SFO Installation Error - Can't Find CRM Server

It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server"
installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it.
Please help!  I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no
problems.  Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error:

Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components.

Thanks for your help.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Please make sure that the user you use to login on your pc is also known in
crm with the same user name and password. this is required!

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"Troy" wrote:

> It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server"
> installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it.
> Please help!  I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no
> problems.  Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error:
>
> Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components.
>
> Thanks for your help.

And also to make sure that the user has a license assigned to him as well.

"Ronald Lemmen" <RonaldL@-REMOVETHIS-avanade.com> wrote in message
> Please make sure that the user you use to login on your pc is also known
in
> crm with the same user name and password. this is required!
>
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
>
> "Troy" wrote:
>
> > It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM
Server"
> > installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix
it.
> > Please help!  I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no
> > problems.  Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error:
> >
> > Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

0
John

Error: Memory could not be read
I am running a Multithreaded VC application and some times I am getting the error in my application when it runs on the production server. "The instruction ********** referenced memory at "***********". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program. But when I test the same on other machines I am unable replicate . As it is production server I am unable to Debug in that system. Both systems have same configurations (windows XP professional, 2002 version, service pack1) Can someone let me know what are all the general ...

Install security patch
--wqfpclohexzdfp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vplwoogoktv"; type="multipart/alternative" --vplwoogoktv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bkrntsvk" --bkrntsvk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

t-sql command to change the server
Hello everyone, Is there a t-sql command to change the server. I know USE will change the database. Thanks, Himansu All T-SQL statements are related only to the current connection, which is to a particular server. There is no way from T-SQL to change the connection properties and change the server name. However, you can query different servers if they are set up as linked servers: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190479.aspx -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com Okay, thanks. "Plamen Ratchev" <Plamen@SQLStudio.com> wrote in messag...

SFO sync.
Often people get sync. errors when going online. It's probably because things on the server change compared to the offline data. I wondered if all the changes made offline sync correctly except the ones listed in the sync error box ?? Jack Jack, The SFO synch process does not check to see if the data on the server changed since the user went offline. If it did, then the offline users update would overwrite the one on the server. This is minimized a little in that the updates are for only the fields that were changed, so if one user updated the name and another update the phone numbe...

ESM error ID c1030af2 "Internal Server Error"
Hi all, We are in progress of upgrading from our 2000 domain and Exchange to 2003. So far we have deployed a w2003 server, upgraded to a DC and transfered the FSMO roles from the old W2K DC. The W2K DC has been demoted to a member server this server hosts Exchange 2000. Exchange 2003 has been installed on the new 2003 DC in the same site as the E2K. We now come to mgrate Exchange 2000 from the old DC to the new DC with Exchange 2003. As described in Q307917 Removing the first Excahnge 2000 Server from the site, we attempt to connect to the Public folders using ESM to replicate and g...

moving CRM installation and DB to new server
I have CRM 3.0 installed and running on a Win2k server, but I want to buy another Win2003 server and move CRM to this. How do i move the database and everything over without having users loose all data? how can i do this transition? If you are moving to another server within the same AD you can simply move the database .mdf and .log files over from your database to your new one and export the customization file from your original CRM server and import it into your new one. If you are moving to a server in a different AD you can use the redeployment tool. "justin" wrote: &g...

SFO Offline Problem again
When i clicked "Offline" button, all those procedures work fine and i can see all Account/ contact. opportunities is download to my MSDE. But when i click "Account"/ "Contact" / "Opportunties" from my outlook, it got error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Anyone can help? Thanks in advance From my client Event viewer it shows: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

Relay Error? #2
When sending to one particular domain, I receive the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mailservername.com #5.7.1 smtp;501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <sender> to <recipient> for I.P.Address> I can telnet port 25 of this domain from my Exchange Server, and can successfully send mail via commands (which eliminates blacklisting), so I'm thinking that it's a configuration issue with my Exchange Server. I checked to ensure that Realying wan't al...

Error 80131509
I have crm 3.0. Recently We started receiving this error any time the system has to send an email automatically. The email for the case creation stays on the system. If I try to send the email with the send button in activities it goes out without issue. ...

Outlook 2002 Error msg. after closing program
After I close Outlook 2002 I get the following error message: PROGRA~1\mi1933~\Office10\Outlook.exe Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated. Hi Jim, Based on my experience, the issue may occur in several situations and we may have to completely remove Office program to check the problem. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated. To narrow it down, let us try the following troubleshooting steps: Repair Outlook ========== 1) Close Outlook, click start menu | control panel 2) Click "add/remove program". 3) Click "change or remove programs...

Strange error
Hello, I am trying to a load a RSS with some really simple=20 code. However when I run the code I got this error: '=1F', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character. Line=20 1, position 1. Though the rss seems to me well formed. Here is the code=20 and the rss. TestRSS("http://www- 106.ibm.com/developerworks/news/dw_webservices.rss") Function TestRSS(ByVal strRSS As String) Dim reader As New XmlTextReader(strRSS) ' Load the XmlTextReader to the XmlDocument Dim xmlDoc As New XmlDocument Try xmlDoc.Load(reader) ...

Install CRM 4.0 on same server as CRM 3.0 without upgrading
We have two organizations currenlty using CRM 3.0. One of the organizations wants to install CRM 4.0 and start over without bringing any historical data over. The other organization will continue to use CRM 3.0. Is is possible for me to install CRM 4.0 alongside CRM 3.0 without upgrading CRM 3.0 on the same server? As far as I know, this configuration isn't possible. If I remember correctly, it's not even possible to run two CRM 3.0 instances on one server, so I don't know how you have achieved this... -- Neil Benson, Customery -- UK online community for CRM customers an...

Error message when opening attachments
I receive the following error when trying to open mail attachments: OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer: 10.06626.0 szModName:hungapp szModVer:0.0.0.0 I use the install disc to "repair" MS - but error persists. Can anyone assist me? Hi Robert, This issue can occur if the Outlook cache files are corrupt. Please perform the steps below to rename and recreate them: Step1: Rename Cache files =============== Perform a search on your computer to find the following files: extend.dat outcmd.dat frmcache.dat views.dat NOTE: Some of them may not exist, but it should not matter. You may also need ...

windows installer; preparing to install
Every time I go to open OUTLOOK, I get a message saying 'Preparing to install' that won't go away for up to 1 minute. The hard-drive on this pc recently crashed, and all the programs on it were reinstalled, so I think the problem has something to do with the registry. I have an install CD for Office 2003 that includes OUTLOOK, and when I try and uninstall / reinstall the program, it isn't removing Outlook - that selection is grayed out. ...

windows installer 3.0
My computer is OS Windows XP PRO, SP3. I attempted to upgrade my security suite CA2007 to CA ISS 2010 and I was only able to partially install it. A windows installer message kept popping up asking to install a file from a temp folder and showing the Source List product code. I used regedit to look up the code and it belongs to a "AMRT.msi". Looking for this file on the Web; I think it could possibly be malware. It is not doing anything-I think-it is just there in the registry. This pop up message from Windows Installer is preventing me from installing AntiVirus softwar...

SFO with Office 2003
I am running SFO on XP & Office 2003 with strange CRM sync errors. 1. When I close CRM task from SFO (Outlook) I get the following message "This record is read only. Changes will not be synchronized with the Microsoft CRM system." The Actual End date is left blank. When I close tasks online they close without errors and they sync. 2. When I drag a CRM appointment from SFO I get the same message listed in 1. above and the time in CRM is incorrect. 3. When I close a CRM from SFO I get the same message that I listed in 1. above. The appoint seems to close properly & the Actua...

I lost my installation disk for Money 2006
How can I obtain a replacement copy, and what information will MS require from me? ...

Update Failing to Install
Hi, I have Money 2007 on Windows Vista. After I started Money it said that there was an update. It downloaded the update, closed Money, installed it, and restarted it, but every time it opens it says that the update isn't installed, and offers to download it again. Now, it won't even sign in any more. Is there anywhere to download this update and manually install it? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811 "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5710384E-84F7-4C24-9596-1C23BB28226A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Money 2007 ...

Outlook 2002 hang with error message when closing. #2
My customer is using Windows 98 operating system, with the Office 2002 (XP) version, and many user encounter error message during they want to close the outlook, the problem did not happen when they open it, appreciate somebody can help/advice on this issue. Below is the Error report Contents:Exception Information Code: 0xfff60951 Flags: 0x00000000 Record: 0x00000000c0000005 Address: 0x0000000000000000 System Information Windows, Minor Version: 10 Build:67766446 CPU Version Code:88A78094 - 30025EC0 -00000001 cpu Version: 00000686 CPU FeatureCode: 0383F9FF CPU AMD Feature Code:...

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

System error when loading xml document
Hello, When I load an XML document using the LoadXml function, I get a "System error" exception raised. What causes this? the XML document is valid. Regards Simon Jefferies Tools Programmer, Headfirst Productions mailto:simonj@headfirst.co.uk www.callofcthulhu.com www.deadlandsgame.com - Simon Jefferies wrote: > When I load an XML document using the LoadXml function, I get a "System > error" exception raised. > > What causes this? the XML document is valid. LoadXml doesn't validate at all so validity is not relevant. I guess you do not get the...

How to install program
How to install the program for the standard user but using the administrative privileges of Administrator? "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message news:eJT1RLwjKHA.4500@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How to install the program for the standard user but using the > administrative privileges of Administrator? > > Right-click on the executable and choose "run as administrator" That does not work hence my question. Doing as that the message is: "You must be logged as an administrator when installing this program" Claire &quo...

Exch2003
Hi! When I installed our OWA frontend server, a temporary server was acting as global catalog server etc (because our primary server had be be migrated from win2000 to win2003). The OWA frontend was moved to the DMZ before the new server was up and running. But bow I want to take down the temporary server - and when I look at the "Directory Access" tab of the properties on the OWA frontend in the Exch System Manager, the "Configuration Domain Controller" and "Global Catalog" server is set to the temporary server. I know how to change the "Global Catalog&qu...

Synchronization of the SFO
What is the Story on Synchronization of the SFO over a WAN LINK? Does it WORK . Especially first time Synch. What if it's a BU Manager and his BU's DATA is over 100Megs Or even a Company Owner that wants everything OffLine It is recommended that the first sych be done locally since all the records are being created. Subsequent synchs can definitely be done over a WAN link. Is there any way your BU Manager arrange to do that first synch while connected directly? "Need Some Help" wrote: > What is the Story on Synchronization of the SFO over a WAN LINK? > &g...

New .Net 2.0 Install?
I'm attempting to install Financial Calculator software for my Palm 700w. When I do I prompted to install .Net 2.0.50727. Will this cause any issues with CRM 3.0? I don't want to mes something up that I can't fix. Thanks. Hi Lloyd, Are you installing the finance calc on your PC? if so, you are ok because CRM is a server based app. You use internet explorer (or outlook) to access CRM, but the processing is done on the web server. So, the framework on your local pc doesn't matter. Also, the CRM web server must be configured to use .net 1.1. Note: you can install .net 2.0...