Strange error in CRM view

We have three CRM 4.0 servers using the same database. On one of the servers
on two occasions, the activity history view has started throwing exceptions.
The current activities can be viewed without problem.

I don't have the full detail of the exception to hand. However, it was of
the "Server cannot process request" variety.

If we issue an IISRESET, the problem goes away.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Richard;

You might have run into some database locking/blocking issues.  Activities
in CRM are problematic, especially when you have a large number of Outlook
clients that are automatically tracking email.  What happens is that each
time a client tries to track an activity record in the database, it tries to
obtain a lock in order to make its update.  When a lot of outlook clients
are active in the database, blocking situations can occur which might
prevent the views from reading the data until all the locks are released.

I'm not sure if you've tried RU2 yet - there was one fix that caught my eye
when I was reading the contents:

a.. Serializable connections are not reset to the Read Committed isolation
level. Therefore, when a transaction is committed, you may encounter locks
in Microsoft SQL Server.

That might help alleviate the issue (if that's your issue at all- the only
way to know would be to trace it in SQL).  Although, having read some
unflattering reviews or RU2 on this board, I'm hesitant to install it into a
production environment directly - best to UAT it first.

Dave Ireland

"Richard Carr" <richard.carr@threex.co.uk> wrote in message
> We have three CRM 4.0 servers using the same database. On one of the
> servers on two occasions, the activity history view has started throwing
> exceptions. The current activities can be viewed without problem.
>
> I don't have the full detail of the exception to hand. However, it was of
> the "Server cannot process request" variety.
>
> If we issue an IISRESET, the problem goes away.
>
> Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

0
direland (470)

GP Upgrade--9.0 to 10.0-Registration Error
I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license keys". HELP! Registration keys are not interchangeable among different versions of GP. If you are a customer, you will need to contact your partner for new registration keys, and if you are a partner, you can get new ones from VOICE. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, ...

Error accessing the OLE registry.
When using the Wizard to create a chart from a table which has 3 fields after selecting all 3 fields and choosing the default chart type I get the message :- Chart Wizard Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. If I then continue I get an overflow error message when clicking the Finish button and am forced to use the Cancel button to close the wizard. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be, and is it anything to do with having Access 2003 installed as part of Office 2003 Pro? Viv ...

error message with sum
(New user) In my spreadsheet, I have four columns, each with a 0 or a 1 in each cell. The last cell in each column is "total" with formula =SUM(A3:A68), with appropriate column letters for each particula one. The columns get totalled correctly, but each of the "total" cells has a green triangle. The error message is: "the formula in this cell refers to a range that has additional numbers adjacent to it." I'm not sure what this means. I can't seem to get anything from the help screens. If by "adjacent" Excel means the columns next to each other,...

default which Calendar to view when Outlook opens
Hello, In Outlook 2003 (Office 2003 Pro), is there a way to default which Calendar opens when Outlook opens. For example, if I wanted a Group Calendar (Public Folder) to open as the default Calendar when Outlook opens. Thanks, Mark Denver Outlook only offers folders available in your mailbox or personal folders for display when opening Outlook. Public folders or Group Calendars are not available. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will b...

time out error
I'm using a D-link router not a Linksys my out-going e- mails with attachments always time out. Using Outlook 2002 on XP. Can anyone help? ...

Business Portal Query Error
GP 10.0, BP 4, 2-IIS Servers running WNLBS, WSS 3.0, Separate SQL 2005 Cluster. I just installed the BP. It comes up and I can configure users/security, but I can not see any data on the Sales/CustomerSummary/CustomerList or Inventory/Items/ItemList - both lists show the message "Query Error." prefixed by a red-x-circle in the blue footer bar of the lists. I've searched thru the WSS trace logs when they are set to log everything, and do not see any errors reported. Help! Chris. Additional info: When I click on the red-x, I get this error description in a popup window:...

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Queue Views
I am using CRM 3.0 and want to add the column "regarding" for the task in our queue. How can I customize this view. ...

Second Attempt : Quote Template for Word (CRM 4.0)
Dear Forum Members: I have a hosted Microsoft CRM 4.0 application. I am trying to Print a Quote for my Customer in CRM (from Sales>Opportunities Area) and need a resource for creating a sample Microsoft Word mail merge template for quotes. I need either a Sample Quote Template or instructions on how to create one from scratchin Microsoft Word (with Data Source from CRM). If you can help, please let me know. Thanks! On Feb 27, 5:59=A0am, Casey <Ca...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Dear Forum Members: > > I have a hosted Microsoft CRM 4.0 application. I am try...

Redeployment Errors
I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 installation and I keep getting "...cannot grant access to the databases" error during the final step of installation. I'm installing with a user with administrative rights and made sure that user was in SQL with System Admin and DBO rights. Has anyone else experienced this? This can happen if you install CRM by copying files to disk from CD. Try installing from CD and use splash.exe. Also clear Enable LMHOSTS lookup check box in the tcp/ip properties. "Danielle Sturgess" wrote: > I am trying to redeploy a CRM 1.2 install...

error during Archive in Outlook 2003
Hello, Currently we use Outlook for archival of mail, looking to get a network archival to manage mailboxes across the LAN. I have Outlook 2003 set for the default archival --- run every 14 days. For people that don't need to retain mail the archival deletes mail greater than 6 months. Others that need mail retention, anything over 6 months in the mailbox is archived to a server on my LAN. I know MS does not support pst files over a network --- but I can not rely on the users to archive/manage their mailbox, and --- the pst files must be backed up, can't sit on thei...

New CRM Blog 11-11-05
http://infuseme2.blogspot.com/ -- --------------------------- Pierre Hulsebus - CRM Consultant http://www.ehtc.com/ehtc/infuse.htm Certified Integration Between Microsoft CRM to Microsoft Solomon ---------------------------- Hi Pierre! Pierre Hulsebus wrote: > http://infuseme2.blogspot.com/ Nice blog! Go on! I have been at a fair in Germany ("CRM-Expo" in N�rnberg) yesterday and I have talked to some salesforce.com-people who thought no end of themselves. >> From MSFT perpective I believe they can look at Salesforce.com as a great >> market research Agreed....

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Cannot install MS CRM 3.0c laptopclient
Hi, I'm trying to install the latest laptop client onto my PC, I uninstalled the previous client and also made sure I removed the old MSDE database, however on the prerequisites SQL Server Express (crm) fails to install given the error message: No encryption key is available. A well-known encryption key was returned. Various searches on the internet have not shed any light on what this error message means or how to resolve the problem, has anyone else encountered this? Jon Jon, to be able to help you, I need following info. 1. What is version of CRM laptop client? 2. What is your PC&...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Access 2007 Runtime Error 3075
I'm really confused. I have two databases which use similar code to build a select statement. One has been working (DB1), the other has not(DB2). As I was debugging DB2, I brought up DB1 to compare the VB code. Suddenly DB1 started showing the same error. I tried DB1 on another computer and it still works fine there. The database resides on a network server so I am testing the same code. The error message is : Run-time error 3075 Syntax error in date in query expression '[SR Number]='09-0035' AND [Date] BETWEEN #_/_/_# AND #_/_/_'. The code looks lik...

Reinstalled Microsoft CRM 3 & Now Can't Log On
I just reinstalled Microsoft CRM 3 and created new MSCRM and Metabase DBs. I then added one user and could log on. I then restored my MSCRM and Metabase DBs into the newly created MSCRM and Metabase DBs and when I try to log on I get the "Authentication Error. Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system." error. If I try to go to the Deployment Manager to add new users there I do not have the Add User option. The only time I had seen this sort of error before was when I had gone into SQL and put one of the main CRM DBs in single user mode. Any ideas as to what I need ...

Customize CRM
Hi Is it possible to make a copy of the entity Contact and call it Borger instead. The thing is that where it is labeled Contact we want to have Borger but we still want to have contacts but seperated from Borger. We also want some extra fields on the schema for Borger. Sorry if I'm unclear I guess you could export the Contact entity, then change the xml file to use for your Borger (change names, add fields) and then import your customization back into the system. You then have a new entity Borger based on the Contact entity. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmo...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Viewing 4 different graphs at once
HELP I have a workbook with 4 sheets. Each sheet has a graph on it. I want to show all 4 graphs on one sheet in a window pane environment. But I can't click on the chart and get it to allow me to do a Window - Split Any help would be greatly appreciatied Thank Kell Hi Kelly - Insert a blank worksheet. Right click on each chart in turn, select Location from the pop up menu, select the As Object option, and select the new sheet from the drop down list. When you've gotten all four charts onto the sheet, you can arrange them to your liking. If you hold down the Alt key while ...

Advanced Find
while giving criteria for Advanced find, if i select more than 13 number of users in the 'Value' field, i get an error as 'Error On Page'. for 13 and lesser number of values in the Value field, it is working fine. Please suggest a solution. Thanks in Advance ...

a compile error for reverse_iterator

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

I have passed CRM exam for 1 month, no certificate until today?
I have passed CRM exam for 1 month, no certificate until today? When Microsoft will send me a certificate? I'm in London, UK. Thanks, Jim it normally takes 30 days wait a bit past that then call in and they will send one congrats on passing the exam "CEO" <ceo_uk@msn.com> wrote in message news:86D8779E-2886-4401-B21B-B07B9671ADF1@microsoft.com... >I have passed CRM exam for 1 month, no certificate until today? > When Microsoft will send me a certificate? I'm in London, UK. > > Thanks, > Jim Thanks John, but which one I should call in? Microsoft...

Automation Error
I have Access-to-Excel automation trying to use 7 (seven) Worksheets. One worksheet ("DataSheet") receives the data from Access, & the other 6 are required to display 15 Charts each. All was fine w/ the using "DataSheet" & 5 Chart Worksheets, but adding the 6th Chart Worksheet & pasting in Charts which will have Cell References modified gives this... "No more new fonts may be applied in this Workbook". Apparently if I keep clicking each "instance" of this message, the Chart then is pasted & "appears" to be Working properly...