Small Business Server in Windows Server 2000 Environment

I have a requirement to install Microsoft CRM for about 10 CRM Users.  The
existing Windows 2000 has about 120 users with two Exchange Servers.  Is it
possible to set up a separate Small Business Server to run CRM within the
Windows 2000 domain as this is the most cost effective way of implementing
CRM for such a low User count?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook 2000
How can I get back contact list in outlook after running exmerge for exchange 5.5? ...

Windows 2008 R2 KMS
I've look around for this answer but can't seem to find it. Can a Windows 2008 (or a Windows 2003) KMS server license a Windows 2008 R2 server? I have one of each and my R2 box doesn't seem to be recognizing them. Thanks. Hello Glen, See "Upgrading Existing KMS Hosts" in: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd878528.aspx how to prepare the existing KMS hosts for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do ...

small query
if constructor is private, can i create object thru mfc ...

EAS - SMTPProxy Registry Entry
Hi, I am having a problem with EAS where users in a certain domain cannot connect. It appears the issue is the users primary SMTP address is not listed in the 'default' recipient policy. So having digged around I have found a KB article 886346 describing the fix as adding the SMTPProxy registry entry. What the article doesn't mention is on which server, I assume it's the mailbox server but it could be the frontend server, I'm not sure. If somebody could confirm which server to make this change to it will be much appreciated. ...

Project Server/Exchange Server SMTP connectivity
Is there an easy way to test the smtp connectivity between Project Server and Exchange Server. Retreiving tasks with the Outlook add-in seems to work fine, but notifications, updates, etc don't seem to be happening. Also, Am I correct that mail messages are sent only once a day using the smtp set up in Project Server? Hi Peter, From the Project Server you should be able to telnet on port 25 to your Exchange server (google for telnet 25 and you'll get some good pages and you'll be able to check it out). Outlook connnecting is a red herring, it doesn't use SM...

set default to busy for all day events
When I am scheduling an event in my outlook 2002 calendar and check all day I also have to change "Show time as" to busy. Is there any way to set the default to busy? Thanks Will No. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23gUuNkaxDHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Will Fleenor wrote: > When I am scheduling an event in my outlook 2002 calendar and check > all day I also have to change "Show time as" to busy. Is there any >...

Creating child windows in DLL
Hi, I have regular MFC DLL, which has to create child windows and dialogs with parent, but the parent window is created by the main application, so I can't just pass CWnd* to this DLL and I don't know how to do it. I have one simple idea to pass CWnd::FromHandle( hWnd ) as a child parent ? Is it correct ? Thanks in advance, Kamil kamil wrote: > Hi, > I have regular MFC DLL, which has to create child windows and dialogs > with parent, but the parent window is created by the main application, > so I can't just pass CWnd* to this DLL and I don't know how to d...

Cannot open browser window from outlook link
Hi Group, When I click on a link to a website on an email I receive, the browser window hangs and will not open the website page. I have looked to see if I have something checked to stop the window opening but cannot see anything related to this. Can one of you experienced people advise on this. I'm using Windows 98 and Outlook 6. Thanks, Steve Could you please reply personally as by the time I look for my posting it disappears way down the list because this is such a large posting group each day - cheers! -- BYE, BYE INTERNATIONAL CALL CHARGES! Telephone USA, Aus and most of Europe fro...

installing CRM 3.0 and SQL2005 + RS on different server
Hi, I have a problem when I want to publish my CRM reports. I execute following cmd : C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Reports>publishreports CRMLAB "CRMLAB\ReportingGroup {5480f933-60cb-4f91-9f03-73f49cdaf97e}" "CRMLAB\VM-CRM30$" I receive following error : 22:20:11| Error| Publishing stopped due to following error 22:20:11| Error| SRS soap exception: The permissions granted to user 'CRMLAB\Administrator' are insufficient for performing this operation. Any Idea? I got the same error and at long last found the resolution. Make sure your user acc...

Extender Window from Purchasing Item Detail Entry
1. I have added an extender window to the Purchasing Item Detail Entry window 2. Is there any way to have the fields here default information from the item maintenance window? Specifically the user defined fields in the option window? 3. I would then like to see the same extender window information in the Receiving transaction entry window.. Will any of the above be possible? -- Doug You would need to use the E-One Enterprise version of the Extender for this and write Pre-Window logic to recover the data from the Item Master and prefill the Extender window. -- Richard L. Whaley ...

Troubleshooting Toolbars and Open Windows
How do I insure when I open a document in Office, that the open window does not open under the toolbars. Many times when the document window opens the top of the open window is under the Formatting and sometimes the Standard Toolbars on the desktop. Is this just something that can not be fixed or is there a preference that needs to be checked? Thanks Basically, you just need to get it set properly once and then it should stay. Getting it set is a little tricky--bring the window down so you can grab the top. Then you have to float each element (toolbar1, toolbar2, window, etc) around unt...

Money 2004 Small Business: Adding Discounts
I have looked and looked for how to add discount items into my invoices, i.e, 10% discount, etc. Anyone know how to do this? I have run search after search under the Help files and haven't been able to come up with anything. On this note, how easy is it to enter a partial payment? Thanks for your help!! Jessie :) Click Invoices on the top toolbar. Click create new invoice. Enter the customer then click add item. You will see the discount box on the left-hand side under the description input field. You can enter a % discount or a $$ discount. >-----Original Message-----...

Free/Busy Data #2
I have a user that gets an error message about free/busy data every time his mailbox does a send and recieve. "Unable to load personal free/busy data" What is the problem? ...

Excel 2000
Hello I am new and exhausted from trying to find an answer to m problem. I enter a date into a cell (ex. 020206 which should auto format t 02/02/2006) but when I hit enter I get a weird date that comes u 1/23/7436. This happens with any date I enter. I tried to custom format the cel ##/##/## but that doesn't work, and I tried "text to columns" but ha no success. Any help with detailed solutions would be appreciated. thank -- vt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vtz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

Publisher 2000 #44
I am trying to locate some older training materials entitled "In and Out of the Classroom with Publisher 2000." They included creating a calendar, a transparency, and a class newsletter. Any idea where I can find those again? I'm missing some of my original copies for students. http://www.microsoft.com/Education/Publisher2000Tutorial.mspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ANelson" <ANelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38A52C15-079F-45D5-B7A3-330935C00000@microsoft.com... >I am trying to locate some older training materials en...

Business Contact Manager 2003
I have been trying to install Business Contact Manager for a few months now (running Beta Office 2003 and now Eval version) and every time I run the install it stops, rolls everything back and says: "Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 was not installed. The wizard was interrupted before Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 could be completely installed." I'm running WinXP Pro, no Exchange Server (apparently that has something to do with some errors), and I've disabled everything I can think of that might interrupt the installation (antivirus, screen save...

Import Access into Linux server
Hi, Our company has created an Access file (very basic database) and would like to import it into our server. Our server is currently web-hosted by a Linux server and the company that is hosting it says that they cannot convert this or add it on to the server. Do I have any other options or is this possible? Your help is greatly apprecaited. Thank You, Adam OK, you've alluded to two different operating systems - Windows & Linux - but you've posted to the newsgroup for Office on yet another... Macintosh. I honestly don't know where your issue can be best addressed,...

CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition
We are looking to deploy the above CRM version from Microsoft Action Pack - but are encountering some difficulties. Does this application have to be installed onto an SBS server directly? Can it not be installed on a server which participates in a SBS domain? Regards -- Mark Baker Operations Manager SITOC Ltd Must be installed on SBS server. Ian "Mark Baker" <MarkBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E202DEC8-C1A5-4A3E-86F3-094D462ECBE8@microsoft.com... > We are looking to deploy the above CRM version from Microsoft Action > Pack - > but are ...

Convertibility Issue between Windows Excel 2007 and Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have created a very extensive budget for my company in Windows Excel 2007 containing multiple tabs, hundreds of formulas, a few arrays, some conditional formatting, etc. A few of the individuals needing access to the file are running Mac Excel 2008. Unfortunately, whenever I try to send it to them, they are unable to open the file getting an error saying The file might have been modified or damaged from its original format. However, whenever i send it to another user of Windows office 2007 they can open it without any proble...

CRM3.0: Small Business Edition only with Small Business Server?
Hi folks, if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well? thanks in advance, taxi Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition is intended to run on the Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 r2 (latest release). Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "taxi007" wrote: > Hi folks, > if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small > Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well? > > thanks in advance, > taxi Hi, i m...

Infotechspectrum: Our Direct Client is urgently in need of "Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services".
Hi, Hope you are doing good. Please find the Requirement below and send me your Word format updated Resume if still available. Position : Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Location : Burbank CA. (Locals) Duration : Aug 28 thru Oct 31 Interview: Immediate Skill set Required: * 2-3 Yrs, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) * 2-3 Years developing reports from Great Plains Financials Tables. * Excellent English skills are critical here, spoken and written. Thanks ...

Can't receive email in outlook 2000
after getting the qhost virus i have not been able to receive email in outlook 2000. i can send email. Tom ...

BOOKLET(SMALL)
Is there an easy way to make a small booklet in publisher? About a 10 page booklet. I want to divide a 8.5 by 11 sheet in quarters, and utilize both sides of the paper. I suppose to could cut the sheet in half? But I want to do this basically on one set in Publisher without having to open 2 or 3 documents? thanks The number of booklet pages are in numbers of four, i.e., four, eight, twelve, sixteen, etc. Four pages per sheet of paper. You could cut two pages from a booklet but it would literally mean trimming almost half a sheet in two. (Remember to retain enough to staple). A little p...

Using CERT on ISA 2000 for OWA
Our Cert has expired for OWA - I have prchased the new one and installed it on the ISA server through the cert MMC but when users access OWA they still see the old cert even after making sure the CERT is not cached. I read a few articles that say I need to install the CERT on the Front end server where OWA is located and then export the prive key into the ISA server through the CERT MMC and then go into ISA management and point to the CERT - Is that correct? On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:46:01 -0700, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our Cert has expired for OWA - I ha...

Some appointments in OWA give "Internal Server Error"
We have had a problem over the past few months where Mobile 5.0 phones do not properly get all the calendar items when they sync. They always miss a couple. Recently we have discovered that these appointments that do not sync also give a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error when they are viewed in OWA. But others are viewable and email works fine as well..This only happens on a couple appointments for a couple users. Server: Windows 2k3 Standard Exchange 2003 SP2 Clients: Windows XP SP2/IE6 Windows Vista 32bit/IE7 "Jeffrey" <jeffreyvsmith@gmail.com> wrote in news:1172588812.5...