each price sheet source is a seperate worksheet in a workbook, I have given each sheet the named range of its pricing rate. For example, RATE_165 represents the pricing sheet which contains the prices for the "165" rate; RATE_180 represents the pricing sheet which contains the prices for the "180" rate. I want to be able to...

I get an error message everytime I save & publisher closes
I am trying to create a web site using Publisher 2002. Everytime I try to save, I receive the dialodue box stating: Microsoft Publisher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience....... The error report is: AppName: mspub.exe AppVer: 10.0.6308.0 ModName: mspub.exe ModVer: 10.0.6308.0 Offset: 00013012 Can anyone help? I have just updated Publisher which has cured most of the problem. However, I still get the same message when I try to change a picture on my navigation bar and then it is only on page 2. It will not even let me delete the page and ...

Senders Name is blank in Relpy column.
Hi, We have Outlook 2002. And it is configured for Connect and Offline use. We have selected the option, "In folders other than Inbox, save replies with original message" selected". When working in Offline mode, and you reply to an email from a folder other than the Inbox, it will save the reply with the original message, but when you view the list of emails, the senders name in the "From" column is blank. You can open the email, and the senders name is listed in the "From" line. This is not an issue when working in Connect mode. Thank you. ...

How can I get Sales Tax Rate in underlying Subform table.
I posted the following on July 15: Hi I have a Master/Detail (form/subform) for Customer Invoices. The Master portion of the form contains the Customer info. Customer number, customer name, resale number, and invoice number. Some customers have a resale number and some don't. The Detail portion of the form contains the line items for the invoice. One of the fields in each line items is sales tax. If the customer has a resale number, then they are not charged sales tax. If the customer does not have a resale number, they are charged the current sales tax rate. How can I handle thi...

User logon name: President
I've got another problem with my boss's account. His user name is President, but his Alias is f.e. AAA (email AAA.BBB@domena). Almost everything is working (OMA, OWA, exchange mail access), but when I'm trying to connect from Outlook 2003 using POP3 is saying that pop3 doesn't accept user name or password - President as well as AAA (alias). In other accounts this is working good. Is maybe President prohibited user name? Regards Filip "Filip - beginner" <fwitkowski@gmail.com> wrote: >I've got another problem with my boss's account. His user name is...

Budgeting and Closed Accounts
I just tried reviewing this year's budget, and I found multiple items to be quite under-reported. When examing the transactions, I noticed Money wasn't reporting any 'actuals' that result from transactions in closed accounts. Isn't that a bug? Naturally, I could work around the issue by reopening the accounts; but its annoying to other aspects of Money. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do...

Frequent ExchSrvr restarts needed for remote users
Hello all – I have a mob of disenchanted users about to lynch me because of a problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. I recently migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2K3, consolidating three sites in the process. Now we have one Exchange Server at headquarters that hosts all mailboxes and public folders. The problem is with the users at the remote sites. Approximately every three business days, I have to restart the Exch Srvr, because over the space of a few hours, many users at the remotes sites are unable to connect to it. (“Trying to connect..” in the Outlook status bar). Only a resta...

Connecting multiple IF statements into one formula
I am trying to create a formula using multiple IF statements. Individually they all work but I don't know how to connect them in into one formula. Basically, 4 possible date ranges that would each produce a different text value. Any suggestions? =IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jan"),I1<=DATEVALUE("31-Mar")),"Spring Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Apr"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Jun")),"Summer Assortment")*IF(AND(I1>=DATEVALUE("1-Jul"),I1<=DATEVALUE("30-Sep")),"Fall Assortment"...

Finding underlying tables in an Integration
Hi All I'm new to GP, and was wondering if anyone can tell me how to identify the underlying tables for the destination fields in an Integration package. Thank you in advance. ...

Money 2005
I had 2 accounts from my bank, one checking and one savings. I marked the savings account closed, but every time I update all my accounts, Money still tries to update that closed account. I can't delete the account because Money wants to delete all my accounts from that bank. Why would Money still try to update an account marked as closed? Thanks, -- Mike Mike I'm having the exact same problem, It's definately a bug, if you receive any solution offline, please post it. thanks Mario "MrMikeH" wrote: > I had 2 accounts from my bank, one checking and one sa...

Compacting remotely?
Hello All I have an access97 backend mdb, which I would like to compact/repair automatically overnight. Is it possible to leave a separate mdb open that would open the backend mdb, compact it, then close it again? I'm sure this can be done because I think I've read something about it somewhere: but I can't remember how - or where! Hope someone can help. Thanks Leslie Isaacs well you could schedule it with windows. take a look at Albert Kallal's solution here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/BatchJobs/Index.html change the code to compact the database... -- M...

Building/Storing a passthrough:How to assign connection string and make passthrough
I know the connection string I wish to apply, and have the SQL ready query, I just don't know how to put it. This stores it as a basic query. What do I do to store it as a passthrough with Cnnect as as the connect string? ========================== Dim Q As QueryDef, DB As Database Dim Selectpiece As String Dim SQLSTRING As String Dim Cnnect as String Cnnect = "ODBC;DSN=pavinbase;" SQLSTRING = "SELECT accounting.post_table, accounting.post_date, accounting.post_process, accounting.post_id " SQLSTRING = SQLSTRING & "FROM ac...

Connecting to the Internet from Money2004 Deluxe
I cannot get online. I get the error "Money was unable to initialize online service. If you want to use your online service, please reinstall Money from your product disks." If i try to reinstall one more time, there won't be anything left on my "product disk." Is there a fix for this problem??? In microsoft.public.money, Money2004 Deluxe MESS! wrote: >I cannot get online. I get the error "Money was unable to >initialize online service. If you want to use your online >service, please reinstall Money from your product disks." > >If ...

Underlying connection was closed
I have an application which invokes(calls) a webservice (on IIS 5.0 , windows 2K) every 10 seconds. After a long time(about 4 hours),the call to the webservice fails with the error System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters at .. Any suggestion "samy&quo...