Syncing CRM 3.0 Contacts w/ Blackberry

Good day everyone,

I’ve searched around the forums and looked around to solve this dilemma, but
I’m still stuck!

Background:  My boss and a few employees have the RIM Blackberry and we have
the MS Small Business Server SP1, Exchange 2003, and CRM 3.0

Problem: How do we sync the contacts that are in the CRM 3.0 to the
Blackberry contacts? (Without exporting every single contact into a CSV and
then importing them back to a personal folder).

Before CRM 3.0, we had an Exchange Server and my boss simply dragged a copy
from the “shared” contacts to his personal contacts and then would sync that
to his Blackberry.

I’ve seen on the web people using “tendigits”, or something like desktop
redirect, but I’m trying to find a method that doesn’t require extra $$$

Thank you in advance,

Heap

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

!Forgot to mention! – We can sync with CRM 3.0, but my boss can’t sync with
contacts that he doesn’t “own.”  (e.g. = Our vendors, our future customers)
This goes the same for the sales people as well.  We don’t want any contacts
to be owned by anyone in particular, we just want our entire company to own
every contact.  (I’m sorry for the confusion)

We would like the ownership of ALL of our contacts to belong to everyone
(This might be a bigger issue).  If this can be solved, I think the syncing
issue can be solved as well.

"Heap" wrote:

> Good day everyone,
>
> I’ve searched around the forums and looked around to solve this dilemma, but
> I’m still stuck!
>
> Background:  My boss and a few employees have the RIM Blackberry and we have
> the MS Small Business Server SP1, Exchange 2003, and CRM 3.0
>
> Problem: How do we sync the contacts that are in the CRM 3.0 to the
> Blackberry contacts? (Without exporting every single contact into a CSV and
> then importing them back to a personal folder).
>
> Before CRM 3.0, we had an Exchange Server and my boss simply dragged a copy
> from the “shared” contacts to his personal contacts and then would sync that
> to his Blackberry.
>
> I’ve seen on the web people using “tendigits”, or something like desktop
> redirect, but I’m trying to find a method that doesn’t require extra $$$
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Heap

So your boss has the crm client installed in outlook. When he is in online
mode does he see the contacts he does not own?

If not then this is simply a security role issue and is fixed easily. Once
you guve him global read access to contacts they will all sync down and
blackberry should be able to get them from his contact folder

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft

"Heap" <Heap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> !Forgot to mention! - We can sync with CRM 3.0, but my boss can't sync
> with
> contacts that he doesn't "own."  (e.g. = Our vendors, our future
> customers)
> This goes the same for the sales people as well.  We don't want any
> contacts
> to be owned by anyone in particular, we just want our entire company to
> own
> every contact.  (I'm sorry for the confusion)
>
> We would like the ownership of ALL of our contacts to belong to everyone
> (This might be a bigger issue).  If this can be solved, I think the
> syncing
> issue can be solved as well.
>

> "Heap" wrote:
>
>> Good day everyone,
>>
>> I've searched around the forums and looked around to solve this dilemma,
>> but
>> I'm still stuck!
>>
>> Background:  My boss and a few employees have the RIM Blackberry and we
>> have
>> the MS Small Business Server SP1, Exchange 2003, and CRM 3.0
>>
>> Problem: How do we sync the contacts that are in the CRM 3.0 to the
>> Blackberry contacts? (Without exporting every single contact into a CSV
>> and
>> then importing them back to a personal folder).
>>
>> Before CRM 3.0, we had an Exchange Server and my boss simply dragged a
>> copy
>> from the "shared" contacts to his personal contacts and then would sync
>> that
>> to his Blackberry.
>>
>> I've seen on the web people using "tendigits", or something like desktop
>> redirect, but I'm trying to find a method that doesn't require extra $$$
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>> Heap

0
John
9/13/2006 4:23:31 AM
Check out the new MS CRM Mobile Express option.. It runs using most WEP
enabled devices.. Released last week.

--
Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC
President, The Norwich Group

"Heap" <Heap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> !Forgot to mention! - We can sync with CRM 3.0, but my boss can't sync
> with
> contacts that he doesn't "own."  (e.g. = Our vendors, our future
> customers)
> This goes the same for the sales people as well.  We don't want any
> contacts
> to be owned by anyone in particular, we just want our entire company to
> own
> every contact.  (I'm sorry for the confusion)
>
> We would like the ownership of ALL of our contacts to belong to everyone
> (This might be a bigger issue).  If this can be solved, I think the
> syncing
> issue can be solved as well.
>

> "Heap" wrote:
>
>> Good day everyone,
>>
>> I've searched around the forums and looked around to solve this dilemma,
>> but
>> I'm still stuck!
>>
>> Background:  My boss and a few employees have the RIM Blackberry and we
>> have
>> the MS Small Business Server SP1, Exchange 2003, and CRM 3.0
>>
>> Problem: How do we sync the contacts that are in the CRM 3.0 to the
>> Blackberry contacts? (Without exporting every single contact into a CSV
>> and
>> then importing them back to a personal folder).
>>
>> Before CRM 3.0, we had an Exchange Server and my boss simply dragged a
>> copy
>> from the "shared" contacts to his personal contacts and then would sync
>> that
>> to his Blackberry.
>>
>> I've seen on the web people using "tendigits", or something like desktop
>> redirect, but I'm trying to find a method that doesn't require extra $$$
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>> Heap

0
Anne
9/14/2006 2:24:37 AM
installing the new tool will not solve his problem which is his boss cannot
see all contacts - this needs to be fixed first.

==============================

"Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC" <astanton@thenorwichgroup.com> wrote in
message news:OGvptT61GHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Check out the new MS CRM Mobile Express option.. It runs using most WEP
> enabled devices.. Released last week.
>

> --
> Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC
> President, The Norwich Group
> http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com/mscrm
>

> "Heap" <Heap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> !Forgot to mention! - We can sync with CRM 3.0, but my boss can't sync
>> with
>> contacts that he doesn't "own."  (e.g. = Our vendors, our future
>> customers)
>> This goes the same for the sales people as well.  We don't want any
>> contacts
>> to be owned by anyone in particular, we just want our entire company to
>> own
>> every contact.  (I'm sorry for the confusion)
>>
>> We would like the ownership of ALL of our contacts to belong to everyone
>> (This might be a bigger issue).  If this can be solved, I think the
>> syncing
>> issue can be solved as well.
>>

>> "Heap" wrote:
>>
>>> Good day everyone,
>>>
>>> I've searched around the forums and looked around to solve this dilemma,
>>> but
>>> I'm still stuck!
>>>
>>> Background:  My boss and a few employees have the RIM Blackberry and we
>>> have
>>> the MS Small Business Server SP1, Exchange 2003, and CRM 3.0
>>>
>>> Problem: How do we sync the contacts that are in the CRM 3.0 to the
>>> Blackberry contacts? (Without exporting every single contact into a CSV
>>> and
>>> then importing them back to a personal folder).
>>>
>>> Before CRM 3.0, we had an Exchange Server and my boss simply dragged a
>>> copy
>>> from the "shared" contacts to his personal contacts and then would sync
>>> that
>>> to his Blackberry.
>>>
>>> I've seen on the web people using "tendigits", or something like desktop
>>> redirect, but I'm trying to find a method that doesn't require extra $$$
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance,
>>>
>>> Heap

0
John

Purchasing Microsoft CRM
I am looking into this software, however I am wondering. Is this soley for installation onto a network. I am the only one to be using this software, and I want it only for my laptop. Is this an option? No. If you are looking for a stand alone, single user contact management solution, I would take a look a Business Contact Manager from MS. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:08:51 -0800, "Steve U" <Steve U@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I am looking into this software...

Outlook Creating Sync Problem Folders.....HELP
When Outlook 2003 perform the send/receive action. My mail comes in/out, however a box pops up showing there was an error. This error then goes into a sync folder as an email. I DID NOT create this folder. If I delete the sync folder, it re-creates itself. Any ideas on how to stop this madness? The sync folder is a system folder that Outlook needs and uses. Would probably be better to address the error, rather than merely trying to hide the reporting mechanism, no? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforl...

So just how customizable is CRM?
I have been playing around with it all week, trying to change things to fit the way I would like them to be, but becoming very frustrated in not being able to figure out how. I have read all kinds of documents, tutorials, code samples, etc, been all over the blogs and other CRm sites, but so far not finding anything I can really use at this point. I've just been trying to do simple things that would make our workflow a little bit faster and easier. Things like: 1. Being able to type in manually in a lookup field, one with a magnifying glass. I was told in another thread this can...

POS Sync After Every Z Report
Hi All~ I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another station sync every time a Z report is ran? Should the database sync every time? I thought only when the POS was in offline status. I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database. Is this expected? Hi Jerry, It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other databases. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0411161303.32f35868@posting.googl...

Disable IBF Save to CRM dialog
Is there a way to prevent the Save to CRM dialog appearing everytime you close a spreadsheet after using the IBF for CRM? ...

how can I fill only part of the background w/ color
I am trying to create a flyer in Publisher. I put an arc on the page, so it has two corners that I want filled with color, but I want the rest of the page to remain white. How can I do that? Arc's generally do not have corners. Are you saying you want the corners above the arc filled? Create a rectangle fill with your color. Position the rectangle to the corners. Create an oval, fill white, no line, position the oval over the rectangle so all but the corners are in view. Position your arc... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews...

Automatically moving data #3
I got noting but zeros.. :confused: 0 =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=$A$1)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$10=B2)*(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$10="fries"),Sheet1!$D$1:$D$10) 0 =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=$A$1)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$10=B3)*(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$10="fries"),Sheet1!$D$1:$D$10) 0 =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=$A$1)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$10=B4)*(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$10="fries"),Sheet1!$D$1:$D$10) 0 =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=$A$1)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$10=B5)*(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$10="fries"),Sheet1!$D$1:$D$10) 0 =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10=$A$7)*(Sheet1!$B$1:$B$10=B8)*(Sh...

Microsoft CRM: Unable to open Reports from CRM Application.
Hi, I just installed an EVAL copy of Micorosft CRM with SQL 2005 on Windows 2003 Server. Install went fine without any error messages. However, when I am in the CRM application and try to access "Reports", I get an error "Reports.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded" But if I access the CRM reports directly http://<server>/Reports, I can access all the reports. Has anyone come across this issue and resolved it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Sanjay Hi, I had a similar problem when i´ve installed the CRM 3.0. The problem was regarding wi...

transfering outlook 2000 contacts to outlook 2007 (Win 7)?
My contacts are in outlook 2000 (part of office 2000). If I buy outlook 2007, will I be able to transfer the contacts? How do I do it? The new PC runs Windows 7. Thanks Answered daily here. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx Note that some of the informat...

chart lines #3
how do I prevent a chart line from connecting to a 0%? The 0% value results from data that has not been entered yet, but shows due to the % formula. In a Line or XY chart, replace the blank by =NA() The chart engine will ignore this It will display as #N/A If you don't like the look of this (maybe for printing purposes) use conditional formatting to make the font colour the same as the cell background, then it 'disappears' best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Susie" <Susie@discussions.microso...

NDR 550 5.7.0 Message Size Violation
one of my users send an email to 14 addresses with a 4 MB .doc attachement. 2 of them came back with the following messsage the rest received the mail. Can anyone tell me what the error is and why it only occurs on this reciepient. From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 3:24 PM To: lwood@topeka.org Subject: Undeliverable:FW: GFOA Standing Committee Application Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: GFOA Standing Committee Application Sent: 8/24/2004 3:19 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ...

Alias problem #3
OK, we are having an issue with Outlook resolving an alias. Every user here has a 3 character alias in Exchange 2003. Some people have a second e-mail address associated with the mailbox for external mail purposes. We have one user with the alias "swh" and their e-mail is "swh@example.com". We have a second user with the alias "sdw", but they have a second address for external use that is "swhite@example.com". So the problem is that in Outlook if a user just types in "swh" Outlook resolves both "swh" and "swhite"...

Issue Migrating Attachments in CRM 4.0
Hi, We are migrating data to MSCRM 4.0. We're using the Data Migration Manager and everything seems to be mapping/migrating fine correctly except for attachments. We have followed the suggested steps in preparting notes/attachments to be migrated, including: 1) Creating the Notes.csv file with and entity column, a unique id column, and a filename column (filename of the attachment). 2) We have placed all the files that are to be attached, in a sub-folder of the folder that contains the Notes.csv file, and named the sub-folder "Attachments". The files are not that large an...

Remote sync
Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any other solution. Any suggestion will be very greatly a...

Help w/VLookup
Does anyone know how to use a vlookup, or any kind of lookup formula when there are more than one result?? ie if I am searching the name of a client, and want to know who the sales rep is, but more than one sales rep has labeled the client as "their client", is there a way to see all of the names of the sales rep that have that client on their client list. If you just want to see which sales reps have claimed a client, do an autofilter on the client column. In article <0ABA6AB9-560A-45E9-B140-C0DE44E831F0@microsoft.com>, bclancy12 <bclancy12@hotmail.com> wrote: ...

OneNote sync no linger syncs
I have oneNote 2007 installed on Laptop with Windows Vista. It has been syncing with my Pocket PC but it no longer does. Updates on either device are not carried to the other. I have uninstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC with no effect. What should I do? Thanks ....and I assume you REinstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC? What OS is the Pocket PC running? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazo...

WSS Web part for MS CRM
Hello, Does anyone know of MS CRM web parts for Sharepoint? or a good resource to create one? I am interested in giving customers access to info via a portal. Also, I want to create a customer facing help desk. Thanks in advance, Tareef Technically, such access would be a violation of the licensing (unless you bought a license for every customer). Rumor is that there will be some sort of "portal" type license with v3, but nothing formal has been announced. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Tareef A." <TareefA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

CRM
Hello, I'm new to MSCRM 3.0 so I apologize if my question is one that may have recurred many times before. I'm trying to create a parent/child relationship, like the default account/parentaccount relationship, using custom entities. I can't get the "create relationship form" of the custom entity to display the same custom entity in the "primay entity" field and the "related entity" field. Thank you. CRM does not support relationships from one entity to the same entity. You have to chose two different entities. Best regards, Stefan Sachs &quo...

Problem with CRM Mobile
I installed CRM mobile and since then a lot of my services will not start. Especially the world wide publishing service. I am logged in as the administrator but I keep getting an error 1068. help! ...

Outlook not syncing correctly
Hi Friday I had a nasty disk failure of a server which services a small network, it has only about 5 users. It's the only server in the AD, running as DC ofcourse, W2003 Sp1, Exchange 2003 Sp2. The disk was dead as dead can be. So the disaster recovery plan kicks in... yeah right. Last good tape turned out to be from august 15th 2005. Don't get me started on why. I put in a new disk, installed W2003 SP1 eval edition (only cd arround), restored from tape the c-drive, system state and exchange. After a few reboots solving minor issues about WMI etc, I started checking my mailboxes. Wit...

Outlook today customization #3
Is there any way to customize the Outlook Today screen so that it shows a shared group calendar, instead of my personal calendar? Or even better, to configure it so I have the option of displaying both? -Brian ...

sync
I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew calendar. Can some body guide me? Thanks AN AN wrote: > I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my > outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to > sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew > calendar. Can some body guide me? > > Thanks > > AN Hi - might want to post in a PocketPC / Activesync group f...

Quoting in CRM
Hi. I work for a company that sells products similar to a design/printing service. I have used the demo-lab numerous times but I still find it impossible to create customer-ready quotes. I would like simply to be able to select from a list of styles, fabric, dimensions, and features, and then create a customer-friendly document with all the details of the customer, final balances etc and then just pdf this to them. Is all this possible in the CRM platform? I suggest you take a look at the Experlogix Product Configurator then. It does it all, except I think for the PDF part, but ma...

Automate sync deactivating
We've got about 40,000 contacts in our CRM 3.0 implementation with about 30 owners. We would like to disable the syncing of contacts and the removal of the CRM-sourced contacts in Outlook in an automated fashion. Is there a way to do this? We could go around to all of the workstations, but would prefer a script or something to handle it. I tried playing around with the SyncContact registry setting in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key, but it didn't seem to have an effect. Also, to prevent these from happening in the future, can the installs be set to default with ...

CRM 3.0 and SBS 2003 SP1 Hell solved... a bit.
Well I have spent 3 days and it's 3 am now.. but I have a level of success. PROBLEM Basically CRM 3.0 was failing the install step at the SQL reporting service pre install check. WHAT I TRIED that FAILED Well almost everyting, like 25 rollbacks vitrual server setups etc. A. 1. Installing SBS basic 2. Patched to SP 3. Install and patch SQL 2000 4. Manual install of reporting service 5. Patched Reporting service CRM Failed Preinstall check B. 1. SBS Basic 2. Patched SBS to SP1 3. Install SQL 2005 including Reproting service CRM Pre ins...