SFO sync over restricted VPN

We have a situation where a parent company provides a subsidiary with their 
internet connectivity and allows remote users to vpn in through a checkpoint 
firewall. They are very security concsious and have limited the vpn tunnel to 
a small range of ports.
Does any one have any idea's regarding the ports required to let sfo sync 
through this connection. (ie Active directory, SQL etc)


0
Utf
11/3/2005 2:41:06 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

2 Replies
428 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

here is the latest ports list
================
Ports used by Microsoft CRM

SQL Server utilizes the following ports:

TCP Ports (7)
135 DCE endpoint resolution
139 NETBIOS Session Service
445 Microsoft-DS
1034 (random) Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
1049 (random) MStask.exe
1433 Microsoft-SQL-Server
3372 Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
3389 Terminal Services
UDP Ports (9)
135 DCE endpoint resolution
137 NETBIOS Name Service
138 NETBIOS Datagram Service
445 Microsoft-DS
500 isakmp
1434 Microsoft-SQL-Monitor

Web Server utilizes the following ports:

TCP Ports (26)
25 Simple Mail Transfer
80 World Wide Web HTTP
135 DCE endpoint resolution
139 NETBIOS Session Service
443 HTTP protocol over TLS/SSL
445 Microsoft-DS
1032 (Random) Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
1064 CrmWorkflowService
1072 pageserver
1073 Mstask.exe
1075 WebCompServer
1077 cacheserver
1080 CrystalAPS
1081 EventServer
1083 inputfileserver
1084 CrystalAPS
1088 outputfileserver
1091 JobServer
1092 CrystalAPS
1100 Inetinfo.exe
1110 WebCompServer
1111 EventServer
1112 JobServer
1116 Pageserver
1117 Inputfileserver
1118 CrystalAPS
1120 Pageserver
1122 Outputfileserver
1123 Cacheserver
1137 CrystalAPS
Random (multiple) Microsoft Message Que (Mqsvc.exe)
1165 pageserver
3372 Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
3289 Terminal Services
6400 CrystalAPS
6401 WebCompServer
7224 Inetinfo.exe (local Web-based administration)
UDP Ports (15)
135 DCE endpoint resolution
137 NETBIOS Name Service
138 NETBIOS Datagram Service
445 Microsoft-DS
500 isakmp
1056 CrmSecurityService
Random Microsoft Message Que (Mqsvc.exe)
1150 Inetinfo.exe
3456 Microsoft IIS Server / VAT default data



"Andy Bray" <Andy Bray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6D0D2430-D199-4478-A87D-989CAE5BDB2D@microsoft.com...
> We have a situation where a parent company provides a subsidiary with 
> their
> internet connectivity and allows remote users to vpn in through a 
> checkpoint
> firewall. They are very security concsious and have limited the vpn tunnel 
> to
> a small range of ports.
> Does any one have any idea's regarding the ports required to let sfo sync
> through this connection. (ie Active directory, SQL etc)
>
> 


0
John
11/3/2005 4:49:05 PM
John, do you know if there is a problem using an alternate hostname to access 
the CRM site? I have a servername http://pa-pluto that is used for CRM, and I 
simply created a hostname that maps to it as well called http://crm.  But 
going to it prompts everyone for a username and password.  If I go to the 
standard computername, it goes in fine.  Let me know if you know the culprit 
;) Thanks!


Alex

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> here is the latest ports list
> ================
> Ports used by Microsoft CRM
> 
> SQL Server utilizes the following ports:
> 
> TCP Ports (7)
> 135 DCE endpoint resolution
> 139 NETBIOS Session Service
> 445 Microsoft-DS
> 1034 (random) Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
> 1049 (random) MStask.exe
> 1433 Microsoft-SQL-Server
> 3372 Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
> 3389 Terminal Services
> UDP Ports (9)
> 135 DCE endpoint resolution
> 137 NETBIOS Name Service
> 138 NETBIOS Datagram Service
> 445 Microsoft-DS
> 500 isakmp
> 1434 Microsoft-SQL-Monitor
> 
> Web Server utilizes the following ports:
> 
> TCP Ports (26)
> 25 Simple Mail Transfer
> 80 World Wide Web HTTP
> 135 DCE endpoint resolution
> 139 NETBIOS Session Service
> 443 HTTP protocol over TLS/SSL
> 445 Microsoft-DS
> 1032 (Random) Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
> 1064 CrmWorkflowService
> 1072 pageserver
> 1073 Mstask.exe
> 1075 WebCompServer
> 1077 cacheserver
> 1080 CrystalAPS
> 1081 EventServer
> 1083 inputfileserver
> 1084 CrystalAPS
> 1088 outputfileserver
> 1091 JobServer
> 1092 CrystalAPS
> 1100 Inetinfo.exe
> 1110 WebCompServer
> 1111 EventServer
> 1112 JobServer
> 1116 Pageserver
> 1117 Inputfileserver
> 1118 CrystalAPS
> 1120 Pageserver
> 1122 Outputfileserver
> 1123 Cacheserver
> 1137 CrystalAPS
> Random (multiple) Microsoft Message Que (Mqsvc.exe)
> 1165 pageserver
> 3372 Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2
> 3289 Terminal Services
> 6400 CrystalAPS
> 6401 WebCompServer
> 7224 Inetinfo.exe (local Web-based administration)
> UDP Ports (15)
> 135 DCE endpoint resolution
> 137 NETBIOS Name Service
> 138 NETBIOS Datagram Service
> 445 Microsoft-DS
> 500 isakmp
> 1056 CrmSecurityService
> Random Microsoft Message Que (Mqsvc.exe)
> 1150 Inetinfo.exe
> 3456 Microsoft IIS Server / VAT default data
> 
> 
> 
> "Andy Bray" <Andy Bray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:6D0D2430-D199-4478-A87D-989CAE5BDB2D@microsoft.com...
> > We have a situation where a parent company provides a subsidiary with 
> > their
> > internet connectivity and allows remote users to vpn in through a 
> > checkpoint
> > firewall. They are very security concsious and have limited the vpn tunnel 
> > to
> > a small range of ports.
> > Does any one have any idea's regarding the ports required to let sfo sync
> > through this connection. (ie Active directory, SQL etc)
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
1/11/2006 1:11:02 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

SFO sync.
Often people get sync. errors when going online. It's probably because things on the server change compared to the offline data. I wondered if all the changes made offline sync correctly except the ones listed in the sync error box ?? Jack Jack, The SFO synch process does not check to see if the data on the server changed since the user went offline. If it did, then the offline users update would overwrite the one on the server. This is minimized a little in that the updates are for only the fields that were changed, so if one user updated the name and another update the phone numbe...

Outbound SMTP Restriction
Hi All, Got some queries why mails are still going out eventhough i locked the users in my smtp connector. I have verified that the checkconnectorrestriction in the registry was enabled in both my servers. By the way i have two exchange 2003 servers and we have three SMTP connectors, two RG(redundancy purposses) set between each site. Site1, Site2 and Site3 scenarios are we are site1 outbound smtp blocking was deployed in site1 but mails are still passing via site2 as per the full header checking result. Did i miss something? Any help are much appreciated. Thanks, -- d''ic...

SFO Offline Problem again
When i clicked "Offline" button, all those procedures work fine and i can see all Account/ contact. opportunities is download to my MSDE. But when i click "Account"/ "Contact" / "Opportunties" from my outlook, it got error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Anyone can help? Thanks in advance From my client Event viewer it shows: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

turn off sync
how do i turn off ALL syncronization functions in Outlook. i turned it on, don't like it, and now i can't turn it off. someone please help. thanks. Please tell us your version and what you're syncing with. stanc@lsil.com wrote: > how do i turn off ALL syncronization functions in > Outlook. i turned it on, don't like it, and now i can't > turn it off. > someone please help. > thanks. ...

Restricting access to specific vendors
We have certain vendors that we do not want to allow certain users access to. We don't want them to have the ability to view any sales etc for these vendors. Is there anyway to setup security down to the specific record level? I looked into Field level security but doesn't appear to be what we are looking for. I thought maybe applying a class to the vendor and restricting access to users to view any vendors in that vendor class, but I can't seem to do that either. Any thoughts anyone? -- Thanks Knavas The only way I know of to do this is with a customization. Nothing ou...

active sync error
Can anyone help with this error. After installing office 2007 everything syncs except notes and I get this error. Any help would be much appreciated. Jerry ERROR Sync cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information ... Restart and sync again JERRY BOHLEY <Jerry@home> wrote: > Can anyone help with this error. After installing office 2007 > everything syncs except notes and I get this error. Any help would > be much appreciated. > Jerry > > ERROR > Sync cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the &g...

Syncing or merging?
Hi all, Chances are I have completely missed this one. I am currently OUTLOOK 2003. I have my personal default calendar and I have another profile I use for my home office under another e-mail address(Still Outlook 2003). Is there a way to have them both in sync when ever I enter appointments, meetings, etc. The reason I ask is because when I sync with my smartphone, it will only grab my default mail account info and not the other calendar. I won't die without it, but it would be nice to see all my appointments under one roof. Any assistance would be very grateful. Regards, Dream...

SFO with Office 2003
I am running SFO on XP & Office 2003 with strange CRM sync errors. 1. When I close CRM task from SFO (Outlook) I get the following message "This record is read only. Changes will not be synchronized with the Microsoft CRM system." The Actual End date is left blank. When I close tasks online they close without errors and they sync. 2. When I drag a CRM appointment from SFO I get the same message listed in 1. above and the time in CRM is incorrect. 3. When I close a CRM from SFO I get the same message that I listed in 1. above. The appoint seems to close properly & the Actua...

Syncing devices
I would like to know if it is possible to SyNc music into the Iphone 3gs from the Windows media player? And if possible how do I set this up? I connected the device into my computer and hit the Snyc tab above. Window opened to show option to sync device but the sync tab at the bottom is greyed out and does'nt allow me to hit sync. Thanks, -- Ms.N ...

Issues with Sync-ing of contacts to WM phone
Hi, I am having a serious problem with the size of the contact file being sync-ed into my mobile phone. Things started going wrong after I imported all my contacts to Google contacts for backing up and re-importing it back from Google whilst replacing duplicates. Prior to this, i had no issues with even more contacts, eg 2200+. Since then, the size of the contact file in my mobile phone has been huge, nearing 60mb and not all contacts are in yet. The file name on the WM phone is “pim.vol” and my phone model is HTC Touch 3G. Do advise if there is any way i can eith...

Synchronization of the SFO
What is the Story on Synchronization of the SFO over a WAN LINK? Does it WORK . Especially first time Synch. What if it's a BU Manager and his BU's DATA is over 100Megs Or even a Company Owner that wants everything OffLine It is recommended that the first sych be done locally since all the records are being created. Subsequent synchs can definitely be done over a WAN link. Is there any way your BU Manager arrange to do that first synch while connected directly? "Need Some Help" wrote: > What is the Story on Synchronization of the SFO over a WAN LINK? > &g...

yahoo intelli sync not working with Outlook XP (2002)- it was working before
I have been using Yahoo Intelli-sync (IS4Yahoo) version 4.0.100.1190 for sometime with my Outlook XP (2002) and had no problems. 2 weeks ago it stopped working and I started getting this error message: "Cannot login to Yahoo. Please check your username and password and try again." I have not changed anything in either program. I have started using Firefox but don't see any issues with that affecting the syncronisation. Any help would be appreciated. did you check your username and password? did you install any windows upgrades or firewall software? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP ...

Offline Sync
Outlook 2002 is setup with offline mailbox but now when the user connects to the network, the offline mailbox will not ync automatically ? Client: Outlook 2002 sp2 Server: Exchange 2000 (Not integrated with ADS.) ...

[ANN] Sync Entourage-Address Book 2 for Panther
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3150970933_7683831 Content-type: multipart/alternative; boundary="B_3150970933_7671334" --B_3150970933_7671334 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Sync Entourage-Address Book 2.0 for Panther > in Unicode* > > Sync Entourage-Address Book 2.0 synchronizes Entourage X and Apple's Address > Book in OS 10.3 (Panther) and lat...

OneNote can not sync this notebook
An error occured while communicating with th eweb server where the notebook is stored (Error code: 0xE000076C) I can create the notebook on my Win7 machine ON2007 and it will be created in the sharepoint site, and vis versa on the SP site back to ON with no data. I am lost as to why i can initiate this but canno update the book in either direction. We are using ON with SP2 and WSS ver 12... Cheers Scott E -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > An error occured while communicating with th eweb server where the notebook > is stored (Error code: 0xE000076C) >...

SFO : Corrupted after clicking on SFO-Toolbar in Offline-Mode
Hello NG, we are using MS CRM 1.2 on an W2k3 Server, with XP Prof. Clients (SP2, all current patches), Outlook 2k3 SP1 and IE 6.0. Some of our users clicked on the SFO-Toolbar while being in Offline-Mode. To this point we just know that they got an error and afterwards the SFO-Toolbar disappeared and the Folders below "Microsoft CRM" show the "normal" no connection to the server site from IE. The users are able to access crm via Webclient though. I already read the "No connection to the server" Thread in this newsgroup, but the mentioned solutions didn'...

Starting up Sync Services in Entourage 2008 maxes out my CPU!
I've been using Sync Services to sync my Entourage 2008 calendar up with iCal. It's been working pretty well as of late. However, I've noticed one distinct drawback. When I enable "Synchronize events and tasks with iCal and MobileMe" in the Sync Services option of Entourage Preferences, within a minute or so the CPU performance totally peaks out, and my MacBook's fan starts to blow like a hair dryer (seriously). Conversely, when I uncheck the sync option, the CPU performance almost immediately drops to normal, and the fan stops whirring. I'm using iSt...

How do I sync my Outlook files to my Blackberry?
I would like to add my contacts, my saved calendar appts., and whatever else. Many thanks. Your question is not an Outlook question. Ask Blackberry. -- Russ Valentine "DNucc" <DNucc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35B54F5F-7D7F-4E18-9FBE-2705CE0B80E5@microsoft.com... >I would like to add my contacts, my saved calendar appts., and whatever >else. > Many thanks. You need to use Desktop manager and configure it for additional folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

IIFP require for GAL Sync
I want set up GAL Sync between 2 Forest via IIFP. But I only have a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. Do it work out the GAL Sync solution via IIFP ? My current status Forest A Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition Exchange Server 2003 IIS ASP.NET Active Directory MSSQL2000 SP3a IIFP Forest B Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition Exchange Server 2003 Active Directory Thanks Frank The IIFP requirements state that you need Windows 2003 Enterprise SQL 2000 From that list, it would appear that you will be fine as long as you install IIFP into Forest A. More information about II...

Syncing Gmail with ical and ical with Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Gmail set up to sync with ical and I have ical set up to sync with Entourage. If I manually enter events in ical it shows up in Entourage and vice versa, however the events that get updated in ical from Gmail do not update and show up in Entourage. <br><br>Calendars checked in ical are: <br> Entourage <br> www.google.com: myid@gmail.com <br> Deligates: US Holidays <br> Does anyone know why only the manual entries in ical show up in Entourage and not the Gmail updates whi...

Trouble with SFO ...
Hello, I have troubles with SFO ... The first problem is that when i install SFO it does not create the local website !!! so i've try to instal it by myself but it appear that it doesn't work ... on the propriety of Microsoft CRM my default web page is http://localhost:2525/stage.aspx?page=Home&area=nav_home .... and i only see custom forms and deleted items ... I've try many time to remove (remove the program, delete the CRM directory, delete the information on the registry, remove the msde instance and the pst) and reinstall ... but for the same results ... Is anyone has a id...

SFO install Question
Hi, I had an interesting error on one of 10 computers installed. When the CD is insterted and the autorun comes up, I press to install SFO and then I get the error which is somthing like "You do not have a version of Outlook 2000 or later installed or configured". This is interesting due to the user of this computer uses Otlook 03. I tested Outlook and it can send and recieve mail fine! Has anyone else seen this? Any help appreciated. Regards, Nathan I need to attempt to install this at our clients site has any one seen this or know how to fix it? Thanks. "Nathan Warn...

Syncing exchange e-mails @ home and @ work
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Good day, <br><br>I am quite a new Mac user, but right from the beginning I was astonished by its usability and friendliness. But to the point: <br><br>I was able to set up a connection with the Exchange server at my work and from my home. However, to do it I had to create two separate accounts which I use alternatively - which means that I have the same e-mails in both, and they take twice as much space. I was wondering whether it would be possible to set it up in...

Turning off sync logs
How do I turn off the sync log? Want it to stop showing up in my inbox. Want to sync, just dont want to see the log. ...

SFO Roaming profile
I am using a laptop that has the Client Side CRM software installed. The laptop has the default user and my outlook profiles. When I login as the default user the SFO plug ins show up just fine in Outlook. When I login in my outlook profile the CRM plug ins are grayed out. Any reason why ? and how I can make this available. I am setup as a CRM user. -- Shardik ...