Setup cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server

Hello everyone!

We're diving into CRM 3.0. The web based testing phase ran well
and we're now trying to play with the outlook desktop client.

During the setup, I get the following error: "Setup cannot connect to
the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down."

I've tried modifying the default_client_config.xml file with the server
ip address, the netbios name and eventually the FQDN. All failed.
The web version, however, was reachable in all cases.

I also tried increasing my privileges to local administrator after some
google search, the error was still returned.

Has anyone ever met this issue ?

@ntoine

0
AF
2/27/2006 4:38:25 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Migrate users to server in another site
Hi, I am about to migrate users from one Exchange Server to another. The servers are in different sites and domains. I thought of moving groups of users with the "exmerge" utility. In order to get mail delivery to work to users moved to the new server I am planning to use the "Forward all mail with unresolved recipients to host" function. However this gives me two problems: 1) How should I get mail from the new Exchange server delivered back to users still on the old server? Using the "Forward all mail with unresolved recipients to host" funcition on both servers...

Office Document Connection wont connect and locks my AD account
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello <br><br>I have been using Document Connection (DC) happily with my company's SharePoint for some weeks now. Today I had some hiccup with my AD account password, which is now sorted and I can now log onto the SharePoint site through Safari and authenticate to access the WebDAV through Finder. <br><br>However when I accessed the same WebDAV using Document Connection I was told that I didn't have permission and my AD account got locked. It looks like DC hammered my AD account...

Microsoft Money with Palm
Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm Pilot? Or do I need to buy the Ultrasoft Money Link software? You have to buy Ultrasoft Money. Microsoft likes the windows handheld devices not Palm-based, so out of the box they only supply software for windows. By the way Ultrasoft Money works very well. Tim wrote: > Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm > Pilot? Or do I need to buy the Ultrasoft Money Link > software? You need to buy Ultrasoft. >-----Original Message----- >Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm >Pi...

Microsoft Excel 2007, Sharing Violation when saving file
Hi all, Excel 2007 in Windows Vista Every now and then, I cannot save the excel file that I am working because of a "Sharing violation". If it matters, the excel file is saved back and forth between three people, all using Windows Vista. Any idea why this happens? Probably because more than one user is trying to access the same data at the same time and EXCEL doesn't like that. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Kevin Hendrawan" wrote: > Hi all, > > Excel 2007 in Windows Vista > > Every now and the...

Exchange SSL Server Certificate
Hey all; We just set up a new ex2k3 server after demoting/removing the old one. Currently we are functional on email but we are having issues with the offline address list and free/busy. It looks like the offline address book, etc. just need to be remounted/rebuilt but when we go to Administration Group -> First Administrative Group -> Folders -> Public Folders we get an error of "The SSL Certificate name is incorrect" ID no: c103b404. Can't find much online on this. Any ideas? See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324345 Jeff Guillet, MCSE "Jon(CitationSoft)&qu...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Can't connect to remote computer with Remote Assistance
When trying to access my mother’s computer using Remote Assistance I receive the following message: ”A Remote Assistance connection could not be established because the DNS name of the remote computer could not be resolved.” Both computers are running Windows XP SP3 and McAfee Anti-virus software. Both computers firewalls are set to allow Remote Assistance full access along with port 3389 enabled. I even tried to edit her IP address in the invitation, using the IP address from her internet provider, with the same results. She is e-mailing me the invitation as an attachme...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

Attempting to connect to Microsoft Communications
Hello All, When we open Outlook 2003, we get a pop up "Communicating with Server- Microsoft Office Live meeting". Is there a way to get rid of this message popping up when opening Outlook. We are using Outlook 2003 version 11.5608.5606 Microsoft Add-in for Outlook verion 8.0.6362.114 Any suggestions. Thanks in Advance Vijay Disable the live meeting addin. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

Wrokflow in CRM 3.0
Hi, can someone please help me. How to create temw condition for example I want to notify user 2 month before contract expire. Thanks I actually did this for a workflow on an order. six months before the contract was up on that particular order, they wanted a new task created.....here's how it works Add a timer condition You'll see three radio buttons The bottom one says, "Before" Select that radio button You then need to check the check box in the section below that, and the drop down box in the bottom right hand corner should have a listing of date fields you can ...

Insufficient Permissions Promoting Email In CRM 3.0
I have one CRM user who no longer has the ability to promote an email. The user receives the following message: "An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? If you click yes the email will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM". We are current in our rollups, but that does not seem to have made any difference. This user had been able to promote items up until recently and the...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

Road warriors with CRM??
If the system fails to track or you make a decision not to track messages because of actual customer complaints how does your mobile sales force work with CRM. Most of our sales force is mobile. They use OWA and CRM web access. But it seems that you can't track new inbound messages in CRM without outlook. Mobile users don't have access to Outlook when out of the office and some don't even have an office or Outlook. Is there a way to link new inbound email messages to CRM from the road. You can use the CRM Exchange routing software to automatically promote inbound e-mail...

RE: Can't connect to OWA
Lee Derbyshire [MVP] wrote: > 404 means 'page not found'. Have a look in IIS Manager on the OWA > server, and make sure that it still has a Virtual Directory named > 'Exchange'. > > Lee. > > Yes, IIS has still a Virtual Directory named "Exchange". When I try to connect via IE to the OWA from the OWA Server I see the logon form, but after having provided any username and password (or domain\username and password) I receive the HTTP 404 error. ...

Payroll Posting Account Setup Window
We have customized the Payroll Posting Account Setup Window for a product of ours. We have received several complaints about the Payroll Posting account window changing the Account number if part of a record in the scrolling window has been modified. We turned off the customization so we were working with the core window and not the customized window and we were able to duplicate the error. The new account is being saved in the table, which is causing a tremendous problems. Here are the steps to recreate this issue. 1. modifiy any record -for instance the code field of any record an...

Many receipients not receiving emails out of CRM
We have sent emails to 1500 contacts using direct email and quick campaigns over the last couple weeks. CRM shows them as sent. No errors. However, MANY, MANY receipients are saying they never received these emails. I sent a single person an email out of CRM and they never received it, even though it shows in CRM as sent. If I manually send an email to the same person from Outlook, the person receives it. This is not a blacklist issue. It is also not an issue with email content as I've used the same content that is not received when sent from CRM but is received when sent o...

Timesheet approval strange behaviour-Project Server 2007
Dear all, We are using Project Server 2007 Timesheet Module for a Functional Organization. Organization has various Teams. For every Team there is a Team Leader. Team Leaders report to Functional Managers and all Functional Managers report to a Director. All Team Members, Team Leaders and Managers register their Actual Time using Timesheet module. We are using "Fixed Approval" as follows: Team Member A has the Team Leader A of his/her Team as Timesheet Manager. Team Leader A has the Functional Manager A as Timesheet Manager. Functional Manager A Timesheet Appro...

Exchange Server Log Files
Hello, There's two questions that I have about log files. First question. I just started at a new company and they have no disk space on the server and no money to by additional storage for some time. I browse the server and removed any files that are not needed. It seems that every day that a couple of hundred MB are being saved on the drive that are due by the exchange server. I did some searching on the drive and there's a folder that's setup and there's several smtp log files that are named (in050610.log) which is about 1.5 GB. I assumed that somewhere down the road...

CAsyncSocket connection status
Is there any way I can check if the connection is established or not (e.g. using the m_hSocket to check, instead of those OnConnect or OnClose events)? Thanks! ...

Change the name of CRM
Because of the failed implementations of CRM (all vendors), many customers or prospect think the same about Microsoft Dynamics CRM, so could be a good approach talk about Business Processes Automation like Sales, Marketing and Services… Dynamics BPA (Business Processes Automation) Dynamics BPM (Business Processes Management) Microsoft Dynamics only.. Or any Dynamics and without CRM … ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Microsoft Money 2002
I have recently installed MS Money 2002 on my computer. I am still learning how to use the software. My ? is how do I restart and do another profile. I have completely confused myself and would like to start over but I do not know how. I don't want to create an new file but actually start from scratch. HELP! File|New??? "Jessica" <jessicagoff@knlology> wrote in message news:070601c34046$ce6fd5f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently installed MS Money 2002 on my computer. > I am still learning how to use the software. My ? is how > do I restart and do ...