Some CRM Appointments not synching in outlook

Hi,

I have a situation where some CRM appointments are not synching in outlook.
They users are the owners of the appointments, and they are able to sync
other appointments fine.

Any ideas?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Sophie,

For the appointments that don't sync, is the user also one of the 'Required'
resources in the Appointment record?

"SophieK" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a situation where some CRM appointments are not synching in outlook.
> They users are the owners of the appointments, and they are able to sync
> other appointments fine.
>
> Any ideas?
Hi Shafraz,

They weren't in the required field, but they are the owners of the
appointments, and they are having other appointments synchronizing when they
aren't in the required field.
I have done a test and adding them to the required field but it still won't
synchronize...

Thanks

"Shafraz Nasser" wrote:

> Hi Sophie,
>
> For the appointments that don't sync, is the user also one of the 'Required'
> resources in the Appointment record?
>
> "SophieK" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a situation where some CRM appointments are not synching in outlook.
> > They users are the owners of the appointments, and they are able to sync
> > other appointments fine.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Outlook Express Needs to be Opened Twice
The first time I open Outlook Express it connects and down loads my messages. The next time I open it it doesn't connect. I then close it and the next time I open it it connects and downloads messages if I have any. How can I fix this? Hi, This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windo...

Split window in Outlook 2003?
Hello! I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? -- Andreas Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that > you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that >...

How to share a Calender but hide all the appointments' details?
Hello, Some of our users want to share their Calendar with other users but don't want them to see the details of their appointments. What permissions to they have to give people to accomplish that? They don't want to mark all their appointments as private. The people who are to be given access want don't want to have to schedule a meeting just to see the free/busy details - they want a shared Calender a couple of clicks away in their folder list. Any advice appreciated. Thanks, - Alan. Then they shouldn't share their calendar at all. Free/busy is separate = (and automati...

Outlook to Intranet Transfer
Are there any tools out there that will automatically archive emails sent to a distribution group to an intranet site? We actively use several distribution groups however there is no central repository for the messages so there is no means by which to retrieve them for future reference. The idea of a creating a forum on our intranet is being thrown around but I thought that maybe a tool that would dump the messages into a searchable database maybe more convenient. Thanks! T. Dang <REMOVE*trent.dang@gmail.com*REMOVE> wrote: > Are there any tools out there that will automatically ...

Exam Certification CRM
Hi, I made the CRM's courses. I'm preparing for the exam certification. Do Anybody know any material to prepare it? I'm looking for test exams or something like? Because I just have the exam's material. Thanks for your help. Santi There do not appear to be any sample exams. The only material is the documentation (ie the user guide and the implementation guide) and one Que book (using MS CRM, as well as playing with the application as much as possible. Gill >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I made the CRM's courses. I'm preparing for the exam &...

MS Outlook contacts
I had MS outlook on another computer and it crashed. I got a new one and installed outlook and all of my contacts are not there along with my address book. How do I get them back You installed Outlook on a new computer and expected all your Outlook data would just magically appear? Did you do nothing to backup and transfer your Outlook data? Surely you've left some details out in your post or you wouldn't even be asking this question. You would know your Outlook data is gone. -- Russ Valentine "Starvyun Shepherd" <Starvyun Shepherd@discussions.microsoft.com...

Outlook 2003
I added the newsreader to the Go menu. It worked. I rebooted at some point and now the news item is not on the go Menu and it is not avaible to be added. Will I have to restore my system to an earlier date or is there an easier way to add it back. I have no problems working in the registry. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No ...

Outlook 2003
I have just installed Outlook but when attempting to send a message I get two error messages Ox8004210A and B. Both indicate timeout in connecting to the server. I have at other times had messages indicating a failure to connect to the Internet. However, I am using the same PC to connect to the Internet with Internet Explorer and Outlook Express quite successfully. I have checked the setup for email within Outlook several times. I can see no error. We have two PCs linked by Ethernet cable. One is the ICS host and the PC with the problem is the ICS client. Windows Firewall is active on t...

Outlook Express Newsreader
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C47AE0.E7380E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, My question applies to the Outlook Express Newsreader. Actually, I have = two questions. I do use "Outlook" for my e-mails, but the only news = reader in my computer that I knew would be in it was "Outlook Express = Newsreader". Does Outlook have it's own newsreader, or does everyones = newsreader default to the one that's with Express? Also, for some reason my mes...

Disable login prompt on clients while migrating to outlook 2k3 using Cache mode
We are currently upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003. Are current settings have the password authentication set to none. So every user has to login to Outlook. We are setting the new configurations to migrate existing settings. We had to set a global policy to force everyone to use cache mode. However, after migrating the accounts are still requesting for username and password. Does anyone know how to disable the "Prompt for user name and password" option in Outlook? The other issue is that when a user see's this screen it wants them to authenticate to the exchange ser...

Outlook hangs randomly
My Outlook hangs -- sometimes on opening, sometimes on send/receive, sometimes for no apparent reason. Since it just stops responding, it doesn't give me an error message so I have no code to look up. Any ideas? Thanks. I am having the same problem. I just loaded the new 'security patch' from microsoft. Could this be the cause? >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook hangs -- sometimes on opening, sometimes on >send/receive, sometimes for no apparent reason. Since it >just stops responding, it doesn't give me an error >message so I have no code t...

How do I delete attachments from received emails in Outlook 2007?
In Outlook 2003 you can click on an attachment in an email that you have received and delete or remove it. It doesn't seem that this is possible in Outlook 2007. It still works in 2007. Open message, right click on attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How ...

Outlook 'send/receive' button produces msg: "the operation failed"
Re: MS Outlook I can not depress my SEND/RECEIVE button without receiving the message "the operation failed". This has only happened today and although I automatically receive and can send msgs (as predetermined my pc checks every 5 mins) I can not use manually. Driving me crazy. Can someone help me? BJ ...

outlook express #192
looking for more help >-----Original Message----- >On 16 Apr 2004 20:44, "jakeal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >>WHEN I SEND FILES TO THE OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 I CAN'T OPEN THE >>ATTACHMENTS,BUT WHEN I SEND THEM MICROSFT OUTLOOK 97 NO PROBLEMS.THE >>PROGRAM IS KODAK EASY SHARE SOFTWARE.SOMEBODY TOLD ME HAS TO DO WITH >>SECURITY.CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN FURTHER.THANKS > >Tools | Options | Security... > >-Ben- >Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote >http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr >http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/bschor...

Outlook running very slow
Runnng Outlook 2000 and I have about 2,000 contacts. Outlook moves slow in my opinion and contacts do not open up immediately as they should. Are there any suggestions? Can I reindex data in any way or does anyone have an opinion on number of contacts. ...

Outlook Express problem #12
When I look at webmail I get all the context of my emails. When I look at the emails from outlook express on my home PC they are all blank. Can anybody shed some advice on how to correct this problem so I can see and read my email at home once again? Thanks Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly St...

Unable to configure outlook client in a new Child Domain
We've been running our Exchange 2003 server for almost a year now in a single domain forest. This past week we created 2 child domains and created some new account in them and mailbox-enabled them. The problem is every time we go to configure the Outlook profile, for the users in the new child domain, we keep getting "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list" There are no AD replication problems, we can map drives to and from machine in each domain. I've even created a share on the mail server to make sure everyone can get t...

CRM on Office 2003
Hi everyone, Currently MS CRM is not supported on Outlook 2003. After installing the software and starting Outlook you get an error "Microsoft CRM folders cannot be installed". I found that every time I close and open Outlook (after saying no to not disable the add-in), 1 more folder is added to the Microsoft CRM Folders. I did this about 13 times and it added all the folders required. After that I could see the toolbar and it looks like everything is working fine. Regards Shane Coetser lol thats persistence "Shane Coetser" <shanec@oakwell.co.za> wrote in m...

Import from Excel to Windows live outlook
How to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Windows live Outlook No such animal as "Windows live Outlook". There is Microsoft Outlook, and you will find the option under File, Import and Export. And there is Windows Live Mail, and there you could probably look in Help or post your question to the Live Mail group. Either way, "Excel" isn't actually involved and isn't needed. Import from Excel wrote: > How to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Windows live Outlook If you mean Office Outlook............... See Ron's site ...

Outlook signature issue
Hi, I have Outlook Signature selected for new mesages, as well as replies and forwards, It is working fine except forwards. It doesn't put signature outomatically for forwards only, why? Anyone have seen this problem? Thanks MC ...

Microsoft Outlook and Novell GroupWise
I am in my third week working at a new agency. I have been using Outlook for years. My new agency is still using Novell GroupWise. I also use Franklin Covey's PlanPlus for Outlook. PlanPlus will not work without having Outlook installed. Is it possible to install Outlook and run it in the background in order to facilitate the use of my PlanPlus for Outlook software. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Have a great week and stay safe Outlook can be used with GroupWise but you'll need to check with the IT folks at your new agency to make sure they support that co...

search telephone numbers outlook 2007
Please help I cant seem to search for telephone numbers once they have been altered in a hyperlink ie when you type tel:0111122223 followed by either a space or return in an appointment. even using the advanced search criteria? can telephone number be searched? you could search for tel No's in earlier versions of outlook what am I doing wrong. Thank you KC ...

Microsoft Warning appears on Outlook Startup
Hey all, Whenever I start MS Outlook 2003 the Outlook icon on the taskbar displays a pop-up box that has an exclamation point inside a triangle and is title "Microsoft Office Outlook". The message that appears after the title inside the pop-up is "The operation failed." I have a Pocket PC that I sync with my laptop (the machine I am recieving this error on) and desktop. I also have a T-Mobile Sidekick II that syncs Outlook with my Sidekick II through an application that is titled Intellsync for Sidekick. I am running Windows XP Tablet Edition SP2 on a Toshiba Pr...

Importing Outlook folders from older computer
I have copied my MS Outlook v. 6 folders from my older computer, which is MS ME. I copied to CD, and it names itself outlook.pst. I then tried the import function of my new computer (MS XP, outlook v.6) but it doesn't recognize this file. Can you help? Thanks, Nancy ...

Outlook 2007 and Appointment Reminders
I am new to Outlook, so this may have been covered, but on the ToDo Bar (just under the small calendar), a reminder shows up for appointments I have scheduled for next month. I have tried changing the notification period, but the reminder remains. Is there a way to make it only visible during the time of the notification period I have chosen, like a week or day ahead of time? These are recurring appointments if it makes any difference. Maybe everyone just leaves the ToDo Bar closed and just waits for a popup reminder--- Thanks, Clark You can't do that. The only options for cu...