Task assignment should be able to be used through Outlook

o	When a task is assigned there is no ability to accept or decline the task.
This functionality is available within Outlook but not in CRM.
o	At the moment If the outlook functionality is used then CRM and outlook
become out of sync and CRM is not able to track the task and its progress.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=dc1187bb-25ff-4b3f-ab50-2b88ea0438e0&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this feature for a future
release. An Issue has been entered into our tracking data base.

--
Jason

"CRMSlave" <CRMSlave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> o When a task is assigned there is no ability to accept or decline the
> task.
> This functionality is available within Outlook but not in CRM.
> o At the moment If the outlook functionality is used then CRM and outlook
> become out of sync and CRM is not able to track the task and its progress.
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=dc1187bb-25ff-4b3f-ab50-2b88ea0438e0&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Jason

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Moving Outlook info to another computer
I would like to move my Outlook files to a new P IV computer. I believe that the file Outlook.pst will include the email boxes, calendar and schedule, but I don't know how to move either the POP3 accounts (I have quite a few), settings, or the email rules (such as which box to move what email into). I would like to have to avoid setting this all up from scratch, so I hope someone there has a solution. I am also considering going back to Outlook Express for my email, since I use the contacts and calendar function in Outlook extensively to coordinate with my PocketPC. Does anyo...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

On calendars why can't I see busy/free data and why can't I use OO
When trying to schedule a meeting for anyone in/on my network I can't see busy/free data because it specifies it cannot be retrieved. It only recently started this in the last few weeks. How can that be fixed? Also, this past week I noticed that I can no longer use the Out of Office Assistant. I get a message stating that 'Your out of office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later.' As far as I can tell, the server is up and running. Thanks, Jason Version of Outlook and Exchange? Was either recently upgraded? Does everyo...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

Assigning XML string as the content of an attribute

Using Publisher for long reports
Hi. I write long reports (50 pages) in which layout and style are very important. I'm thinking of switching from Word to Publisher since Word's management of pictures and layout drives me wild. Can anyone advise me if Publisher might be the right choice? Does anyone have some long document templates they could show me? -- Giles It sounds like Publisher would be perfect for you since you indication that the layout is important. I can't help with a sample tho because (1) the longest I've done is about 24 pages and (2) my newsletters contain personal contact information and...

Outlook 2007
I'm trying to switch over to OL2007 from Thunderbird. I have several email accounts, some IMAP, some POP3. It really gripes me the way OL2007 handles multiple accounts. Sending an email from any of my accounts defaults to having been sent from a default account. What's so hard about composing an email from within a particular "Inbox" and having the email appear to have been sent from that account?? Instead, unless I remember to change it manually each and every time, OL2007 will cause the email will appear to have been sent from another address entirely. For example I w...

Outlook opens, then hangs
outlook will open, then just hangs, and quits responding. Help! The only thing I can think of is SpamCatcher is installed, but I can't turn the thing off because outlook won't respond. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >outlook will open, then just hangs, and quits >responding. Help! The only thing I can think of is >SpamCatcher is installed, but I can't turn the thing off >because outlook won't respond. Any ideas? >. >What version of Outlook? Exchange or POP? How large is .pst file? ...

Use more than one timer event on a form?
Hi I have a form on which I have set a timer event in order to display the current date and time. The timer interval is set to 1000 and works as I want it to. However, I also have a need to refresh a query on the form (actually on a sub-form) at a regular interval; but not as often as the current time is updated. So... my question is, is it possible to have more than one timer event for a form/sub-form & how would I go about that, and if it's not possible is there another way of going about what I'm trying to achieve? Thanks very much Martyn Access 2000 on Windows Server 2...

Where can I get a doc/resource telling me which Entity is used where
Hi I am wanting to modify some of the forms/views in our MSCRM3 install. But I am having problems finding which entity is used where. Can someone let me know where I can find documentation that provides this info? TIA Antony ...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Which outlook to get
Which outlook do I need to use email accounts. I have outlook 2000 but understand that will not work with the new pop3 accounts. Would outlook 2003 be ok instead of paying for 2007. I am only trying to use it like I did outlook express. Since hotmail changed to the new windows live mail I cannot use outlook express to see my three email accounts in different folders (inboxs). I have a hotmail , gmail and verizon accounts And I dont like the new Windows Live mail that was supposed to replace outlook express. Thanks for any suggestions -- rayh78 "rayh78" <rayh78.4fc51c2@out...

Strange Result using custom number format
I am trying to apply a custom number format that returns the following results.. If the number is less than -1 it is formatted as (?#) If the number is greather than +1 is is formatted as +?# If it is between -1 and 1 the result is text saying "Unchanged" But when I apply the following custom format--> [>1]+?#;[<-1] (?#); "Unch" I get a strange result for numbers between -1 and 1. I get -Unch. I can't figure out why it puts the - in front of the text. Thanks ...

Multiple Outlook Inboxes for One User
Hi Everyone. How can I setup multiple Outlook Inboxes for a single user? (Outlook 2000) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Deb You can't. Outlook uses one inbox for received mails but you can move the mail based on rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Deb asked: | Hi Everyone. | How can I setup multiple Outlook Inboxes for a sin...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Assigning a value to each unit
I'm trying to assign a value to each entry on an Excel spreadsheet. Since I'm grasping at straws for a way to phrase my question, perhaps it would be better to explain my intended use. I'm trying to designing an incident command spreadsheet for fire department use, and want to have each unit, such as an engine or ambulance, assigned a default value (used for staffing). For example, an ambulance needs to have at least 2 people to be used properly. Thus, I would like to have the default value for an ambulance be 2. I'm also calculating the total number of people (minimum staffing...

E-mail merge using Word
Simply stated, I have completed the e-mail merge using Word's merge task wizzard. All looks good. The final window asks me to map the To field, Subject line, etc and I hit OK. Then.....no e-mails are sent. I used my own e-mail as a test and recieved nothing. I am using Outlook 2003. Does anyone know why the e-mails are not being sent?? What do you mean "map the To: field?" What do you select? What happens? Hw is your Outlook Address Book configured? What is your default mail program? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Fred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Using/Editing Rules while Offline
We're running Exchange 2000 on an SBS2000 server and a using with Outlook 2003 on a laptop needs to have his calendar shared and edited so we moved from a .PST file to an .OST file. Calendar problem solved. New problem: when he is away from the office his Rules do not run and he can't access them. Outlook just says he needs to connect to Exchange first. Problem remains even when I move incoming mail to a .PST file, leaving the ..OST (attempting to retain Calendar sharing, etc). Is this do-able? Or do we need to go with a 3rd-party rules add-in? Or.....? Oops. I should have al...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

outlook 2003 cannot restart after close
I am running outlook 2003 on a laptop with only internet mail. If I close outlook and later reopen it, it won't reopen. I get an error in the task bar: Outlook is nor responding. If you are using an exchange server email account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the outlook icon in the notification area and clicking cancel server request on the shortcut menu. However, if i go to do so, i get no response. I have to logout of the machine or reboot it to reopen outlook. Also, i noticed upon shutdown, i get a message that sgtray.exe is not responding and I have t...

using POP3 on Exchange 2003
Hi, I have POP3 accounts provided from an external ISP and I want to enable Exchange 2003 to download the messages into the exchange account? do I need to use a POP3 connector? does Microsoft has a solution? On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:55:02 -0800, Jassim Rahma <JassimRahma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have POP3 accounts provided from an external ISP and I want to enable >Exchange 2003 to download the messages into the exchange account? do I need >to use a POP3 connector? does Microsoft has a solution? It sounds like that you do need to use a POP3 connecto...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

How to move saved outlook email to Windows live mail?
Does anyone know how i can do this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0039_01CB1992.2C7C62E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One method..that uses the same DeltaSync technology. Use the Live tools provided. Sign up for Hotmail account if not already done so - if signing up new ensure you logon at mail.live.com to ensure the = inbox is setup and functional Install the latest(verions 14) Outlook Hotmail Connector on OL2003 or = 2007 or 2010 Setup the Hotmail account in...