text field validation 12-07-04

I am trying to create an validate event for Text fields on CRMAccount address
fields.
Whenever you try to change the values of these fields, it should alert the
message.

Here is the code like:

In sfa\accts\acct_cont.js file, under window.OnLoad function:

function window.onload()
{
try {
    	 crmForm.address1_line1.onblur = validate;
    } catch (e) {
    		   alert("Error: " + e.message);

		}
}

function validate()
{

    if (crmForm.ownerid.value == "{669282E2-2725-47A1-8234-3BD107C49487}")
    {
        alert("Not a authorized user. Please notify Account Administrator to
modify");
	window.opener.crmForm.SubmitCrmForm(1,true,true,false)
        crmForm.ownerid.focus();
    }

}

This works but it will show the alert whenever I move the cursor from
address1_line field even
I didn't change the value on this field.
So this works like LostFocus event.

Is there a way to change this event like KeyPress event?

I would appreciate your sugggestions.

Thanks,

Jipson
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Please note that modifying "acct_cont.js" is an unsupported change and will
break during an upgrade.

That being said, here are two possible fixes:

1.) Hook to the "onchange" event instead of onblur, this even should only
fire when the value is changed.

2.) If you need to use onblur, test to see if the current "value" property
matches the "defaultValue" property... this will let you know if the value
has changed since the page was loaded.

I hope this helps,

Aaron Elder
Director, Software Development

invokesystems
solid technology. sound thinking.
http://www.invokesystems.com

"CRM integration" <CRMintegration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6951C738-6E6E-4A67-9575-5A861544D408@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to create an validate event for Text fields on CRMAccount
>address
> fields.
> Whenever you try to change the values of these fields, it should alert the
> message.
>
> Here is the code like:
>
> In sfa\accts\acct_cont.js file, under window.OnLoad function:
>
> function window.onload()
> {
> try {
>    crmForm.address1_line1.onblur = validate;
>    } catch (e) {
>       alert("Error: " + e.message);
>
> }
> }
>
> function validate()
> {
>
>    if (crmForm.ownerid.value == "{669282E2-2725-47A1-8234-3BD107C49487}")
>    {
>        alert("Not a authorized user. Please notify Account Administrator
> modify");
> window.opener.crmForm.SubmitCrmForm(1,true,true,false)
>        crmForm.ownerid.focus();
>    }
>
> }
>

> This works but it will show the alert whenever I move the cursor from
> address1_line field even
> I didn't change the value on this field.
> So this works like LostFocus event.
>
> Is there a way to change this event like KeyPress event?
>
> I would appreciate your sugggestions.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jipson

0
Aaron

TEXT = text

How can I create an ASCII file with double quotes around each field?
I need to convert Excel files to ASCII files with commas as delimiters. That part is easy. The problem is that I need each field to be surounded by double quotes. Here is an example of what my ASCII output needs to look like: "smith","robert","15","elm","street" "jones","robert","111","main","avenue" Can anyone suggest a solution on how I can convert my excel file to ASCII output as shown in my example? thanks very much! I can get the data into the correct format but then you will need to ...

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Crm field help
Hi there, is there any easy way to introduce help info when passing with the mouse pointer above a field? Thanks in advance! ...

QUERY FIELD SUM
In have the following in my first field. K:IIF([PL4HX4.RK]=1,"2",IIF([PL4HX4.RK]=2,"1","")) I have the following in my second field. H:IIF([PL4HX4.RH]=1,"2",IIF([PL4HX4.RH]=2,"1","")) What would i write in my third field to get the sum of K + H ? Thanks ed should be as easy as: L: [K] + [H] However, you see that you are returning "1" which is a string, as opposed 1 the number. You might want to change the values to 2, 1, and 0 depending on what you are trying to accomplish. >> What would i writ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Ranking Numbers with Text

want to save the record number in a field
This shold be simple, but I can't find and info on it. When starting a new record I would like to populate a field with the record number and save it in in the table. Record numbers you see at the bottom of the display are 'relative' only. Access stores records like a barrel of bricks, all in a jumble. You have to sort the records in a query, form, or report. But you can use a field with an Autonumber to number records. The numbers may not be continous without gaps but will be a unique value. -- Build a little, test a little. "fransquest" wrote...

Null in text box

Joining fields
Can I join fields in a query? Example I have a Home Name, a Mothers name and a Fathers name. Can I join these in a query to show HOME, Father & Mother on 1 line? ...

How to auto fill fields on subform from data on main form?
To all, I have a Main form with multiple tabs, the form is for employee information, one of the tabs a has a subform where I'll record the names of the employees children if he/she has any. The subform will work if I make the datasheet use a lookup to the employee table, but then I have to select the employee each time I want to add a record in the children subform. I changed the children table to not use the lookup to clerks on the employee name. I had the subform working, (by working I mean, I manualy had to select the employee from the lookup) but I had the subform select the emplo...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Opportunities & Opportunity Products 08-27-07
Has anyone found a way to be able to select more than one product at a time under an opportunity? On Aug 27, 7:30 pm, Wendy <We...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone found a way to be able to select more than one product at a time > under an opportunity? Hi Wendy There is arelationship between Opportunity and opportunity product . You can select as many as product you like for the opportunity 1. Create opportunity 2. Save the opportunity 3. In the left navigation pane you will see Opportunity product 4. Create new opportunity product 5. Opportunity product rel...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

requery field in Sub-SubForm
I have a form within a form within a form f001ProjectReview (Main Form), f019Warranty (SubForm), f019WarrantyDetails (sub-subForm) When the ProjectID changes on the main form, I need to requery the UnitNoOpt combobox in the sub-subForm. I tried ... amoung other attempts Me.f019Warranty.Form!f019WarrantyDetails.Form!UnitNoOpt.Requery Thank you for your help -- deb Deb, That syntax looks good to me. What event are you running this code on? What is the Row Source of the combobox? -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP deb wrote: > > I have a form within a form within a form...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...