Slow CRM Fix: Finally a solution

This worked for all of our users so I thought it deserved reposting.

We did find a solution. There is some folder or file that you must set
content-expiration for on the IIS installation for the CRM. Then the problem
disappears. I believe this was the mail that made us fix it,

Guys, I solved our problem for almost all users/computers:

In IIS, browse to the file '<crm virtual
dir>/_common/scripts/Stage.js', show properties, goto 'HTTP Headers'.
Check the 'Enable content expiration' checkbox, and select the 'Expire
immediately' option (now this file (5kb) will be retrieved for each
request, instead of caching it locally)

Now clear the temporary internet files of your local browser, and open
MSCRM again.

This solved our problem, for 2 MSCRM 3.0 installations for almost all
users (only one user still faces the same problem, but he will
reinstall his computer...:-)

Please let me know wat your experience is with this 'workaround'...

Thanks so far!

Regards,
Evert Jan

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Nice, works good enough for me

0
mcijsouw

CRM Activity
Hello. I am looking for find out how I can get the dates, times a user or users logged into CRM. I am looking to follow up on some users and if they are or aren't using the system. Thanks for you help in advanced. this information is stored in the crm web logs. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uSMHVWvhFHA.2372@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello. I am looking for find out how I can get the dates, times a user or > users logged into CRM. I am looking to follow up on some use...

Build is slow.
Hello. The environment is 6.0 vc++. When one DLL has 1700 source codes. Build is slow. debug start takes time. Please teach a good solution. Thanks, Buy a faster computer. ;) AliR. "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DF80A8-723F-43A3-A5D9-7722EEA97578@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > The environment is 6.0 vc++. > When one DLL has 1700 source codes. > > Build is slow. > debug start takes time. > Please teach a good solution. > > Thanks, > "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

Slow Slow Slow
When I click between different emails in my inbox, it takes ages for it to appear on the display. My internet connection is super fast. I have recently had to reinstall Office XP and I think a setting has been changed somewhere. I have an anti-virus but it never slowed it down like this before. To put in perspective, I've had 120 spams today and its took 37 minutes to delete them because of this problem. I have ran a virus check and its fine. Any thoughts on a registry tweak?? Cheers Carl Carl Sheldon <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > When I click between differe...

CRM Training Courses
Hi All, Does anyone know of any training providers for MS CRM courses in the North West of the UK? We are looking at taking 2 courses with regards to CRM customisation but can only really find London based courses. We are based in Liverpool so adding travel costs and accomodation to the price of the CRM courses is going to be a bit too much for us. Has anyone on here purchased the training guides on their own, without training? As our only other option is to buy the guides and read through them ourselves, but do you miss out on anything not being in the classroom or are the Guides use...

import data from sql on a clean install of CRM (new SID)
I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or restore my data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM stops working. What can I do to get data to my new database from the old database. My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back. Everything else I can recreate. Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your assistance. Thanks in advance. If you're just concerned about Accounts and Contacts you should check out the Data Migration Framework. You could also use the Redeployment Tool but you would have to still have yo...

Word 2003
It takes sometimes 10 seconds when I press crtl+c (copy) or crtl+x (cut) in a text inside Word 2003. Even if it is only one word it takes a lot of time just to copy or cut or paste it. That does not happen in Excel or Power Point only in Word. Please can anybody help me to solve this very annoying issue? Thank you very much indeed, Anderson From reading other postings on this forum, it seems that poor AddIns can cause this latency. I have also found that doing a clean up of the temp files seems to help as well. Hope this helps DeanH "Anderson" wrote: ...

Deactivate/Disable User and activities
Hi. Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? Would other users be able to manage the activities. Thank you. -- Cheers Sue Hi, before disabling your user, you could first assign his open activities to one or more other users before deactivating him "Sue" wrote: > Hi. > > > Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) > if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? > > Would other users be able to manage the activities. > > Thank you. > > -- &g...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...

Report with notes in crm 3.0
I'm trying to create a report for my customized version of Account, and I can't figure out how to add the notes field into the report. It doesn't seem to be in the Account view in the sql(2005) db. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Simon notes are stored in the annotationbase table ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP "Simon" <bolivar13@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135803798.372023.321870@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to create a report for my customized version of Account, and > I can't figure...

CRM Update Rollup 2 05-16-07
I noticed some CRM blog posts that slated a release for the 2nd update rollup yesterday. Obviously (and expectedly), this has been delayed. Anyone out there know when we can expect to see this? No details yet ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005FA98B-D203-4554-921D-AA0BCB435D8F@microsoft.com... >I noticed some CRM blog posts that slated a release for the 2nd update >rollup > yesterday. Obviously (and expectedly), this has been delayed. Anyone o...

Slow Viewing e-mails
Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? Found an answer to the problem in another post. Simply turning of the Messenger Integration fixed everything. /Johan >-----Original Message----- >Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. >Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It >worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? >. > On 25 nov 2003 Johan wrote: > Found an answer to the problem in another pos...

Dynamics CRM on SBS
Hello, I have SBS Standard. I want to install Dynamics CRM. I understand I have to update SBS to R2. Do I need to update my version of SQL running on SBS? TIA Pick up the implementation Guide and see what should you update before installing CRM server . Implementation guide will guide you about the correct version of SQL and SP . /Aamir On Jul 3, 12:05 pm, J <japhyrider2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have SBS Standard. I want to install Dynamics CRM. I understand I > have to update SBS to R2. > Do I need to update my version of SQL running on SBS? > TIA As Aam...

search in CRM lookups
Hello, When in Account lookup(opened from Sales Order form) or other places i'm typing "bike" word and pressing find, in results I can see only Accounts, which names starts with "bike"(example: "Bike Experts", "Bike Universe",...). but when I typing "*bike" , in results I can see all Accounts which name contains "bike" word(example: "Bike Experts", "Bike Universe", "A Bike Store", "Advanced Bike Components",...) Question: Is it possible to change search logic in CRM to do not type "*...

why GetFieldValue() is so slow
I get connected a vfp6 dbf file, and the total record number is about 50000, I want to export specified field value ( most of their type are string), and the result is correct, but it works toooooo slow, and I find the function GetFieldValue takes most time. my code is: while(!m_Rs.IsEOF()) { for(index=0; index < m_ListDest.GetCount(); index++) { strLine=m_pSortItem[m_pSortList[index]]; m_Rs.GetFieldValue(m_pSortList[index], strVal); strVal.TrimRight(_T(' ')); if(strVal == "" && m_isFilter) continue; strLine.Insert(0, _T('[')); ...

CRM issues related to AD account deletion
We're having CRM problems related to an account deletion in AD: In CRM, we removed an ex-employee's license and disabled his account. The same user's AD account was then deleted, as well. Now we can't make any changes to CRM records' share rights if the record was previously shared to this user (error message says "The selected object cannot be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and Active Directory."). This includes sharing/unsharing records to other users, without attempting to change the share rights to the disabled user. Additional...

Pictures on CRM
On May of this year I posted a question about to handle several images or pictures on Microsoft CRM unfourtunaly my computer hard drive was broken and I losto everything also the page of the code for a script I remember that the solution was using the image folder of the share point 2.0 using a script to add the control to the micrsoft account screen Hope that anybody can help me I can't find my question to thanks Hi Gustavo Could you explain the requirement in detail once again. I suppose you would be using custom pages and IFRAMES to show pictures on the form. -- Regards - May...

CRM Rule Deployment

Problem of installation CRM 1.2
I test to install Microsoft CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 Server. The installation progresses normally until the last stages, then it post the error message according to: - the Setup program could not install Microsoft CRM Server. - the Setup program could not supply your organization. - the Setup program could not create the licence of installation. The Server do not be operational (8007203A) Then it stops the installation However, if I make an installation on a server of test with a new Windows 2003 (new AD), the installation passes without problem. You have an idea on the source of the problem...

Administrator doesn't access CRM
I can't access the Microsoft CRM through the server with the Administrator account. Does anybody know what may be happening? I only see the Error 401 (Access Denied) after the third try. -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization ...

Outlook 2003 Pro with XP Pro Too Slow with McAfee 2004
I just bought a new high-end brandname laptop with XP Pro. In it, I: - installed Office 2003 Pro, - installed McAfee Internet Security Center 6.0 2004 (including Firewall, AntiVirus, Privacy Service, Spamkiller), and - downloaded and installed all latest MS and McAfee software updates, by the books. Hoping to lessen intra-computer response, I opted out some sub-features in McAfee. The installations were easy. Without McAfee, Outlook 2003 was fast, reliable. After installing and working with McAfee, Outlook 2003 is miserably slow in most operations (send/receive, clicking on ema...

Exchange 2000 very slow
My Exchange 2000 SP4 is very slow and every computer keep showing the Outlook Send/Receive Progress window. This is happen every morning. I have to restart the Exchange Server twice a day, once in the morning and later in the afternoon. Once I do that then everything is ok until the afternoon around 3:30pm. Could someone please tell what could be causing this problem and how can I solve the problem? Thanks in advance, Look for any processes that start to eat more ram throughout the day. if you see one find out what app it is from and check the manufacturer for an update. Sounds li...

Outlook 2007 crashing and not opening items related to CRM 3.0
My outlook constantly crashes on me if I try to open random CRM linked emails, or I get message that says "This item cannot be opened". Here is the message I get when it crashes: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6212.1000, stamp 46e03e45, faulting module outlook.exe, version 12.0.6212.1000, stamp 46e03e45, debug? 0, fault address 0x00013ca0. I have wiped this PC, and reinstalled everything (XP, Office 2007, CRM) and the error still occurs. Any help here would be appreciated. thanks ...

CRM assemblies
Hello, I wrote an aspx page that receives an XML message from Biztalk and creates an Account in CRM, but I am having some problems, probably because the CRM assemblies have not been registered on the Biztalk machine. The aspx page is running on the Biztalk machine, but calls methods from the CRM sdk. Do I need to register the CRM dll's on that machine, or can I just copy them somewhere? Thanks, Daniel. ...