Test if notes exists on a form

We would like to make it very easy for a user to identify whether notes
have been added to a lead. This can be achieved quite simply by moving
the notes section to the main form but the problem with this approach
is that the form automatically scrolls to the notes section when you
open the form which is a bit of an inconvenience.

The other alternative is to add a custom field that we can populate
with a value if notes are attached to the form to indicate that there
are notes on the notes tab. The problem with this is that I could not
figure out what the jscript that is required in order to test whether
there are notes on the form (as the notes control is really an
I-Frame).

Any idea how this can be achieved? Either having a jscript that can
counteract the scrolling which occurs when the notes is added to the
first tab OR a way to test whether notes have been added to the entity
will be an acceptable solution. Of course any other creative solution
will be welcome.

Thanks!

0
Nahi
10/4/2006 2:52:13 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

ANOVA procedures and t-test equal variance
In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal variances. One of the assumptions that is made in both the "standard t test" and ANOVA is that the variances are equal. Yet, Excel seems to have no test for homoscedasicity (oh what a cool word). How do you know these procedures are ok to use if you have not checked the assumption of equal variances? Noosa - > In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a > t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal vari...

test of wizard
-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f61980a5-9a9d-4399-8044-95f7dc1810...

How do I attach/view/delete a word document to a form in Access?
We have create a customer log system using Access. Before the database crashed we were able attache files to a form. The Access database is used as a customer order log, viewed as a form. We would like to attach the cusomter order (word document) direclty to this record (form) so it could be reviewed easily. The command button would switch between attach file and view file. Next to it is another command button that would let you delete that file if there were a change. Any direction on how to recreate this function would be greatly appreciated. ...

Notes don't come over when going offline
Having a problem with going offline, everything comes over except for the Notes. Any suggestions anyone? Very frustrating! In the Microsoft CRM 3.0 online Help topic, “Working Offline” it explains that you can select which data you want copied to your local computer. It lists the default local data groups that are available, and Notes is one of them. If the Notes local data group was not selected, the Notes wouldn’t come over. You can also learn more from this article: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/sales/localdatagroup.mspx "JDC" wrote: > Having a problem...

How to goto a specific record in a continuous form?
The title doesn't really reflect what I am looking for. I couldn't think of a good brief description. Heres what I am looking for: I have a continuous form with several thousand records. I want to be able to be able to go to a specific letter of the alphabet (I'm guessing I'll have A-Z in a combo box). For instance, the user selects letter G in the combo box and the form will go to the first record in the continuous form that starts with the letter G. thanks in advance On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "ImproveF...

Hit testing
I'm trying to implement client area hit testing in a MDI application. In my document, I have a list of graphic objects (e.g. polygons) that are displayed in the view. The list can get pretty long, so the hit test algorithm needs to be fairly efficient. My first attempt at this was to add HitTest(CPoint) function to the graphic object class. In this function I created a Region and then tested it. Something like... int CPolygon::HitTest(CPoint Point) { CRgn Rgn; Rgn.CreatePolygonRgn(PointList.GetData(), PointList.GetSize(), WINDING); if (Rgn.PtInRegion(Point)) ...

ignore -- testing
Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". just testing "joeu2004" <joeu2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:812e733c-2d95-4174-8a3d-d08ecc672145@e17g2000prj.googlegroups.com... Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". testing a...

Multiple-criteria search on form, to open form
I know that there are queries that can do this, but I want to try to get this functionality on a form looking like this. After clicking 'Search', a table should return the filtered information. Please let me know if this is possible, and HOW to do it... preferably step by step? Thank you in advance. If all fields are empty, should return ALL records in table, correct? _______________________________ |Enter search criteria below | | ___________ | |Name | John | | | |__________| ...

Printing Forms
I have a spead sheet with data for individuals. I need to print forms with the data for each individual. What is the easiest way to start? The best way is to use Word as the form printer with Excel as the database; the process is called Mail Merge For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource. 50 min MS tutorial http://office.microsoft.com:80/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC011...

word crashes when using exit macros for a form field
Hi all, we have Word 2003 and I've programmed many applications for my agency using VBA macros; including several for forms. recently though, we've found some newer pcs will crash, if we have a form with an exit macro one a checkbox, and the exit macro does some significant processing (say running through a collection of fields looking for other checkboxes which are checked). What happens is that Word says it has encountered an error and must close when they click into another form field (this other form field *does not* have an entry macro). If I put an "e...

How do I creat a form with pull down menus?

How can I hide check box created via FORMS together with column?
Hey guys, how can I hide a check box created using FORMS together with column it is placed in (or in some other way). "Move and size with cell" option is not active in object positioning for check boxes created via FORMS as opposed to those created via CONTROL TOOLBOX. Thanks, Max I think you'll have better luck (pronounced easier time!) with the checkboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar. But maybe you could have a macro that hides the columns/rows and also looks at the objects to see if they should be .visible = false. And the same kind of macro to make the checkbox&#...

GP needs more splitter bars in their forms.
When invoicing matching a PO the tree view pane that shows the PO number isnt large enough to see the entire PO number if your PO number is quite lengthy. The user must go down to the horizontal scroll bar and scroll to see the entire number. This is quite time consuming and cumbersome. The form should right justify so the user can easily see the PO number or there needs to be a splitter bar between the tree view pane and the informational frame. Of course, if you put a splitter bar the frame would have to size with the window but thats not that hard to do. There are several other ...

Testing an Exchange backup
Hello everyone I have been backing up my Exchange database (SBS 2003) using an online backup with the NTBackup utility, and everything appears to be working fine: backup files created in the right place at the right time, and a log file saying that the backup was successful. However, I would like to make sure that the backup has worked by using it to restore data. My problem is I want to be absolutely sure that if everything goes wrong and I can't restore, that I won't lose any data. I wonder whether the following plan would work? 1. Dismount my databases. 2. Rename my priv1.e...

Moving Gmail Acct to Outlook? Passes Test but won't work Why/Fix?
I have followed the directions on the gmail page on moving my acct to outlook. It passes the test and yet does not work. What gives? How do I fix? Is this some weirdness between google and microsoft. Any suggestions? Help! Could you be a little more specific? What doesn't work? Does it send? Doesn't receive? Do you get any error messages? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct r...

Long time to save or open a form
hi all I have a problem when opening a form or save the code behind . I am using Access XP with Windows XP on machine P4 3.4 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM the problem is that access take too much time to save or to open a form ,any idea to solve this problem is appreciated thanks in advance Wael Hi Wael, Is there a network that separates your computer from the actual .mdb file? If so, my advice is to only do design changes on a local copy. You might also try the undocumented /decompile switch. First, make a backup copy of your database, just in case something horribly wrong happens. With Acce...

Tests?
Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test? A higher percentage than Ivory soap put a clear indicator in the Subject line it's a test message. Seems the least educated of us all could identify this to make the decision to go right on by, it's a test. But what happens is a deluge of messages are sent to criticize the individual who is trying to solve a problem. And many of the criticisms are "not on topic" (like the ng they're in has "and criticism" as part of the ng title. But what is allowed is the use of vomit vocabulary! Certainly...

development/test server
Hi Can we development/test server with its own database ..and at the same time have a production server with its database which host the real data... Also is it possible to export customisation to the production server from development/test server..will there be any kind of conflicts i have to keep in mind... please help.. Thanks I setup a CRM test envionment using the Adventure Works Cycle database. This is where we made all customizations, which were somewhat extensive. When I exported the customizations from the test environment and imported them to our production server e...

Reset page number on invoice forms
All, I am running Access via Office XP Pro on Windows 7. Background: I am working on an invoice "form" report. (By form I mean the actual form that I will hand the customer versus an data entry form.) I have it pretty much working thanks to different members on this form, but I have another question. For this report Work Order number is also used as the invoice number. The report is comprised of the following parts: Main report: row source is qrytblWorkOrder table (Invoice rcd) WorkOrder Header - Grouped by Work Order / Inv No # Detail Page...

Test
Sorry for wasting bandwidth here... think I'm having problems sending to the forums. We'll see if this gets through -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ============================ ...

Programatically create and display new records on bound form
I have a form/subform bound to 2 tables in a 1-to-many relationship. On the main form, the user is prompted to enter (among other things) the start and end dates for a course, as well as the day of the week that the individual sessions take place. Using this information, I would like to generate a record for every date within the date range that falls on the specified day of the week and display the new records in the subform. Being a novice VBA programmer, most of this is a problem to work out (e.g. calculating the dates), but the main one is how to actually create the records. Thanks in ...

test message
This is a test to see what email is registered with my account. Thanks, ------=_NextPart_0001_5C4BECA8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Nick, Sorry for the delay, but I have been asked to have you try creating another new test thread. Thank you in advance. Todd Berger Microsoft Online Support Engineer Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ============================================= When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ===================...

Cannot create new or open existing appointment
Something happened all of a sudden in Outlook 2003, which I installed a week ago. I cannot open or create an appointment. Don't find the problem in the online database. Any help, please? Try opening Outlook with the /cleanreminders switch: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Easydoesit" wrote: > Something happened all of a sudden in Outlook 2003, which I installed a week > ago...

Now to unhide columns ... and test for upper/lower case
I've got two more questions ... Having the routine to open the rows, I need to apply that to opening the required columns. I assume that the columns are referred to numerically, rather than alphabetically? When I run the routine, the first part runs fine (opening rows), but the second part generates the error message : Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error (This occurred with the two routines below combined as one) Seperating them ( as pasted here ) and running it on its' own gives the error message: 400 Any ...

test