SQL error as i restored the database

there is an error happened when i restored the original database.  The hand
under the MSCRM and Metabase disappeared when i finished restoring the
database, which means the replication does not work any more. Also, i can't
log in to CRM server any more even the admin user.

any one get the idea to restore the database in the right way which the hand
under both database will not disappear or how to backup the database
correctly?

thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

When backing up CRM databases you should ensure the CRM services are
stopped.

Are you restoring to the same machine in the same domain?

The following document has a section about enabling replication for the
databases:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=e1a00070-2e5a-410a-881f-d859f8474933&displaylang=en

"jerry" <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> there is an error happened when i restored the original database.  The
hand
> under the MSCRM and Metabase disappeared when i finished restoring the
> database, which means the replication does not work any more. Also, i
can't
> log in to CRM server any more even the admin user.
>
> any one get the idea to restore the database in the right way which the
hand
> under both database will not disappear or how to backup the database
> correctly?
>
> thanks

0
daniel

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Restoring Exchange 5.5 from tape
Hi, we have an exchange 5.5 WinNT4 Server, we have a, c, d, e, h drives, the main priv.edb and pub.edb is on the e drive. We use backup exec (Veritas) to restore, but what should we make sure we do to make the restore successful. I will build a WinNT 4 server with the same partitions, run Exchange 5.5 with SP4, run the optimizer to mirror whats on the live server, is this enough? Regards Andy You may need the Exchange Agent in Veritas to do a complete restore. Simply restoring flat files may not bring everything back 100% Add the Exchange Agent and do then do a backup with that...

0x8004210A error message
When will this hotfix be available to download. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 827349 OL2002: You Receive 0x8004210A, 0x800CCC0B, and=20 0x8004210B Error Messages When You Send and Receive E-Mail Message with a POP3 E- Mail Account View products that this article applies to. SYMPTOMS If you use a Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) e-mail account=20 to try to send and receive e-mail messages in Microsoft Outlook 2002, you=20 may receive one of the following error messages: Task 'smtp server name - Sending and Receiving' reported=20 error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out wait...

IM ODBC MS Access 'read permissions' error
I am stumped. This is the first time I'm using IM with Access as the source; I never have any trouble with other sources but can't get this to work: I'm trying to set up IM using Access DB query as the source. I seem to be able to make the connection with the DB no problem as I can select from the list of tables from the datasource, however, IM is "unable to obtain column info..." with the following error returned by ODBC "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'qry...'." The login/pw I used in the ...

How do I find out why? Error 3251
Here is a snippet of code which fails with error 3251: Operation is not supported for this type of object. Set rstPay = db.OpenRecordset("Payments") 'open table 1 side Set rstInv = db.OpenRecordset("Invoices") 'open table many side rstPay.MoveFirst rstInv.MoveFirst With rstPay Do Until .EOF ... strRef = !Ref 'PK in Payments (same spelling FK in Invoices) ===> rstInv.FindFirst "Ref = " & strRef 'find first matching invoice With rstInv Do Until .EOF ... Lo...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

sql summarizing help

Outlook 2000 error?
Our Microsoft Outlook cannot stay open on the server, it keeps coming up with this error that I cannot find anywhere! It says: Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x3f99a142 So? Anyone have any earthly idea of what that means and what can be done about it? Thank you! What kind of server? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Pinkitty asked: | Our Microsoft Outlook c...

Money backup restoring
Hi I recently formatted my PC and have reinstalled money 2005 from the CD but I cannot restore my money backup. I have read that this is because it was created with a new version and to create a new data file. I did this. It does not prompt me to update anything. It updates the stock quotes etc but theres nothing about updating the program. How can I force an update? This is driving me insane. Help about says I have version 14.0.120.805. I believe the last number should be bigger. Why does Microsoft not post updates for the supported version of money on their site?! Or at the very lea...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Outlook 2003
I just upgrade my MS Office Professional to 2003, with the downloaded service pack. Since then, I get an error message when I try to close Windows XP Professional that the "CiceroWndFrame" has failed to respond, do I want to "End Now". I'm also getting an Outlook icon displayed on the lower right toolbar. I'm running Norton Internet Security 2004 and have downloaded and installed every Microsoft Security Patch and Update. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to eliminate the message? Thanks, JoeG Dearborn, MI ...

limit on new database query?
Hi I am trying to create an olap cube to export to another product, however when I use the new database query to bring the data into excel (from another excel table) I only get 1440 rows. Is there any reason or way to change this limitation? Thanks Doug ...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

Formula error #8
Hi, I'm new (still) so I'm sure this is easy, but I can't suss it. I have this formula to add the total sum (in £) from certain cells. The problem is if some of the cells have no value in them I get an error #value my formula is : =IF(ISBLANK(K4),"",SUM(R4+R6+R8+R11+R14+P17)) any help apreciated If one of the cells in the SUM range accidentally has a blank space entered, you'll get that value. anyway then to count a blank space as zero?? "Dave O" wrote: > If one of the cells in the SUM range accidentally has a blank space > entered, you&...

Copy Object = File Not Found Error
I'm working in XP and and developed a Database in Access 97. There was a push to upgrade. Now we're using Access 2003 and we converted the database to Access 2000. The new problem: I had developed some code to look for a Report by name and if it was not found, simply copy a specific Report and name it accordingly. This all worked fine in 97. In the new setup I receive an Microsoft Visual Basic error: File not found (Error 53). The path in the error message points to a temp folder and file called VBCxx.TMP. the x's change each time. If I go to that folder before I ex...

Error
Hi All, I have exported some data to Great Plains 7.0.After posting the transaction, I try to go to the Bank Deposits Screen and delete a deposit, it asks me "are you sure you want to delete this deposit?" i click yes, and it appears to delete it, but when i re-open the screen it is still there. any ideas? Thanks, Kunkel By pressing the Delete button you are deleteng the document that you are capturing, you not are deleting the deposit. What you must do is in the "Option" field choose "Enter/Edit" and in the "Type" field choose "Clear Unuse...

Indexing Server error on CRM
The following error appears after a reboot of CRM. Does CRM need Indexing Server running? Event Type: Error Event Source: Ci Event Category: CI Service Event ID: 4127 Date: 29/11/2007 Time: 6:42:16 PM User: N/A Computer: xxx Description: Content index on c:\inetpub\catalog.wci could not be initialized. Error 3221225477. CRM does not need indexing server to be running unless you use the online help ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "PeterB" <PeterB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

error message exiting outlook 2003
On exiting Outlook 2003, I get a message that says "The instruction at 0x7c910f2b referenced memory at 0x0bcd5c4c. The memory could not be read" Any ideas? -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com Does this also happen when you disable your add-ins? What is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Offic...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

Running server reporting errors
Hi Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening regularly. A process serving application pool 'CRMAppPool' terminated unexpectedly Appreciate any help or pointers. Regards After moveing to v3 mine did this too... and recovered.. after rebooting itself! PeteC wrote: > Hi > > Anyone seen this before - taken from the application log on an SBS 2003 > server. Server does recover from this but this seems to be happening > regularly. > > A process serving application po...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...