Synch Error

Hi

I have a user who is getting the following error message: An unknown error
has occurred. Retry the action...

This happens when he tries to go online with the CRM Outlook client, it
takes about 40mins trying then the error message occurs. This is a new
problem as it has been working for several months.

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Brian
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Cant Synch
While going offline, i get the following error message: The speficied domain logon name already exists. You must specify a unique domain logon name or open the user record that is using this name already. ???? Please help I found another post related to this. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?&query=sfo+go+offline&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.crm&p=1&tid=e56792c2-c9d1-41a9-8deb-f5216622220e and it says that there is a private hotfix for this. Microsoft, please can you giv...

Runtime error on exit
Everytime I exit Visio 2003 I get a load error sound ("plunk!!!") and a message box: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Program: C:\....\....\.....\Visio.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for and unusual way." It doesn't seem to cause any problem, but aren't those Microsoft messages about contacting the support team a hoot? Get real! But it would be nice to fix the thing. -- Barry Milliken Sometimes this can happen after working with embedded documents. If...

CC Error
I just received the following error on a CC trx, "EB: Check Digit Err". I have never seen this error before and find nothing on Customer or PratnerSource about it. Anyone know what this error represents? Back history: - The store processes on a TSYS platform. - The store has been in operation for 2+ yrs with no prior Technical Errors - Other CCs of same type work (i.e. Visa for this issue) - Store is related to customer, so retaining info will not be difficult - Store is verifying CC number with customer now, will post back if the error is related to a bad CC number. I love my ...

Blackberry VS active synch security issue
Hello all we run exchagne excahgne 2003 sp1 on windows 2003 sp1. We are currently using Active sync to support around 60 users in the field. The EAS VS is se t to use a certificate with 128 bit encryption. We recently had a consultant come to our office and suggested that using a nenterprise BB server is more secure than using EAS and active sync. I said to the consultnat that users sync over 128 but SSL connection to theFRONT end exchange server, and asked him to explain to me how using a BBserve would be more secure than this, but he just shook his head. Anyone care to comment O...

testApp error LNK2005: "unsigned long * Table_CRC16" (?Table_CRC16@@3PAKA) already defined in CRCTest.obj
Hi, all. I have only one line in my project head file, unsigned long Table_CRC16[256]; When I compile the project ,there is no complier error ,but when link this project ,it will turn out the error like the subject detailed. testApp error LNK2005: "unsigned long * Table_CRC16" (?Table_CRC16@@3PAKA) already defined in CRCTest.obj Could anybody tell me the root cause? Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -ja "ja" <josndrsn@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23CjHBJ9zGHA.4228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, all. > ...

Error message "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.xxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"
When I setup the mail account, the account can send and receive email. BUT, when I setup the email account in home it cant send email, but it can receive email and show the following error message: "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.xxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" What can I do? Brian Brian, It sounds like you have a firewall blocking port 25.try to telnet to a mail server out on the internet and see what happens. If your firewall is blocking ...

palm synch
Hi, My laptop is running Win98 and I use Outlook 2000. I recently formatted my hard drive and am trying to synch all my contacts and appointments from my palm into Outlook. I read in the Palm instruction manual that if I wanted to do this I would need a conduit. I went on Palm's website and tried looking for it, but no luck there. What do I need to do in order to transfer/copy all my appointments from my palm into Outlook 2000? TIA Palm doesn't make one. Try www.chapura.com and check out PocketMirror. Stu Katz wrote: > Hi, > > My laptop is running Win98 and I use Out...

How to synch personal contacts w/ a contacts list in a public fold
Several Outlook 2003 users with Blackberries want to 1) easily copy the contacts from several public contacts folders into their own personal contacts and 2) be able to receive changes when the public folder contact lists are updated by one person. What is the easiest way to do this? Is there any way to "synch" the contacts in the public folder to these users' personal contacts without their intervention? -- Lisa M Not easy but check these options: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm Also, you may want to check with the folks in microsoft.public.pocketpc.actives...

report scheduling error /any idea
Hi, I am having problem in scheduling the reports. I went at http://localhost/Reports and included my user name (and domain name) in "Group and User "and gave all the rights to me e.g browser , browser for microsoft crm, content manager , my reports , publisher , publisher for crm . But whenever i run the scheduling , I get the following error : " unable to process the scheduling and snapshot options you selected". I created the very easy and simple filter to run this schedule. If i use the demo PC, the operation fails but i can still see the new report (e.g account ove...

MS Money 2006 & IE7 error
Since installing IE7 b1, when I close Money 2006, it closes down but then does the dialog that an error occurred. And no matter if choose to send or not send, it reopens Money again. Luckily if you close from the logon screen, it doesn't do this cycle again. Hopefully the Money team knows about this issue. Known IE7 error. That's why you are beta testing - to find out what applications IE7 scr*ws. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micros...

Outlook 2003 Synch Log Errors
One of my users has brought to my attention that in your Outlook 2003 client there is a folder "Synchronization Log" that populates with error information multiple times a day. It is as follows: Offline Address Book, Error: 0X8004010F. I have her Outlook 2003 running in Caching mode and It is pulling from an Exchange 2000 server. We are in the process of upgrading that to 2003. Is it safe to assume that the cause of these errors are Exchange 2000 not playing well with Outlook 2003? Is there a way to turn off this reporting? If not, I've already informed her to ignore ...

Reporting Error #4
Hello. I'm trying to open up a report in crm 4.0 and I'm getting the following error: "The report cannot be displayed". I went to http://dbserver/reportserver and I can see the whole structure and access it. But, when opening the report in CRM, I get the error. Any idea what this could be? Thanks! Shams Shams - have you installed the SSRS Data Connector software? Dave Ireland "Shams Soomar" <ShamsSoomar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1510D057-FDA0-4E2B-B9B1-9F012EB92A10@microsoft.com... > Hello. I'm trying to open up a ...

How to turn off "virus" warnings when synching with a PDA?
Hello, I recently upgraded to Outlook XP. When my PDA synchronisation software starts digging into the Outlook XP files, Outlook groans and gives out a message saying "another program is attempting to access Outlook data - this may be a virus" then interrupts the synching. How can I stop Outlook from doing this and allow synching to run uninterrupted as in Outlook 2000? I would contact the vendor of the sync software to see if they have an update to work around this. "Ric" <spam@off.com> wrote in message news:btgvh3$fb2$1@news-reader4.wanadoo.fr... > Hello, >...

Extended services error
Is it possible to suppress the error message, "Your extended services will expire in 15 days . . . "? Thanks, in advance, for the recommendation. Dan Johnson Wait for 15 days. The message will go away along with your online services. -- Peace, BobJ "Dan Johnson" <d_johnso@comporium.net> wrote in message news:un0Yb2SyKHA.5292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to suppress the error message, "Your extended services will > expire in 15 days . . . "? > > Thanks, in advance, for the recommendation. > > Dan Johnso...

GPMC error
I needed to create a GPO so that every PC would have the same website as a site under Local Intranet. The site is our SharePoint site. I'm going to set it as the default home page, and I don't want users to get prompted for their login credentials when this site comes up. If I add it to Local Intranet for IE settings, it won't prompt them for their login credentials. I created the GPO under User Configuration>Windows Settings>Internet Explorer Maintenance>Security>Security Zones and Content Ratings. It works correctly. But once I've put that in t...

Synch Outlook
Hi Folks, I know there are a few 3rd party products that claim to synch outlook on two computers, but I was wondering if the following would work for a laptop and desktop connecting to a internet type mail server: 1. On desktop have outlook connect and leave a copy of messages on server for 10 days 2. On laptop have outlook connect and leave a copy of messages on the server for 10 days. As long as each computer connects once every 10 days there will be a copy of each email on each computer?? Or have i missed something? Cheers -Al It will work for the inbox but not sent items - if you n...

Insert Into error
Hello, I'm just learning Access programming and I wrote a database for our office. It works fine except for one combo box on one of the forms. The combo box DOES work on my home PC which is where I worked on this one form. But it DOESN'T work when I install the form in the database at my office! At work the database resides on our server and at home it's just on my PC. I've been working on this for two weeks and can't figure out the problem. Would appreciate any help. There isn't an error message but the program opens up the VBA procedure and it&...

error read only in excel
Hello, I am getting an error: spreadsheet.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be a read only, or you may be trying to access a read only location. Or, the server the document is stored on, may not be responding I have tried the following 1. copied the file from the server it was on, onto my deskto 2. copied the file to another server driv 3. convert to a cs 4. import and/or link in Acces 5. open as a read only I get the same error with everything I try. Is there something that I am missing? or, is this file corrupt? Is it possible that there is a master document that this one is linked to t...

OWA error
Hi All, Please help we have 2 servers as same problem of OWA, our OWA always root.asp unexpected error. We have tried to "regsvr32 asp.dll" and then reboot server, but the problem still can't solve. Our 2 Server Config is: Window NT 4.0 SP6a & Exchange 5.5 SP4 , Window 2000 Server SP3 and Exchange 5.5 SP4 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312434&Product=ech Thank you very much. Have you applied the Exchange post SP4 fixes that apply to OWA ? Would also suggest applying W2000 SP4 and critical updates of course. >-----Original Message----- &...

outlook express MSVCR70.dll error #2
I am continually getting an error message "XI has caused an error in MSVCR70.dll". After I receive this error message, when Outlook Express tries to connect (send/receive mail) and download my email from the server, it can't connect and I can't send or receive mail. Rebooting the computer corrects the problem temporarily until I again receive the error message. Bob <bkkadel@buckswebsolutions.com> wrote: > I am continually getting an error message "XI has caused > an error in MSVCR70.dll". After I receive this error > message, when Outlook E...

CRM Server Installation Error!!!
Hello, I had installed CRM Server(Demo Version from Action Pack) in a pc which has Windows 2000 Server. Active Directory, Exchange Server are in another Server(PDC) which has windows 2000 Server OS. There is a problem since i have uninstalled CRM Server, CRM Databases and Active Directory objects because of a problem during previous installation. When i try installing again CRM Server the following msg is displayed : "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to determine your account name". Also i have the following log file: [15:45:35] ===========> ...

POP3 Errors
Hello Everyone, Need help on POP3. I have Exchange 2003 with SP1 on Windows 2000 in Windows 2000 doamin. Till 2 weeks back our exchange was working fine, from past 2 weeks onwards we are facing typical problem. The exchange server some times stops reponding to the POP3 users and they won't be able to downlaod messages. In the application event I am getting following error "Error 0x8004050a occured while rendering message 0001-0000134180f for download for user@xyz.com" and it repeats for almost all the users. Some times server won't respond at all and a...

Money bombs during synch
Every time Money 2004 tries to syncrhonize with the internet (msn money) it bombs out, creates an error and gives me the option to restart money. I have tried downloading all of the updates and I do that everytime I syncrhonize anyway. Any ideas what might cause this behavior? I just reinstalled Money 04 and get the exact same result. I don't want to uninstall and then reinstall...is that a tough process? any ideas on what is causing this? >-----Original Message----- >Every time Money 2004 tries to syncrhonize with the >internet (msn money) it bombs out, creates an...

Installation error
Hi there, Does any have experianced problem with instaling service pack 4 on win200 prof. When I tried to install it I got a message outlook express\wabmig.exe is open or in use by another application. I can resoved this problem We are running ehchange server 5.5 for only internal emails and server NT4. Please help ! ...

Error Code :0x80040605
Outlook asked me to upgrade the Connector when i choose to repair, nothing happened except that my email account could not sign in and when i choose remove the outlook connector automatically removed. Troubleshooting Outlook Hotmail Connector - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#hm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...