Strange Behavior with Default Values

For some odd reason, default values (those set within a
picklist or boolean field) do not show up on the print or
preview screens...

Can anyone provide me with an explanation and/or solution
to this anomaly?

-Justin
0
justin
7/10/2003 3:20:34 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How to calculate how many cells have a value of less than 3?
What formula can you use to get the total number of entries from within a range of cells that contain any value 3 or less? I have a large numbers of results in a spreadsheet (results can be anywhere from 1-10) and want to be able to easily get the total number of entries that are either 1,2, or 3. Thanks... =countif(a1:b99,"<=3") is one way. FISH wrote: > > What formula can you use to get the total number of entries from within a > range of cells that contain any value 3 or less? > > I have a large numbers of results in a spreadsheet (results can be any...

Set all check boxes values on form
Hi everyone, I have a table with 2 fields: Field1(Text box) and Fied2(Check box) in a form. What i want is a command button to set all Field2 check box to YES, and a command button to set all Field2 check box to NO Could anyone help me please???? -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano In the Click event procedure of the command button: Dim strSql As String If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False 'Save first strSql = "UPDATE [Table1] SET [Field2] = TRUE WHERE [Field2] = FALSE;" dbEngin...

default which Calendar to view when Outlook opens
Hello, In Outlook 2003 (Office 2003 Pro), is there a way to default which Calendar opens when Outlook opens. For example, if I wanted a Group Calendar (Public Folder) to open as the default Calendar when Outlook opens. Thanks, Mark Denver Outlook only offers folders available in your mailbox or personal folders for display when opening Outlook. Public folders or Group Calendars are not available. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will b...

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Default Degree of Parallelism on SQL Server 2005
Is there guidelines, suggestion or could somebody point me to articles which discuss how to determine the optimum degree of parallelism? I suppose the biggest factor is going to be cxpacket waits. My problem is how do I determine when cxpacket waits exceed the treshold. Thanks in advance RG (RG@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Is there guidelines, suggestion or could somebody point me to articles > which discuss how to determine the optimum degree of parallelism? > > I suppose the biggest factor is going to be cxpacket waits. My problem is > how do I de...

Replace values in chart
I have some 20 charts in one file linked to a sheet (Sheet A). Now I have to replicated these charts except that they now should be linked to another sheet (Sheet B). I dont want to individually go to each chart, right click and change the data source. Is there a simple way to do it, something like Ctrl H, wherein you replace all? Thanks in advance. Best Regards Make a copy of the first workbook, copy the data from sheet B onto sheet A, and the charts will now display the new data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, In...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Formatting Zero Values
I have a range of cells with numeric values, some of which are formulas. When the cell value is zero I would like to display a hyphen "-" rather than 0 or blank. Does anybody have a way to do this, preferably with a custom formatting that can easily be applied to each cell? Thanks, Kaval Hi use a custom format like 0;-0;"-" -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kaval" <Kaval@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1284DEDF-83D3-4439-BB04-F11A207AB3B6@microsoft.com... > I have a range of cells with numeric values, some of which ...

How do I check if Outlook is my default mail client
How do I check if Outlook is my default mail client? And if it is not how do I set it default? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults. And in IE: Tools | Internet Options | Programs. Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely different programs. You will get better help in an MS Outlook newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.General news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.configuration news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook.installation news://msnews.micr...

The most occurence of a value in a column
I have 1 to 5 as values in a column. How can I find the number with the most occurrence in that column? Thanks, cpliu Hi =MODE(A1:A100) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cpliu" <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns959C8C47C309BchanciusliuDeleteThi@130.133.1.4... > I have 1 to 5 as values in a column. How can I find the number with the > most occurrence in that column? > > Thanks, > > cpliu Try: =INDEX(A1:A5,MATCH(MAX(COUNTIF(A1:A5,A1:A5)),COUNTIF (A1:A5,A1:A5),0)) Array-entered, meaning press ctrl/shift/enter. H...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

Advanced Find
while giving criteria for Advanced find, if i select more than 13 number of users in the 'Value' field, i get an error as 'Error On Page'. for 13 and lesser number of values in the Value field, it is working fine. Please suggest a solution. Thanks in Advance ...

compare values and replace
Hi, I am trying to compare two values (part numbers) and copy a value from one column to another replacing the current value (cost). Not all values on the sheet will change. Could using one of the lookup functions help? (lookup the part number and return the cost). "Stephen" wrote: > Hi, I am trying to compare two values (part numbers) and copy a value from > one column to another replacing the current value (cost). Not all values on > the sheet will change. ...

Default send fornt within OWA
Is possible to setup OWA to default to our font house style for creating, reading and replying to messages? ...

why this strange result with vlookup
hi i have this formula in a cell =VLOOKUP(A3,'LookUp Data'!A2:O740,2,FALSE) but any time i pick a code from my list items in column A it gives #NA but as soon as i change to a different code it gives the name. any help why My best guess would be a data type mismatch. Looking up text in a column of numbers. When you change the value the type gets converted and the result is returned. Hard to say though based on yoru description. The ohter thig to look for might be blank characters padded at the end of the input. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Amin" wrot...

Screen saver to override default screen saver
I was given a PC with a screen save that I do not like and I don't have the permission to change it. I wonder if there are any screen savers software that can override the one ins display properties screen saver ? I thinking I can run the software in the background and it constantly reset the timer for the screen saver in the display properties so that it won't come on but itself has a timer which will lock and display photos that I want. Is there anything like that availabe ? Thanks. On 8/16/2010 2:40 PM, dingdongdingding wrote: > I was given a PC with a screen sav...

default NTFS permissions on system partition : everyone group in or out
When setting up a new server, is the Everyone group going to have full control to the C: drive (system partition) by default? This is a big problem when people who are not part of the domain can connect to C$ (if they know what they're doing). Can anyone think of a single good reason why Everyone should be allowed full access to the C: drive? (When we took the Everyone group out on the Exchange2k server, we ran into instant problems - users called to say that they had lost their connection to the server.) Thanks in advance. That is not true. NTFS permissions may be set to give ever...

Exchange 2007 OWA Default Domain
In 2003 it was easy to set a default domain for OWA by just typing it in and turning of integrated authentication. However this does not seem to work as slick in 2007 since it seems to turn off forms based authentication when you do this. Any ideas? Brad - Works for me. Set-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" -DefaultDomain "DomainName" - Get-OwaVirtualDirectory "owa (default web site)" | select *auth* InternalAuthenticationMethods : {Basic, Fba} ClientAuthCleanupLevel : High BasicAuthentication : True DigestAuthentication ...

DestroyWindow ASSERT problem....strange, strange!
Hi I have derived a dialog-class in a DLL (shared MFC) I can construct an object of this class in my app, and when overloading DoModal() and adding an AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); call, I can see the CMyDialog dialog. But here is the issue, I have a timer set for a certain time, it posts a message and the dialog has to be killed - so I use CDialog::OnCancel. Then DoModal calls DestroyWindow() - Here a copy of the m_hWnd is made in hWndOrig. #ifdef _DEBUG hWndOrig = m_hWnd; #endif Then m_hWnd gets set to Null by ::DestroyWndow (which calls OnNcDestroy). But later in Dest...

Strange behavior #3
Hello. I use Outlook 2003 with a internal pop/smtp server (Merak). Using Oulook 2003 (it's the case for all users in the company), when we send mails to internal addresses, in the recipient mailbox our address doesn't appear, we are considered as ghost users! But, if on the same PC we use another email client (Outlook express for example), the mail arrives with my address as sender! Does anyone feel a ghostbuster? Thanks by advance. ...

Default Calendar Permisions
Hello, I'm looking for a way to share every mailbox's calendar so that the default users has reviewer privileges. I know how to do it through Outlook, but getting every user (like me) to do it will be impossible. Any thoughts on default privileges, or a policy, or... something? Thanks Much There are solutions to do this here: http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm Note that SetPerm is free. :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Erin0" <erin0@comcastremovethis.andthis.nottomentionthis.ne...

changing default settings
Using Office 2003 /Outlook 2003. is there any way of changing the default dictionary in word to UK English (as opposed to US English) and the date settings in Outlook to the European settings - i.e. day/ month/ year (as opposed to month/day/ year)? Looked through options and can't see anything that will change them. thanks You can choose Dictionary language from Tools > Options > Spelling, the date settings are controlled via Control Panel > Regional Options "Jacksy" <denise@REMOVE THISukhome.net> wrote in message news:BZtGc.3524$Fc7.654374@stones.force9.net... ...

Modifying the Default GAB view
Hello, Is there a way to modify the default Global Address Book at the server level in Exchange 2003? Thanks What do you mean modify it at the server level? You can alter the filter to apply to just those mailboxes on any given server, if that's what you mean. Be more specific. Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "CB" <chadb@dentistryonline.com> wrote in message news:OQISiUQaEHA.524@TK2MSFTNGP09....