Terminal server install domain problem help please

Hi everyone, this is my setup

windows 2003 sbs acting as domain controller, exchange, microsoft crm ect
windows 2003 standard acting as a terminal server and member server

I had a problem with folder redirection which works fine but i manually had
to give permission to each individual on the sbs server to the folder
redirection folder, is this normal? seems cumbersum

My problem is i have install microsoft crm on the 2003 sbs and now i am
trying to configure access via the outlook client on the terminal server but
i can only get it to work for the administrator. i noticed under the terminal
server\documents and settings that all the users folders are there but there
is 2 administrator folders with one being just administrator and the other
ADMINISTRATOR.XYZ which is the name of my domain. I assume the users are not
logging on to the domain correctly like the administrator is. ANY ideas?

thanks

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Recovery Storage Groups on seperate server
Environment - One Exchange 2003 Standard Server SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1 with one Storage Group - 4 databases under that storage group. Problem - Currently I am expermenting in our test environment with the use of Recovery Groups in an attempt to create a more timely DR process. Is there anyway to have the restored databases for a Recovery Storage Group on a seperate server from the original databases? In other words can you somehow point the recovery storage groups to something other than a local drive? I've attempted trying to point just using a mapped network drive, but rec...

Transmitting Outlook data to a web server
I am looking for a solution on how to publish data in Outlook to a web server. A custom web app will be written to access the data published to its server and and display it in some special way. I will either need to write custom VBA for Outlook that transmits the data to the web server or use some third-party tool that integrates into Outlook that will transmit the data for me. The data is sent in only one direction - from client to server. The data on the server is read- only. Whenever the user changes data in Outlook, either it gets sent to the server automatically (the preferred wa...

License usage for Microsoft Exchange Server
Yesterday I noticed a warning event in the event viewer that the "License usage for product Microsoft Exchange 2003 is nearing the maximum number or per server licenses purchased" In the licensing application I show that for "Per Server Purchased" we have 100 licenses and for "Per Server Reached" the value is -112 (!??). When I select the properties of Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, it shows we have 100 licenses purchased and have reached 94. Even this 94 amount is hard to believe. There are a total of 48 mailboxes showing in ESM and at the very most I...

Help with Merging
Is it possible to merge workbooks so that I can take data from them all to make a chart? If so how is this done? I have a workbook for every month and need many numbers from each workbook to make some charts to see what progress we are having. Any help would be great! You should just be able define your data range regardless of whether it's in the same workbook or not. You can have multiple sets of data be drawn into one chart, from several workbooks. First, open up the workbooks you want to draw data from (in addition to the one where you will have the graph). Start the Graph...

Great Plains should use Transaction Processing in SQL Server
This concerns Great Plains version 7.5 on MS SQL Server 2000 SP3. Day before yesterday a brief electric power outage occurred exactly while a user was posting a batch of invoices in PM. The database server and other network components were on UPS and did not fail in any way, but the workstation PC doing the posting was not on a UPS and it rebooted. This left the invoice batch in a sort of "half posted" state. In fact there was resulting damage in both the PM and GL areas of the database, because we have the system set up to post through in detail to GL. We first attempted...

Runtime to Terminate
I just bought a new desktop with Windows XP. I loaded Office 2000 and everything worked fine until Norton Antivirus booted up. Now I keep getting a message that says the "application requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". After the message, outlook will not work until I close the app and then reopen. Any fixes??? ...

Want to Change the eConnnect Domain
hi, i want to change the eConnect Domain,so i want to know what are the changes i have to make in that case. Regards, Nilotpal Chouhury I would recommend viewing the anwer below from Keith at Microsoft. It was an excellent post on how to set up MSDTC for econnect. Of course, this assumes you are talking about your domain user. If not, please elaborate as to what you mean by changing the eConnect Domain. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&mid=f0f43d96-03ec-423d-9e5f-3f5aba574fe2 -- Lorren Consulting Technology Lead ...

Exmerge Problems
I have migrated all mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server to Exchange 2003. I have restored an IS to a Recovery Storage Group. I am trying to use the exmerge tool to pull out one user's information only. I continue to fail on the Exmerge with the "Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d)" error. I have verified that my account is not denied in any form or fasion, I have permissions everywhere, and the IS is running. In fact, I am able to co...

How to Configure Exchange with Outgoing Server Authentication
I am trying to figure out how to set up Exchange 2003 to send using authentication. All of the users have an Exchange mailbox which collects their mail via the POP Connector. When they send, it was going out via DNS through the ISP. The ISP just cranked down and now most of the emails are being returned saying that unauthorized relaying is denied. How do I set up the outgoing mail to authenticate? We use another company for email hosting and the POP Connector to retrieve messages. The Exchange server sends out the messages for most of the users. Any help would be greatly appreciated!...

help menu and forum & cd/dvd creator
I cannot access the help menu inside the media center program -there use to be a help forum in it too. Help does not work at all. The create cd/dvd feature is missing also - I have reinstalled the sonic decoders but I don't know what else to do - any suggestions -thank you- Els Have you tried System Restore? Select any restore point when everything was fine. regards, S.Sengupta[MS-MVP] "Els" <Els@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A7FDDE7-D9D9-46BB-8AD7-2FEC07C07381@microsoft.com... > I cannot access the help menu inside the media ...

crm sbs install failed
I receieved the following error. Failed to install MSI part of CRM Server Set up 80004005 A possible cause could be that I lost network connectivity during the end of the install. what should I do next? any help would be appreciated. Thanks In Advance, Steve Check that you have the framework installed correctly. I had same problem with installation, because the framework SP 2 msi failed to update the .net framework. Hope it helps >-----Original Message----- >I receieved the following error. > >Failed to install MSI part of CRM Server Set up > >80004005 > >A po...

problem upgarading from crm3 to crm4
After upgrade from crm3 to crm4 i have a few problem: 1)cannot create mail merge 2)a cuztomize reports disappear 3)cannot change customize defaul public view does anyone have this type pf problems and maybe have another problems? Thanks ahead elip ...

Security for an ADP; what is Access part? What is SQL server's part.
I have an ADP (Access forms, etc with SQL Server backend) How would I implement security for end users? Do I set up in Access? Then how does access talk to SQL Server? Do I set up user accounts in SQL Server? To I configure both? Isn't their an application role in SQL Server? I need a general framework to start with. Any advice or links would be appreciated. Mike I generally use integrated Windows security with SQL-Server, then create an Access ADE (or more often an MDE) for the Access Front-end. You don't need to login, but you do need to be in a group with permissions to ...

Money 2002 backup restore problem
I had a corrupt system file (or something) that required me to reformat my hard drive. I always backed up my Money file to a floppy disk on a routine basis. When I tried to restore the file I received an error that the file "was corrupt or not a Money backup file." I'm pretty certain the file is not corrupt and this is a problem with the restore process. Anyone have a similar problem? (Yes, I've read all the procedures on how to do it.) TIA, Dave Many people who get themselves in this situation installed a different version of Money than the one they were actually u...

Server side rule
I am trying to figure out how to create a server side rule that when an e-mail comes in to the server. The e- mail message is delivered to multiple mailboxes. Here is an example, bill from company ABC sends an e-mail to my company with the subject as real-estate properties. The e-mail is addressed to Steve@mycompany.com. The e-mail is delivered to the mailboxes of Steve, and also Chris, Debra, and Jim. Is this possible with exchange 2003? Thank you Norman I think this is only possible with a client side rule. An event sink might possibly work. An SMTP smart host would be abl...

Moving Exchange Server 5.5 in its entirety
I have an SBS4.5 machine which currently runs Exchange 5.5 in its entirety from d:\exchsrvr. I effectively need to move the exchsrvr folder and *all* of its contents to another physical volume (this is not the usual space issue as the drive that Exchange currently sits on is about to be swallowed up into a mirror set elsewhere on the server so I'm afraid that good old ex. optimiser is probably not going to help me here). For information, the target volume already exists and has data on it. To summarise, we effectively need to move exchange from d:\exchsrvr to e:\exchsrvr. Can anybody sugg...

Installation media
I bought an Office 2007 Ultimate package in DVD format and need to put on a machine that has CD only. Can I get CD format for installing on this machine? I searched office website and could not find this information. Thank you for your help. Ron Brock soweebee@hotmail.com Buy a cd/dvd combo drive - simplest/easyiest solution "soweebee" <soweebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E97A5C9-376B-4725-9B94-3BA1F13D9B54@microsoft.com... >I bought an Office 2007 Ultimate package in DVD format and need to put on a > machine that has CD only. Can I...

Mail Server
Hi ,I have just installed Windows 7 and I find that I cannot have Outlook Express. If I continue with Windows Mail can I use my existing mail server or do I throw out Windows 7 for something else -- artysan Outlook Express was last used in XP. You're posting in the Vista newsgroup. Do you want to use Windows Live Mail, the successor to OE and Windows Mail (Vista)? That you can easily do with your current mail server with Win7. It sets up the same as OE did. Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download): http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview -- Bruce...

Deleted Root Web Exchange Server 2003
Didn't think I needed my root web so I deleted it. Low and behold this is what I used for OWA. How do I set up a new link to OWA? Thanks. Restore metabase from right before you did this - with Windows 2003 it backs it up often. Otherwise: Remove IIS and add it back. Run setup /disasterrecovery from the Exchange CD. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://w...

Outlook problem #35
I have a couple of clients that use outlook 2003 for their mail. When they click the send and receive button the mail starts to come then stops after about 15 emails. It creates an error message and stops. The problem seems to be that the messages that are downloaded to the inbox are not being released from the isp mail server. The next time they check their mail, they get the same messages again and the same error messages. It seems to have just started within the last month or so. I have talked to both of their isps and they both say there is nothing wrong on their end. All updates...

.urgent help please
Hiya, Im very new to this. I have a spreadsheet, with 6 different numbers in column 6. I would like excel to highlight the lowest one(s). I know there must be a simple way 2 do this. any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England You can use condition formatting in one of the cell format->conditional formatting condition1: Cell value is equal to =min($a$1:$f$100) set format to what ever you want then copy the format to rest of the cell "Laura ( '_' )" <busyday@the.office> ���g��l��s�D:OwcD2vBnGHA.3656@...

Detect termination of other process.
Calling ShellExecute, I execute a process. How can I detect when this program is turminated? I tried to combine CreateProcess & WaitForSingleObject functions. But filed. Hello ShellExecute() will run the program so you don't need CreateProcess() again. If you call CreateProcess() or ShellExecuteEx() you can use WaitForSingleObject() to wait for the process to terminate. -- Elias "Joon-ho Ryu" <junoryu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23YQeGbddDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Calling ShellExecute, I execute a process. > How can I detect when this program...

Terminating Application
Hi, Does anyone know how can I terminate an SDI application? To explain my situation, I'm trying to make an error handling mechanism and for some critical situations I have to terminate the whole application since it can't carry on anymore. I want to do this somehow that my classes destructors are called too. I have tried sending WM_CLOSE to the project's main window but it can't work out since I don't want my code execution flow to carry on after I sent this message (it makes unhandled exceptions). I would like something like exit(0) but it won't let the classes to do ...

LDIFDE very slow when run from Exchange server.
Hello, We've setup a test network consisting of a W2K3 DC and an E2K3 server with about 500 mailbox-enabled users. When we run an LDIFDE export on the DC, it completes in a few seconds. On the Exchange server, the same export takes several minutes. Any idea why it would take so long on the Exchange server? There is nothing strange in the event viewer. Bother servers have a similar spec, incl 100mbit n/w cards. Thanks in advance, - Alan. Other than the fact that you are running the export across the network, perhaps your network cards are not correctly auto-negotiating 100Mb/s. I ...

.NET help
Hi all, It would be very much helpful to me if you post or email an answer to the following question. Here is the requirement and I need an approach with regards to this. I have java web services which exposes certain APIs. These services are running on APACHE AXIS 1.1. We need to build a .NET component as a middle layer which communicates with these web services. This .NET commponent should be used in VC++ 6.0 applications. The approach we followed in this case was 1. Depoly the Java web service. 2. Create class library in .NET which communicates with the web service. Output is the DL...