SQL Instance name/Server Name Error when trying to install CRM 5 in Amazon EC2

I have two instances in EC2; one for CRM and one for SQL.  I get this
message when I run through the system checks installing CRM:

"The instance name must be the same as computer name."

SSRS works fine and everything else is also in place.  I ran the
sp_dropserver and sp_addserver queries to confirm that the instance
name is set to exactly the same as the FQDN of the server.  I also
started up an ODBC connection from the CRM server and confirmed it had
a valid connection to the SQL databases on the SQL server.

What am I missing here?  Please help!
0
jessewimb (1)
11/10/2011 7:07:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Tough One, trying to count occurences of string based on string in separate column
Hi, For every occurrence of a string in Column A, say "question2", I'd like to count the number of times the string "satisfied" appears in Column B for the same row. The answer would be 1 for the following data. i.e. "satisfied" occurs "1" time for all of "question2's. I would like to be able to add data and sort it and the formula still work. I would locate the data on a separate worksheet from the output of the formula. question1 not-satisfied question2 satisifed question1 not-satisfied question2 not-satisfied question1 ...

like query using field name
Hi All I have a column 'staffnumber' (int) and another column 'Resourceid' (nvarchar) in a table in sql server 2005 express I want to do a query to find rows where the staffnumber value is not in the Resourceid field e.g select mydate, customerid from appointments where Resourceid not like '%[staffnumber value]%' in other words the 'staffnumber' column value for each row is NOT in the 'Resourceid' column value Can this be done? Regards Steve Steve declare @par nvarchar(20) set @par='staffnumber' select my...

COMException: The file name is too long
I created a COM+ post callout for MSCRM and up until now there have been no problems. In helping a business partner we've run into a problem where when an MSCRM object (Account, Contact, Opportunity, etc.) is saved, MSCRM produces an error saying "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The file name is too long". The MSCRM record saves fine but the post callout code is not run at all. The problem is occuring on a Win 2K3 server so my best guess is that there is some security option I've overlooked but I've previously tested this on Win2K and 2K3 servers successf...

mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large
Hello - I have a client who can't email us. Everytime he does, it bounces back to him and he gets this error message: <IHA4.IHA-CENTRAL.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not >> taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL >> FROM:<Mike_O'Donnell@theirdomain.com>> I found this link: http://www.faqs.org/qa/rfcc-193.html FW: DELIVERY FAILURE: 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large. Apostrophies (') not supported in smtp address (reply to) by recepient server. So, looking at the erro...

Publisher 2004/5?
Is there any informed speculation about when the next Pulisher upgrade will be released? Informed spectulation? <snicker> -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ad2201c46849$c70a5160$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any informed speculation about when the next > Pulisher upgrade will be released? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.718 / Virus Database: 474 - Release Date: 7/9/2004 The next release of Offic...

Keep Installing KB977165
I have installed KB977165 9 times on my laptop from Feb9-Mar7, but every time I check for updates through Windows Live One Care it keeps showing up. Can I place this on ignore list or is it critical? On 2010-03-09 1:40 p.m., diverman wrote: > I have installed KB977165 9 times on my laptop from Feb9-Mar7, but every time > I check for updates through Windows Live One Care it keeps showing up. Can I > place this on ignore list or is it critical? It isn't critical, but it would be preferable to have. Is this a Windows XP laptop? If so, see "Known Issues with thi...

Domain name msoffice.com.xx (Is it legal?)
I've searched through the web & found "msoffice.com.ua" being a registered entity in Russia. I intend to register a domain name also using "msoffice.com.<<our country>>" for Microsoft office consulation purpose. Microsoft itself is using "office.microsoft.com". Eventhough we click to "msoffice.com", it will still point to "office.microsoft.com". Does anybody know if the public can REALLY legally use "msoffice.com.<<our country>>" as a domain name? ...

Trying to update to Outlook 2003 distroyed my computer
And, there's no help from MS to get it back the way it was. I've tried restoring, removing outlook but now when ever I try to use a windows component, I get a windows setup or windows install dialog box and it's never able to find what ever it's looking for. I can't even go into add remove windows components. My mail files were totally messed up and finally had to uninstall all my office apps to even get the search files and folders to open without the windows install dialog box. Because of all the updates, I can't even use my Windows xp pro CD to try to repair the dam...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

file recovery #5
If a file has changes made and has been saved and/or renamed, is there any way to revert to the old document or recover the old document? I am desperate. Using Office 2003. If it's been renamed using File/Save As..., the original file will be untouched since the last save. If the file was saved, however, unless you had it set to automatically create a backup, you're probably out of luck. In article <34d201c471a0$7400c4d0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "rhonda" <cheers1050@aol.com> wrote: > If a file has changes made and has been saved and/or > renamed, is ...

sql summarizing help

Project Server Cube Build Issue
I think I screwed up the install order on the SQL DMO components. According to MSDN: " At this time, do not use the feature packs for SQL Server 2008 to install and download these components, as those files will not allow you to build cubes in SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with Project Server 2007." However, I didn't read that carefully enough and installed the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects Collection instead of the 2005 version. Now I can't install the 2005 version even if I uninstall the 2008 version. The setup fails with the "highe...

Sort column with first and last name by last name
Hello, I have a mailing list with 10,000 names. The first cell has first an last name in the same cell. First name is listed first. Is there formula to sort and/or separate text in a cell. I would like to sort o separate the first name from the last in the cell to allow for a mai merge by name. Using Excel 2002. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have just first and last names separated by a space, Data>Text to Columns would be the easiest method to split into two columns. If more than that, like names with van or von or de etc. you may need a different m...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Uninstall CRM, but retain data?
I'm having so many problems with CRM (too many crazy asp.net errors) that instead of spending all my time troubleshooting, I'd like to uninstall and reinstall. However, I have data in my CRM. Not a huge amount of data, but I have 4 userss in there with say, 100 contacts and other information in there each. I know all that info resides in the SQL DB too. Is there a way, that if I uninstall CRM, can I preserve that data and possibly import it back in once I get a new CRM running? Never created any custom anything. Our CRM was pretty much default all the way. I'd hate to ...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

Formula error #8
Hi, I'm new (still) so I'm sure this is easy, but I can't suss it. I have this formula to add the total sum (in £) from certain cells. The problem is if some of the cells have no value in them I get an error #value my formula is : =IF(ISBLANK(K4),"",SUM(R4+R6+R8+R11+R14+P17)) any help apreciated If one of the cells in the SUM range accidentally has a blank space entered, you'll get that value. anyway then to count a blank space as zero?? "Dave O" wrote: > If one of the cells in the SUM range accidentally has a blank space > entered, you&...

Outlook 2003
I just upgrade my MS Office Professional to 2003, with the downloaded service pack. Since then, I get an error message when I try to close Windows XP Professional that the "CiceroWndFrame" has failed to respond, do I want to "End Now". I'm also getting an Outlook icon displayed on the lower right toolbar. I'm running Norton Internet Security 2004 and have downloaded and installed every Microsoft Security Patch and Update. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to eliminate the message? Thanks, JoeG Dearborn, MI ...

How to get the file title name?
Hello to all, Given the following full file name: "C:\Temp\Directory\File.dat" Is there a way to get the title name "File" from the full file name? Thank you, Geo >Given the following full file name: "C:\Temp\Directory\File.dat" >Is there a way to get the title name "File" from the full file name? You can use the _splitpath() function. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Here are some functions that may be useful for you. You have to include Shlwapi.h and .lib. Tom #define BACK_SLASH _T("\\") // // Returns the file...

CRM 1.2 Customization Import Cannot Find Webserver
When trying to import customizations into a new blank deployment of MSCRM 1.2, the list where you select the webserver to publish to is blank. I have manually tried to hit the add button, but the system just seems to hang there. I have let it run for over 3 hours without a result. The CRM application runs and works fine, webserver, exchange and sql are all the same Windows 2003 Server via VMWARE. -- Christopher Cognetta Principal Architect / Owner www.cognologysolutions.com the crm web server list in 1.2 was i think populated by a crmsecuritygroup entry under the computer accound in ...

Windows 7 does not do a clean install
I have an AMD Quad core with 8 GB RAM, Two Hard drives (640 GB, and one TB Hitachi). I have WIndows Vista Home Premium installed on the 640 GB, but am having a difficult time reinstalling WIndows 7 Ultimate on either the 640 GB or the 1TB. After the installation gets to the "Expanding files" section and on to completing the installation, the machine reboots but all I see is a blank screen and am forced to start the process over again. SOmetimes after so much oercentage of expanding files I get an error code:0x800700003. Does anyone understand this problem? Submitted via E...