SFO client install error 02-03-05

hello...
i have got a problem that the shortcuts and the crm icon in the mail box
will not show out when i install the SFO client software and I got the error
message

"Setup has failed because of an error. Setup unable to install the .msi file
for Microsoft CRM SFO"

I have tried to uninstall the software many time, even i changed the Domain
but the problem still happened.

does anyone get the idea how to resolve it?

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jerry,
Be sure you followed all of the pre requisites before the install is
attempted.
Make sure the web client is operational.
Indexing services are installed.
The user for the install requires Domain Admin, Local Admin and Domain User
rights, but remember to demote to the relevant securities after the install.
Then try the install.
If all of this has been done and you still get the error, it might require a
call to Microsoft.
Hope this helps,
Nathan

"jerry" wrote:

> hello...
> i have got a problem that the shortcuts and the crm icon in the mail box
> will not show out when i install the SFO client software and I got the error
> message
>
> "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup unable to install the .msi file
> for Microsoft CRM SFO"
>
> I have tried to uninstall the software many time, even i changed the Domain
> but the problem still happened.
>
> does anyone get the idea how to resolve it?
>
> Thanks
having the same error, and I have followed everything that I have found
searching through the forum. Get the error when it is "creating and
configuring databases"

"Nathan Warner" wrote:

> Jerry,
> Be sure you followed all of the pre requisites before the install is
> attempted.
> Make sure the web client is operational.
> Indexing services are installed.
> The user for the install requires Domain Admin, Local Admin and Domain User
> rights, but remember to demote to the relevant securities after the install.
> Then try the install.
> If all of this has been done and you still get the error, it might require a
> call to Microsoft.
> Hope this helps,
> Nathan
>

> "jerry" wrote:
>
> > hello...
> > i have got a problem that the shortcuts and the crm icon in the mail box
> > will not show out when i install the SFO client software and I got the error
> > message
> >
> > "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup unable to install the .msi file
> > for Microsoft CRM SFO"
> >
> > I have tried to uninstall the software many time, even i changed the Domain
> > but the problem still happened.
> >
> > does anyone get the idea how to resolve it?
> >
> > Thanks

Tables 08-03-07
I want to calculate people's ages and add them into a table, I have the code: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Function Age2(Birthdate As Date) Age2 = Int((Date - Birthdate) / 365.25) End Function Is it possible to take this code and make it calculate and then add the people's ages to the table? Consider the following scenario before you actually start adding "ages" to your table... You add a new person. That person's birthday is tomorrow. You add another new person. That person's birthday is one month away. If you don't go into yo...

ESM error ID c1030af2 "Internal Server Error"
Hi all, We are in progress of upgrading from our 2000 domain and Exchange to 2003. So far we have deployed a w2003 server, upgraded to a DC and transfered the FSMO roles from the old W2K DC. The W2K DC has been demoted to a member server this server hosts Exchange 2000. Exchange 2003 has been installed on the new 2003 DC in the same site as the E2K. We now come to mgrate Exchange 2000 from the old DC to the new DC with Exchange 2003. As described in Q307917 Removing the first Excahnge 2000 Server from the site, we attempt to connect to the Public folders using ESM to replicate and g...

SFO sync.
Often people get sync. errors when going online. It's probably because things on the server change compared to the offline data. I wondered if all the changes made offline sync correctly except the ones listed in the sync error box ?? Jack Jack, The SFO synch process does not check to see if the data on the server changed since the user went offline. If it did, then the offline users update would overwrite the one on the server. This is minimized a little in that the updates are for only the fields that were changed, so if one user updated the name and another update the phone numbe...

Error code 1603
Just recently, I downloaded version 7.1 for my Wireless Mouse Explorer v.2 and tried to install it. It does not ending in an error code 1603. I investigated that error code and found no helpful explanation under Microsoft's support except for the extraordinary helpful hint that this error is by design ...HuuH? What a BS. I followed all instruction by removing Intellipoint, did a Clean up afterwards etc. Still no success. I had to install the old version 6,2 and even this caused some problems. At one time I had a MS techie from India on the phone and he saw what happened and...

CRM and Great Plains Basic Installation Instructions for Client
I did a search for installation instructions for CRM and it reported no articles found. Just loading CRM can be a major ordeal with this fix and that fix, and to not have an easy to find detailed instructions is just confounding to me. How about just a basic list on how an installation of CRM and Great Plains on the client system. Thank you. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t...

Error: Memory could not be read
I am running a Multithreaded VC application and some times I am getting the error in my application when it runs on the production server. "The instruction ********** referenced memory at "***********". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program. But when I test the same on other machines I am unable replicate . As it is production server I am unable to Debug in that system. Both systems have same configurations (windows XP professional, 2002 version, service pack1) Can someone let me know what are all the general ...

Install security patch
--wqfpclohexzdfp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vplwoogoktv"; type="multipart/alternative" --vplwoogoktv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bkrntsvk" --bkrntsvk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help main...

Outlook vs. Firewall Client
Many years use OE, first time trying Outlook.... And troubles are here. We use Firewall Client (ISA 2000, ISA 2004 - one of two channels possible to select) for internet access. Everything works fine, including OE. Install Outlook, setup client account and "Task 'mail.domianname.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)." And this is strange: checking mail settings from similar window fro...

CRM tool bar disappeared in Client for Outlook
Hi, The CRM menu Button bar ( on the main ruler: "File, Edit...") dissappeared with no reason. When I open a new mail I don't see anything to get the email tracked in CRM. I tried to check in the Tool->Options->Other->advanced Options>Add in specified at: http://piyushmittal.wordpress.com/category/mscrm/ms-crm-troubleshotting/ but I don't see there any location path, so I can't follow the instructions there... I did not make anything yet using the Client for Outlook CRM 4.0, so I don't see why this should happen. Thanks a lot Has it worked at all...

moving CRM installation and DB to new server
I have CRM 3.0 installed and running on a Win2k server, but I want to buy another Win2003 server and move CRM to this. How do i move the database and everything over without having users loose all data? how can i do this transition? If you are moving to another server within the same AD you can simply move the database .mdf and .log files over from your database to your new one and export the customization file from your original CRM server and import it into your new one. If you are moving to a server in a different AD you can use the redeployment tool. "justin" wrote: &g...

SFO Offline Problem again
When i clicked "Offline" button, all those procedures work fine and i can see all Account/ contact. opportunities is download to my MSDE. But when i click "Account"/ "Contact" / "Opportunties" from my outlook, it got error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Anyone can help? Thanks in advance From my client Event viewer it shows: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

Relay Error? #2
When sending to one particular domain, I receive the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mailservername.com #5.7.1 smtp;501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <sender> to <recipient> for I.P.Address> I can telnet port 25 of this domain from my Exchange Server, and can successfully send mail via commands (which eliminates blacklisting), so I'm thinking that it's a configuration issue with my Exchange Server. I checked to ensure that Realying wan't al...

Error 80131509
I have crm 3.0. Recently We started receiving this error any time the system has to send an email automatically. The email for the case creation stays on the system. If I try to send the email with the send button in activities it goes out without issue. ...

Outlook 2002 Error msg. after closing program
After I close Outlook 2002 I get the following error message: PROGRA~1\mi1933~\Office10\Outlook.exe Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated. Hi Jim, Based on my experience, the issue may occur in several situations and we may have to completely remove Office program to check the problem. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated. To narrow it down, let us try the following troubleshooting steps: Repair Outlook ========== 1) Close Outlook, click start menu | control panel 2) Click "add/remove program". 3) Click "change or remove programs...

Strange error
Hello, I am trying to a load a RSS with some really simple=20 code. However when I run the code I got this error: '=1F', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character. Line=20 1, position 1. Though the rss seems to me well formed. Here is the code=20 and the rss. TestRSS("http://www- 106.ibm.com/developerworks/news/dw_webservices.rss") Function TestRSS(ByVal strRSS As String) Dim reader As New XmlTextReader(strRSS) ' Load the XmlTextReader to the XmlDocument Dim xmlDoc As New XmlDocument Try xmlDoc.Load(reader) ...

I lost my installation disk for Money 2006
How can I obtain a replacement copy, and what information will MS require from me? ...

SFO with Office 2003
I am running SFO on XP & Office 2003 with strange CRM sync errors. 1. When I close CRM task from SFO (Outlook) I get the following message "This record is read only. Changes will not be synchronized with the Microsoft CRM system." The Actual End date is left blank. When I close tasks online they close without errors and they sync. 2. When I drag a CRM appointment from SFO I get the same message listed in 1. above and the time in CRM is incorrect. 3. When I close a CRM from SFO I get the same message that I listed in 1. above. The appoint seems to close properly & the Actua...

Update Failing to Install
Hi, I have Money 2007 on Windows Vista. After I started Money it said that there was an update. It downloaded the update, closed Money, installed it, and restarted it, but every time it opens it says that the update isn't installed, and offers to download it again. Now, it won't even sign in any more. Is there anywhere to download this update and manually install it? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811 "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5710384E-84F7-4C24-9596-1C23BB28226A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Money 2007 ...

Outlook 2002 hang with error message when closing. #2
My customer is using Windows 98 operating system, with the Office 2002 (XP) version, and many user encounter error message during they want to close the outlook, the problem did not happen when they open it, appreciate somebody can help/advice on this issue. Below is the Error report Contents:Exception Information Code: 0xfff60951 Flags: 0x00000000 Record: 0x00000000c0000005 Address: 0x0000000000000000 System Information Windows, Minor Version: 10 Build:67766446 CPU Version Code:88A78094 - 30025EC0 -00000001 cpu Version: 00000686 CPU FeatureCode: 0383F9FF CPU AMD Feature Code:...

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

System error when loading xml document
Hello, When I load an XML document using the LoadXml function, I get a "System error" exception raised. What causes this? the XML document is valid. Regards Simon Jefferies Tools Programmer, Headfirst Productions mailto:simonj@headfirst.co.uk www.callofcthulhu.com www.deadlandsgame.com - Simon Jefferies wrote: > When I load an XML document using the LoadXml function, I get a "System > error" exception raised. > > What causes this? the XML document is valid. LoadXml doesn't validate at all so validity is not relevant. I guess you do not get the...

multiple client talking to TREAM socket server?
How to write a Socket tream server program to talk with multiple client at same time? Reny Reny J Joseph Thuthikattu wrote: > > How to write a Socket tream server program to talk with multiple client at > same time? > Reny If the number of clients is small (maybe 10 or less) then you can create a thread for each client and process each connected socket in its own thread. If there are more than a few clients then you should use a thread pool and IO completion ports so the number of threads will stay small. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

HTTP File Transfer - client to server
I've been looking for a way to transfer a file (.zip, .jpg, etc) from the client to the server via HTTP (and NOT FTP). I've seen some post regarding this but I've yet to see anything complete. Some posts have talked about setting up the MIME-type on the server to allow for this to accept the files; and some simply say use the 'post' or 'put' method. So far I have not been able to get this to work. I'm using VS C++ 2003 with a sql server 2003 .Net set up on the server side. I would greatly like to put this issue to rest (for myself and all the other frustrat...

error 1335 office.1 cab
i can no longer get into my sent items from my outlookthe folder the first message said: Unable to display Errors have been dectected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\pmargolis\My Documents\Outlook\outlook.pst Quit all email-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. ok so i do this and then following message: ERROR 1335 OFFICE1.cab file required for this instillation is corrupt and cannot be used. the disc is new and the cd drive works fine as i've tested it. what to do? ...

New .Net 2.0 Install?
I'm attempting to install Financial Calculator software for my Palm 700w. When I do I prompted to install .Net 2.0.50727. Will this cause any issues with CRM 3.0? I don't want to mes something up that I can't fix. Thanks. Hi Lloyd, Are you installing the finance calc on your PC? if so, you are ok because CRM is a server based app. You use internet explorer (or outlook) to access CRM, but the processing is done on the web server. So, the framework on your local pc doesn't matter. Also, the CRM web server must be configured to use .net 1.1. Note: you can install .net 2.0...