SQL RS

Yesterday, I installed SBS2003, SQL2005. In the process of installing CRM
3.0, I came across this error, and I am at a loss as to what I need to do.
Any Help???

 "Activating SQL Server Reporting
Services failed. Specified reporting services report server URL
https://server.domain.com/reportserver cannot be resolved to an IP. The
requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found."

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you install reporting service when you install SQL 2005?

If so, when you install CRM, you need to pick "connecting to existing
reporting service server".

CRM will install reporting service 2000 for you by default. So my guess is
you may installed reporting service 2005, and CRM is trying to install
reporting service 2000, which may lead to conflicts.

Min Fan
SDE Lead
Microsoft Dynamics CRM

"Min Fan [MFST]" wrote:

> Did you install reporting service when you install SQL 2005?
>
> If so, when you install CRM, you need to pick "connecting to existing
> reporting service server".
>
> CRM will install reporting service 2000 for you by default. So my guess is
> you may installed reporting service 2005, and CRM is trying to install
> reporting service 2000, which may lead to conflicts.
>
> Min Fan
> SDE Lead
> Microsoft Dynamics CRM

> "DougTX" wrote:
>
> > Yesterday, I installed SBS2003, SQL2005. In the process of installing CRM
> > 3.0, I came across this error, and I am at a loss as to what I need to do.
> > Any Help???
> >

> >  "Activating SQL Server Reporting
> > Services failed. Specified reporting services report server URL
> > https://server.domain.com/reportserver cannot be resolved to an IP. The
> > requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found."
> > Thanks for the advice. It sounds like I can't install the SQL2005 Reporting Services or is there a way to stop CRM 3.0 from loading 2000 by default? It sounds to me like I need to do an uninstal of CRM 3.0, uninstall SQL 2005 Reporting Services and then re-install CRM 3.0. Will Reporting Services 2000 work properly with SQL 2005. Thanks Again.
I would suggest installing Reporting Services separately first (if you run
into problems tryingt o install it as part of Microsoft CRM).

--
Ben Weeks
Business & IT Consultant

------=_NextPart_0001_87DBDBDC

"DougTX" wrote:
> It sounds like I can't install the SQL2005 Reporting Services or is
> there a way to stop CRM 3.0 from loading 2000 by default? It sounds
> to me like I need to do an uninstal of CRM 3.0, uninstall SQL 2005
> Reporting Services and then re-install CRM 3.0. Will Reporting
> Services 2000 work properly with SQL 2005. Thanks Again.

When you choose the "Use existing report server" option in CRM setup, the
installation of SRS 2000 is skipped.  This allows you to use SRS 2005
(which is a part of SQL Server 2000).

--
Tao Yue
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Lucida Console;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 "DougTX" wrote:
\par > It sounds like I can't install the SQL2005 Reporting Services or is
\par > there a way to stop CRM 3.0 from loading 2000 by default? It sounds
\par > to me like I need to do an uninstal of CRM 3.0, uninstall SQL 2005
\par > Reporting Services and then re-install CRM 3.0. Will Reporting
\par > Services 2000 work properly with SQL 2005. Thanks Again.
\par
\par
\par When you choose the "Use existing report server" option in CRM setup, the installation of SRS 2000 is skipped.  This allows you to use SRS 2005 (which is a part of SQL Server 2000).
\par
\par
\par --
\par Tao Yue
\par Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_87DBDBDC--

0
taoyue
5/9/2006 1:16:30 AM
Hi,

I've got the same error as DougTX, but it's from different scenerio.

"Activating SQL Server Reporting Services failed.
Specified reporting services report server URL
https://CRM1.AAA.com/reportserver cannot be resolved to an IP. The
requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found."

I have a Virtual Server with the host loaded on WindowXP.
Then inside the Window XP host, I have Windows SBS 2003 (CRM1) w/SP1 which
is installed SQL2000 w/SP4. Then when I install CRM3.0 for SBE on this
Virtual Machine, I've the error message above.

This virtual server has seperated domain with my production domain
(AAA.COM). But the "https://CRM1.AAA.com/reportserver" points to my
production domain.
I don't know why? I guest I might set up the Internet setup wrong somewhere.
But I look through everywhere, there is nothing linked to the production
domain.

Have anyone think of anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
dk.

"Tao Yue [MSFT]" wrote:

> "DougTX" wrote:
> > It sounds like I can't install the SQL2005 Reporting Services or is
> > there a way to stop CRM 3.0 from loading 2000 by default? It sounds
> > to me like I need to do an uninstal of CRM 3.0, uninstall SQL 2005
> > Reporting Services and then re-install CRM 3.0. Will Reporting
> > Services 2000 work properly with SQL 2005. Thanks Again.
>

> When you choose the "Use existing report server" option in CRM setup, the
> installation of SRS 2000 is skipped.  This allows you to use SRS 2005
> (which is a part of SQL Server 2000).
>

> --
> Tao Yue
> Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
I've experience the same exact problem as DK. SBS2K3 SP1 & SQL Server 2000
and SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Standard Edition were already
installed prior to CRM 3.0 installation.
One thing I noticed is that my computer name is a member of
domainname.local, while the error message is pointing to domainname.org. I
checked the DNS server (running on the server) and it only has a forward
lookup zone for domainname.local and not .org. Could this be the problem? If
so, can I just create a new zone for domainname.org and created a record for
mscrm.domainname.org?

Thanks

AA

"DK" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got the same error as DougTX, but it's from different scenerio.
>
> "Activating SQL Server Reporting Services failed.
> Specified reporting services report server URL
> https://CRM1.AAA.com/reportserver cannot be resolved to an IP. The
> requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found."
>
> I have a Virtual Server with the host loaded on WindowXP.
> Then inside the Window XP host, I have Windows SBS 2003 (CRM1) w/SP1 which
> is installed SQL2000 w/SP4. Then when I install CRM3.0 for SBE on this
> Virtual Machine, I've the error message above.
>
> This virtual server has seperated domain with my production domain
> (AAA.COM). But the "https://CRM1.AAA.com/reportserver" points to my
> production domain.
> I don't know why? I guest I might set up the Internet setup wrong somewhere.
> But I look through everywhere, there is nothing linked to the production
> domain.
>
> Have anyone think of anything I'm missing?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> dk.
>
> "Tao Yue [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > "DougTX" wrote:
> > > It sounds like I can't install the SQL2005 Reporting Services or is
> > > there a way to stop CRM 3.0 from loading 2000 by default? It sounds
> > > to me like I need to do an uninstal of CRM 3.0, uninstall SQL 2005
> > > Reporting Services and then re-install CRM 3.0. Will Reporting
> > > Services 2000 work properly with SQL 2005. Thanks Again.
> >

> > When you choose the "Use existing report server" option in CRM setup, the
> > installation of SRS 2000 is skipped.  This allows you to use SRS 2005
> > (which is a part of SQL Server 2000).
> >

> > --
> > Tao Yue
> > Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

open SQL store procedure from adp
I tried to open my store procedure from my SP I got following message from MS Access adp "ADO error: Invalid length parameter passed to substring function. The statement has been terminated" It is the only store procedure get message. It is a long stroe procedure. Does MS Access ADP has limit length of store procedure to open? The store procedure is able to open from Enterprise manager from SQL sever. Are there any solution for this? Your information is great appreciated, ...

retrieving sql:datatype in xsd #2
hi all, I need to read the xml schema file and retrieve the sql:datatype element value in the xsd file. The schema file format is below <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="safe_job" type = "xsd:string" sql:datatype="varchar(255)" /> </xsd:sequence> Can anyone give me a sample code to retrieve the value varchar(255) from sql:datatype and store it in a string using vb.net. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

Modify Custom View SQL Filter Tab
I am trying to create a custom view which filters my Outlook 2007 contacts by specific categories. I would like my custom view to show all contacts which include a category of Attorney, but exclude all contacts which include the categories of MIA, or KIA, or Client, or Craig's Friends, or Craig's Relatives. To do this I have used the Advanced tab to enter the above criteria into the views filter: ("urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" LIKE '%Attorney%' OR "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'MIA'...

Using Database Mail instead of SQL Mail
Hi everyone!!! Is it possible to use Database Mail instead of SQL Mail (MAPI) for sending Business Alerts in GP or is this a MAPI only funcionality. SQL 2005 recommends using Database Mail. Any insights? Thanks ...

SQL Help needed
I'm trying to zero the Reorder points and restock levels, for branch 2 and category 546. What's wrong with the statement below, it zero's everything for branch 2. UPDATE Itemdynamic SET itemdynamic.Reorderpoint ='0', itemdynamic.restocklevel ='0' FROM itemdynamic, item WHERE itemdynamic.storeid = '2' AND item.categoryID = '546'; This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C75C15.2134DE50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable You didn't join ...

SQL server process scheduling from GP 9.0
hi friends, I have created a stored procedure in ms sqlserver. i need to run this process after certain interval which i want to handle from G.P. i.e. i want to schedule this back end process to run after every 1 min. this i want to manage from G.P. 9.0 can anyone help me out thanks in anticipation ...

SQL Server not recognizing aliased table
I've recently upsized an Access b.e. to SQL Server 2000. Most of it is running great, with very few application modifications. However, I am having trouble with one report. The query that this report is based on is based on two subqueries (both of which run fine from within Access). However, when I try to run the reports query, I get an error message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The correlation name 'tbl_Nodes_1' is specified multiple times in a FROM clause. (#1011) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line1: Incorrect syntax near dbo. (#1...

Populate MFC Datagrid control from SQL Server
Hi, I am using the following code to transfer data from a SQL database to a MFC Datagrid control CCommand<CDynamicAccessor, CRowset> dbCommand; try { Recordset20Ptr spRs; ADORecordsetConstructionPtr spADOsCt; CDBPropSet propset(DBPROPSET_ROWSET); propset.AddProperty(DBPROP_CLIENTCURSOR, true); propset.AddProperty(DBPROP_IRowsetChange, true); propset.AddProperty(DBPROP_UPDATABILITY, DBPROPVAL_UP_CHANGE | DBPROPVAL_UP_INSERT | DBPROPVAL_UP_DELETE); CString sCommand; ...

How to manage SQL Server authentication in Access2007
I have an Access 2007 application using an MSSQL 2005 Database and Views. The SQL 2005 is using SQL Server authentication with a password. The ODBC connector is using the same password. On each activation of the Access aplication, I am requested to enter the sa user password (authentication) one or more times and this have become a hassle. How do I enter the SQL authentication password into the Access aplication such that it will enter the sa password whenever nessasary. your help is very wellcome Amos Sobel Hi, when you link tables - switch on "save password"...

SQL Server 2005 Express and RMS
Would RMS Store Ops work with SQL Server 2005 Express? We are looking for a low-impact version of SQL for use in our individual stores (do not want to setup a separate SQL Server machine), and currently are using MSDE for our Store Ops database during our corporate-office training and development. However, we are looking down the road, and if we can use this cutting-edge technology now instead of using MSDE and having to migrate to SQL Express later, so much the better. When the full version of SQL Server 2005 comes out, we are planning on migrating most of our corporate operations to...

Update Entity returning 80044151, SQL Server Timeout Error
In a workflow, I am updating a custom field with a Date value and am getting an 80044151, SQL Server Timeout Error. I have even tried moving the current Date/Time to a Dynamic value using the Date adder and then updating the value using that with no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. Ken Longcrier Paperless Business Systems In More Information: Workflow Name: Test Workflow Entity: Order Triggering event: Manual Manual Rule if Order.Created On not null then Add date and time:Base Date {Order.Created On + 0} Add date and time:Lower Bound {Base Date...

Global Accept List
Using -- Windows 2003 Standard & Exchange 2003 SP2 I am having a problem, since my last update, with my RS/6000 sending messages. Before that all worked correctly! All messages are ending up in the IMF Archives? If I put the IP address in the Global Accept List (Rs/6000 not mail server) will it force the messages to be accepted? Do I use the internal Static IP of the RS/6000 or do I use the From: IP address - which is our registered domain? Thx On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:32:52 -0500, "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote: >Using -- Windows 2003 Stan...

SQL Network Connection Error
Everyday, at around the same time, usually between 5-6pm, conveniently after I already went home we get a 'Database Connection lost, application will be closed, error # 2147467259.' I followed the SQL checklist Jeff provided, but it seems to be something else... Is this an auto close problem? I checked the main server database and this is set to off. Does this have to do with the offline databases, or the fact that some machines are running different versions of SQL? We have about 20 machines with RMS installed, so I wonder if it's one particular machine, any way t...

Report showing #Error on a valid SQL View
I have an Access app with an SQL Server backend. One report is based on a VIEW. When I run the view alone all the data is visible. But when I run the report, I get #Error on one field. The field is numeric. However, the RecordSource property of the textbox is: [MyNumericFieldFromSQLView]/32 What's strange is that when I remove the division by 32, the #Error disappears. What I need to do in the report is divide the value from the view by 32. I cannot modify the view because it is not an option. Any help? Thanks ! It is possible that the field is a text field that is...

SQL Server 2005: Job resheduling
Hi Let's assume there is a Sql Server database with contains a stored procedure. Sql Server Agent has a job, which runs this stored procedure. The shedule for this job is defined as: Shedule: recurring, occurs daily, once at SomeHour; Duration: start date 1. January of next year, no end date. Now whenever the job has run successfully (in next year), the start date for this job has to be reset to current start date + 1 year- so it isn't sheduled in this year anymore. With other words: the job must be successfull once in year, at first moment it has a chance for it. ...

SharePoint SQL optimization "insert bulk"
Recently, i have been looking for ways to optimize Sharepoint's performance on my SQL Server. I noticed that a particular statement was creating a lot of waits and it was: insert bulk dbo.MSSSessionExistingDocs("DocId" int) I caught that in the Profiler via "SQL:StmtCompleted/Started". Can someone tell me what the statement is doing? I do not recognize its syntax. Thanks. -- The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing! (Jn 6:63) BlueSky (BlueSky@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Recently, i have been looking for ways to optimize S...

Migrating both SQL & CRM to a new server
Hi, I am currently looking into the procedures to migrate all the CRM data from an OLD machine to a NEW machine.Currently both SQL 2000 SP3 and CRM are installed on the OLD machine running Windows 2003 Std Server Edition. We are to retire the OLD one and want to move everything to the NEW. I have installed SQL 2000 SP3 on Windows 2003 Server (non-SBS) already. Since I cannot install CRM on the NEW one without uninstalling CRM on the OLD first. I am wondering if the following steps will work: 1) Copy everything in <systemdrive>:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Crystal Decisions\Enterprise...

Access 2007 FE/SQL 2005 BE
I have a database with a frontend that was built in Access 2000 and at the time we set it up with a SQL 2005 backend. Recently we upgraded to Access 2007. SQL however was not upgraded. Is there any known issues with the compatibility between these 2? We have been experiencing system shutdowns and fatal errors. The frontend was not converted to 2007. We have also recently increased the amount of users and data sent to the database. Any thoughts? ?More specifics? How many users? How much data? Does each use have his/her own copy of the front-end, or are they &qu...

SQL 2000 to SQL2005 upgrade
We have planned an upgrade from SQL2000 to SQL2005 this weekend, Is there any concerns for Dynamics or anything special I have to do after the upgrade to SQL2005? I understand there is a new ODBC connection I have to install (native client) on each workstation to connect to the SQL2005. Any other setting in SQL2005? thanks -- Doug Security in SQL 2005 is ridiculously tight. I ended up having to re-create all of my user accounts because they didn't transfer over properly when I did the upgrade. I still have users that can't log in to FRX and on the FRX discussion board I&#...

can not open sql server w/crystal reports
When trying to run the Register Analysis Report, I get the message "can not open sql server". The other crystal reports seem to be ok. Any ideas? sorry, register analysis report works, it's the "End of day" report that gives this message... "360" wrote: > When trying to run the Register Analysis Report, I get the message "can not > open sql server". The other crystal reports seem to be ok. Any ideas? 360, What "End of Day" report? The one from DRS? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook...

MS Query automatically fully qualifying SQL Select Statement
Hi, MS Query is fully qualifying my SQL Select statement which I a manually creating using the Get External data function in Excel to get data fro SQL Server e.g. select * from person changes to select * fro dbo.databasename.person person Is it possible to stop this happening or is there a different way I ca use the Get External Data function to get data from SQL Server? I want to distribute the xls file with the queries but the databas name may not be the same on other client machines. Table structure / login i always the same. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

RMS 1.3 and SQL SERVER 2005 YUKON... good combination?
Hi, i only want to know if rms runs as it should be under SQL 2005? Thanks in advance. Aldo RMS 1.3 refresh 1 adds SQL 2005 support. although I've seen posts that people have used previous versions like 1.2, 1.3 with no problems. -- Total Communications "Aldo" wrote: > Hi, i only want to know if rms runs as it should be under SQL 2005? > > Thanks in advance. > > Aldo thanks!!! "Ron Reyes" wrote: > RMS 1.3 refresh 1 adds SQL 2005 support. although I've seen posts that people > have used previous versions like 1.2, 1.3 with no prob...

Sql Server / Access query source code
Is there any compatibility between the queries from Access and Sql Server? Like I have a system that needs to migrate the database and the queries from the source code, I can use DTS to migrate de database from Access to Sql Server but what about the queries? Will Sql Server understand them or I'll have to change it manually? The answer is, it depends. Some query types are not supported, but straightforward SELECT queries are essentially the same in Access-SQL and Transact-SQL. However, if you use expressions, VBA functions, form references or other Access features in your quer...

SQL Error 22050. SQL2008
Hi, We just upgrade from SQL2005 to SQL2008 and I am getting the errors below in scheduling the Job. It was ran fine in SQL 2005. I try to google but no specific resolution. I guess there was something due with @Query parameter. Does any has seems this error before and how to fix it. Thanks in advance. Error Message: Executed as user: MHC\SQLService. Error formatting query, probably invalid parameters [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22050). NOTE: The step was retried the requested number of times (1) without succeeding. The step failed. --Testing.. DECLARE @AME...

Save a query as an SQL Statement into a Table
I have a couple of different ways of producing mailing lists from forms in my database. Users don't have access to the database window. Once the list is created users can save the list by typing a new name for the list into a text box and the end result is saved as a table with this name with a Make Table Query. My thinking is that it would be better for users to be able to save these lists as SQL Statements. These could be stored into a table as presumably this would use up less less space and would save having a lot of tables with duplicate data. Can someone help me with a way of...