sub-process

What is the sub-process function in the workflow?
How do you set one up?
Why would you use it?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

A sub-process is a way to call a manual rule. If you create a manual rule in
workflow called Rule A, in another rule you can insert a sub-process and
select the manual rule to run.

This is a helpful way to create loops and if/then rules that trigger other
events.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"David M" wrote:

> What is the sub-process function in the workflow?
> How do you set one up?
> Why would you use it?

Add intercompany transactions to Sales Order Processing
We would like to encourage MBS to consider adding intercompany transaction capability to the Dynamics-GP Sales Order Processing module. We have been able to find work arounds but client processes we have been addressing would be significantly streamlined if this capability exists. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsr...

Duplicating MainForm, SubForm and Sub-SubForm
Hello Everyone, I have an Order Entry Form composed of a MainForm, a SubForm and 2 Sub- Subforms. The SubForm is a continuous form. The two Sub-SubForms are children of a SubForm via a foreign key (which is the Primary Key of a SubForm). There are some instances when customers revised their order by changing just the amount of orders or by just removing one item and the rest are the same. To do this, I would like to keep the initial order (record) and create another record by duplicating the first order then change the amount (or remove an item whatever the case maybe) on the new record. The...

can't process query in Business portal
Hi, When one of our GP user access the query in the business portal (purchasing>>queries), the error 'Can't process query. (Status = Execute)' appears. I look in customersource for this type of error (article # 928345 and 914918) but it doesn’t solve the error. What’s unusual about this error is that when the user login to another computer using her network account the error doesn’t appear. At the same time when I try logging in the computer that’s having the error, use my account, transferred the query and run it the error does not appear. I also tried recreating h...

Track process sending to port 3033 and 1088
I have been monitoring my ISA Server 2004 firewall for denied traffic and noticed that my Exchange server is sending packets that are being denied by my firewall. The packets destined to port 1088 get sent two at a time at one minute intervals to the same IP every time. The packets destined to port 3033 get sent one at a time at the same one minute intervals as the previous but to a different IP. The IP's the packets are destined to are on my Universities network but not to any of our departments computers. What I would like to do is determine which program on my Exchange Server is ...

Outlook 2000 Sub folder
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and I have a created a subfolder in my inbox however I am unable to view the folder My Shortcuts on the left hand side of the screen where all my other sub folders are located. In the navigation bar at the top of my pane there is an icon called "move to Folder" and the folder is located here. I am unable to find the location of the folder therefore unable to open the folder or move it to "My shortcuts" I am in need of your expertise. I am ok with computers and can follow instructions so please please please help. Thanking you in ...

Closing Processes
How can i close a program that is running? For instance, if i want to close a program who's process is named "My Program" how can i close this Process? If the program has a top level window, you can use PostMessage(WM_CLOSE). Here are some more ideas in MSDN article: HOWTO: Terminate an Application "Cleanly" in Win32 Article ID: Q178893 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ricardo Furtado" <Ricardo Furtado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74E310F8-772F-4482-AE22-F16388983BD6@microsoft.com... > How can i close a progr...

sub-process
What is the sub-process function in the workflow? How do you set one up? Why would you use it? A sub-process is a way to call a manual rule. If you create a manual rule in workflow called Rule A, in another rule you can insert a sub-process and select the manual rule to run. This is a helpful way to create loops and if/then rules that trigger other events. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "David M" wrote: > What is the sub-process function in the workflow? > How do you set one up? > Why would you use it? > ...

Sub, Private Sub, Public Sub
I got a different lap top and when I moved my Personal.xls from one to the other some of my macros were not on the list of macros when you go to tools>macros. Although when I look in the code they are there. I figured out that the ones that were "Private Sub" macros were no working. I also figured that when I changed them to just "Sub" they worked. I do know that if "It aint broke don't fix it, cus to try is usually to fix it till it is broke." But what is the difference between "Sub", "Private Sub", & "Public ...

(Sub)totals
Hello everybody. I have the following problem: I have an Excel file with Column B 'Quantity' and column F 'Sector'. Now i need to count all the quantities within the same sector Sorting + AutoSum isn't an option, since the file has other calculations in it as well, that also depend on a sort. There's in my Dutch version a function 'DBSUM' and a function 'TURNTABEL.FETCH' ... these are translated terms, so I don't know if they match with English versions ... but could someone please tell me how these functions work, since i can't get them right (n...

Mailbox Management Process #2
What is the purpose of enabling the Mailbox Management Process on the Properties of the Mail Server? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188/en-us Nue "Jeff Shaw" <JeffShaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E06CE14-04D2-4DE0-BC02-1F2BF9148892@microsoft.com... > What is the purpose of enabling the Mailbox Management Process on the > Properties of the Mail Server? Thank You. "Nuevo" wrote: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188/en-us > > Nue > "Jeff Shaw" <JeffShaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Cascade current view to sub-folders
Hi, Is there any way I can set a custom View setting to a set of folders (e.g. set a view setting for a high-level folder and then have it cascade to all sub-folders)? By a custom View I mean the way that items in a folder shoud look - i.e. font settings and the like. Cheers, Stu ...

A way to create sub-categories?

Sub error
I have created this macro but everytime I run it the Columns it hides is incorrect. It hides FGHIJK it should only hide GHI. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Thank you for your help. Sub Done_Changes() ' ' Done_Changes Macro ' ' Range("G11:H50").Select Selection.Locked = True Selection.FormulaHidden = False ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=42 Range("G54:H58").Select Selection.Locked = True Selection.FormulaHidden = False ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=9 Range("G62:H74").Select Selection.Locked = T...

Are sub-totals able to be set to be bold automatically?
I have a large amount of sub-totals, which at the moment are not bold unless I do a manual job of making them so. Is there any way of automating this process in the sub-total procedure? You can use conditional formatting to bold the rows. There are instructions in Excel's Help files, and on the following page: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html Select the columns that contain the table Choose Format>Conditional Formatting From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is In the textbox, enter a formula that refers to a column in which the "Total" text appears...

Sub or Function not defined?!
In a further attempt to debug the disabled=false problem, I wrote out some enabling code in the subforms and call it from the parent. Here is the code in the subform... Public Sub UpdateFillsFormState(canEdit) QuantityField.Enabled = canEdit PriceField.Enabled = canEdit TaxField.Enabled = canEdit NetField.Enabled = canEdit If Me.RecordsetClone.recordCount > 0 And QuantityField.Enabled = True Then QuantityField.SetFocus End Sub Over in the main form I wait until I know the form is loaded and set up properly, then I do this... Public Sub SetupFillState() canEdit = isEditable() Call Update...

1099 processing #2
The entire 1099 funtionality is very poor. The system does not provide a way to track different boxes for different types of 1099. Example. 1099-Div you are required to report Box A - Qualitified Dividends and Box B Non-Qualified, however there are not any fields available to track this info when the transaction is posted in PM. I have had to run my 1099 Div on excel for the last 3 years. I would suggest that GP review the IRS requirements for 1099 reporting and provide the software with the required functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Filter by Form with sub form crash
Hi I'm having problems with filter by form causing access 2003 to shut down. Looking at the Northwind database the same thing happens. If a main form has "new additions" setting to no and has sub forms filter by form is used and the data serched on the main fom returns null ( eg some one filters Michal insted of Michael, access crashes. My own forms are linked to queries which results in not allowing "new additions" so this has the same effect in access shutting down. any adivce would be great -- with thanks Mike Mike, I just tried this in Access 2003 ...

disabling all menu and its sub menus
hi all, how to disable entire menu and its sub menus. i tried the following code it gets the Menu ID but is not disabling the menu items. HMENU hMenu; HWND hwnd = GetSafeHwnd(); hMenu = ::GetMenu(hwnd); int nCount=GetMenuItemCount(hMenu); for (int i=0;i<nCount;i++) { //get the sub menu HMENU hSubMenu=GetSubMenu(hMenu,i); //get the number of items in the submenu and disable them individually. int nSubItems=GetMenuItemCount(hSubMenu); for (int j=0;j<nSubItems;j++) { HMENU hSubMenu=GetSubMenu(hMenu,i);. int nSubItems=GetMenuItemCount(hSubMenu); EnableMenuItem(hSubMenu,G...

"unable to start processing services"
Every time I start Outlook, two things happen: 1) I get an error message that says "unable to start processing services." and 2) an errror box appears that gives me a choice to send an error report to Microsoft, and when I close the box (doesn't matter which option I check) Outlook closes and then opens again. The second time, I still get the processing services error message, but Outlook remains open. Does anyone know what is going on? Please respond to this message with a copy to my email address above. Thanks to anyone for their help. ...

Unable to Terminate Process #2
I want my program to be such, that the user is not able to stop it from the Task Manager. That is from Task Manager/Processes. Like in the case of 'services.exe ' it is a System runned process and the user cannot end this process..... on trying so....it shows the message.... "This is a critical system process. Task Manager cannot end this process" with the MessageBox having the caption "Unable to Terminate Process" I want my process to be like that.....How can I do that? Else....is there any way by which I can make my process invisible from the TaskManager/P...

Manuel CRM process Migrating to CRM 3.0
I was wondering if there is a way, or a best pratice guide that i could follow, to migrate all our invoices pricelist fax info and stuff to a newly build CRM server. curretnly all our data and customer info are on microsoft word and excel sheets including stock information and other stuff. we do not have a centralised database and everything is all stored on a file server. ...

Does anyone process large numbers of customer returns?
Our VAR just confirmed that the Returns Management module doesn't have the capability to electronically (rather than manually) input the receiving transactions. This is a deal-breaker for us, since we process large numbers of returns on a regular basis and it would be prohibitive for us to have an army of clerks entering the data. Do any of you currently process (or know of anyone that does) significant returns through GP? If so, how are they handled - manually, or do you have a third party solution to do so? Any info would be appreciated! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager H...

running a Sub in a class module from a functionin a general module
If I have a sub in the module for a form named frmActivity which contains a procedure named Sub cmd_close_form_Click() is there a way to call that Sub and run the procedure from a function in a general module? Thanks in advance, Paul "Paul" <begone@spam.com> wrote in message news:%23E1556FqKHA.5840@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > If I have a sub in the module for a form named frmActivity which contains > a procedure named > > Sub cmd_close_form_Click() > > is there a way to call that Sub and run the procedure from a function in...

How do I import sub.....
Ok, I have my personal contacts folder. It is called by default "contacts" I have out public contacts folder. It is called "IT contacts" How do I get the info from IT contacts into my personal contacts. I tried exporting a personal file, then importing it into my personal contacts, and it did, in a subfolder. I don't want it in a subfolder (my pda won't read it) I want it added to my personal contacts folder... make sense? Please help... jojo (Outlook 2000) Ctrl+drag and drop the individual items. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook ...