Single CRM 4.0 for multiple domains?

Hello!

Can a single CRM 4.0 be installed for multiple domains? These are two
different domains for two different organizations but they are partners , so
they prefer to have a single CRM.
What kind of trust must be create between these two domains?
Each domains want to use own exchange server, if possible.

regards,

Thor
0
Thor (14)
4/23/2009 8:11:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Save a single worksheet in Excel as a single file.
I have multipe worksheets in a single workbook. I would like to be able to save each worksheet individually. I want to send each worksheet to an individual, I do not want to send the entire workbook. All information must be retained in the one workbook, but as the individual worksheets are updated, the individual worksheet needs to be saved and sent to that individual. Help anyone? Thanks. Linda you can probably find the answer here. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dakota" <Dakota@discussions.microsoft.com&...

can't install crm on test server
I'm trying to set up a test environment for CRM, and i get the following error when running setup: "Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server Setup Error:" "Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to determine your account name. Unspecified Error (80004005)" i'm doing the install on a windows 2000 server machine, that is part of a domain of which i am a domain administrator. Any ideas as to what's causing this error? At which point during the install do you get this?? Does it allow you to get to the licinse inpu...

iesample.exe exception on wince 5.0
I use iesample.exe on wince 5.0, if the user keeps browsing for around 5-10 mins,debug serial port outputs infomation as follows: RaiseException: Thread=86efb920 Proc=82026b40 'iesample.exe' AKY=00000401 PC=03f88c24(coredll.dll+0x00018c24) RA=802c3044(NK.EXE +0x000c3044) BVA=00000000 FSR=00000000 What's the proble? I would appreciate any suggestion on this. Build a debug image of your build and see where it crashes. The debugger should break... For us it would be guessing what goes wrong here, Good luck, Erwin Zwart, Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog ...

left, right functions in CRM??
hi. i have another question. exist left o right functions in CRM??, i need take a value of a picklist what contain this. example: 0 - Lead 10 - Lead Calificado 20 - Vision de Compra i need take just the number and pass to variable. You may want to buy a book dealing with JavaScript, as this is not related to CRM. You may also look at http://www.microsoft.com/scripting, which contains a lot of useful information. Coming to your question: you can use the split method to get to your values: var selectedPicklistValue = crmForm.all.<name of pic...

Blank Cell if next cell value is 0
Hello: Please help me with this one: I like to have these cells: A1: Blue A2: 0 A3: Red A4: 1 A5: Green A6: 0 A7: Yellow A8: 7 convert to these: A1: A2: 0 A3: Red A4: 1 A5: A6: 0 A7: Yellow A8: 7 (if A2 value is 0 (zero), A1 should be blank and so on... Thanks in advance. Dervish Hi do you want a macro solution for this? or would be an output an an adjancent column be sufficient? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Dervish" <dervishme@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:400aa860.0410281053.2aa1e388@posting.google.com... > Hello: > > Please help m...

CRM 4.0 WEB Acees error
I have installed eval version of CRM 4.0 . When i try to open the web url likw http://servername it gives the following error Line: 194 Char: 1 Error: 0 URL: http://gbav/ ...

Opening in MS CRM 3.0
Hi is there a opening for MS CRM 3.0 anywhere? Thanks. ...

Track pst emails on CRM
When trying to track on CRM email from local pst file and not from default pst, there is an error "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can be promoted to Microsoft" Suggestion: add the option of tracking email of other pst files the default pst. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Hosting two domains Exchange 2k3
We need to setup a second domain name for receiving and sending mail. We've done this for years, even on our old Exchange 5.5 server. But nowadays because of spam filters you need to have a reverse DNS for every server and every domain name, which means an IP address per domain name, right? How else do we get around this? If I do use another IP address for this new domain name what's the configuration for exchange? I'd need it to send on a particular IP address. Just to add to the complexity, I'm running a Linkproof DNS load balancer for three ISP's but one of the...

CRM Import wizard fails to open outlook ~
I am testing CRM in a lab before implementation and I want to test importing many contacts, when I open the import contacts tool (tools>import>contct) in web crm interface I get a message after selectying outlook that states "Microsoft Outlook cannot be started, Verify that Outlook is installed on this computer. And I am stuck right there. Please help. Thanks. Seth Seth; CRM needs Outlook installed if you want to import from an Ooutlook PST file. The catch is that you cannot install OL on a CRM server, so you will need to set up a client workstation with OL installed and h...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

rpc-https on Single server
Hi, I am enabling rpc over https on single exchange server, which is also a DC and GC. After installing rpc proxy component on Windows Server 2003, I used ESM to enable rpc-http for Back-End server. Upon doing so, I got a dialog box complaining there is no Front-End server in my environment. However, the rpc-http for Back-End option is still selected. When I open outlook 2003 which is configured to use rpc-http, the connection status still use TCP/IP. I checked the rpcProxy ports in registry, all entries are defined correctly. Do I miss out any important steps or any websites I can refe...

Multiple Fields Query Question
Hi - I need to query multiple fields to find out how many times a specific horse was used for the purpose of a group or private lesson. My query is showing me "all" billing reasons as opposed to only the "lesson" ones. I've pasted the SQL below...is anyone able to help me with this? I just want to see the horses that were used for lessons only. I created this in Design View as I'm only familiar with creating queries that way, so if you could please be specific with any answers, I'd really appreciate it, since I do not know SQL. Thank...

CRM Activity logs
Can someone please guide me if the CRM comes with a tool in which I can audit the changes users make to records, etc. Or is this something that I can do with SQL Server? Thanks CRM doesn't have a tool to do this. You can build this yourself using callouts or you can use a third party tool. C360 has an audit tool. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility BV www.cwrmobility.com/weblog -- "Piri Yebra" <PiriYebra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BE03BCB-E48A-4B94-9182-6605509AAE41@microsoft.com... > Can someone please guide me if the CRM comes wit...

Can I select Multiple Items in a Chart
I have a simple Bar Chart, and can't seem to figure out if there is a way to select, say 5 of the bars and apply color formatting to those 5 all at once. I can select all, and then on the next mouse click, I can select an individual bar, but in holding down the CTRL, SHIFT, and ALT keys, I cannot seem to select mutiple items. Is this possible? Maybe I am trying to group them for formatting purposes. Thanks, Brooks Hi, You can select All or 1. In non 2007 you can make use of the F4 button. Select the first individual bar and format it. Move to the next bar and press F4 to apply same ...

Indexing Server error on CRM
The following error appears after a reboot of CRM. Does CRM need Indexing Server running? Event Type: Error Event Source: Ci Event Category: CI Service Event ID: 4127 Date: 29/11/2007 Time: 6:42:16 PM User: N/A Computer: xxx Description: Content index on c:\inetpub\catalog.wci could not be initialized. Error 3221225477. CRM does not need indexing server to be running unless you use the online help ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "PeterB" <PeterB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Single Site Single Org Multiple Domains Exchange 5.5
Help anyone.... I have an Exchange 5.5 Server on a AD Domain and an Exchange 5.5 Server on a NT 4 domain. All same site and same org. I have been able to install the Exchange on the AD domain and join it to the existing site and org on the NT domain. My issue is that it will not replicate with any of the Exchange servers on the NT domain. I have a 2 way trust and I have no issues going back and forth between the 2 domains to access shares or any other resources between the two domains. The errors that I am getting in the Event Log are of course 9318 and 9322. I have tried host and lmhos...

RMS 2.0 SP2 "does not enable remote access"
In the Microsoft article "How Microsoft Dynamics RMS can help with PCI compliance", there is a single mention of "Microsoft Dynamics RMS does not enable remote access". Unfortunately, the article doesn't explain exactly what this means. Does this mean after installing RMS SP2 that I won't be able to administer our Server remotely? Or is RMS itself somehow restricted? Or the POS's? I'm sorry Microsoft--this sentence raises more questions that it explains. thanks, randy This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_027A_01C8D...

SFO sync with crm without going offline/online
I would like to know if there is a way to automate SF0v1.2 to do the sync to CRM without having to manually select Offline and then Online. We have users that are not using Outlook offline, and they are not remembering to do the offline/online manual sync, cuasing their (at times) outdated updates (in Outlook) to overwrite more recent updates to contact records (in CRM). If there was a way to automatically sync the change, then this would not be a problem. Thanks, -T. Miller There is not published way of doing this. It might be possible to hook into the crmaddin.dll file and make ...

Error applying 3.0 Update Rollup 1
When I run it on a client, I receive the error box titled: "Microsoft CRM Update Installation Error", and a dialog box that says, "Setup has encountered an unknown error. The installation of this update has been stopped. Contact Customer Support Services." Has anyone seen this error? Any suggestions? I should add that the corresponding patch has already been applied sucessfully to the CRM server. The CRM version on the clients is 3.0.5300.0 "JB" <jjmtb@qwest.net> wrote in message news:O9RxQDnYHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When I run ...

Two accounts same machine share a single pst file
I have two accounts that I use on my machine each with their own pst file. I would like to have both accounts point to a single pst so that I don't have to use my pda to synch between the two. Any suggestions? John What you mean by "accounts" is not clear. Assuming you mean Internet Mail accounts, just setup both accounts in the same profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "dsfds" <dsaf> wrote in message news:422d7b17$0$6967$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >I have two accounts that I use on my machine each with their own pst file. >I > would like...

another problem but, when receiving a mail of CRM (FROM)
Hello! I have 2 accounts of technical Support in the cases that are taken care of in the CRM soporte_empresa@ empresa.com.mx and soporte_empresa2@ empresa.com.mx, which are taken care of by the group of aid of the company. When it is abre a new case is due to send a mail to the client with copy for the respective account of support, until everything is there well, but when it arrives the copy of the mail in Outlook from shows the following information to us From: =? iso-8859-1? B? U29wb3J0ZV9leHhvbiwgc29wb3J0ZV9leHhvbgA= =? = [mailto:soporte_empresa@empresa.com.mx] Sent: Monday, 26...

Mass modification of Vendors in Great Plains Dynamics 8.0
Does anyone knows a way of mass modifiying class of vendors from active to inactive or vice versa? Thanks Quintin You can do a table update on PM00200 by changing the vendor status for that specific class ID. (1=active;2=inactive) Ask your IT Department to help. "qyuyitung" wrote: > Does anyone knows a way of mass modifiying class of vendors from active to > inactive or vice versa? > > Thanks > > Quintin > > Thank you for your response. Can this be done using Integration Manager? I was hoping there is another way of doing it without going th...

Need help with WMP Version 6.4.9.1126
I just burned a DVD+R with iTunes that played once with Media Player, but not again. Could someone please tell me if I should have used a -R instead to insure playability? Thanks, Don Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a more appropriate newsgroup. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Don Nickell" <donnickell2@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23UJtm0C$KHA.431...

CRM updates?
I just installed MS CRM 3.0, the demo version that was released a few months ago. I figured that surely there would be be updates, bug fixes, etc., but a visit to Microsoft Update did not find any. Questions: Have there been any updates? Is MS Update the place to find them? If not, where? MS Update will not update CRM. Since it's a business app, hotfixes are not automatically applied since many are only distributed when customers experience specific issues that require the hotfix. There is also a potential of some hotfixes requiring isntall on the client machines as well, so t...