SFO Offline DB View does not match CRM Server

Hi,

I added some attributes to SystemUserBase table and it is reflected in
the SystemUser View on the CRM Server. When I go offline in SFO, my
SystemUser view does not have those extra attributes which causes my
SFO to fail when loading the page.

I notice that going offline in Outlook creates the following view
"CRMPub-Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM_SystemUserBase_VIEW" on the CRM
server which does show the extra attributes.  So how do i replicate
this down to the client?

Thanks
Linna

0
Linna
4/7/2005 5:57:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

These fields were added through deployment manager btw.

0
Linna
4/8/2005 5:08:55 PM
Does anybody have an answer to this?

0
Linna
4/11/2005 6:10:39 PM
Does anyone know the solution to this. Right now my solution is to run
the p_GenSpecificViewAndTriggers DB Script on the client, which is not
practical.
The view is actually updated for some entity such as Contact, but not
for SystemUser.

I really need to figure this out.
Thanks!

0
Linna

DNS Server not connecting through UDP
My event viewer on the Exchange server is saying "could not connect to the 1st DNS. The protocol used was UDP. It may be down or inaccessible". I have my 2 external DNS ip's (given to me by my ISP) entered into the Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties, Advanced, Configure. I have also configured the DNS IPs on my file server as forwarders. Any help as soon as possible is very much appreciated! Don't configure DNS servers in the SMTP Virtual Server. My understanding is that this method is actually slower than allowing the server to use the DNS servers set up ...

Offline synchronization error
We just upgraded to 2.0. We upgraded our OFFLINE database to 2.0 also. After I run a Z report on the networked computers, the following happens: The synchronoization window is open and shows folders floating from the left to the right and the window says: "Synchronizing table: Alias", it stays on this for a couple of minutes and the following error message pops up: Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)': OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Login timeout expired I've seen others have had this problem, an...

How to restore the line of: File, Edit, View, in excel
My excel 2003 now does not show the top line with the options: File, edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools, Chart, Windows, Help Dont find how to retore it, if press F11, they appear in a chart that automatically is add to workbook, but other sheets will not show it. Without this cannot use excel. Please advise how to restore it. alt/t>customize>toolbars>check worksheet menu bar> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "RPM55" <RPM55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF511981-107E-4B50-A06B-0A7F6ACC9606@microsoft.com... > My ...

How to read data from valentina db?
Hi Experts, I've got a data source that comprises of 3 files as; somedb.dat, somedb.ind and somedb.vdb which I guess belongs to a valentina database. I'd like to know if there's anyone who has dealt with such data and was able to import/parse the data form these files. And of course how. Any help, code, pointers would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Alp I've never heard of "a valentina database." The file/database/spreadsheet formats that Access supports are options in the File | Get External Data dialogs. If the valentina database can not expor...

Novell groupWise and MS-CRM
Hi, We are in a sales scenario with a client who is interested to purchase MS-CRM but they use Novell groupWise as e-mail system. has any one experience connecting MS-CRM to Novell groupWise? I appreciate any suggestion and hints. Thanks Max All documentation for MS CRM clearly states that Exchange is the only supported email integration. Active Directory is used for authentication. Your best bet is to get them off Groupwise and onto Outlook/Exchange ASAP. Their users will thank you. Groupwise does not work and play well with mobile devices, cellphones or the rest of the world tha...

ESM error ID c1030af2 "Internal Server Error"
Hi all, We are in progress of upgrading from our 2000 domain and Exchange to 2003. So far we have deployed a w2003 server, upgraded to a DC and transfered the FSMO roles from the old W2K DC. The W2K DC has been demoted to a member server this server hosts Exchange 2000. Exchange 2003 has been installed on the new 2003 DC in the same site as the E2K. We now come to mgrate Exchange 2000 from the old DC to the new DC with Exchange 2003. As described in Q307917 Removing the first Excahnge 2000 Server from the site, we attempt to connect to the Public folders using ESM to replicate and g...

t-sql command to change the server
Hello everyone, Is there a t-sql command to change the server. I know USE will change the database. Thanks, Himansu All T-SQL statements are related only to the current connection, which is to a particular server. There is no way from T-SQL to change the connection properties and change the server name. However, you can query different servers if they are set up as linked servers: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190479.aspx -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com Okay, thanks. "Plamen Ratchev" <Plamen@SQLStudio.com> wrote in messag...

SFO sync.
Often people get sync. errors when going online. It's probably because things on the server change compared to the offline data. I wondered if all the changes made offline sync correctly except the ones listed in the sync error box ?? Jack Jack, The SFO synch process does not check to see if the data on the server changed since the user went offline. If it did, then the offline users update would overwrite the one on the server. This is minimized a little in that the updates are for only the fields that were changed, so if one user updated the name and another update the phone numbe...

qsrules detect offline mode
anyone know how to detect off line mode with qsrules. Thanks Dave Session.Database.ConnectionIsPrimary R "izeko" <izeko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2277D126-7040-47E5-9C6D-6DCBD7898381@microsoft.com... > anyone know how to detect off line mode with qsrules. > > Thanks > > Dave Thanks. "RSB" wrote: > Session.Database.ConnectionIsPrimary > > R > > "izeko" <izeko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:2277D126-7040-47E5-9C6D-6DCBD7898381@microsoft.com... > > anyone know...

Offline Addrebss Book Enabled?
I am finishing up the conversion from Ex 2003 to Ex 2007. In working through the check list I found the Organization Configuration, Mailbox, Default Offline Address List, Distribution Tab - the "Enable Web-based distribution" area was grayed out so I cannot select the checkbox to enable this. Did I miss something in the setup? What did I do wrong and how do I correct the error? -- NC Beach Bum Run: Get-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address List" | fl and review the settings. In particular, verify that you're generating it on the Ex...

Maximizer to CRM Migrations
Does anyone know if there are Data Migration table spreadsheets out there like Microsoft has for ACT, Goldmine, Sieble etc. for Maximizer? We are going to be doing a Maximizer migration and have found limited info here. Seems best advice is either .csv export/import or Scribe. Any suggestions on what to do and not to do from experience would also be helpful. Thanks! Shauna If you have activities, notes and history in Maximizer that you will want to retain, the web UI import will not work and you'll need to use CRM's DMF or a product like Scribe. Matt Wittemann http://icu-ms...

SFO Offline Problem again
When i clicked "Offline" button, all those procedures work fine and i can see all Account/ contact. opportunities is download to my MSDE. But when i click "Account"/ "Contact" / "Opportunties" from my outlook, it got error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Anyone can help? Thanks in advance From my client Event viewer it shows: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

moving CRM installation and DB to new server
I have CRM 3.0 installed and running on a Win2k server, but I want to buy another Win2003 server and move CRM to this. How do i move the database and everything over without having users loose all data? how can i do this transition? If you are moving to another server within the same AD you can simply move the database .mdf and .log files over from your database to your new one and export the customization file from your original CRM server and import it into your new one. If you are moving to a server in a different AD you can use the redeployment tool. "justin" wrote: &g...

Offline Address Lists
Am I missing something? Why does the 'default Offline Address List' in Exchange 2003 allow you to add additional Address Lists in the properties if Outlook 2003 can only display 1 container (Global Address List or else another, not both) when offline. I assumed that the whole point of adding more lists to the offline address list was so that you could have those lists SIMUTANEOUSLY available for your offline OL clients, so I went through considerable setup only to find that I can't. ...

Changing Gantt View default columns
When I open MS Project Gantt view, the default columns are Indicators, Task Name, Duration, Start, Finish, Predecessors, and Resource Names. I would like the default columns to be Indicators, Task Name, Type, Work, Duration, Start, Finish, Baseline Start, Baseline Finish, Predecessors, and Resource Names. I've been throught the Help and searched here but didn't find anything. Is there a way to change the default columns? Thanks! I found a similar question that pointed me in the right direction, and this is how I solved the problem (I welcome more elegant solution...

CRM: User Guide or Training material
Hello, can somebody tell me if there is a downloadable version of the CRM User Guide or a training material. I will install and use it, but before I would like to have a material that would accelerate the learning cycle. Thanks Jeff If you have the cd's or can download CRM from MSDN you get a document called Implementation Guide which provides all of the information you need "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:035301c3ca2a$1c79b000$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > can somebody tell me if there is a downloadable version > of the CRM...

Viewing a .PUB file
I need to view a Publisher file that a client is emailing to me on a weekly basis. I do not have Publisher. Is their an application which will allow me to "view only" a Publisher file. I am not needing the edit or creation capabilities. I am trying to avoid having to purchase a copy of Publisher. Thanks Have your client send it as a PDF file. There is no viewer available for Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MValentine" <mvalentine@clds.net> wrote in message news:0ae601c495bb...

SFO with Office 2003
I am running SFO on XP & Office 2003 with strange CRM sync errors. 1. When I close CRM task from SFO (Outlook) I get the following message "This record is read only. Changes will not be synchronized with the Microsoft CRM system." The Actual End date is left blank. When I close tasks online they close without errors and they sync. 2. When I drag a CRM appointment from SFO I get the same message listed in 1. above and the time in CRM is incorrect. 3. When I close a CRM from SFO I get the same message that I listed in 1. above. The appoint seems to close properly & the Actua...

All I want is a view of all tasks across all folders!
Greetings Everyone, Using Outlook 2007... I have a fairly simple, and common, scenario; I have my main Tasks list and some connections to SharePoint 2007 Task lists. In Outlook terms, these are different Folders. All I want is a single holistic view of all tasks, across all of these folders. I am actually quite comfortable with Outlook and know how to create a view for "All task folders". However, it is not working; all I get is a blank resulting list. From the various tests and results I am getting, it looks as though the data may be corrupt. Are there any tool availab...

Using a 2nd Instance of CRM Databases
Can CRM databases be restored to a 2nd instance of SQL and for testing purposes? Thanks in advance for any responses! Dennis Thanks John "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvZ0pMjcDHA.652@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > As long as the second sql box was in the same domain and active directory i > do not see any issues > > > "Dennis Spading" <dennis.spading@born.com> wrote in message > news:emTmNFjcDHA.3044@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > Can CRM databases be restored to a 2nd instance of SQL and for test...

Offline Sync
Outlook 2002 is setup with offline mailbox but now when the user connects to the network, the offline mailbox will not ync automatically ? Client: Outlook 2002 sp2 Server: Exchange 2000 (Not integrated with ADS.) ...

CRM Mobile 3.0 #2
Hi, Does anyone know if the mobile client for CRM 3.0 will work with CRM 4.0? in theory, it should work as it uses the web service to run but not sure, keep me updated if you get any news as i need to know that myself. -- Kamal Hitari MBSS, MCNPS, MCTS 2B.net Ltd http://kamalhitari.blogspot.com David Hodgson wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know if the mobile client for CRM 3.0 will work with CRM 4.0? no its not compatible. "David Hodgson" <david.hodgson@nospam.com> wrote in message news:BDFE81B6-10A9-4615-8772-331CABBCC49D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Do...

Change Folder View When Using an Iframe to Display a Folder Contents
When an iFrame is being used to display the contents of a folder on a machine, is it possible to use VBScript to change the view of the folder? I've got a iFrame whose source is changed via VBScript, but when it changes the folder shows Icons. I'd rather view the folder Details instead. I don't know for sure, but I don't know of any way to access that setting in an open window. As personal settings they're not designed to be changeable by software. (Actually they're not very well designed to be changed by persons, either, but that's another story...

Display SMTP address in Outlook view
I have a user that has multiple SMTP addresses. How can I create an Outlook view that displays the SMTP address, that the email was send to, without it being resolved to the Display Name. Thanks in advanced, Cheers, Phil The only way to identify is looking at the message headers or you can try this third party app. http://www.ivasoft.biz/whichaddress.shtml James Chong MCSE + Messaging philt wrote: > I have a user that has multiple SMTP addresses. > How can I create an Outlook view that displays the SMTP address, that the > email was send to, without it being resolved to the Disp...

viewing on two different computers
I originally viewed my email from outlook on a different computer. I am working off of a 2nd computer at the same location. I have set up the email on the new computer through Windows Mail and I can send mail with no problem but I can't receive mail. I am still getting it in the other inbox ( the other original computer) Is it possible to receive mail in both inboxes? If so what do I have to do to start receiving mail on the new computer? If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave...