Shadow Copy problem

I am running CRM 1.2 on sbs2k3.  Shadow copy isnt working
because of the SQL server running on the same SBS
machine.  Does anyone know how to fix this?
0
Jeremiah
4/21/2004 1:45:53 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

repost to

microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

"Jeremiah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running CRM 1.2 on sbs2k3.  Shadow copy isnt working
> because of the SQL server running on the same SBS
> machine.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

0
John

Self Copying
Hi, I have a user that always copies himself on his emails. I think it is a habit from his days of using browser based email, which did not have a sent items folder. I just want to confirm that Exchange is efficient with respect to this silly habit, and that it is not using up a large amount of mailbox space to do this (I would tell him to stop, but he's the kind of guy you want to save your battles with). Thanks, Paul Hi Paul, Thanks for your posting back. Your understanding is exactly correct. In the Exchange environement, there is no need to add oneself into the recipi...

set field problem
I use a hyperlinkfield called: "Ordner" and I have 2 buttons 1. The first one is to make a directory with a the information from a field called Nachname. This works fine 2. The second one is to set the link to that directory into the hyperlink field. I tried 2 different versions When I copy it in with cut and paste it works. But when I copy it with the code it looks fine, but when I click on the hyperlink it does not work. code for 1.) [This works] With CodeContextObject MkDir "C:\Users\Bernd\Desktop\Kiz\Kunden\2Schwung\" & Me.Nachname End Wi...

Copy cells based on conditions in one workbook to another workbook
Hi, I hope someone could help me on this. I need a macro that will enable user to do the following 1. load sheet3("Template") in workbook1 2. copy and save value and format of Template as new workbook say wb2 3. opens wb3 and checks for each cell in column A2 to A"lastrow" that has value greater than 2 and count them 4. insert the number of counted rows in Sheets("Template"), after eg row 4 5. now copy cell(i,2), cell(i,5), cell(i,7), cell(i,12 to 15) into the inserted rows in Sheets(Template) any help will be appreciated. Many Thanks Carl. ...

Dll resource instance problem in unicode
Hi, I am converting a win 32 application using MFC ext Dll (which contain dialog) into Unicode to support multilanguage. I made all my change and since this, i can not display dialog in my dll, because current resource hinstance is my exe. I do not have source code of the dll, just header and lib file (this dll is still ANSI) But when i converted my exe into unicode i do have to add this : CWinApp Dummy; AfxWinInit(::GetModuleHandle(NULL), NULL, ::GetCommandLine(), 0) ; Dummy.InitInstance (); to init MFC, but it was working well in ANSI without all this code. Any idea ?? ...

right problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, i'm working with a coworker on PC with office 2007. We have both access to a shared folder (onto a leopard server). When the PC save a document and close it, it opens as a read only file. We have both read-write permissions into this folder. I don't have this problem on a 10.5 mac. Note that i can save the document onto the dekstop and then drop it into the shared folder, it replaces the file without any problem!! <br> is there a change into the way office operates right access with 10.6 syst...

wordart shadowing
Everytime I use a text box in Publisher it uses shadowed word art. I do not want shadowed wordart, just plain text. How do i keep this annoying property from deploying itself when I simply want regular text? I created a whole brochure and everything is shadowed word art I need it changed to regular non-shadowed text. Going forward I want the default to be regular text when i create a new file. What version Publisher are you using? There is a shadow task bar, it will remove shadows. I've never run across Publisher arbitrarily adding shadows to text boxes. If the text is shadowed, o...

Copy without Adjustment
I would like to copy the formula in one cell to another without adjusting cell references within the formula. For example Cells(10,10).formula=cells(2,2).formula will copy the formula in B2 to J10 without adjustment. There must be a simple way to do this without resorting to VBA?? -- Gary's Student Select the entire formula in the formula bar. Right click in the selection, and choose "Copy". Hit <Enter>. Right click in J10, and choose "Paste". And you're done. -- HTH, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Copying (ripping?) to hard drive...
Hi, I am running Vista- Home Premium and am having a real problem trying to copy recorded speech, recorded on a CD-R disc in the mp3 format. When I open WMP and select 'Rip', insert the CD, L-click on Rip, the disc 'runs' ( I assume being read..) and then will start to play with the advice "still on the screen" : To begin, insert an audio CD into the CD drive. I have tried downloading 'codec's'; changing the settings to mp3, everything I can possibly think of.. Do I have a program glitch within WMP when it was factory installed? "Pleas...

Dynamic Chart Problem
Hi everybody, I tried Tushar Mehta's approach to creating dynamic charts, and it seems to work perfectly. However, when I go to save the Excel spreadsheet, I get this error: "Your formula contains an invalid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the path, workbook, and range name or cell reference are correct and try again". Here are the named ranges I've created (rangeName: refers to formula) XValues: OFFSET('ALL GROUP DATA'!$E$1,0,COUNTA('ALL GROUP DATA'!$E16:$AS16)-'AEE INDICES SUMMARY'!$C$62,1,'AEE INDICES SUMMARY'!$C$62) aYVal...

Re-installing legal copy over illegal copy.
I had an illegal copy of MS Office 2007. I purchased a legal copy and when I try to install it, I get an error message indicating that the program I am trying to replace is more recent than the one I'm trying to install. uninstall the bad one, reboot, install your purchased one (and dont multi post) "Access novice" <Accessnovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:623F0152-B5A4-4C7B-8068-B4D2050F3DEF@microsoft.com... >I had an illegal copy of MS Office 2007. I purchased a legal copy and when >I > try to install it, I get an error mess...

Problems with drop down boxes.
Drop down boxes populated by an underlying query work for all users on many differnt pc's with the exception on one specific pc. Set up and workgroups appear to be identical, but the drop down boxes are empty when using a specific machine. This problem does come up sometimes when using internet software such as Citrix to access a database on a remote server. Any ideas to correct this problem? On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:27:00 -0800, mpg6 <mpg6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Drop down boxes populated by an underlying query work for all users on many >differnt pc's...

annoying flcker as macro copies from one sheet to another
I have a macro in excel 2003 that 1. Reads the contents of a cell on one sheet 2. processes the value 3. Writes the new value to a cell on another sheet It does the three steps hundreds of times for different cells in a grid. When the macro runs it jumps from sheet to sheet to sheet again in an annoying way. Is it possible to have the macro run but not update the screen as it goes? In some way get the macro to save the updates in memory and write them to the screen in one go when the macro terminates? thanks Hello Yes you can use: Application.Screenupdating = False And remember to set...

Copy Emails
The company I worked for has gone bust and the web server is being retired. I'm about to lose all of my old emails. Is there a quick and easy way to copy all of my personal emails to my hard drive? Thanks. JC If you're using an Exchange mailbox for your mail, export to a Personal Folders .pst file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "JC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bfb301c479ff$0fd...

Automation Problem CListView and CStdioFile
I have a few problems with an automation server application. I have written an SDI Doc/View application. There is a class which manages reading from different text files. In the application class I initilize the file in the InitInstance() method. In this class there is a pointer on the CDateOperations class BOOL CDPNotifierApp::InitInstance() { m_pDataOperations= new CDataOperations(); ... m_pDataOperations->InitContactsFile() ... } The init of the files works, but when I want to read the files via the ReadFromContactsFile() method I got an exception. When I do the same, when I have ...

Chart outline shadow
Is there a way to indicate which side of the chart to place the shadow effect? (currently only shadows bottom side to right side) AFAIK that's not possible. What you could do is format whatever shadow you want (position, depth, colour etc) to a rectangle from the Drawing toolbar, size to the chart, send to back, Group the rectangle and the chartobject (hold Ctrl when selecting the chart) Regards, Peter T "Maureen D." <MaureenD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00E83406-B74C-4A1E-BAC9-FF7D1A9575EE@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to indicate which sid...

Copies of Table with Arrow Icons
I have a table called Quotes2004. Somewhere along the line two additional tables appeared called Quotes20041 and Quotes20042, each with an arrow icon next to them. I understand that the arrow indicates a link. But, I don't recall making these table copies. Can some process make the copies automatically? As far as I can tell, they are exact copies of Quotes2004 and they are updated when I update Quotes2004. How can I determine how these were created, what the links are and if they are really necessary? To discover what a table is linked to, open it in design view. Then open the Prope...

Problem while transfering DOC , wav and image files...
hi i am working file transfer between two PC's. My application successfully transfer text files but when i transfer Word file, wave file or image file, it transfers it, but the contents of the recieved file are not properly behave (means word file size is correct but it is not open in MS Word, similarly wave file can't be played etc). My code is given below... //Server application that sends file void SendFile() { #define PORT 34000 /// Select any free port you wish AfxSocketInit(NULL); CSocket sockSrvr; sockSrvr.Create(PORT); // Creates our server socket sockSrvr.Listen()...

Copy public folder sub-folder from one SBS server to another
This thread was originally posted to the Windows.Server.SBS newsgroup with the title "Network one SPS server with one client". I thought that you folks might know how I can recover my Public Folder. "Another Brian" originally wrote: We recently swapped out my Win 2003 SBS server at my church. Unfortunately I left an Outlook public folder behind on the old server that I need to get to the new. Since I cannot hook the old server in the same network as the new, it was suggested that I boot the old server and directly hook one client to the server, copy the desired ...

How can I export or copy charts to power point?
Hi I have 1 workbook which contains 4 sheets. Each sheet has 2 charts and I want all that charts in each sheet to copy them or export them to powerpoint. I want to do that by VBA Excel Code. I already have my code for opening the specific ppt file. But I cannot transfer/copy/export the charts. Is there any help please? I put my code for opening the ppt file. Sub openppt() Dim Brocoli As Object Dim Potato As Object Dim carot As String carot = "C:\Test\THIS IS A TEST.ppt" Set Brocoli = CreateObject("powerpoint.Application") Brocoli.Visible = True Set...

Message download problem
When receiving mail on most of my messages I get a box that pops up saying "Contacting server for information". Why does this happen? it's a real pain.. Hard to say without knowing any configuration details. It's quite normal for IMAP when you have not downloaded full items yet. To configure your account to download full items see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/412 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real W...

check printing problem
I've always had this problem, but it's now more annoying. The problem was present in M2003, and persists in M2007. I use the Laser Wallet Checks which have a stub on the left, and the check on the right. They are three to a page, with a "4th" slot for a mini check register. They are supposed to work with Money. Everything lines up properly (both vertical and horizontal) EXCEPT the Memo line, which is about one line low, maybe a bit more. It actually prints mostly below the shaded area of the check (but above the MICR). Any suggestions would be appreciated. --ron Ron...

How do I shadow cells and hide the shadow when printing?
I saw a excel file before (lost to me now) that had cells that looked like they were shadowed or shaded, but when you printed the document, the shadow/shade was gone. How do I do this? Possibly.......... Select a cell or group of cells. View>Toolbars>Drawing. Select from the "Shadow Style" dialog. This puts a drop shadow on the cells. To not print this drop shadow go to File>Page Setup and check "draft quality". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:29:06 -0800, "skecksis" <skecksis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I saw a ex...

copying non adjancent cells
sorry Ms. debra dalagliesh I missed your reply to my query. I got it later through google groups search. thank you very much for clarifying my doubts. I am repeating your message for the sake of readers seeing only this messagae copy of Ms. Dalgleish's message from: Debra Dalgleish (dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com) Subject: Re: copying non adjacent cells If you want to copy multiple ranges, the selections must match in rows and columns In each column, the same rows must be selected, or nothing is selected In each row, the same columns must be selected, or nothing is selected For example, you...

Problem downloading messages in oe
I use oe to get messages from a pop3 server and have not had a problem until a couple of days ago. Here is the message: There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail.(server name removed).com', Server: 'mail.(server name removed).com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR unable to scan $HOME/Maildir', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 I tried another app (thunderbird) to get the mail with the same results. Is this problem on my end (local) or on the server end? T...

copy several rows
Dear experts I have following code that Jacob has written(very thank's for his help). by using this code, i can copy only one row to sheet2 based on value of column G.i need to a macro which able to copy several rows to sheet2.in other words, when i run macro and open the box for input, take it at least 30 values, and then copy related rows to sheet2.column G has 4500 cells. Sub CopyRow() Dim ws1 As Worksheet, ws2 As Worksheet Dim varFound As Variant, varSearch As Variant Dim strAddress As String, lngLastRow As Long Set ws1 = Sheets("Sheet1") 'source sheet ...