The e-mail address in contacts is a hyperlink but it does not work

The e-mail address field in CRM is a hyperlink but it does not fire up
outlook and put the e-mail address in.  Is this our installation or does it
not work for anybody?

If anyone has got it working, do you know how?

Thanks,

Clare
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Clare,

CRM 3.0 did not build in a double-click function to perform that action.
What I have seen done to get around the issue is to add a JavaScript function
on the contact (or account) onLoad event that adds this behavior.  Here is a
sample JavaScript to perform this action:

var EmailHyperlink = function() {
  var emailAddress = crmForm.all.emailaddress1.DataValue;
  if (emailAddress != null && emailAddress.length > 0) {
    window.navigate("mailto:" + emailAddress);
  }
}
crmForm.all.emailaddress1.attachEvent('ondblclick', EmailHyperlink);

--
Jason Roy
Assured Networking

"Clare Norfolk" wrote:

> The e-mail address field in CRM is a hyperlink but it does not fire up
> outlook and put the e-mail address in.  Is this our installation or does it
> not work for anybody?
>
> If anyone has got it working, do you know how?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Clare
Thanks for this.  I will test it out.

Seeing as you are a GREAT source of info.  Do you have any ideas on this:
I have written some javascript in the onload event to access the database
directly which is really good but when I try using this code from a remote
machine, i.e. not the server that the database resides the following error
occurs:
Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
I can see this means that the connection is not happening but I don't
understand why.  I have changed several IE settings on the trusted sites area
but still no success.
HELP!!  PLEASE.  It is driving me mad.

Thanks

I would really appreciate some help on this too.

Regards,

Clare
"Jason Roy" wrote:

> Clare,
>
> CRM 3.0 did not build in a double-click function to perform that action.
> What I have seen done to get around the issue is to add a JavaScript function
> on the contact (or account) onLoad event that adds this behavior.  Here is a
> sample JavaScript to perform this action:
>
> var EmailHyperlink = function() {
>   var emailAddress = crmForm.all.emailaddress1.DataValue;
>   if (emailAddress != null && emailAddress.length > 0) {
>     window.navigate("mailto:" + emailAddress);
>   }
> }
> crmForm.all.emailaddress1.attachEvent('ondblclick', EmailHyperlink);
>
> --
> Jason Roy
> Assured Networking
> Blog: http://crman.wordpress.com/
>

> "Clare Norfolk" wrote:
>
> > The e-mail address field in CRM is a hyperlink but it does not fire up
> > outlook and put the e-mail address in.  Is this our installation or does it
> > not work for anybody?
> >
> > If anyone has got it working, do you know how?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Clare
Clare,

Thanks for the feedback.

this is happening.  When performing these actions via JavaScript, you have to
keep in mind that the code is being executed by the remote machine and not
the server.  Here are a few things to check:
Are you using "localhost" for the server name in the connection string?
(This will work fine on the server but no where else)
Can the client resolve the server name in the connection string?  (Try to
ping the server name in the connection string from a client and see if it can
resolve the name.)
Are there any firewalls, routers, etc. between the server and the client
that may be filtering the SQL traffic?

I would need to see the JavaScript to provide any more detail.
--

"Clare Norfolk" wrote:

> Thanks for this.  I will test it out.
>
> Seeing as you are a GREAT source of info.  Do you have any ideas on this:
> I have written some javascript in the onload event to access the database
> directly which is really good but when I try using this code from a remote
> machine, i.e. not the server that the database resides the following error
> occurs:
> Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
> I can see this means that the connection is not happening but I don't
> understand why.  I have changed several IE settings on the trusted sites area
> but still no success.
> HELP!!  PLEASE.  It is driving me mad.
>
> Thanks
>
> I would really appreciate some help on this too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Clare
> "Jason Roy" wrote:
>
> > Clare,
> >
> > CRM 3.0 did not build in a double-click function to perform that action.
> > What I have seen done to get around the issue is to add a JavaScript function
> > on the contact (or account) onLoad event that adds this behavior.  Here is a
> > sample JavaScript to perform this action:
> >
> > var EmailHyperlink = function() {
> >   var emailAddress = crmForm.all.emailaddress1.DataValue;
> >   if (emailAddress != null && emailAddress.length > 0) {
> >     window.navigate("mailto:" + emailAddress);
> >   }
> > }
> > crmForm.all.emailaddress1.attachEvent('ondblclick', EmailHyperlink);
> >
> > --
> > Jason Roy
> > Assured Networking
> > Blog: http://crman.wordpress.com/
> >

> > "Clare Norfolk" wrote:
> >
> > > The e-mail address field in CRM is a hyperlink but it does not fire up
> > > outlook and put the e-mail address in.  Is this our installation or does it
> > > not work for anybody?
> > >
> > > If anyone has got it working, do you know how?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Clare
Hello Jason,

the code is:

function getroleid()
{
try
{
var connection = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Connection");
var
connectionString="Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=crmtestappsvr;Database=mantix_mscrm;Integrated Security=sspi";
alert(connectionString);
connection.Open(connectionString);
var query = "select roleid from filteredsystemuserroles where systemuserid =
'";
query=query.concat(useId);
var query2 = "' and roleid ='C121D089-C39F-4DE4-94E9-6558C487AA86'";
query = query.concat(query2);

var rs = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Recordset");
rs.Open(query, connection, 1, 2);
rs.moveFirst();
var role = rs.Fields(0).Value.toString();
if (role != null)
{
connection.Close();
return role;
}
}
catch(e)
{
connection.Close();
return null;
}
}

var role2=getroleid();

I can ping crmtestappsvr and there are no firewalls or routers.  It is from
one VM to another on virtual server.

Any help would be fantastic.

Regards,

Clare

"Jason Roy" wrote:

> Clare,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.

> this is happening.  When performing these actions via JavaScript, you have to
> keep in mind that the code is being executed by the remote machine and not
> the server.  Here are a few things to check:
> Are you using "localhost" for the server name in the connection string?
> (This will work fine on the server but no where else)
> Can the client resolve the server name in the connection string?  (Try to
> ping the server name in the connection string from a client and see if it can
> resolve the name.)
> Are there any firewalls, routers, etc. between the server and the client
> that may be filtering the SQL traffic?
>
> I would need to see the JavaScript to provide any more detail.
> --
> Jason Roy
> Assured Networking
> Blog: http://crman.wordpress.com/
>

> "Clare Norfolk" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for this.  I will test it out.
> >
> > Seeing as you are a GREAT source of info.  Do you have any ideas on this:
> > I have written some javascript in the onload event to access the database
> > directly which is really good but when I try using this code from a remote
> > machine, i.e. not the server that the database resides the following error
> > occurs:
> > Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
> > I can see this means that the connection is not happening but I don't
> > understand why.  I have changed several IE settings on the trusted sites area
> > but still no success.
> > HELP!!  PLEASE.  It is driving me mad.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > I would really appreciate some help on this too.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Clare
> > "Jason Roy" wrote:
> >
> > > Clare,
> > >
> > > CRM 3.0 did not build in a double-click function to perform that action.
> > > What I have seen done to get around the issue is to add a JavaScript function
> > > on the contact (or account) onLoad event that adds this behavior.  Here is a
> > > sample JavaScript to perform this action:
> > >
> > > var EmailHyperlink = function() {
> > >   var emailAddress = crmForm.all.emailaddress1.DataValue;
> > >   if (emailAddress != null && emailAddress.length > 0) {
> > >     window.navigate("mailto:" + emailAddress);
> > >   }
> > > }
> > > crmForm.all.emailaddress1.attachEvent('ondblclick', EmailHyperlink);
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jason Roy
> > > Assured Networking
> > > Blog: http://crman.wordpress.com/

Hi Clare,

Few questions:
1. Is the logged user in the remote the same as the one who ran it
successfully in the server?
2. Can this logged user access CRM?
3. Can this logged user access CRM and the Settings module and the User
entity?

For your error:
I think it's because the logged user doesn't have enough privileges on the
systemuserroles. Hence, it would be best to check on the line AFTER
"rs.Open(query, connection, 1, 2);" if rs indeed has a fetched data.

I believe:
1. Your code just need some Error trapping.
2. The logged user does not have enough privilige.

Try logging in there as the CRM administrator. If it does'nt work, check
network connectivity :)

HTH,
Ian Salgado

"Clare Norfolk" wrote:

> [...]
> > Assured Networking
> > Blog: http://crman.wordpress.com/
> >

> > "Clare Norfolk" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for this.  I will test it out.
> > >
> > > Seeing as you are a GREAT source of info.  Do you have any ideas on this:
> > > I have written some javascript in the onload event to access the database
> > > directly which is really good but when I try using this code from a remote
> > > machine, i.e. not the server that the database resides the following error
> > > occurs:
> > > Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
> > > I can see this means that the connection is not happening but I don't
> > > understand why.  I have changed several IE settings on the trusted sites area
> > > but still no success.
> > > HELP!!  PLEASE.  It is driving me mad.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > I would really appreciate some help on this too.

Thanks Ian.

I am logged in as the system administrator for CRM.
CRM is working fine and the line failing is
'connection.Open(connectionString);'  I put an alert both sides of this line
and saw the first but not the second and then it dropped down to the
exception handler
This code works for the smae person if I am using the CRM client on the
application server but not on a remote client.
There are no firewalls or routers.
All other CRM pages and code work fine.
The error displayed is that the object is not open.

It looks so simple but I cannot work it out.

Any more help would be hugely appreciated.

Clare
"Ian Salgado" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Clare
> >
> > "Jason Roy" wrote:
> >
> > > Clare,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the feedback.

> > > this is happening.  When performing these actions via JavaScript, you have to
> > > keep in mind that the code is being executed by the remote machine and not
> > > the server.  Here are a few things to check:
> > > Are you using "localhost" for the server name in the connection string?
> > > (This will work fine on the server but no where else)
> > > Can the client resolve the server name in the connection string?  (Try to
> > > ping the server name in the connection string from a client and see if it can
> > > resolve the name.)
> > > Are there any firewalls, routers, etc. between the server and the client
> > > that may be filtering the SQL traffic?
> > >
> > > I would need to see the JavaScript to provide any more detail.

Can you check and try specifying <authentication mode="Windows"/> in the
web.config to delegate authentication to IIS, and maybe you need <identity
impersonate="true"/> in the web.config to allow impersonation to run?

Unfortunately I don't know any other reason and fix for that :)

Anyway, hope this helps :)

Regards,
Ian Salgado

"Clare Norfolk" wrote:

> [...]
> > > query=query.concat(useId);
> > > var query2 = "' and roleid ='C121D089-C39F-4DE4-94E9-6558C487AA86'";
> > > query = query.concat(query2);
> > >
> > > var rs = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Recordset");
> > > rs.Open(query, connection, 1, 2);
> > > rs.moveFirst();
> > > var role = rs.Fields(0).Value.toString();
> > > if (role != null)
> > > {
> > > connection.Close();
> > > return role;
> > > }
> > > }
> > > catch(e)
> > > {
> > > connection.Close();
> > > return null;
> > > }
> > > }
> > >
> > > var role2=getroleid();
> > >
> > > I can ping crmtestappsvr and there are no firewalls or routers.  It is from

e-mail #3
I am using Publisher 2007 and and new to using it. I have a newsletter (11"X17" with some graphics) that I print and mail bi-monthly. Is there any way I can create the same file into an e-mail in Outlook or Outlook Express? Any Ideas or suggestions for using other programs instead of those mentioned are appreciated. Papasan PDF attachment? 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

=SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"),(Data1!$E$1:$E$500))
Hi =SUMPRODUCT((Data1!$B$1:$B$500="March")*(Data1!$C$1:$C$500="New York"), (Data1!$E$1:$E$500)) In plain english the formula above means: Sum cells E1 to E500 (last argument) if in B1 to B500 the value is "March" and if in C1 to C500 the value is "New York". SUMPRODUCT is like SUMIF on steroids and it allows you to automate all these reports that you develop with data that you import from a large centralized database, centralized accounting, manufacturing and sales programs or the Internet. The last argument (preceded by a comma) tells Excel what to...

How to maintain company address book
Hello all, We have Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients. We have need to maintain a company wide, company accessible, address list for all users to use that can be maintained by the receptionist and I need some advice on how best to accomplish this. I know I can do this by going to ADUC and adding "contacts" but I need a solution that doesn't require me to have to allow the receptionist to run ADUC and have admin rights to do it. I know there are "address lists" that show up under the Exchange System Manager tool but I don't know how I'd go about maki...

e ...

Word Mail merge lables from .xls document
Office 2000 Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160 lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows. Tools>Mail Merge>Create Main Document>Mailing Lables> Active Window>Get Data>Open Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich text format", &qu...

Mailing list
I am making a mailing list of customers addresses. I own a pizzeria and at the end of the night I take the order slips and type the addresses of customers who ordered that day into microsoft word. After a few weeks of doing this I am getting a lot of repeats. How do I avoid this? If you're doing it in Word, make each address its own paragraph, select all the paragraphs, and choose Sort (Word2007: Home tab; Word2003 and earlier, Table menu [they don't need to be in a table]). Then when you want to add a new one, just go to where it would fit in and see if it's alrea...

i dont no how to send a mail could u plz tell me wot to click on
help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What do you mean by "send a mail" ? Could you please keep the subjects brief and explain what you would like in as much details as possible please -- iPod's ROCK! "marjan" wrote: > help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

How to retrieve address book after upgrade from vista to windows7
Hi there! I've just upgraded from vista x64 to windows 7 and my address book files have not transferred across. I did a back-up before upgrading so the files should be somewhere. Any ideas? Thanks Tim. Your Outlook PST file contains the Outlook Contacts folder, if that's what you're referring to as the address book. If you backed up that file then just restore it and open it with Outlook (File | Open...) What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outl...

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

How to forward mail from internalmail to external address?
I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Ask your Exchange administrator to set up a mail-enabled contact for your hotmail account, and use alternate delivery/delivery options on the user@mydomain.com mailbox to send a copy of all inbound mail to the mail-enabled contact. Mark Thailand wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomain.com and want to forward this address > to user@hotmail.com in MS-Exchange2003. How can i do? Mark Thailand <mark@wctcoltd.com> wrote: > I have internal is user@mydomai...

out look mail
How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:08:29 -0700, "Donna" <w1239881@imail.losrios.edu> wrote: >How do I get my out look mail back to my schools imail accout? > Ask your school email administrator. Nobody on this volunteer-staffed technical support forum for Microsoft Access databases will be able to help you. You'll also want to change your email address; it's now been published to tens of thousands of computers worldwide, and spammers and junk mailers can and will harvest it to send you SPAM....

problems changing exchange server 2003 ip address
sorry for my bad english one server with w2k3 and e2k3. server is also dc, gc, dhcp and dns server. original ip is public. when i tried to change ip to private address the server dont boot up. i used the last good know conf and added both ip's for nic. now exchange shows only public ip in virtual servers ip list. if i remove public from nic even ad users and comps dont start. i have tested this in lab and there change went ok. any ideas? Thanks - Mika Can someone help me? "Mika Lindberg" <mika.lindberg@netikka.fi> kirjoitti viestiss�:edqh03d7EHA.2196@TK2MSFTN...

Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to
How to set-up next feature Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) Ed I have not seen an auto-response feature in CRM. "ed" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bac01c3b4e3$2ca0d6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How to set-up next feature > Auto-response e-mail: Generate auto-response e-mail to > customer requests. (MS CRM Overview from MBS site) > ...

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

URGENT: Mail access issues
Hello: I am having a problem logging into my Outlook mail account on my laptop. I get the following error: "Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, then type your password again. If your account is new or if your administrator requested a password change you need to click Change Password then logon with your new password." Seems like a straight-forward message, but here is the problem. I can access my mail account when logging on to the client's desktop computer. I should be able to logon to this account from my laptop, just like my co...

Hyperlink Format Change
When I click a hyperlink in Word 2007, then return to the original document, the format of the hyperlink text has changed. How do I prevent this from happening? See if the FollowedHyperlink style is formatted the way you want it. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "burtlake" <burtlake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2708D83A-3A06-4E6D-B0E7-8E8B9C412FF5@microsoft.com... > When I click a hyperlink in Word 2007, then return to the original > document, > the format of the hyperlink text has changed. How do I prevent this from >...

A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf...
I'm using Outlook 2002 and a UK Accounts package called Sage. This package allows me to send invoices via email. Everytime I send an email I have to wait 5 seconds before I can click YES, and if I have a lot of invoices to send, this does take quite some time. Is there a way to "override" this setting so that it sends them automatically without asking me? I know the security reasons why this feature is there, its just a hinderance thats all. I do have uptodate virus checking on my emails that will hopefully catch worm viruses trying to send without my knowledge. Anyway, I h...

P L E A S E
Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts below this post). Please. Thank you. "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> wrote in message news:ewOtE0A3DHA.2700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Please, could someone help me with "DLL (Resource)" post (some 25 posts > below this post). Please. What? I'm to search through the newsgroup looking for find your post? I don't think so... Cheers Richard. Jan, I have already answered your post, let me repeat it: "If you go to www.microsoft.com and enter the fo...

New Mail Desktop Shortcut
Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar in XP? Rob D. <RobD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a desktop shortcut for creating a new mail message (running > Windows XP)? In Windows 2000 there was a shortcut bar with a new > mail message icon on it. I'm wondering if there's something similar > in XP? It's easy enough to make one. Open Outlook and search for "command line&qu...

E-Mail Printing Problem
I posted this problem 6 or 8 months ago and have not yet seen a solution. The problem is on certain emails (Schwab Confirms as an Example) about 1" of the right side of the email is cropped. I documented and reported the problem to MSFT and someone from MSFT replied that they were aware of the issue and were working on it. That was many many months ago. The problem is/was not printer dependent or operating system dependant - just Internet Explorer and/or Windows Live Mail. It was apparent at that time that other people were experiencing the same problem. Is anyone aware...

multiple users send from common email address
Hello, I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although they have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email from a common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients. Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler way? On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at support@company.com address. Is it possible? many thanks in advance. O. Ondrej: To get them all to receive mail at support@yourdomain.com, just create a distribution group in Active Directory Users and Co...

Data Connection wizard quits working
I'm trying to connect to a new data source but the wizard stops working at the point I'm supposed to select the data source. I have been able to make the connection on several other computers, but not this one. This is what I did step-by-step: Data, Import External Data, Import Data. Clicked the "New source" button on the "Select Data Source" dialog box. Selected "ODBC DSN" and clicked "Next" button. Selected the appropriate data source and clicked "Next" button. At this point my computer does nothing-just sits there. I am able to...

Windows + S Screen Clip Not working
I just installed ON 2007 on a new Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop. The Windows-S screen clipping doesn=92t work. Is there some activation step required? It sometimes gets turned off. to turn it back on, click tools \ options \other and toggle the checkbox for "Place onenote notification icon in the taskbar" OFF then back ON. -- Hope this helps, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "PT" wrote: > I just installed ON 2007 on a new Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop. > > The Windows-S screen clipping doesn’t work. ...

Unable to send via windows mail
Hi everyone, I am having trouble sending via windows mail, one day it was working and then for some reason it doesnt. I can still received email but unable to send. I have all correct settings, I have deleted accunt and re installed account, changed port settings as requested and still get the same error. which is the following The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems ...

"Send to Mail Recipient" icon not working
As you know, in Excel you there is an icon on the Toolbar for "Send to Mail Recipient". For some reason, my icon does not appear. When I select Tools > Customize > Select and drag the Mail Recipient icon to the toolbar, as soon as I close the customize menu box the icon I just dragged to the toolbar disappears. When I click on the little arrow at the end of the toolbar, I do not see it listed under the Customize area (to check or uncheck). Anyone know why this may be happening and how I can get the icon to stay in the toolbar? Also, if I go under File > Send To, ...