SFO offline - Acess denied - will it ever get resolved?

Hi,

I have been watching the same ole SFO offline 'access denied' error being
brought up over and over again in this group.

After finally locating the 'regedit' "change the value from 11 to 00" as
posted and finding it worked can anyone tell me if this problem has been
addressed by MS?

Before you ask - My hostname is 9 characters (from previous postings)

Now as much as I like to use regedit (sic!) it gets all a bit tedious if I
have to keep making the change every time I want to use offline SFO

After attending the ANZ partner conference and temporarily believing the
supposed fix for all things offline including this one would be part of the
1.2 feature pack 'upgrade' I then downloaded and applied....  suprise suprise
- made no difference at all...

Surely if MS know the Regedit modification fixes the issue, something a
little less amateur than modifiying a regkey could be distributed?

Does anyone have a 'proper' fix?

Cheers

Simon

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

not heard anything yet I'm afraid. I have been using the SFO client for 3
months than went offline last week and got the access denied message. Of
course hacking the usersecinfo key fixed it but many companies will lock
down their users registries using group policies etc so this is not always
possible.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Simon Molloy" <Simon Molloy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have been watching the same ole SFO offline 'access denied' error being
> brought up over and over again in this group.
>
> After finally locating the 'regedit' "change the value from 11 to 00" as
> posted and finding it worked can anyone tell me if this problem has been
> addressed by MS?
>
> Before you ask - My hostname is 9 characters (from previous postings)
>
> Now as much as I like to use regedit (sic!) it gets all a bit tedious if I
> have to keep making the change every time I want to use offline SFO
>
> After attending the ANZ partner conference and temporarily believing the
> supposed fix for all things offline including this one would be part of
the
> 1.2 feature pack 'upgrade' I then downloaded and applied....  suprise
suprise
> - made no difference at all...
>
> Surely if MS know the Regedit modification fixes the issue, something a
> little less amateur than modifiying a regkey could be distributed?
>
> Does anyone have a 'proper' fix?
>
> Cheers
>
> Simon

0
John
9/20/2004 3:29:08 AM
So many re-installs.. so little time.  :-)

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> not heard anything yet I'm afraid. I have been using the SFO client for 3
> months than went offline last week and got the access denied message. Of
> course hacking the usersecinfo key fixed it but many companies will lock
> down their users registries using group policies etc so this is not always
> possible.
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
>

> "Simon Molloy" <Simon Molloy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been watching the same ole SFO offline 'access denied' error being
> > brought up over and over again in this group.
> >
> > After finally locating the 'regedit' "change the value from 11 to 00" as
> > posted and finding it worked can anyone tell me if this problem has been
> > addressed by MS?
> >
> > Before you ask - My hostname is 9 characters (from previous postings)
> >
> > Now as much as I like to use regedit (sic!) it gets all a bit tedious if I
> > have to keep making the change every time I want to use offline SFO
> >
> > After attending the ANZ partner conference and temporarily believing the
> > supposed fix for all things offline including this one would be part of
> the
> > 1.2 feature pack 'upgrade' I then downloaded and applied....  suprise
> suprise
> > - made no difference at all...
> >
> > Surely if MS know the Regedit modification fixes the issue, something a
> > little less amateur than modifiying a regkey could be distributed?
> >
> > Does anyone have a 'proper' fix?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Simon

Getting list of files in a directory
Hi everyone, I'm trying to write a routine that will enable me to find all files matching a wildcard in a specified directory- in the example below, it should return all files ending with .bmp in the C:\Logos\ directory - however, the fd.cFileName is blank - whats wrong? Thanks for your help Paul ------------ WIN32_FIND_DATA fd; HANDLE hDir; char * filePath = "C:\\Logos\\"; char * bitmapWildcard = "*.bmp"; strcpy( filePath, bitmapWildcard); \\ Look for C:\Logos\*.bmp hDir = FindFirstFile(bitmapWildcard, &fd); do { char * fileNam...

Outlook: My Documents: Access Denied
Using pass through security the user gets his My Documents access on the desktop. But when we try to access the My Documents through Outlook I get access denied. What can be done to allow the same pass through security to apply to the My Documents from within the Outlook client. The specific issues is the user is trying to do a save as to My Documents through the icon in Outlook when you select Save As... "Justin" <sharp_justin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OnJohoVkJHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Using pass through security the user gets his My Documents ac...

Offline synchronization error
We just upgraded to 2.0. We upgraded our OFFLINE database to 2.0 also. After I run a Z report on the networked computers, the following happens: The synchronoization window is open and shows folders floating from the left to the right and the window says: "Synchronizing table: Alias", it stays on this for a couple of minutes and the following error message pops up: Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)': OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Login timeout expired I've seen others have had this problem, an...

Any way to get print dialog from Print Preview?
This is frustrating, but maybe I'm just being dense. I'm running Excel 2003. If I click on Print... and then select Preview, there is a button that says Print... on the resulting Preview window toolbar, but it isn't Print... it's Print (no ...). The ... is supposed to indicate a dialog. So, to me, there are 2 problems. First is that the toolbar button is wrong. I always think it's going to give me a dialog where I can specify resolution, printer, color, etc., but then it just shoots the job over to the printer. Any way to change the button and fix this bug? Second, ...

Why are we suddenly today getting tons of junk e-mails on Outlook
This has not happened before. Today is the first time we are getting tons of junk mail on Outlook. Why? I am not getting this same behavior? What are your environmentals? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mila asked: | This has not happened before. Today is the first time we are getting | tons of junk mail on Outlook. Why? =?Utf-8?B?TWlsYQ==?= wrote in news:F61CB3CB-D1BD-4AD4-AE30-FFAB85BB63D7@microsoft.com...

Getting rid of macro
Hi all, I "inherited" an Excel workbook from a colleague which contained a macro. Now if I open the file I always get the warning message that the file contains a makro. If I choose to disable the macro, I get error messages related to makros being disabled. However, when I go to "Tools" --> "Marcos" there is not a single maco shown. (Independent of whether I chose to enable/disable the marco when opening the file). My question is: How do I get rid of any trace of that original macro in the workbook? Rgds, Thore Hi you also have to delete the (empt...

SFO sync.
Often people get sync. errors when going online. It's probably because things on the server change compared to the offline data. I wondered if all the changes made offline sync correctly except the ones listed in the sync error box ?? Jack Jack, The SFO synch process does not check to see if the data on the server changed since the user went offline. If it did, then the offline users update would overwrite the one on the server. This is minimized a little in that the updates are for only the fields that were changed, so if one user updated the name and another update the phone numbe...

qsrules detect offline mode
anyone know how to detect off line mode with qsrules. Thanks Dave Session.Database.ConnectionIsPrimary R "izeko" <izeko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2277D126-7040-47E5-9C6D-6DCBD7898381@microsoft.com... > anyone know how to detect off line mode with qsrules. > > Thanks > > Dave Thanks. "RSB" wrote: > Session.Database.ConnectionIsPrimary > > R > > "izeko" <izeko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:2277D126-7040-47E5-9C6D-6DCBD7898381@microsoft.com... > > anyone know...

I accidentally deleted a contact list
Right when I did it, a brief msg flashed that said something about where it went - junk folder ? I don't recall. I am using MS Office Professional 2007 and find the Contacts and Distribution Lists very confusing! I meant to delete a distribution list and ended up deleting a contacts list. It's in the Deleted items folder - search for it there if you can't find it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-reque...

Offline Addrebss Book Enabled?
I am finishing up the conversion from Ex 2003 to Ex 2007. In working through the check list I found the Organization Configuration, Mailbox, Default Offline Address List, Distribution Tab - the "Enable Web-based distribution" area was grayed out so I cannot select the checkbox to enable this. Did I miss something in the setup? What did I do wrong and how do I correct the error? -- NC Beach Bum Run: Get-OfflineAddressBook "Default Offline Address List" | fl and review the settings. In particular, verify that you're generating it on the Ex...

SFO Offline Problem again
When i clicked "Offline" button, all those procedures work fine and i can see all Account/ contact. opportunities is download to my MSDE. But when i click "Account"/ "Contact" / "Opportunties" from my outlook, it got error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Anyone can help? Thanks in advance From my client Event viewer it shows: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

Offline Address Lists
Am I missing something? Why does the 'default Offline Address List' in Exchange 2003 allow you to add additional Address Lists in the properties if Outlook 2003 can only display 1 container (Global Address List or else another, not both) when offline. I assumed that the whole point of adding more lists to the offline address list was so that you could have those lists SIMUTANEOUSLY available for your offline OL clients, so I went through considerable setup only to find that I can't. ...

ASP.NET Gets Error "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay" to outside domain
Hello, I am an ASP running my own ISP using SBS 2003 and EX2003, and currently have 25 domains I am hosting. My problem is that my ASP.Net pages cannot send email using System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail to an addressee not already in my domain recipeint policy. This is a problem, as the code should be able to allow anyone in the world to register with the site and then recieve an email message from the code. It seems to me that I should be able to somehow configure the ASP.NET user to have full open relay permissions, or some other clever solution that will not turn me into an open relay, yet st...

access denied
Installed verifone 1000se and test successfully. But get an "access denied" when launching POS, then a pin-pad communication failure message. -- Biloxi This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0D6C_01C79D97.9F4091E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Biloxi, Do you have _all_ of the EDC info filled out on the EDC tab of SO Admin? Are you logged in to the computer as an Administrator? If not, you need = to allow Registry access to the RMS entries HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retai...

SFO with Office 2003
I am running SFO on XP & Office 2003 with strange CRM sync errors. 1. When I close CRM task from SFO (Outlook) I get the following message "This record is read only. Changes will not be synchronized with the Microsoft CRM system." The Actual End date is left blank. When I close tasks online they close without errors and they sync. 2. When I drag a CRM appointment from SFO I get the same message listed in 1. above and the time in CRM is incorrect. 3. When I close a CRM from SFO I get the same message that I listed in 1. above. The appoint seems to close properly & the Actua...

Why do I get two different paste special screens?
Sometimes I get the paste special where I can select 'Value'. Other times I get a paste special that only gives me a list of types of files. What causes this? "NewToExcel" wrote: > Sometimes I get the paste special where I can select 'Value'. > Other times I get a paste special that only gives me a list of > types of files. What causes this? In my experience, when I paste-special from one workbook to another, I get the first paste-special menu when both workbooks are open in the same instance of Excel; and I get the second paste-special men...

0x8004010F - OAB download
Hi, he have Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 in native mode. We have 17.000 mailboxes in our organisation, only a few user get a 0x8004010F error (object not found on Exchange Server) when then want to download the OAB. The rest of the user have no problems with the OAB download. In some cases the OAB download is working for a mailbox when the user was loged on with the primary account of the mailbox. when they log on the mailbox with an additional account with mailbox rights the download of the OAB produce the 0x8004010F error. Any ideas. Thank you ...

Getting mail to send in Entourage
Version: 2008 Email Client: pop Hi I am new to Mac, I have a 13&quot; Macbook Pro bought a few weeks ago. <br> Im not sure what my problem is but I can receive all my mail ok but can not send any... When I use Mail it all works fine and I have typed the same outgoing details in the field. and I have chosen Entourage as the main email program. Am I missing something.... Thanks On 2010-05-26 21:42:32 -0400, dtunkin@officeformac.com said: Hi, > Im not sure what my problem is but I can receive all my mail ok but can > not send any... It means that your SMTP ser...

Offline Sync
Outlook 2002 is setup with offline mailbox but now when the user connects to the network, the offline mailbox will not ync automatically ? Client: Outlook 2002 sp2 Server: Exchange 2000 (Not integrated with ADS.) ...

How do I get Exchange 2003 to utilize more memory?
I have a single Exchange 2003 server with 4 GIG of RAM. The Store is using 1,093,832K of RAM and 1,087,122 of VM. This fluctuates slightly. There are 2 GIGs of free memory on the server. How do I get Exchange to use more RAM? I have the /fastdetect /3GB /Userva=3030 in my boot.ini. The server also has a 1.7 GB page file. Thanks in advance, Chet Perhaps 1GB is all Exchange needs. "Chet Mlemly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20a801c49a78$46413c90$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I have a single Exchange 2003 server with 4 GIG of RAM. > The Sto...

How do I color one cell and have another cell get same color
I want to assign a yellow color to either of 2 cells and have a seperate cell turn the same color As far as I know, Excel does not recognize a color change as an event to which it will react. The same for Conditional Formatting. Perhaps you can work with the condition that drives you to color either of those 2 cells. Post back and provide more info on what you have and what you want to have. HTH Otto "glassman" <glassman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5B1B2B1-A641-4EC3-809A-5F91E16EE46E@microsoft.com... > I want to assign a yellow colo...

How do I get brackets in format cells accounting?
In Excel 2000, "format cells accounting" got me brackets around negative numbers. Excel 2003 gives me a negative sign. Is there any to change this? I know I can get the format I want in custom, but this seems to require formatting each cell. Highlight all the desired cells. Right click and select Format Cells. From the Number tab you can select the desired view. "allan" wrote: > In Excel 2000, "format cells accounting" got me brackets around negative > numbers. Excel 2003 gives me a negative sign. Is there any to change this? > I know I c...

Synchronization of the SFO
What is the Story on Synchronization of the SFO over a WAN LINK? Does it WORK . Especially first time Synch. What if it's a BU Manager and his BU's DATA is over 100Megs Or even a Company Owner that wants everything OffLine It is recommended that the first sych be done locally since all the records are being created. Subsequent synchs can definitely be done over a WAN link. Is there any way your BU Manager arrange to do that first synch while connected directly? "Need Some Help" wrote: > What is the Story on Synchronization of the SFO over a WAN LINK? > &g...

How to get rid of Microsoft Office Reminders?
I have latest patched version of Office for Mac. Not yet upraded to newest Snow Lepard. I want to make Microsoft Office Reminders NOT run. I don't use it and I don't want my experimental entries showing up. I've tried killing "Microsoft Database" from Settings/Account/Login Items, but it keeps coming back. I don't know if is the one that controls it, but I want that not to run too. Where is the definitive setting to stop Office Reminders and/or Microsoft database? -- --rms www.rmschneider.com Hi Rob, the Office database is needed for Entourage to ru...

Terminal Offline Mode
When running in Terminal Offline Mode does the client need to have the license dongle attached to the machine? If not then the program would run in Eval mode, and then how is the main database updated? After the pos sees the main database back on line it will ask you if you want to up date. "Tony Cormack" <Tony Cormack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68864117-C6FE-49B4-9A9A-2B0E564C53A0@microsoft.com... > When running in Terminal Offline Mode does the client need to have the > license dongle attached to the machine? If not then the program would run ...