Single Singn on to Exchange Mail Boxes

Hello,

My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange server
for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies, where
the users are to change their domain password every 60 days.

In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM to
access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with most
of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of
support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being
able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the access
to the Exchange mail boxes follows the windows authentication or some ways
to automate that each time the domain password are changed, the users do not
need to also change the password in CRM?

Regards

Reehaz

0
rsoobhany (7)
1/19/2009 10:49:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can't you use the CRM outlook client?
Mathieu.

"Reehaz Soobhany" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange server
> for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies, where
> the users are to change their domain password every 60 days.
>
> In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM to
> access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with most
> of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of
> support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being
> able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the access
> to the Exchange mail boxes follows the windows authentication or some ways
> to automate that each time the domain password are changed, the users do not
> need to also change the password in CRM?
>
> Regards
>
> Reehaz

0
Mathieu (28)
2/3/2009 9:07:02 AM
Matieu,

I am actually using outlook client. However, the windows domain password
expire every 3 months, and the users have to manually go into
outlook->CRM-Options->email to change their email router password, which
they almost always forget to do. This is why i was askign if there was an
automated way to do this.

Regards

"Mathieu" <Mathieu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can't you use the CRM outlook client?
> Mathieu.
>
> "Reehaz Soobhany" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange
>> server
>> for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies,
>> where
>> the users are to change their domain password every 60 days.
>>
>> In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM
>> access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with
>> most
>> of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of
>> support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being
>> able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the
>> access
>> to the Exchange mail boxes follows the windows authentication or some
>> ways
>> to automate that each time the domain password are changed, the users do
>> not
>> need to also change the password in CRM?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Reehaz

0
rsoobhany (7)
2/10/2009 12:40:33 PM
If you use the Outlook Client, you do not need email router (Except for queues)
simply configure user's profile to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM four Outlook
for ingoing and outgoing purpose.

The outlook client will be in charge of sync user's mailbox with CRM.

Because queues are not users, they can open their oulook, this is the reason
why you need to use email router.

Math.

"Reehaz Soobhany" wrote:

> Matieu,
>
> I am actually using outlook client. However, the windows domain password
> expire every 3 months, and the users have to manually go into
> outlook->CRM-Options->email to change their email router password, which
> they almost always forget to do. This is why i was askign if there was an
> automated way to do this.
>
> Regards
>
> "Mathieu" <Mathieu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can't you use the CRM outlook client?
> > Mathieu.
> >
> > "Reehaz Soobhany" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange
> >> server
> >> for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies,
> >> where
> >> the users are to change their domain password every 60 days.
> >>
> >> In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM
> >> access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with
> >> most
> >> of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of
> >> support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being
> >> able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the
> >> access
> >> to the Exchange mail boxes follows the windows authentication or some
> >> ways
> >> to automate that each time the domain password are changed, the users do
> >> not
> >> need to also change the password in CRM?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Reehaz

0
Mathieu (28)
2/11/2009 8:32:01 AM
You don't need to use email router for users if they have outlook client.
Simply configure their profile to use MS Dynamics for outllok for outgoing
and ingoing.

Queues cannot use outlook client, use email therefore, router is good choice.

Look at the following document about different deployment scenarios for
further information:
http://www.sonomapartners.com/docs/MicrosoftCRM4-EmailRouterConfigurationScenarios.pdf
Mathieu.

"Reehaz Soobhany" wrote:

> Matieu,
>
> I am actually using outlook client. However, the windows domain password
> expire every 3 months, and the users have to manually go into
> outlook->CRM-Options->email to change their email router password, which
> they almost always forget to do. This is why i was askign if there was an
> automated way to do this.
>
> Regards
>
> "Mathieu" <Mathieu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can't you use the CRM outlook client?
> > Mathieu.
> >
> > "Reehaz Soobhany" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange
> >> server
> >> for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies,
> >> where
> >> the users are to change their domain password every 60 days.
> >>
> >> In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM
> >> access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with
> >> most
> >> of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of
> >> support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being
> >> able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the
> >> access
> >> to the Exchange mail boxes follows the windows authentication or some
> >> ways
> >> to automate that each time the domain password are changed, the users do
> >> not
> >> need to also change the password in CRM?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Reehaz

0
Mathieu (28)
2/11/2009 8:40:01 AM
Mathieu,

Thanks for the tip, did not really think of it in this term. I will have to
test this scenario.

> If you use the Outlook Client, you do not need email router (Except for
> queues)
> simply configure user's profile to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM four Outlook
> for ingoing and outgoing purpose.
>
> The outlook client will be in charge of sync user's mailbox with CRM.
>
> Because queues are not users, they can open their oulook, this is the
> reason
> why you need to use email router.
>
> Math.
>
> "Reehaz Soobhany" wrote:
>
>> Matieu,
>>
>> I am actually using outlook client. However, the windows domain password
>> expire every 3 months, and the users have to manually go into
>> outlook->CRM-Options->email to change their email router password, which
>> they almost always forget to do. This is why i was askign if there was an
>> automated way to do this.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> "Mathieu" <Mathieu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can't you use the CRM outlook client?
>> > Mathieu.

0
rsoobhany (7)

Save a single worksheet in Excel as a single file.
I have multipe worksheets in a single workbook. I would like to be able to save each worksheet individually. I want to send each worksheet to an individual, I do not want to send the entire workbook. All information must be retained in the one workbook, but as the individual worksheets are updated, the individual worksheet needs to be saved and sent to that individual. Help anyone? Thanks. Linda you can probably find the answer here. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dakota" <Dakota@discussions.microsoft.com&...

dsmod killed my exchange?
Due to recently imposed security restrictions I used dsmod to uncheck Password Never expires on our domain ( off the top of my head I believe the command was although I may have the syntax mistaken "dsquery user dc=domain,dc=com -limit 1000 | dsmod user -pwdneverexpires no" ) Also I set the account lockout to indefinate in the domain policy. This morning exchange was hosed. I have been fighting with it since 8 and if I have to sift through another google search I may just throw my monitor out the window. Just looking for any ideas on a cause or solution. Please reply to newsgroup. Th...

Inbound SMTP
Hi there, I need some assistance here please In our current exchange environment (ex2k2), we have our inbound MX info pointing to a server in another state, so it's goes across the WAN. Currently, we've installed a new server (ex2k3) here that will eventually become our the main MX reference and shut down the old servers. All servers (old and new across the WAN) are all in the same admin group (the upgrade is by move mailboxes method). So I'm wondering is someone can tell if there's a way to have 2 servers (in the same admin group, but in different locations) taking inbo...

Exchange Mailbox Rights
I am trying to configure a Outlook mailbox so that users can logon to the box and read all items but, they cannot delete mailbox space. I have tried setting different access in AD users on the mailbox including added the account to Mailbox rights, with a variety of configurations including. 1. Full mailbox access with a deny on delete storage space. 2. Setting read access only. None of the settings seem to work, it is either all or none, ie, I can logon to the mailbox and do anything or I can't logon to the mailbox at all. I am aware within outlook you can configure individual permi...

Reply from same e-mail address
Hello guys: I could not find an answer for that, and it seems pretty basic. I have a company e-mail account. I have more than one e-mail address (aliases) - e.g.: peter@mydomain.com; sales@mydomain.com; project12@mydomain.com All these e-mails end up in the same account (the first one). When replying, I would like Outlook to use the e-mail for each the message was sent. It seems that for that to happen I would have to have 3 Outlook accounts -- is that right or am I missing something? Thanks, Peter Peter McRoni wrote: > Hello guys: > > I could not find an answer for t...

Mail Merge from Access with datasource being a password protected
I have an Access application distributed to users of Office 2003 and Office 2007 via a runtime front end. The application needs to trigger a Mail Merge which will use query results in back end, which is protected by a password. I have coded in VB to cope with this in an Office 2007 environment - but when running with Office 2003 Word is asking for the data source when initially opening the mail merge document from Accesss; when opened directly it does not ask for the data source and when responding with "No" to the SQL prompt it opens fine. Can anyone help? My code...

Active Directory and Exchange
Can I have Active Directory and exchange on the same server and CRM on a seperate server. Or do I need AD and exchange on seperate servers. You can put both AD & Excahnge on the same machine. Depending on the network size and amount of email traffic, this is usually not recommended. but for a smaller environment this is fine. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:03:20 -0700, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Can I have Active Directory and exchange on the same server and CRM on a sepera...

Exchange 2003 Public Folders #2
Hi All, I'm encountering a problem with read/uread status of public folde items. Although I cleared the checkbox on the Genaral tab on th properties on specific folders, the status is not set when a user read an item. Setup is: 1 exchange org with 3 spread out exchanges servers connecte over a wan-link. When i, however, change the flag of an item the read-status i changed. Any ideas? reg's Pete - Pepber ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ------------------------------------------------------------------...

microsoft exchange 5.5
hi all actually i m new to exchange server so can anyone please help me starting my studies for exchange i stay in kolkata /india but right now i m in china giving support to client for it infrastructure i m ccna i have got knowledge about cisco switches and routers but i dont have much idea about exchange server so do anyone of u have documents for exchange please mail me at sukhwinder.singh@bookham.com i will b thankful to u Hi You might want to start with www.microsoft.com/exchange and you will find a lot of great information there to get you started. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Lim...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

XP, Exchange 5.5, NT4 Server --- Migration To POP
Hello, Forgive me if I am in the wrong group......If I am, maybe you could guide me to the correct one. My situation: My company has been running NT Server4 with an NT4 Mail Server running Exchange 5.5. These servers are providing for 18 workstations (most of which are XP) We have just changed from Exchange 5.5 to an outside POP3 account and I would like to get rid of the Exchange server. However, the local profiles, address books, and email database for each workstation are still on the server and I don't know how to capture that info on the workstations. If I take the mail server ...

windows live mail 01-05-10
Recently purchased laptop windows 7. Can send mail (I think) from live mail but so far no replies. I've tried several hotel sites inquiring about accommodation etc. and still waiting for response. Mail seems to go ok Any suggestions? b.potts What happens if you send a message to yourself? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "incoming mail" <incoming mail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E2A7697-DBA5-4EAA-98FC-065033D9F40C@microsoft.com... > Recently purchased laptop windows 7. Can send mail (...

Hosting two domains Exchange 2k3
We need to setup a second domain name for receiving and sending mail. We've done this for years, even on our old Exchange 5.5 server. But nowadays because of spam filters you need to have a reverse DNS for every server and every domain name, which means an IP address per domain name, right? How else do we get around this? If I do use another IP address for this new domain name what's the configuration for exchange? I'd need it to send on a particular IP address. Just to add to the complexity, I'm running a Linkproof DNS load balancer for three ISP's but one of the...

Migrating from desktop Outlook to Exchange
My Outlook has a huge PST. I'm planning to start using hosted Exchange so that I can share this data with another computer. I'm not sure what the process is though. My domain & mail are currently hosted by a web host that doesn't offer hosted Exchange. Can I sign up with an Exchange host and have them pull email from my current mail server, or do I need to transfer my domain to the new host? For unrelated reasons, I also want to know if the following is possible. Can I import my PST from Outlook to the Exchange server so that all my data is replicated on the...

How to disable list box of a combo
I am trying to disable ("gray out") some combo boxes, which are "simple" (list box always shows, edit control). When I use EnableWindow(FALSE), only the edit part of the combo is grayed. How can I also have the list box drawn in the disabled color? Woody wrote: > I am trying to disable ("gray out") some combo boxes, which are > "simple" (list box always shows, edit control). When I use > EnableWindow(FALSE), only the edit part of the combo is grayed. How > can I also have the list box drawn in the disabled color? Do you mean just ...

Manual remove Exchange 2000 from AD
Hi, I inherited a Windows 2000 Active Directory network that I have been cleaning up. Im installed Exchange 2003 only to find out there was a failed Exchange 2000 install from years ago that AD still sees. When I open the Exchange System Manager tool it shows my new Exchange 2003 server and this old Exchange 2000 server. And it somehow blended the configs so my Recipient Update Service were pointing to a server that didnt exist. My question is how can I remove the Exchange 2000 server from AD when the physical server is not around anymore to un-install? Thanks for the help. -Ken Hi Ken...

using e-mail templates
A group users wants apply an e-mail template with default texts. To achieve this I have made a massage with the standard texts and saved it as .oft. To apply the template the user has to choose: Tools - Forms - Choose form . and select in the dialogue window in the long list box `User template... (or something like that, I have a Dutch version)). This is not an user-friendly way. I can place a toolbar button with a hyperlink to the template, but still a choice must be made in the long list box. Is there a more user-friendly way to use a e-mail template? Thank you very much. Anne ...

E-Mail Merge in Word
I'm trying to do an e-mail merge in Outlook and I get this message: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.... I'm using Outlook 2003 and Word 2002. Is there a way in the registry to disable this message? Thanks, Lucie Ch�nier Lucie Ch�nier <chenierl04@yahoo.ca> wrote: > I'm trying to do an e-mail merge in Outlook and I get this message: A > program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in > Outlook.... I'm using Outlook 2003 and Word 2002. I don't think this will work. The versions of Word and Ou...

Exchange 2003 as a Fall back server
Hello, Can someone point me in the right direction to configure Exchange 2003 to be a fall back mail server for another domain other than the one it is hosting. I would like to have it queue the mail for ETRN. Thanks, Chris DeFreitas ...

Label - Mail Merge
I have a data source of 100 rows. My word document - label format - contains 4 rows each page. When I do the mail merge; each label sytax reads as follows: «Next Record»«CUSTOMER_NAME» «CONTACT_DETAILS» For some reason, the merged data that comes repeats itself.. If the 1st page has row 1, 2, 3 and 4... then the 2nd page has rows 2, 3, 4 and 5... the 3rd page has rows 3, 4, 5 and 6... I dont want it this way.. I want the labels to continue the sequence... 1st page - rows 1, 2, 3 and 4 2nd page - rows 5,6,7 and 8 and so on.. I tried usi...

rpc-https on Single server
Hi, I am enabling rpc over https on single exchange server, which is also a DC and GC. After installing rpc proxy component on Windows Server 2003, I used ESM to enable rpc-http for Back-End server. Upon doing so, I got a dialog box complaining there is no Front-End server in my environment. However, the rpc-http for Back-End option is still selected. When I open outlook 2003 which is configured to use rpc-http, the connection status still use TCP/IP. I checked the rpcProxy ports in registry, all entries are defined correctly. Do I miss out any important steps or any websites I can refe...

Single Site Single Org Multiple Domains Exchange 5.5
Help anyone.... I have an Exchange 5.5 Server on a AD Domain and an Exchange 5.5 Server on a NT 4 domain. All same site and same org. I have been able to install the Exchange on the AD domain and join it to the existing site and org on the NT domain. My issue is that it will not replicate with any of the Exchange servers on the NT domain. I have a 2 way trust and I have no issues going back and forth between the 2 domains to access shares or any other resources between the two domains. The errors that I am getting in the Event Log are of course 9318 and 9322. I have tried host and lmhos...

Checked box automatically checks for subsequent records
I created a form with 'dummy' checked boxes. We wanted the form to mimic a survey. The survey had yes-no questions with the answers 'yes' and 'no' as separate boxes next to each other horizontally. Question: Yes No I therefore created one checked box to feed into the table as a binary 'yes-no' (this one was labeled 'yes') so that checking the box resulted in a 'yes' and leaving the box blank resulted in a no. The box would be left blank if the person entering t...

Exchange 5.5 orphaned public folders
I think I found the culprit for my Exchange 5.5 slowdown, but I cannot fix it. It seems related to two folders on the old server public: Configuration: 2 Exchange 5.5 servers in the site. The orginal server is being shutdown. I followed MS recommendations for removing first server from site. I re-homed all public folders to the new server. However, there are two folders that I cannot access. Internet Newsgroups: Exists only on the old server. When I click on this, I get the following message: “The object cannot be found in the directory. This may be because replication has not compl...

Removing Exchange?
Hi, If I plan on removing an Exchange box from my domain can I simply run uninstall on Exchange and then remove the box from the domain and call it a day? The box is a simple domain member server and formerly functioned as my front end box. Anything special I sould be aware of? Thanks, Dan Aloha Dan, See if this helps: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchange-organization.html -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > Hi, > If I plan on removing an Exchange box from m...