The Root BU

Can You Pleas Answer these Questions for Me.

1 The Root BU are Created from the Company Name that the licenses Key is
Reg. to

    What is the importance of this Name (Will this Name Come On my invoice
and statements?) or what

2 if you create an Opportunity or Lead can you log down the Fields on the
Forms

  E.g Like the name should start with a Capital Letter

       You must enter an area Code with a Tel phone Nr before it can SAVE

0
CRM
6/13/2005 3:10:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"CRM NEWB�e" <undead@iafrica.com> wrote in message

> Can You Pleas Answer these Questions for Me.
>
> 1 The Root BU are Created from the Company Name that the licenses Key is
> Reg. to
>
>    What is the importance of this Name (Will this Name Come On my invoice
> and statements?) or what

It is the default business unit for new users and you can use the user's
Business Unit in mail merge and email templates

If you don't like your Company Name just simply create a new business unit
under your Company name and assign all users to this instead and CRM will
use that Business Unit name

> 2 if you create an Opportunity or Lead can you log down the Fields on the
> Forms
>
>  E.g Like the name should start with a Capital Letter

Not with the tools provided with Microsoft CRM. It can be done but requires
editing the ASPX pages which is unsupported by Microsoft i.e. you are on
your own

>       You must enter an area Code with a Tel phone Nr before it can SAVE

Not with the tools provided with Microsoft CRM. It can be done but requires
editing the ASPX pages which is unsupported by Microsoft i.e. you are on
your own

0
Julian

Invalid root in registry key ...
I'm a noobie at scripting, but I'm going through a self paced learning guide and one of the scripts calls some very basic information from the registry using RegRead. It seems that any reg value that I try to read from "HKCU\Volatile Environment\" fails. An example of the error I receive: WshShell.RegRead: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\Volatile Environment\LOGONSERVER" or WshShell.RegRead: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\Volatile Environment\USERNAME" or WshShell.RegRead: Invalid root in registry key "HKCU\Volatile Env...

Which is the root element
Hi; I have an xsd that has: <xsd:element name="purchaseOrder" type="PurchaseOrderType"/> <xsd:element name="comment" type="xsd:string"/> I get this as an XmlSchema using: XmlSchema schema = XmlSchema.Read(new FileStream(datasource.SchemaUrl, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read), null); schema.Compile(null); Two questions: 1) Is this the best way to get the schema? I am getting a warning that I should put it in an XmlSchemaSet and compile the set although this is my only schema. 2) The <purchaseOrder> element is the ...

square root function in excel (roots greater than 12)
Hello, I am currently undertaking some statistical analysis in excel but have encountered a data problem, my data is annual, and i need it monthly, hence need to take the 12th root of the numbers, but this doesnt seem available in excel, can you please advise kind regards How about: =YourNumber^(1/12) or =POWER(YourNumber,1/12) tj "Mark" wrote: > Hello, > > I am currently undertaking some statistical analysis in excel but have > encountered a data problem, my data is annual, and i need it monthly, hence > need to take the 12th root of the numbers, but t...

ASP.NET Server controls application root operator resolves to server root
Hi there I am a web developer, and I have web hosting with GoDaddy that allows the multiple websites/domains I develop to be hosted with them. I can also use it for subdomains of my own domain name to preview work to clients before it is live. An annoying issue I'm experiencing regarding subdomains of my domain name is that I've setup virtual directory / application roots in subfolders of my web server in my hosting account, and I point the subdomain to the IP of the server, and whilst this works, any use of the application root operator / tilde (~) resolves to a URL inclu...

How to setup root path in CFileDialog
Hi All, Please let me know how to setup initial root path in Open/Save as common dialog boxes created through CFileDialog. TIA Vasis >Please let me know how to setup initial root path in Open/Save as >common dialog boxes created through CFileDialog. See the documentation on the lpstrInitialDir member of the OPENFILENAME structure (which is the m_ofn member of the CFileDialog). Dave David Lowndes wrote: >>Please let me know how to setup initial root path in Open/Save as >>common dialog boxes created through CFileDialog. > > > See the documentation on the ...

Root Business Unit
Hey everyone, Is there any way to change the name of the root business unit? Thanks! -Gus nope. another work around is to redeploy your organization and rename the database to your newly desired organization. "Gus" <gwelter@gmail.com> wrote in message news:559a3c47-874a-41a6-b0d9-8914f91d9275@q78g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hey everyone, > > Is there any way to change the name of the root business unit? > > Thanks! > > -Gus You can change it in the database directly, BusinessUnitBase Usual terms and conditions apply "Gus" <gwelte...

root from Schema
Hi all, does anybody know how to get all possible roots form XML Schema? I think all elements without parents are possible roots. Is it true?? Thanks, Petr. All the top level elements are potential roots for an intance document. You can get all top level elements of a XSD Schema from the Elements property of the XmlSchema object. For example, for the following schema: <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" targetNamespace="a" xmlns="a" elementFormDefault="qualified"> <xsd:element name="top1" type="xsd:strin...

Cube root
Is there a way to calculate the cube root within excel I have seen the formula SQRT function but there does not apper to be one for the cube root. John, The Nth root of any number is that number raised to the 1/N power, so you can use a formula like =A1^(1/3) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BAF729F-A1E4-4347-9EAA-7C3756C5A535@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to calculate the cube root within excel. > > I have seen the formula S...

where do I find the root??
Please tell me how to do it!!! > Create a new PST file using the File menu > New > Outlook Data File command, > copy your Calendar folder to that PST file, right click on the root of it in > the folder tree view and choose Close. Exit Outlook and copy that file to > the flashcard. Root is the top level folder, where Outlook today is. Screenshot here: http://slipstick.me/2010-02-03_1715.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ema...

2003 Disaster Recovery need a Root domain ?
Does a 2003 Exchange Disaster Recovery setup require a Root Domain DC ? Our real network has an empty Root Domain and a child domain, e.g. xy.xyz.ad All our servers are in the xyz domain and we have cloned this domain and set it up in a test environment to do all our test scenarios. I want to test Exchange DR in this test environment but a DR setup complains that it cannot access the Root Domain. The DC that we have in the test domain has seized 3 FSMO roles, but cannot get the other 2 because they are in the root. Is there a way, given my current environment, to do a DR setup or do I n...

Square Root
How does one calculate the Nth square root of X. Is there a function? Anyone has formula to acomplish this? Thanks for your help. Regards Sadik Hi Sadik try =POWER(value,1/n) or =value^(1/n) Frank Sadik wrote: > How does one calculate the Nth square root of X. Is there > a function? Anyone has formula to acomplish this? Thanks > for your help. > > Regards > Sadik Frank, Thanks a lot. Its so easy when you know it. Thanks. Regards Sadik >-----Original Message----- >Hi Sadik >try >=POWER(value,1/n) >or >=value^(1/n) > >Frank > >Sadik w...

"Has lines" and "Lines at root" (in the treeview control's style) don't agree with each other ...
Hi, I am reposting the following problem because I find a new clue that may lead a solution. In the simple code below, I create a treeview control which has "A" and "B" on its 1st level. Each of "A" and "B" has a child, "A's child" and "B's child" respectively. The problem is that "A's child" always shows an image as its parent "A" even though I specify I_IMAGECALLBACK for "A's child", meaning no image at all. The problem exists only if I specify "Has lines" and "...

Qube Root?
Can someone please tell me how to use a qube root in an equation. I know SQRT(x) is the opposite of x^2, but i want to know how to do the opposite of x^3 or x^?. Appreciate any help! The "opposite" of x^3 is x^(1/3) "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77A2EC22-1281-40C2-B95D-232D05B0EC08@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how to use a qube root in an equation. > I know SQRT(x) is the opposite of x^2, but i want to know how to do the > opposite of x^3 or x^?. > Appreciate any help! > Good afternoon Dave Rat...

cubic root
How do I get a cubic root in excel 2003? As an example =27^(1/3) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Wilmar" <Wilmar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E00BB1E1-E80B-4D73-9525-32437E7F0FFD@microsoft.com... > How do I get a cubic root in excel 2003? Wilmar wrote: > How do I get a cubic root in excel 2003? Try: [ ] = A1^(1/3) Bill ...

The Root BU
Can You Pleas Answer these Questions for Me. 1 The Root BU are Created from the Company Name that the licenses Key is Reg. to What is the importance of this Name (Will this Name Come On my invoice and statements?) or what 2 if you create an Opportunity or Lead can you log down the Fields on the Forms E.g Like the name should start with a Capital Letter You must enter an area Code with a Tel phone Nr before it can SAVE "CRM NEWB�e" <undead@iafrica.com> wrote in message news:eJDgLpCcFHA.1148@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Can You Pleas Answer t...

Square Root
Is there a function to calculate square root in querier, forms, or reports?? Thanks. sqr() Pieter "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20A0C31-1F9D-4188-BF79-AF54A6142D9D@microsoft.com... > Is there a function to calculate square root in querier, forms, or > reports?? > > Thanks. ...

Root Toolbar
Is it possible to add a toolbar to the root. What I want is to have a few buttons available globally. I know how to add toolbar to account and other entities, but can we do it to the root? Thanks for your help. Sincerely, Eli you mean add them to the home screen? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Eli" <eli@palmhealthbenefits.com> wrote in message news:03FCD562-525D-4B1F-8B31-36D80916C2A4@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add a toolbar to the root. What I want is to have a few > b...

XMLDataDocument root node repeats
Every time add data and save an xml document using XmlDataDocument.Save I get another root node added to the xml file. Am I doing something wrong or is this supposed to happen? Sample Code: srdReader = New StreamReader(SCHEMA1.xsd) xmlFile.DataSet.ReadXmlSchema(srdReader) xmlFile.Load(XML1.xml) dt= xmlFile.DataSet.Tables(1) 'Updates and inserts to datatable xmlFile.Save(XML1.xml) The schema looks like this: <xsd:element name="ROOT" type="RootType"></xsd:element> <xsd:complexType name="RootType"> <xsd:sequence>...

Root account
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a solution to a problem that I have with a customer's request. The customer uses CRM 4.0. The customer wants to use the Parent Account field, but would also like to have a Root Account field. This Root Account would be the uppermost Parent Account to take into account groups with various levels of branches (Head Office, Regional Office, City Branch as an example; the head office being the value to put into the Root Account field). We've tried an N to 1 relationship, but this just gives us the same thing as the standard Parent Account function. ...

Incoming email being copied on root of C drive
I'm running Outlook 2003 SP2 and recently noticed that copies of all incoming email are being placed on the root of my C drive at the same time Outlook downloads them. All email is going to my Outlook.pst file, (C:\Documents and Settings\my name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook) just fine. I can delete the email copies on C without loosing the files in Outlook. If I delete the message in Outlook, the copy remains on C. No outgoing email is copied to C. The copies on C always have an odd file name followed by a single letter or number file extension, (ex. s32g.3...

sqare root scale type
How to set other type of axis scale ? I would like to use the sqare root scale type. In article <10BB54C9-60FA-44D3-8B6C-CAD15D2DC8DD@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B? YXhpcyBzY2FsZSB0eXBl?= <axis scale type@discussions.microsoft.com> says... > How to set other type of axis scale ? I would like to use the sqare root > scale type. > I have no idea what a "square root scale type" of axis is but you can simulate just about any effect by adapting the idea behind Flexible Log Scale http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/flexible_log_scale/index.html -- Regards, ...

console root folder
When opeing device manager, an empty console root folder opens first. How do I get rid of this empty folder msg wrote: > When opening device manager, an empty console root folder opens first. How do > I get rid of this empty folder? Maybe by repairing the registry entries for the Device Manager. http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm 107. Restore the Device Manager More: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Click "D" and scroll down to "Device Manager". -- Joe =o) ...

Root certificate updates
XP Pro, SP3, MSE When going to the Microsoft Update site and clicking "Custom", I am continually being offered two different versions of updates for Root certificates. One is plain Update for Root Certificates, the other is Update for Root Certificates [September 2009] (KB931125). The updates are offered one at a time after I have installed the previous one. I have downloaded and installed both (installation successful) but when searching for updates again, I am presented with the previous one that I have installed. When clicking on "Review and install...

Limited or No Connectivity? I think DHCP or AFD is the root of the problem!
Hello guys, I'm facing a serious problem here: I've been trying to fix a computer here but I am just so stuck. First the PC was filled with viruses to the point that it wouldn't allow you to get on the internet without some scan popping up and without the page rerouting you to an antisoftware page to buy the product. I got rid of all of that.:) The pc had XP SP2, so all I wanted to do was upgrade to XP SP3 and get the critical updates and security so it could be more secure. Boy was that not easy. The 2 times I've tried installing SP3, I have not been able to g...

Get the Root directory
Hi How to get the root directory e.g C:\? Regards John What does it mean? Isnt root directory always C:\ unless you want root directory of current working direcory? Dont know which directory you want buy take a look at GetModuleFileName and then simply parse it to what you want. Another place to look is GetWorkingDirectory. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9392245-D1E9-46A4-A9A7-81A1FFC5D519@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How to get the root directory e.g C:\? > > Regards > John...