sharepoint configuration recommendations with CRM 4.0

Hello,

I've had difficulty finding any documentation on the configuration of
sharepoint with respect to CRM 4.0.  Everything has been good inre to the
CRM, and we are now looking at potentially using Sharepoint (either WSS 3.0
or MOSS 2007) for document management, etc.  The "new features" lists of CRM
4.0 touted Sharepoiint integration, complete with dashboards in the CRM, etc,
but gives no mention on how to do this.

And is there anything that one must do special for this installation?  (e.g.
binding sharepoint sites to an different IP address on the CRM server, etc.).
 How does one connect the CRM to a sharepoint site that might be located on a
different server?

My apologies if this is a bit of an open ended question.  I just need to get
going on the right path.

--
Sketchy
0

Hi Sketchy,

It is an interisting question and hope we can share more information
regarding this question.

My opignion is that it depends a bit wat your needs are.

In case of a customer portal scenario, sharepoint can be used as a website
containing components that gathers, displays data from CRM and store data
into CRM any way you would like.

In case of a document library scenario (using Sharepoint services in CRM for
collaboration purposes) It is more common to integrate Sharepoint within the
same domain as CRM is, integrated windows authentication controls the access
to sharepoint services.

see http://www.decatec.it/blogs/2007/01/10/Sharepoint+CRM+Integration.aspx
for more information.

"sketchy" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've had difficulty finding any documentation on the configuration of
> sharepoint with respect to CRM 4.0.  Everything has been good inre to the
> CRM, and we are now looking at potentially using Sharepoint (either WSS 3.0
> or MOSS 2007) for document management, etc.  The "new features" lists of CRM
> 4.0 touted Sharepoiint integration, complete with dashboards in the CRM, etc,
> but gives no mention on how to do this.
>
> And is there anything that one must do special for this installation?  (e.g.
> binding sharepoint sites to an different IP address on the CRM server, etc.).
>  How does one connect the CRM to a sharepoint site that might be located on a
> different server?
>
> My apologies if this is a bit of an open ended question.  I just need to get
> going on the right path.
>
> --
> Sketchy
0
Snoeren (3)

Critical import issue on Dynamics CRM 4.0 (bug?)
Hi guys and ladies, I'm using sdk for data map creation and import. This is the scenario: imported record has one lookup field referencing the entity itself. Let's call this field New_lookup. I have both "system" and "source" lookup mappings set up. The lookup is resolved searching on a String property. Let's call this New_externalid. Now, if I'm importing a record that has a value on New_lookup that references an invalid record, the transformation asyncservice creates an Error Row with the message "cannot resolve lookup". This is right. EX...

MSCRM 3.0
Background: I'm working on a Win XP laptop with MSCRM 3.0 connected to SBS2003 server runninng MSCRM 3.0 via a VPN. I have no problems connecting to and synchronizing with MSCRM on the server. When I try to export data to Excel Dynamic PivotTable or Dynamic Worksheet on my Win XP machine I get the following error: Connection Failed SQL State: "01000" SQL server Error: 14 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets] ConnectionOpen Invalid Instance()] Connection Failed SQL State: "08001" SQL server Error: 14 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL server Driver][TCP/IP Socket...

how to configure salary deduction
How would I set up a leave with out pay deduction from a salary in Payroll? Thanks Randall Farris Network Business Systems randyf@nbsys.com Are you actually reducing the employee's pay through a deduction or do you want to do a salary adjustment? Do you want to affect vacation or sick leave? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Randall Farris" wrote: > How would I set up a leave with out pay deduction from a salary in Payroll? > > Thanks > Randall Farris > Network Business Systems > randyf@nbsys.com > > > It is a one time deduction of the hours worked...

Migrating from SBM to GP 8.0
We are in planning to migrate from SBM (Small Business Manager) to GP 8.0 Can I import data from SBM to GP 8? Does GP 8 have any utilities available to facilitate importing data from other applications? Where can I find them? I am using the GP 8.0 version from the MSDN Universal for the trial. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Surendra Microsoft offers tools to migrate from SBM to GP. Check with your local representative for help. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Surendra" <spepakay@hot...

Outlook data file size is stucked.. not decreasing from 4.7 GB
I have configured four Email account in Outlook 2007. One of My Gmail account was having 2000 mails. so, data file for that account was 4.7 GB.( I am having windows vista and NTFS drives. ). Problem is now I have deleted some mails and only 800 mails are there. but even though file size is 4.7 GB only.. it is not decreasing .. can any one help ? it was having significant number of attachments (videos)... So, at starting it was ok... 4.7 gb was data... but Now I have deleted all the mails... and then also file is not decreasing... I am using IMAP... I have also unsubscribed &q...

How to Configure Outlook to Use Different Account for Outgoing?
3. Sign Up Now for Wellness Evaluations Monday, December 1, is the deadline to sign up for Fourth-Quarter Wellness Evaluations. Employees, spouses, temporary employees, and retirees whose birth month is October, November, or December may sign up now. If you missed your Wellness Evaluation during your birth month, you can also schedule your Wellness Evaluation now. Wellness Evaluations will be held from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., Wednesday, December 3, and Thursday, December 4, in the Cafeteria. Please pick up your sign-up instruction sheet and ColoCare packets in advance at the Medical Clinic. You wi...

Sharepoint
Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it does, are there any limitations? Thank you. Denis Yep, it works fine if you use a Mozilla browser (Firefox/Camino). Won't work well with Safari. -Rick denis wrote: > Does anybody knows if Microsoft Sharepoint works with a Mac. If it > does, are there any limitations? > Thank you. > Denis ...

Copy cells with value <> 0 as a list
Hi, I have a sheet with some cells with value 0 and others with data. I want a macro that copies all the cells with value <>0 in other sheet but as a list, one under the other. Is this possible? Thanks! Here is an example that you can adapt to your needs: Sub moveUm() Dim s1 As Worksheet, s2 As Worksheet Set s1 = Sheets("Sheet1") Set s2 = Sheets("Sheet2") s1.Activate Set rr = ActiveSheet.UsedRange n = 1 For Each r In rr v = r.Value If v <> 0 Then s2.Cells(n, "A").Value = v n = n + 1 End If Next ...

Office beta 2011 installer wizard in 10.5.7 shows "Wrong OS version. This software needs Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later"

Access2007 in Sharepoint
If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same version of access to use the mdb? On Dec 11, 1:24 pm, casper <cas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If i put an access2007 mdb on sharepoint, does everyone has to have the same > version of access to use the mdb? My impression is not really. or at least not if you don't want a frequently corruped database. Access can look at and access and link to sharepoint tables/views HOWEVER I have found it to be horribly slow. I have written a couple of apps that pulled info from sharepoint and the best w...

Query to Count "0" in Row
I am trying to create an expression in a query that says if CONTRIBUTION BEGIN year is less then 2006 and the AUTE2 = 00/00/00 then count the number of "0" in the rown and multiply that by 58. This is what I had thought up so far, but I know it isn't right. CONTRIBUTION DUE: IIF([CONTRIBUTION BEGIN], 'yyyy' <2006, AND AUTE2 = 00/00/00, Count "0" And Multiply by 58 Any input is greatly appreciated. -Anthony Morano What kind of data type is being stored in your [AUTE2] field? If that is supposed to be a date, I don't think Access considers #00/00/00...

CRM integration with MOSS: tracking emails in CRM stored in a MOSS list
Hello, I have a question concerning integration of MOSS and CRM, and I would like to ask your opinions on best ways of doing it: In my company, we are currently using Exchange public folders to receive emails with attachments from clients. We are planning to deploy both CRM and MOSS in our organisation. However, we would like to make use of MOSS libraries to store emails (in the same way we're doing with Exchange public folders at the moment), but ALSO make use of CRM to tag these emails with a tracking ID. Question: Can we combine these features? If so, what would be the best pr...

Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 18kt Yellow Gold Tan Leather Mens Watch 25990-0-51-8178A Recommendation Discount Watches
Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 18kt Yellow Gold Tan Leather Mens Watch 25990-0-51-8178A Recommendation Discount Watches Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 18kt Yellow Gold Tan Leather Mens Watch 25990-0-51-8178A Site: http://girard-perregaux-watches.pxhelp.com/Girard-Perregaux-wristwatch-2920.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Quality Girard Perregaux Watches: http://girard-perregaux-watches.pxhelp.com/ Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945 18kt Yellow Gold Tan Leather Mens Watch 25990-0-51-8178A AdditionalInfo : Watches Brand : Girard Perregaux Watches ( http://girard-perregaux-wat...

CRM and Blackberry Connector on Exchange
Are there any problems installing both, CRM Connector and Blackberry Connector on an Exchange-Server? TIA Stefan ...

Transaction in ms crm webmethods ?
Hi all, Does the WebService (WS) MS CRM use transactions while updating or creating records ? For exemple, I want to update a contact record, and in the same transaction add to this contact a new address. If the update of the contact is OK, but the creation of the address fail, I want MS CRM to cancel all the changes made. Is this native to MS CRM, or have I to made the rollback manually ? If I have to do it manually, have you some tips on the best way to do it ? Thanks a lot DA CRM does not use transactions, and there is no roll-back facility. You would need to store the original state...

A Brief Video on Item Import To HQ and SO (2.0)
If you have been looking for an Addon to handle your Item import requirements for HQ and SO take a look at this short video. Import new items both Matrix and Standard and/or update existing items. http://www.retail-pos.com/addons/import.html Other videos of interest. Rental http://www.retail-pos.com/addons/rentme.html Loyalty http://www.retail-pos.com/addons/loyalty.html Reverse Lookup http://www.retail-pos.com/addons/reverselookup.html Please contact us with any questions. Regards Ian McLean RMS sales@retail-pos.com ...

link ALL emails to/from CRM contacts
We want to link ALL incoming and outgoing emails to CRM contacts automatically without having to depend on the user or owner settings. There may be several people who work with a contact so usign the contact owner doesn't work for us. We were thinking we could do this somehow with an exchange journal mailbox and an Outlook client running. However we can't seem to find a way aroudn the contact 'owner' issue. Will the journal mailbox have to be the contact owner for all CRM contacts for this to work? Is there any other way to do this? ...

Outlook contacts distribution lists to sharepoint users
I need to get an outlook contact list / distribution list into sharepoint as a user group - can you provide steps on how to do this? thx I dont think its possible to use outlook contacts as a user group in sharepoint. The max you can do is sync calendars from outlook with sharepoint. Regards, Vaibhav Desai ...

finding training classes on CRM
Does anybody know of any class training for installing and deploying Microsoft CRM? I've searched around and I can only find one place in Canada that does it. Anybody know of any other classes? Has anybody taking the eclasses offered by Microsoft? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks! you know....honestly,......with this product in particular, I would suggest that you are better off taking a good computer with decent CPU/Memory and create a test environment for CRM. Theres simply no way any class can cover every possible issue that comes up with installing and customizing CRM with...

Sharepoint
I am createing an application that may, one day, if all goes well be put on Sharepoint for multiple users in different locations to use. Do i just proceed as normal or are there certain steps i should take in the design in order to ensure success if we put it up on sharepoint? thanks. ...

Combo Box #4
Hi, In my userform, i have Firstname: <DropdownList> Question: 1. If I want the value of DropDownList to be read from code, how can I do it via code by hardcoding the entries in combobox_change() function ? Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() .... End Sub 2. If I want the value of DropDownList to be read from Column A1:A10 (note there are redundant value, how to avoid ?) Example: A1: Johnson A2: Stephen A3: Michael A4: Daryl A5: Michael A6: Johnson A7: Rebecca A8: Johnson A9: Sally A10: Sally So the drop down list will act...

CRM 4 run time error 5941 using labels template
I am trying to do a mail merge of several hundred labels. We have our own template. If we select the letters option for the merge it works but doesn't provide us with multiple labels across one line. If we select the labels option in CRM, when we go to build the list the get the 5941 error with the additional comment "The requested member of the collection does not exist." Any suggestions? -- Petej-Boston ...

outlook express configuration
I have a broadband con fron a local isp. there are 8 computers in the lan. The computer where proxy is installed is only able to access mail using outlook express. In Rest of the system its gives 2 errors for pop and smtp. The Lan is 10mbps. The same pop is being configured from the other floor with same configurations. This is an issue with your proxy configuration not with Outlook. Make sure that it also passes the SMTP and POP3 requests. For further support check the documentation of your proxy server. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Na...

Truncated Zero (0)
Greetings, Does anyone know how to prevent Excel from truncating zero in a Zipcod field, when the first digit is zero? I am importing data from a tab-delimited .txt file. Any help would be appreciated. cdfran -- cdfran ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cdfrank's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26361 In one of the steps of the Import Wizard (don't remember which one) it asks for the type of each column. Designate the zip code co...

CRM Professional Edition 1.2
I received this product with my MAPS. Can I install it on a Windows SBS 2003 system? yes - be sure to read/follow the implementation guide (on the documentation CD) - there's a complete chapter on installing into SBS2003 - Also - there is an update of that chapter on the Microsoft support download site. - "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAD7E0B5-563B-4154-B4FB-5FE73CB4A176@microsoft.com... >I received this product with my MAPS. Can I install it on a Windows SBS >2003 > system? Yes, I found out how. There is an update to BCM t...