SFO buttons vanish when docking

We are having a strange problem where the SFO buttons vanish when a laptop is
powered on in a docking station. We find that SFO has been disabled and we
have to go through the process of reenabling it.

Booting up the same laptop without the docking station SFO buttons are OK.

We are using Dell laptops and docking stations. The laptops are running XP
with SP2. We have all of the patches and enhancements installed on both
server and clients.

Has anybody else run into this problem?
--
Mike Parks
Georgia Institute of Technology

Outlook 2007
We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar. Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note that it does not work either when I open the full Email. I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship. Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Dow...

Help button in the main frame
Hi, I want to create a small help button besides the minimize button on the main frame of the view and the dialog boxes. Is this possible? Any ideas please let me know. rgds subhash Hi, I checked the context help for view but the button does not seem to appear. rgds subhash "Subhash Badri" <subhash.badri@in.bosch.com> wrote in message news:bnr5lp$mv5$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com... > Hi, > > I want to create a small help button besides the minimize button on the > main frame of the view and the dialog boxes. Is this possible? > Any ideas please let me...

SFO sync.
Often people get sync. errors when going online. It's probably because things on the server change compared to the offline data. I wondered if all the changes made offline sync correctly except the ones listed in the sync error box ?? Jack Jack, The SFO synch process does not check to see if the data on the server changed since the user went offline. If it did, then the offline users update would overwrite the one on the server. This is minimized a little in that the updates are for only the fields that were changed, so if one user updated the name and another update the phone numbe...

Button control calling CFormView
I have a CFormView call FormA which has a button control which is to call out another CFormView call FormB. How to do it. I am using VC++ 6.0. Thanks. Noobie & Newbie wrote: > I have a CFormView call FormA which has a button control which is to > call out another CFormView call > FormB. How to do it. I am using VC++ 6.0. > > Thanks. > What does it mean to "call out" another CFormView? SDI or MDI? Is it to be added to the display or to replace the first CFormView? Describe what you have and what you want with more detail. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MV...

About wrapping style, inlineshapes,shapes, and command buttons
Hi, I have 2 commandbutton controls ,one with an inLineWithText wrapping style , the other with a different wrapping style, say behind text.Why is one missing the top and left properties?..i know wrapping style has something to do with the inlineshape and shape control but in object browser both commandbutton-s show up as being of commandbutton type thus belonging to commandbutton class; how come they have different properties since they are objects of the same class? what am i missing here? Because one is an Shape, and the other is a InlineShape. The one with BehindText is a Sha...

Create a grid level button in ms CRM 4 using ISV Config.
I have this code in the ISVConfig in my custom entity. it is meant to create a grid level button in the custom entity. When i export the ISVConfig I get the error message "either the file could not be uploaded or this is not a valid customization file. Please help me, what am i doing wrong? <Entity name="new_projects <Grid> <Buttons> <Button Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" JavaScript="alert('test');" Client="Web"> <Titles> <Title LCID="1033" Text="New T...

SFO Offline Problem again
When i clicked "Offline" button, all those procedures work fine and i can see all Account/ contact. opportunities is download to my MSDE. But when i click "Account"/ "Contact" / "Opportunties" from my outlook, it got error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " Anyone can help? Thanks in advance From my client Event viewer it shows: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80...

Changing the Button Class
Hey! I have a question. I used the Resourceditor to draw a Dialog. The resourceditor uses the CButton class. What do I have to do if I want to use another class ... like a derived class with much more functionallity. TIA Make your derived class, then add a variable through the resource editor but instead of using the CButton class, use your own. If you can't do it through the app wizard directly, just edit it afterwards in the header. You can also look into subclassing (if you don't use DDX), but I never know where exactly to call SubclassWindow, you might find that info throu...

referencing javascript function on button event
Hello. I have an asp:Button that in the click event I would like to have it run a javascript function (function ProteusListPrint()). I currently have the following in the click event; btnProteusListPrint.Attributes.Add("onclick", "ProteusListPrint()"); This is not working. Am I missing something or is this not the correct way to reference it in the click event of the button (C#)? Thanks... John JohnE wrote: > Hello. I have an asp:Button that in the click event I would like to have it > run a javascript function (function ProteusListPrint()). ...

Can I change the Navigation Pane Buttons default?
Many of our users here use the Public Folders to share contacts and/or calendars within a department. We just upgraded to 2003 from 97. In 97, one could drag or add a shortcut to the Outlook bar from Public Folders, and remove or move other shortcuts. Along those lines, users would like to click on the "Contacts" button in the Navigation Pane, and have it go directly to a public contacts folder (one click access). Is this possible? I know all about the shortcuts option, AND the favorites folder option, but I want to know if the default place those buttons point to can be ch...

Browse button
On some Access applications I have seen a Browse button. When clicked, it brings up a variation of the File Open dialog box. I would like to incorporate a similar button into an app I'm writing rather than have the user type a path and filename. I am assuming that the click event for the button calls a Windows API with parms for Title Bar text and such. I don't know what to search on to find more info. Browse is obviously too vague. Any keywords or links appreciated. -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email ad...

Default Button and CListCtrl
Hello I have a default "CButton" and a CListCtrl. I want to be able to select and item on the CListCtrl and press <ente>r and have the OnReturn event called perform some activities. Problem is whenever I select an item on the CListCtrl and press <enter> the default Button is selected instead. How do I fix this problem? This is a known problem. It is documented in KB article Q125645, except that the "solution" has more bugs than the non-solution. This applies to a property page, but the problem was the same there: that it took the default-button handler. So I...

SFO with Office 2003
I am running SFO on XP & Office 2003 with strange CRM sync errors. 1. When I close CRM task from SFO (Outlook) I get the following message "This record is read only. Changes will not be synchronized with the Microsoft CRM system." The Actual End date is left blank. When I close tasks online they close without errors and they sync. 2. When I drag a CRM appointment from SFO I get the same message listed in 1. above and the time in CRM is incorrect. 3. When I close a CRM from SFO I get the same message that I listed in 1. above. The appoint seems to close properly & the Actua...

Synchronization of the SFO
What is the Story on Synchronization of the SFO over a WAN LINK? Does it WORK . Especially first time Synch. What if it's a BU Manager and his BU's DATA is over 100Megs Or even a Company Owner that wants everything OffLine It is recommended that the first sych be done locally since all the records are being created. Subsequent synchs can definitely be done over a WAN link. Is there any way your BU Manager arrange to do that first synch while connected directly? "Need Some Help" wrote: > What is the Story on Synchronization of the SFO over a WAN LINK? > &g...

Close button missing
the close button (red cross) is missing from opened emails. I can only close them by going to file and then clicking on close. I tried to customise the menu bar but the close button is not being offered there either. It only applies to opened emails - the Mail Live main site has a close button Anyone got any suggestions? much appreciated -- philbie Do you see Sign in, Minimize or Maximize buttons? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "philbie" <philbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161C6334-000D-4314-A518-5527A30F4C7F@microsoft.com... ...

SFO : Corrupted after clicking on SFO-Toolbar in Offline-Mode
Hello NG, we are using MS CRM 1.2 on an W2k3 Server, with XP Prof. Clients (SP2, all current patches), Outlook 2k3 SP1 and IE 6.0. Some of our users clicked on the SFO-Toolbar while being in Offline-Mode. To this point we just know that they got an error and afterwards the SFO-Toolbar disappeared and the Folders below "Microsoft CRM" show the "normal" no connection to the server site from IE. The users are able to access crm via Webclient though. I already read the "No connection to the server" Thread in this newsgroup, but the mentioned solutions didn'...

Strange button and data entry
We have a document we created which has been about for a while. We are using Excel 2003 on XP and there is a strange button that is on a worksheet called reset with a data entry button next to it. We can't remove the button - there doesn't appear to be a way to select it! If you go to *View >Toolbars > Control Toolbox * then click the butto that looks like a set square on top of a ruler you should be able t select and then delete the button -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Entity buttons missing label text
Hi, I'm experiencing a small problem with label text on certain entities and wondered whether anyone else had had similar or knew of a solution. On certain entities (Account, Contact and Quote) the button label text no longer appears. On the Account, if you click Contacts in the left hand nav panel the label text for 'New Contact' and 'Add Existing Contact' buttons is missing. The same buttons are missing label text in the Sub-Contact section of the Contact Entity. On the Quote (only draft quotes, active ones are fine), the menu toolbar is missing the 'Save and...

Check all boxes button
I have a command button that selects/deselect all check boxes on a form. The problem is when I click it after opening and nothing has been selected yet (we are at a new record), it selects all but the first check box and when I click again, it selects the first check box and deselects the rest. Also, if even one of the check boxes is checked and then I click the command button, not all the check boxes are selected, only the ones not selected prior to clicking. The one(s) that were selected are now deselected. So it is not a true "Select All Check Boxes" command. I have five check ...

Printer button #3
Does anyone know how to remove the printer button in publisher 98 ...

Trouble with SFO ...
Hello, I have troubles with SFO ... The first problem is that when i install SFO it does not create the local website !!! so i've try to instal it by myself but it appear that it doesn't work ... on the propriety of Microsoft CRM my default web page is http://localhost:2525/stage.aspx?page=Home&area=nav_home .... and i only see custom forms and deleted items ... I've try many time to remove (remove the program, delete the CRM directory, delete the information on the registry, remove the msde instance and the pst) and reinstall ... but for the same results ... Is anyone has a id...

How to Disable the close button in the CDialogbar
Hi, I want to disable the close button (X) on top right when the dialogbar is floating. Thnaks.. There are only two ways by which a dialog bar can be closed. 1. Right mouse button and choosing system command Hide 2. Clicking the Close button I think, this can be handled in the PreTranslateMessage Inside your PretTranslateMessage 1. Check for pMsg->message case WM_SYSCOMMAND and pMsg->wParam equalto SC_CLOSE. 2. Check for pMsg->message case WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN and pMsg->wParam equalto HTCLOSE. Cheers Jagadeesh "Nilesh" <nilesh@acty-sys.co.jp> wrote in message news...

No send button #2
For some friggin' reason, there's no SEND button to be found anywhere in my Microsoft Outlook. I can't figure any way of sending an e-mail from this program. Someone please say that this has happend to you, and could you please tell me how to fix it. do you have an email account configured? what version of outlook are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answe...

Insertiing a button does not open dialog box
When I try to insert a button or any other function from the toolbox to a form, it adds the button to the form... but the dialog box to step through the options on what the button is to do does not open? How can I get that dialog box to open so I can select what I want the button to do? -- Ron P Before clicking the button and dragging it to your form, make sure that the wand button in the toolbox is highlighted. If it's not, you don't get the wizard which I assume is what's happening here. "Ron P" wrote: > When I try to insert a button or any other function ...

setting focus to buttons in PropertySheets
Hello I am trying to give focus to the Finish button, in CPropertyPage::OnSetActive method, as: psheet->GetDlgItem(ID_WIZFINISH)->SetFocus(); // propertysheet->.......... This same code works fine if moved from CPropertyPage::OnSetActive into a button handler in my subclass of CPropertyPage. Where can I safely assign focus to other controls, if OnSetActive() disallows this? -- Elias "lallous" <lallous@lgwm.org> wrote in message news:OyNj%23qtUEHA.3016@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello > > I am trying to give focus to the Finish button, in > CProperty...