Task Create - Status - Workflow 3.0

I'm trying to make a simple task, when a user owner is assigned a task in
CRM, it receives an email letting it know it has one. I have the following
below, but it is not generating one when i assign one manually in the CRM.
What to do?

I've tried both the following:

When task is created
E-Mail to:[owner];Subject test

As well as:

When task is created
if
   Task activity status = Open
then
   E-Mail to:[owner];Subject test

I've checked the mailserver many times over, and I can send emails manually
from the CRM so you can rule that out
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Tested out ok on our end.

Some ideas:

1. Does manually applying the workflow rule work?

2. Is the workflow rule activated?

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
www.workopia.com

"T.Palmer" wrote:

> I'm trying to make a simple task, when a user owner is assigned a task in
> CRM, it receives an email letting it know it has one. I have the following
> below, but it is not generating one when i assign one manually in the CRM.
> What to do?
>
> I've tried both the following:
>
> When task is created
> E-Mail to:[owner];Subject test
>
> As well as:
>
> When task is created
> if
>    Task activity status = Open
> then
>    E-Mail to:[owner];Subject test
>

> I've checked the mailserver many times over, and I can send emails manually
> from the CRM so you can rule that out
Hi Frank,

Yes it is activated, how do i manually activate the rule? I also ran the CRM
diagnotistc and everything turned up fine. I'm running out of ideas why it
isn't working. :(

"Frank Lee" wrote:

> Tested out ok on our end.
>
> Some ideas:
>
> 1. Does manually applying the workflow rule work?
>
> 2. Is the workflow rule activated?
>
> Frank Lee
> Workopia, Inc.
> www.workopia.com
>

> "T.Palmer" wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to make a simple task, when a user owner is assigned a task in
> > CRM, it receives an email letting it know it has one. I have the following
> > below, but it is not generating one when i assign one manually in the CRM.
> > What to do?
> >
> > I've tried both the following:
> >
> > When task is created
> > E-Mail to:[owner];Subject test
> >
> > As well as:
> >
> > When task is created
> > if
> >    Task activity status = Open
> > then
> >    E-Mail to:[owner];Subject test
> >

> > I've checked the mailserver many times over, and I can send emails manually
> > from the CRM so you can rule that out
The trick is dat the administrator account should not be in restricted
Mode.
That helps all

T.Palmer wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Yes it is activated, how do i manually activate the rule? I also ran the CRM
> diagnotistc and everything turned up fine. I'm running out of ideas why it
> isn't working. :(
>
> "Frank Lee" wrote:
>
> > Tested out ok on our end.
> >
> > Some ideas:
> >
> > 1. Does manually applying the workflow rule work?
> >
> > 2. Is the workflow rule activated?
> >
> > Frank Lee
> > Workopia, Inc.
> > www.workopia.com
> >

> > "T.Palmer" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to make a simple task, when a user owner is assigned a task in
> > > CRM, it receives an email letting it know it has one. I have the following
> > > below, but it is not generating one when i assign one manually in the CRM.
> > > What to do?
> > >
> > > I've tried both the following:
> > >
> > > When task is created
> > > E-Mail to:[owner];Subject test
> > >
> > > As well as:
> > >
> > > When task is created
> > > if
> > >    Task activity status = Open
> > > then
> > >    E-Mail to:[owner];Subject test
> > >

> > > I've checked the mailserver many times over, and I can send emails manually
> > > from the CRM so you can rule that out

0
Sanne

Synchronising tasks
I have an application that creates tasks on a database and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. The problem is if the user edited or deleted the outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on tasks saved on the database. Is there any way to accomplish this? thanks in advance ! "Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org... >I have an application that creates tasks on a database > and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. > The problem is if the user edited or deleted the > outlook tasks, I want the changes to...

Create email rule which requires 2 words or phrases to delete
I'm trying to set up some rules to automatically delete some recurrin spam I receive. I know how to set it up so that it will look for word or another word and then delete the email if it finds either word Is there a way to set it up so that it won't delete the email unless i finds both words? Thanks, Nat -- ndillon1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ndillon19's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=448 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=121115 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i ndillon19 <n...

Customising Outlook Today #3
Following system crash, finally decided to re-format hard drive, re-install windows 98 and the upgrade to Me, followed by re-installation of MS Office 2000. Having done so, I then downloaded updates to Me. I am now no longer able to customise Outlook Today home page; it always starts with my Inbox and I have to select Outlook Today page. I then press "customise" in the hope of achieving the "always start with this page" option, and nothing happens. Have since downloaded all Office 2000 updates, but this has not cured the problem. Any advice would be appreciat...

Tasks
Whne I configure my current view to "active tasks", it still shows tasks that are completed and crossed off as well as upcoming tasks. I thought that it only supposed to show tasks that are not yet complete. Any help here would be appreciated. ...

outlook express 5.0
I was using a friends PC which is using outlook express 5.0. I clicked on the arrow above where the folders are listed and they dissapeared. I can't get the folders back. What do I need to do. I've done closing and re-opening and also re-booting. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inete...

How do I split a cell into 3 different cells in excel?
I'm trying to build a spreadsheet with 3 columns and then on the second row one of the columns is split into 3 but I don't know how to do this!! Hi you can not split a cell in excel, you can, however, merge them ... so if you use 5 columns, merge three cells in the first row and play around with the sizing you might be able to achieve what you're after. A note however, merged cells can be a nightmare later on down the track with sorting / filtering etc. Cheers JulieD "K8" <K8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C838177E-AB30-4FCC-8F7A-70A49CD2...

hide completed tasks
How do I hide completed tasks? I now use Outlook 2003. In earlier verisons (2000) there was an option in view to show only active tasks, and to hide completed tasks. I need to save the complted tasks for reference, but I do not want to look at the clutter. Thank you Hi, You can change the view in Outlook 2003 to only display active tasks by the following. 1. Open Outlook 2. Click on Tasks 3. Click on View > Arrange By > Current View and select "Active Tasks" Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platfo...

Cannot see neither access newly created mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients", "Users with exchange mailbox"). Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking ...

SQL 3.5 SP2 into slot 1
Hi all, Does anyone know how to get SQL 3.5 SP2 dlls to load into slot 1? Some detail - I can't find any QFE for this, only a .cab installationm so I've taken the files out and manually added them to my OS build. However I do not have any .rel files, am I right in thinking without these I cannot get the dlls to load into slot 1? If so is there any way of getting the .rel files for SQL 3.5 SP2 ? Cheers Dan Without the .rel files you can't load into slot1. The .rel file comes from the linker so if you aren't creating the .dll yourself I think you'r...

Excel sheets 1 2 3 so on
I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to sheet 2 or 3 or so on. Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME: B1 MIDDLE NAME: C1 LAST NAME: NOW ON SHEET 2 TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME: E4 MIDDLE NAME: F4 LAST NAME: WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR SO ON. Same as with a number or what ever. Does that make since? DO Henders...

New User created get a weird email address
Hi, Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I create a new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few minutes, (wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my username and a bogus number after it. Example New user name : Tony Smith => tsmith@domain.com (desired email address) My name: Jimmy Jones I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is suppose to be but not what I really want. Could someone please help me. G. Usely this occurs if that email already exists in your org s...

cannot create new fields in CRM
Hi There, we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the error message saying "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator." As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0 Rgds, Kyaw is the System Customizer role deleted? if it is, add the role back using the script found here: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+de...

Increase Task Name Display Length in My Tasks
Hi! I have a suggestion for you... The My Assginments view limits the Task Name to displaying 50 characters. That field should not have a limit, or if so, we should be able to change it. Developer tasks are not necessarily that short and making them click on the task to see the full name is not user friendly. This would simplify and streamline the process of reporting hours, not to mention making looking at the view itself, much more user friendly. Thank you for your consideration! Stacey Shearn ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft ...

Unable to create OlePres000 Stream
Hi all, we are trying to embed items in a compound document of our application. We are using the the ::OleCreateFromFile and ::OleSave functions , the "OlePres000" stream is not getting created , the other streams like ( Ole,OleCompObj, etc.. are getting created). What might be the Problem...any suggestions are welcome thank you r gp ...

Help please with Tasks and my PocketPC
Help please with Tasks and my PocketPC I am trying to use Outlook 2003 as my contact manager. I am syncing to an Ipaq Pocket PC. The problem is this: When I look at the contact record, I choose "ACTIONS" then "NEW TASK FOR CONTACT". When I do that, I get a new window titled "UNTITLED-TASK". I make sure the contact is entered into the "CONTACTS" field on the bottom of the form. In the subject field I type something like "CALL TO FOLLOW UP" and I choose today's date as the due date�close and save. It then syncs to my handheld�the problem...

upgrading to latest service pack of 9.0, file not found error
Good morning! I'm working with a customer who is upgrading to the latest service pack of GP 9.0 (they're not ready to move to 10). We installed 9.0, then installed the latest service pack of 9.0 and receive an error when launching GP Utilities: "File not found: D:\program files\microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\0\Upgrade.dll.UPGRADE_9__259.DRIVER_INI" I thought the fix was to create a file in that path, but doesn't seem to be working. Any other thoughts on how to fix this? -- --Peter peter, what version of gp 9 you installed, language and what version of service pack ...

Tasks Do Not Show up in My Tasks
I created a project and assigned a resource to each task. I published the project and the resource received an email notifying him that he was assigned new tasks. When he goes to My Tasks the new tasks are not there. We tried changing the view options but the project tasks do not appear. When I view the tasks for the resource in the resource center my project and all the tasks are listed. He is his own assignment owner. Is there something I'm doing wrong. Thank you, Leilani831 Leilani831 -- If you open the project and then click Tools - Build Team from Enterp...

Create function concatenate
I want to know How I can create a function that will concatenate fields ex: UF_Concat_fields (Tbl_Name, Field_Name, Where_Clause, Separ_Char) In that function, I could do select Field_Name from tbl_Name where Where_Clause in a cursor or something like that and add the Separ_Char which would = ", ". ex: UF_Concat_fields ("tbl_colors", "Desc", "chk_active = 1", ', ') the Result would be "Red, Blue, Green, Yellow" ex: UF_Concat_fields ("tbl_numbers", "Desc", "id1 < 20", ' - ') the...

Create my own 'not in list' event ?
Is it possible to create my own 'not in list' event? I want to capture the data entered to the table but I don't want it to become part of the combo box contents. What I envisage doing is in the after update event for the combo box, check if the value entered is not one of the currently listed values, and if not, insert the contents with a special flag that excludes it from the combo box query. Are the values in a combo box part of a collection I can loop through? The intellisense seems to indicate there is no .count property? You can do whatever you like in the NotInList ev...

Printing Gridlines #3
I am having trouble printing the gridlines on my spreadsheet. I have checked print gridlines in page set up. Draft quality is not checked. I cannot figure out why they won't print. If I send it to another computer it prints just fine with the gridlines showing!! You may have set Format>Cells>Patterns to something invisible -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kidme" <kidme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34E54DE7-752B-4391-B2FA-EF5DC3DA40BC@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble printing the gridlines on my spreadsheet. ...

Creating a word document
I have a text file that has tab delimited rows of fields. I would like to input the file into a C++ program and write out a word document with some of the fields bolded. I have develop a program to read input text file and now would like to write out the Word formatted .doc file. Is there a control that I can use to get the Word formatted output? Is there a better way to go about this? I feel like I am reinventing the wheel. I basically need a "xls" to "doc" converter program that allows me to format the various fields the way I want. Thanks, Michael Fox Have you...

ODBC Driver For Paradox 7.0
Hi, using Excel 2002. I want to get external data from a paradox 7.0 table. Trying to setup an ODBC connection it only lists paradox versions up to v5.0 Does Excel 2002 include ODBC support for paradox 7.0, I was on a training course yesterday and they assured me that it does. Hope someone can help. Ben Following is from http://www.thedbcommunity.com/faq/3.htm Looks like v7 drivers are a separate purchase. Duncan 3.4 How do I use Paradox tables without Paradox? -------------------- There are two ways to take this question. A) You want to use Paradox tables in OTHER applications,...

How to deal with task bar
I am using XP SP3, I am trying to look at a series of .mov files in a folder, one file at a time. When I double click on one of the .mov files, it quite naturally executes Quicktime V7.0 to 'play' the .mov, since that is the default for .mov files. What I don't like is that Quicktime always opens to play the .mov with its 'play' button (and its other controls too) hidden behind the task bar at the bottom of the screen. I can manually shrink Quicktime's window so as to expose the play button, but how can I make Quicktime come up automatically on top of the ta...

Allow quantity discounts to have a "Sell X for Y price", 3 for $5
Right now discounts only allow for specific price breaks or reductions. It should be more simple than that, it should allow the user to enter a discount where if an item is sold in multiples as indicated in the discount a specific price is allowed. In an example an item regularly sells for $1.99 but you want to be able to sell 3 for $5.00. In RMS you can't do this. You have to create a discount of a quantity of 3 at $1.66 which when rung sells as $4.98 and there is no way to extend the decimal place for the prices entered in a discount such as $1.6663 in order to get a rollover....

Lotus Notes Integration for Microsoft CRM 3.0
LinkPoint360 Tel: 732.212.8402 International: +1.732.212.8401 E-mail: info@linkpoint360.com LINKPOINT360 CONTINUES TO PROVIDE IBM LOTUS NOTES AND DOMINO INTEGRATION FOR MICROSOFT CRM. Advanced IBM Lotus Notes integration with Microsoft CRM eliminates manual updates and provides automated data synchronization. Red Bank, New Jersey - LinkPoint, a leading provider of IBM Lotus Notes and Domino integration with industry standard enterprise CRM applications continues to provide productivity email and data synchronization solutions. LinkPoint provides... =B7 Inbound and Outbound Email and attach...