Setup/Publish Reports for MS CRM 4.0 Professional on Separate Server?

1)  I installed MS CRM 4.0 Professional on ServerA and specified that
the data and report server will be ServerB.
2)  No default reports were installed to ServerB; however, it does
appear to have created a DeploymentName_MSCRM folder in Report Manager
on ServerB.
3) I then read somewhere that "MS CRM SRS Data Connector" needed to be
installed on the Report Server (ServerB) so I subsequently did that.

How do I get the reports installed to the DeploymentName_MSCRM folder
on ServerB now?  Instructions I've seen mention running
PublishReports.exe FROM THE REPORT SERVER to do that but it is
installed on the CRM Server (ServerA), not the Report Server
(ServerB).  What am I missing here - how do I get the out of the box
CRM reports onto my Report Server (ServerB)?

Thanks in advance!

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Unless you got an explicit error message during server setup, the reports are
already on ServerB. If you can see the reports from the CRM application (go
to the Workplace > My Work > Reports section on the left navigation bar),
then everything is set up correctly.

If you navigate to the Report Manager web site on ServerB, the reports don't
show up by default because the folder they are in is hidden. You can see the
reports by doing the following:
1) Launch http://ServerB/Reports
2) Click on the DeploymentName_MSCRM folder
3) Click on the Show Details button on the toolbar
4) Click on the 4.0 folder

Tyler Peelen
Software Development Engineer
Microsoft Dynamics CRM

--------------------

"Todd Langdon" wrote:

> 1)  I installed MS CRM 4.0 Professional on ServerA and specified that
> the data and report server will be ServerB.
> 2)  No default reports were installed to ServerB; however, it does
> appear to have created a DeploymentName_MSCRM folder in Report Manager
> on ServerB.
> 3) I then read somewhere that "MS CRM SRS Data Connector" needed to be
> installed on the Report Server (ServerB) so I subsequently did that.
>
> How do I get the reports installed to the DeploymentName_MSCRM folder
> on ServerB now?  Instructions I've seen mention running
> PublishReports.exe FROM THE REPORT SERVER to do that but it is
> installed on the CRM Server (ServerA), not the Report Server
> (ServerB).  What am I missing here - how do I get the out of the box
> CRM reports onto my Report Server (ServerB)?
>
> Thanks in advance!

On Jan 17, 3:44=A0pm, Tyler Peelen [MSFT]
<TylerPeelenM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Unless you got an explicit error message during server setup, the reports =
are
> already on ServerB. If you can see the reports from the CRM application (g=
> to the Workplace > My Work > Reports section on the left navigation bar),
> then everything is set up correctly.
>
> If you navigate to the Report Manager web site on ServerB, the reports don=
't
> show up by default because the folder they are in is hidden. You can see t=
he
> reports by doing the following:
> 1) Launchhttp://ServerB/Reports
> 2) Click on the DeploymentName_MSCRM folder
> 3) Click on the Show Details button on the toolbar
> 4) Click on the 4.0 folder
>
> Tyler Peelen
> Software Development Engineer
> Microsoft Dynamics CRM
>
> --------------------
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights=
..

> "Todd Langdon" wrote:
> > 1) =A0I installed MS CRM 4.0 Professional on ServerA and specified that
> > the data and report server will be ServerB.
> > 2) =A0No default reports were installed to ServerB; however, it does
> > appear to have created a DeploymentName_MSCRM folder in Report Manager
> > on ServerB.
> > 3) I then read somewhere that "MS CRM SRS Data Connector" needed to be
> > installed on the Report Server (ServerB) so I subsequently did that.
>
> > How do I get the reports installed to the DeploymentName_MSCRM folder
> > on ServerB now? =A0Instructions I've seen mention running
> > PublishReports.exe FROM THE REPORT SERVER to do that but it is
> > installed on the CRM Server (ServerA), not the Report Server
> > (ServerB). =A0What am I missing here - how do I get the out of the box
> > CRM reports onto my Report Server (ServerB)?
>
> > Thanks in advance!- Hide quoted text -

I feel stupid for admitting this but all I had to do was click the
Show Details button - thanks for your reply, Tyler.

Excel icon #4
Hi All, I recently installed office premium on my xp pro machine. I cannot see the excel "X" logo on the program menu. I can see for others like "W" for word, Key for aceess and clcok for outlook. but excel comes as blank. I can't even go in the property and change icon. I tried using cd again to repair but that did not solved the problem. This is really strange. All of the office programs are working fine. Can anyone help me here ? Thanks ...

CRM shuts down the users Internet Explorer
Hi, I have the following configuration : SrvA (w2k3) : dc + sql; SrvB (w2k3) : Xch + crm. SrvC (w2k3) : ISA2004. Server C is NOT a member of my xxx.local domain. Internally I can reach the CRM server (webbased +thr Outlook). I have configd a srv certificate and installed it on SrvC. I want the Internet part of the communication between external clients and CRM to run thr https, the internal part thr http. For security I want the ISA srv to bridge, not to route. DNS is configd correctly. So I published a secure srv in ISA (publ rule + listener) When an external webclient tries to connect,...

CRM Outlook Issue
Hello, I am currently in the proccess of deploying microsoft CRM. I have it installed on the server, and all clients but one are able to connect. When i log on as administrator to the machine, I get a "cannot syncronize to server" error, the error code provides no data. When i try to connect as the user, I get no error, and CRM doesn't even seem to be connected. I can access CRM from the client machine using the URL. Any ideas? The machine runs windows XP Pro with all updates on it. It runs Office 2003 Pro with all updates as well. CRM version 3.0 My Server is Windows 2...

Export CRM Data to Outlook
Hello, is it possible to transfer CRM 3.0 contacts and activities from CRM to Outlook? Contacts should have to be found in contacts and activities in the calendar. Any ideas? Stefan If you install the CRM for Outlook client, you can sync the contacts into your Outlook. Dave "Stefan" <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:431EAA1A-1D92-46D3-A73E-7967ABB41CDE@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > is it possible to transfer CRM 3.0 contacts and activities from CRM to > Outlook? > Contacts should have to be found in contacts and activities in the ...

Can MS Gold partner use CRM without additional payment???
Our company is listed as a MS Gold partner, so that we have priviledge to use MS license. But I'm not sure whether we can use MBS product or not.... so if anyone knows about this issue, please let me know... Thanks!! We looked into this and a partner can use the sales and customer service standard modules (not professional) for 5 users. -Bill "seongseok shin" <shinss@techdata.co.kr> wrote in message news:<eHpHFwDxDHA.3140@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > Our company is listed as a MS Gold partner, so that we have priviledge to > use MS license. > But I'm n...

can't publish website
I am trying to publish my website using Pub. 2007. I am publishing to godaddy. I have uploaded it after many try's. But only the background shows up. I think this has come up many times with GODADDY. You will find your content displaced away to the right. Please ask Pub WEB related questions at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and include your operating system as well as your PUB and IE versions and include your URL if possible so others can help you. John G. "Tom Tanner" <Tom Tanner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DD841D7-9AC0-4993-9199-28...

sales reports
Is there a way to generate a report that shows detailed sales with multiple tender types? For example if a customer pays half with visa and half with a gift certificate. thx chris Chris, This can certainly be done, but because of the way the reporting engine works, sales may be double reported. Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) On 7/15/2010 4:06 PM, christian wrote: > Is there a way to generate a report that shows detailed sales with multiple > tender types? > ...

database file (priv1.edb) size increased 4 -12 GB in one day
Hi All! I need a help .I am using ms-exchange 2003 (Ent) /Windows 2003. Suddenly my exchange database( (priv1.edb) size increased from 4.GB to 12 GB. But we don't get more than 5 MB emails in a day. Also log files are getting generated very fast in a day 5- 7 GB . Thanks, Akash I normally see this when Antivirus has been installed (a file level version of Anti-virus) and it's literally scanning the database files. It's good to have an Exchange Aware version of AV installed, but if you have a file level version, be sure that it's excluding the database files, and the...

report module
Hi there, i've installed CRM 3 on a memeber server, and it is running now, but when i try to access reporting module, it prompts for username and password, i provide them , then it gives me an error message saying: report.config has invalid schema, and could not be loaded. and so i can't access the report module...can anyone help? -- Regards, Marwa ...

Using Crystal Reports with subreports in DRM
I have a typical Crystal Report with a subreport I'm trying to use with Dynamics Report Manager. Installation is fine, however after hitting the Print button, the Enter Values window appears asking for Parameters for the subreport. This type of behavior doesn't occur with reports without a sub report. When I run the report in CR 11, this window doesn't appear so I'm assuming the link(s) between the sub and main report is configured fine. Rockton Software Dynamics Report Manager 10.0.5 Microsoft Dynamics GP Professional 10.00.1061 Crystal Reports 11 Any ideas? thanks Ji...

expansion server
Is possible to change expansion server at organization level (or Administrative Group level) , instead on all single Distibution List property tab in AD. While it's not possible to do what you ask you can use LDIFDE to export the list of DLs and thier expansion servers. The command is ldifle -f output.txt -r "(&(objectcategory=group)(msExchExpansionServerName=*))" l dn,msExchExpansionServerName This will give you and output that needs to be modified for import. You would change the msExchExpansionServerName The import file needs to be modified. Use the Micorsoft articl...

question about how Windows Server 2003 handles disk IO
It seems like several years ago I read an article about how Windows handles the threading of disk IO. It suggested that disk access via drive letters was faster than mount a volume as a folder under a drive letter. We have a server is the recipient of disk-to-disk backups, and we have three storage volumes mounted as separate drive letters, and then we have three more that are mounted as folders under a single drive letter. I'm looking for documentation that would describe how Windows handles IO, especially the performance of drive letters versus mount points under a drive ...

Publisher 2007 and Adobe
I had been using Publisher 2003 and I had Adobe on my top tool bar so I could easily same my documents in pdf. However, I upgraded to 2007 and it is gone. How do I get it back? I have Adobe Standard. Pam wrote: > I had been using Publisher 2003 and I had Adobe on my top tool bar so I could > easily same my documents in pdf. However, I upgraded to 2007 and it is gone. The PDFMaker add-in is not (yet) compatible with Office 2007 (although you can still print to the Adobe PDF driver as always). If you download Microsoft's Save As PDF And XPS add-in from http://www.microsof...

publishing
I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of a "previously published" excel document. I can't see where to remove the function. How do you remove the option. I've tried resaving the document and looked at all options I see. Robert From the Excel Help Modify and republish data on a Web page that was previously saved by Excel When you publish or save your Microsoft Excel data as a Web page, Excel creates an HTML version of the file (with the extension .htm). If you want to update that data on the Web page, and you saved or published a worksheet or items on a wor...

Windows 2003 Server as Authoritative Time Server
Hello, How do I make my W2K3 PDC as an authoritative Time server for my domain? I have a GPS based time sync solution on my PDC. I have tried all solutions on the net, but none seems to work. The clients are not able to get any valid servers. Any help will be appreciable. Thanks Jagsrao ...

CRM crashed after changing the System Administrator
Hi, I am having CRM 1.2 installed on a Windows Server 2003 SP1 machine. I had two users in the CRM, one a System Administrator and another a CEO-Sales. Whenever I logged-in the user displayed was the System Administrator. I could log-in as the CEO-Sales. So I assigned the role of system administrator to the other user and restarted CRM. On restarting, CRM displayed error message "Invalid License for current user". I checked the help documents of CRM where I found out that what I had done was irreversible. I have uninstalled CRM. Can anyone please tell me how to log...

MS Exchange 2003
I am planning to buy MS Exchange 2003. I would like to know the list of features it offers. I know that you can see other users calendar etc. but what else we can do with exchange 2003 other than getting emails. I would really appreciate if someone please give me some tips. Thanks Mac: Well, Exchange does LOTS of cool things. :-) Is it overkill for a company with 10 users? Perhaps. But, bundles like Small Business Server make Windows/Exchange/SQL affordable even for smaller companies. Exchange offers you capabilities to do a lot of things that may not even have occured...

Investment account setup
I've set up an investment account, but I have multiple funds (accounts) with the same company. I would like to have the Investment Account in Money be top level, like MFS Investments, then add investments to the account for each of my individual funds. When I do this and I click on the investment, the registry comes up with ALL of the transactions for all of the funds with that company. Any way to have each individual investment show up with its own register, or is there a better way to group investments under a main heading? Thanks On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 09:31:37 -0700, "G...

ADC Setup Question
Ehlo there; I am setting up ADC to the following kind of environment: -Exchange 5.5: one org, 5 sites (lets call them US, UK, France, Canada, Germany). Connectors set up "star -like" with US being in the middle (foreign sites are real small ones). -AD (2003): one forest, several domains. One domain per country, i.e. US, UK, France, Canada, Germany. No special business requirements. Email just needs to work (GALs keep updated etc). We expect to spend some time with ADC as it looks like we won't be able migrate the foreign sites to E2003 very soon. My question: is it enoug...

CRM and TAPI
Does anyone know if CRM v1.2 supports TAPI or any ability to provide 'screen pops' to a users' PC? Tom ...

MS skips to CRM v3.0
Announcement has been made that the next version of MSCRM will be dubbed CRM v3.0. http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1833971,00.asp Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM For those of you who attended TechEd2005 this year, there were a number of very good sessions on MSCRM, including two session covering v.next. These session were recorded and are available for viewing here: BAP436: Deep Dive into the Next Version of Microsoft Business Solutions CRM Speaker: William Patterson This session dives deep into the next generation of Microsoft CRM. Gain a strong understanding of the changes i...

Report or reminder for CD maturities
Hello. I would like to be able to see a list of my CD maturities without opening each one and seeing what it is. Is there a way to make a report which shows this? Is there some other way? Is there an add-in? Can't seem to find anything. Thanks for helping! John All, Probably bad form to respond to my own post, but I found what to do: Investing>Investing Tools>Portfolio Manager Select View>Customize Current View Portfolio Columns Tab Move "Coupon" and "Maturity Date" to the right (Add the columns to your view) Move down stuff you/I rarely use (Adv...

Security Settings in P2007 server
which security settings allow a user the ability to create an Issue or risk for a project. I have created a new group, catagory and template and everything works except that they cannot create a new risk or issue on any of the projects they have access to. Any ideas? -- Sharktracker Can you tell us which of the SharePoint Security groups the users are showing up under? My guess is they are showing up under Readers ... - Web Administrators (Microsoft Office Project Server) DESCRIPTION: Users who have Manage Windows SharePoint Services permission in Microsoft Office P...

pictures inserted into publications in Publisher not visible
Unable to insert any form of picture into publications. Frame shows and pictures outlined if held and moved. Have tried "Repair Office." No success. Word/Powerpoint?Excel will let me insert pictures but not Publisher. Worked okay prior to a couple of nights ago? Have checked transparency etc. All seem okay. Robin Hood <Robin Hood@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Unable to insert any form of picture into publications. Frame shows > and pictures outlined if held and moved. Have tried "Repair Office." > No success. Word/Powerpoin...

ms outlooks shortcuts
I want to save the items I have in the shortcuts so I can upgrade my operating system and not lose them during that process. Is there any way to save what is in the shortcuts? do you mean favorites? what os are you using and maybe I can help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the ne...