Service time billing - 103088

Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills for time 
on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the billable time 
is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only used 
when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a list 
of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks?

Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in the 
account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient privileges?

Thank you,
Rick S.

0
Utf
10/12/2004 2:53:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

5 Replies
696 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 22

The actual time is only automatically decremented from the associated 
contract.  That doesn't mean you couldn't do something more intersting with 
it.  You should work with your partner to build workflow rules around this 
functionality.  If I understand what you'd like to do, you would like to kick 
off an invoice or export this information to a 3rd party system for billing 
purposes.  You can always customize the activity views and use the export 
functionality to import the time data to QuickBooks.

Hope that helps

"Rick S." wrote:

> Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills for time 
> on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the billable time 
> is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only used 
> when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a list 
> of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks?
> 
> Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in the 
> account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient privileges?
> 
> Thank you,
> Rick S.
> 
0
Utf
11/18/2004 5:35:12 AM
I would like the awner to... My problem is that i want to make an invoice of 
activity's that we did for our customers without a contract. Can someone 
give me an example if there is a workflow to do this?

Tnx in advance
Eric van der Niet
RDS.

"Graham Sheldon [MSFT]" <GrahamSheldonMSFT@discussions.microsoft.com> 
schreef in bericht 
news:CE5833B6-3D07-4F7F-AB4E-4045C3906F42@microsoft.com...
> The actual time is only automatically decremented from the associated
> contract.  That doesn't mean you couldn't do something more intersting 
> with
> it.  You should work with your partner to build workflow rules around this
> functionality.  If I understand what you'd like to do, you would like to 
> kick
> off an invoice or export this information to a 3rd party system for 
> billing
> purposes.  You can always customize the activity views and use the export
> functionality to import the time data to QuickBooks.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> "Rick S." wrote:
>
>> Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills for 
>> time
>> on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the billable 
>> time
>> is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only used
>> when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a 
>> list
>> of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks?
>>
>> Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in the
>> account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient 
>> privileges?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Rick S.
>> 


0
Eric
11/18/2004 7:57:40 AM
The workflow is fairly straightforward, but is going to require some custom 
code and modeling decisions you need to make.  For the workflow, when the 
case status changes, check that the status of the case is resolved and that 
there are associated activities, then postURL to a bit of your own custom 
code.  Using the SDK, you can create an invoice that suits your business 
model.  Either create associated closed activities for each of the activities 
that were on the case and a single invoice product for the sum of the time 
allotted OR I could imagine simply creating invoice products for each 
activity.  In either solution, you'll have to decide how to model the 
activities in the product catalog.  Your custom code could get a lot fancier, 
depending on how specific your time codes need to be.  I would highly 
recommend finding a good partner to work with on this problem, as it will 
continue to be a challenge to solve in CRM 2005 without custom code.

"Eric van der Niet" wrote:

> I would like the awner to... My problem is that i want to make an invoice of 
> activity's that we did for our customers without a contract. Can someone 
> give me an example if there is a workflow to do this?
> 
> Tnx in advance
> Eric van der Niet
> RDS.
> 
> "Graham Sheldon [MSFT]" <GrahamSheldonMSFT@discussions.microsoft.com> 
> schreef in bericht 
> news:CE5833B6-3D07-4F7F-AB4E-4045C3906F42@microsoft.com...
> > The actual time is only automatically decremented from the associated
> > contract.  That doesn't mean you couldn't do something more intersting 
> > with
> > it.  You should work with your partner to build workflow rules around this
> > functionality.  If I understand what you'd like to do, you would like to 
> > kick
> > off an invoice or export this information to a 3rd party system for 
> > billing
> > purposes.  You can always customize the activity views and use the export
> > functionality to import the time data to QuickBooks.
> >
> > Hope that helps
> >
> > "Rick S." wrote:
> >
> >> Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills for 
> >> time
> >> on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the billable 
> >> time
> >> is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only used
> >> when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a 
> >> list
> >> of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks?
> >>
> >> Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in the
> >> account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient 
> >> privileges?
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Rick S.
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
11/18/2004 7:09:31 PM
Im not very fimaliar with ms studio yet. Does someone know if there is any 
examplecode available to do this? The Workflow i get..... But the creating 
of an invoice with a produkt on it :-s
Tnx in advance.

Eric van der Niet

"Graham Sheldon [MSFT]" <GrahamSheldonMSFT@discussions.microsoft.com> 
schreef in bericht 
news:1FC73CF5-6B7A-463D-9DAF-688F2FFD8A6F@microsoft.com...
> The workflow is fairly straightforward, but is going to require some 
> custom
> code and modeling decisions you need to make.  For the workflow, when the
> case status changes, check that the status of the case is resolved and 
> that
> there are associated activities, then postURL to a bit of your own custom
> code.  Using the SDK, you can create an invoice that suits your business
> model.  Either create associated closed activities for each of the 
> activities
> that were on the case and a single invoice product for the sum of the time
> allotted OR I could imagine simply creating invoice products for each
> activity.  In either solution, you'll have to decide how to model the
> activities in the product catalog.  Your custom code could get a lot 
> fancier,
> depending on how specific your time codes need to be.  I would highly
> recommend finding a good partner to work with on this problem, as it will
> continue to be a challenge to solve in CRM 2005 without custom code.
>
> "Eric van der Niet" wrote:
>
>> I would like the awner to... My problem is that i want to make an invoice 
>> of
>> activity's that we did for our customers without a contract. Can someone
>> give me an example if there is a workflow to do this?
>>
>> Tnx in advance
>> Eric van der Niet
>> RDS.
>>
>> "Graham Sheldon [MSFT]" <GrahamSheldonMSFT@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> schreef in bericht
>> news:CE5833B6-3D07-4F7F-AB4E-4045C3906F42@microsoft.com...
>> > The actual time is only automatically decremented from the associated
>> > contract.  That doesn't mean you couldn't do something more intersting
>> > with
>> > it.  You should work with your partner to build workflow rules around 
>> > this
>> > functionality.  If I understand what you'd like to do, you would like 
>> > to
>> > kick
>> > off an invoice or export this information to a 3rd party system for
>> > billing
>> > purposes.  You can always customize the activity views and use the 
>> > export
>> > functionality to import the time data to QuickBooks.
>> >
>> > Hope that helps
>> >
>> > "Rick S." wrote:
>> >
>> >> Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills 
>> >> for
>> >> time
>> >> on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the 
>> >> billable
>> >> time
>> >> is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only 
>> >> used
>> >> when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a
>> >> list
>> >> of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks?
>> >>
>> >> Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in 
>> >> the
>> >> account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient
>> >> privileges?
>> >>
>> >> Thank you,
>> >> Rick S.
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
Eric
11/19/2004 10:09:15 AM
Check out the SDK on MSDN

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/crmsdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversion12sdk.asp

"Eric van der Niet" wrote:

> Im not very fimaliar with ms studio yet. Does someone know if there is any 
> examplecode available to do this? The Workflow i get..... But the creating 
> of an invoice with a produkt on it :-s
> Tnx in advance.
> 
> Eric van der Niet
> 
> "Graham Sheldon [MSFT]" <GrahamSheldonMSFT@discussions.microsoft.com> 
> schreef in bericht 
> news:1FC73CF5-6B7A-463D-9DAF-688F2FFD8A6F@microsoft.com...
> > The workflow is fairly straightforward, but is going to require some 
> > custom
> > code and modeling decisions you need to make.  For the workflow, when the
> > case status changes, check that the status of the case is resolved and 
> > that
> > there are associated activities, then postURL to a bit of your own custom
> > code.  Using the SDK, you can create an invoice that suits your business
> > model.  Either create associated closed activities for each of the 
> > activities
> > that were on the case and a single invoice product for the sum of the time
> > allotted OR I could imagine simply creating invoice products for each
> > activity.  In either solution, you'll have to decide how to model the
> > activities in the product catalog.  Your custom code could get a lot 
> > fancier,
> > depending on how specific your time codes need to be.  I would highly
> > recommend finding a good partner to work with on this problem, as it will
> > continue to be a challenge to solve in CRM 2005 without custom code.
> >
> > "Eric van der Niet" wrote:
> >
> >> I would like the awner to... My problem is that i want to make an invoice 
> >> of
> >> activity's that we did for our customers without a contract. Can someone
> >> give me an example if there is a workflow to do this?
> >>
> >> Tnx in advance
> >> Eric van der Niet
> >> RDS.
> >>
> >> "Graham Sheldon [MSFT]" <GrahamSheldonMSFT@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >> schreef in bericht
> >> news:CE5833B6-3D07-4F7F-AB4E-4045C3906F42@microsoft.com...
> >> > The actual time is only automatically decremented from the associated
> >> > contract.  That doesn't mean you couldn't do something more intersting
> >> > with
> >> > it.  You should work with your partner to build workflow rules around 
> >> > this
> >> > functionality.  If I understand what you'd like to do, you would like 
> >> > to
> >> > kick
> >> > off an invoice or export this information to a 3rd party system for
> >> > billing
> >> > purposes.  You can always customize the activity views and use the 
> >> > export
> >> > functionality to import the time data to QuickBooks.
> >> >
> >> > Hope that helps
> >> >
> >> > "Rick S." wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills 
> >> >> for
> >> >> time
> >> >> on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the 
> >> >> billable
> >> >> time
> >> >> is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only 
> >> >> used
> >> >> when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a
> >> >> list
> >> >> of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks?
> >> >>
> >> >> Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in 
> >> >> the
> >> >> account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient
> >> >> privileges?
> >> >>
> >> >> Thank you,
> >> >> Rick S.
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
11/19/2004 4:41:05 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Windows Installer loads every time I open Excel 2007
Hi all, I'm facing the following problem: when I open Excel 2007 the windows installer loads every time... is not going to give me any error, but it's something annoying... does anyone has any solution??? thanks Vit p.s. this happens also with other office 2007 applications Try clicking "Help" and then "Detect and Repair..." That worked for me when I had the same problem. ...

getting reporting services web service to work
The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the web-service.? Thus to correc...

Calender and Innbox at the same time?
I wonder if it is possible to have the Calander open together with the innbox in Outlook 2003? Right click on your Inbox or Calendar and choose "Open in a New Window" "calender og innbox" wrote: > I wonder if it is possible to have the Calander open together with the innbox > in Outlook 2003? Only if you open the calendar in a new window. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists....

sites and services servers
Hi I recently went into our AD site and services and noticed under servers there are about 4 servers that havent been online for months. Is it safe to just remove/delete them here? Also our licensing server is listing a dead server? Wondering why it never showed anything in event log. This is a 2003 sp2 server in a small domain with 2 other DCs Thanks Shem You need to perform a metadata cleanup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(WS.10).aspx You can follow this article to change the licensing sever http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...

CRM services (help!!!!)
I have CRM installed on a W2K3 SP1 box, member server The CRM was installed to have the accompanying services run under the Domain Admin acct. I know that in someway the authentication is tied into to AD, from doing some reading up on CRM. Can I switch the services to run under the 'Local System' acct. without any problems. Reason being is that I have some KDC event ID 11 errors showing on my DC, which state that there are duplicate SPN name associated with the server running the CRM, and with further research found that the SPN names for the server were also attached to the A...

Services don't start when server restarts.
The information store and MTA stacks services do not start when server is restarted. How do I fix this problem? Check your Event Veiwer, any errors? What are the associated event id #'s. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Micah Pokorney" <micah@primeadvantage.com> wrote in message news:137f01c3df7d$df537300$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The information store and MTA stacks services do not > start when server is restarted. How do I fix this > problem? ...

Do I have to make my times be numbers to get a true average?
I need an average time, does Excel automatically do the correct computation (60 vs 100) if the field is formated as a time, or do I need to convert the times to numbers? No need to convert. Times are stored as fractions of a day (and displayed according to the rules for time) so all calculations will work correctly. You may have to format your result explicitly as time. If times >24 hours are involved, format as [h]:mm to avoid tipping over at 24h "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B183614-AE5E-4AD7-A9C4-5F4738B31EBE@microsoft.com... &g...

more than one view at a time?
I would like to trace transactions down the process. Can I get more than one account to view at the same time. Like xcel and word can be seen simultaneously? I run MS Money2006 small business. I'm trying to untangle the 2 mortgage payments from one check issue and I've got the cash transfer accounts set up but when I do a practice payment the mortgage accounts don't update with the information. So I wanted to step-by-step the process and I need two or more windwos to do it. I'm figuring perhaps I'm not spelling correctly and that's messing it up.... Anyone...

Resolution for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed
------=_NextPart_0001_EC57D3FB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Microsoft has released a fix for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed The Microsoft Dynamics Retail Development team has identified problems when Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows XP SP3 is installed. Running these service packs, without the below fix installed, may cause data loss in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System or Microsoft Dynamics - Point of Sale datab...

Run-time Error 2585: Unable to Close Form
Hi, I need some help here, no matter what I do I can not close the FS form. On my FS For I have on single text box (tlogin) and I am using the Enter event to to some "systems checks" then launch the Main Form (FMAIN) Private Sub tlogin_Enter() On Error GoTo Err_Command_tlogin_Enter If IsNull(Me.tlogin) = True Then Exit Sub End If var_user = Me.tlogin 'CHECK IF EMP IS ON TC If emp_is_tc(var_user) = False Then 'EMP IS NOT ON TC 'CHECK IF EMP IS ON DBA If emp_is_dba(var_user) = False Then 'EMP IS NOT ON DBA, EXIT SU...

MTA Service
Hello, we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA is working anybody can suggest. regards "azam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i >have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA >service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA >is working anybody can suggest. >regards Check the application event log. There will be some ev...

Can't run Word and Excel at the same time
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, When Word is running, Excel won't start. I have to quit Word before I can run Excel, and vice versa. My copy of Office is legit - paid for it with hard-earned money. Hope someone can explain the malfunction. Thanks! On 9/22/08 11:07 AM, in article 59b5a0f7.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "gilbertandjames@officeformac.com" <gilbertandjames@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Hi, > > When Word is running,...

Service Scheduling MS CRM
Guys There are some extremely knowledgeable people in here I am hoping some one can help me. Any help you can give me is appreciate. We will not mind paying for your help if you are a freelancer and would spend time getting this to work for us. We have an implementation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 and would like to use the Service Scheduling to help us run our fleet of buses. We have a fleet of 8 buses, 6 drivers and need to schedule them for a variety of jobs. Each bus has a capacity of 20, 30 or 50. The buses can be out of order and drivers can be on holiday or off sick. We want to able ...

Default automatic start Exchange Services
I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services that get started "Automatic". Thanks. Hi, It would help if you posted which version of Exchange server you are using :-) Leif "AllenM" <ghost@nodomain.com> wrote in message news:e$yvgFfcGHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the >sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services >that get started "Automatic". Thanks...

Word v.X With embeded Excel charts from Win Office 2000/XP crashes every time
I have a cross platform office. I am running diffrent versions of MS Office, Including v.X, 2004 mac, Office 2000 and XP for PC. Whenever my users get a file from the PC side with embded Excel charts it just shuts down office. In 2004 it opens with no problem. i have re created this with multiple files over diffrent machines and every time it is the same. I have opened the file in 2004 and deleted the Excel data resaved it but when opened in v.X it stil lcrashes. when i jsut copy all the info minus the excel charts to a new doc it opens. Once i re add any Excel data back comes the crashes. S...

Removing Personal Folders in Services
Hello I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004 folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders. I used the Close "Personal Folders" to close the old personal forlders but the folder still exist in my Folder List and when I open the Services then the Delivery tab the old folder still exist. How can i remove that? Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry, something like that pls helppp.... Hi You may want to create a new profile ...

The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to sta
Several error messages in the System event log as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 5/12/2004 Time: 3:18:56 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM01 Description: The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to start due to the following error: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Hi Brian I have had same hassle at one of ou...

remove all Hyperlinks at one time.
In Excel 2000. Is ther a way to remove all hyper links at one time. The worksheet that I'm using is 674 lines long, and about 1/2 of them have hyperlinks. not too hard Sub HyperlinksOut() ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "afglass" <afglass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EB77691-3392-4BE5-A38D-CD34D247F92F@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000. Is ther a way to remove all hyper links at one time. The > worksheet that I'm using is 674 lines long, and about 1/2 of them have > hyperlinks. ...

Code for entering time
I have a code in my workbook so that when you enter time you do not have to enter the colon, you just enter 1230 and it will format as 12:30. The workbook is used by about ten different people and is on a network drive. It works fine on my computer but when another user opens the workbook on their computer it does not work. When they enter the time it comes up as 00:00. I got the code from this site: Chip Pearson's page Times, Quick Entry (topic) http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Can anyone tell me what is going on? Here is the code that I am using: Pr...

GP 8 Service Pack 5 Service Advantage
Hi, I am upgrading from GP 8 to GP 9 as the first step I installed GP 8 SP 5 and getting error message about SVC00951 (invalid object), which is a ServiceAdvantage table. There are no ServiceAdvantage tables in the company database. any ideas ? thanks Syed ...

adding button on edit.aspx and calling external .net web service in event handler
Hi, In the case section in Microsoft CRM Server if I open through web site in iis,I go to the edit.aspx and try adding a button server control or html control button,asp.net control addition gives error,because perhaps the formbase is a custom control refrenced through assembly,so I am looking to add a button on the page from where I can call a web service to send a fax,is it possible through isv config file,this is my first day in office with this server,I get errors in the case screen when i add aspx button to edit.aspx,the whole form seems to be made from 3 custom controls thru 3 assembly ...

Windows service with web service interface
Hi Friends, I want to design a windows service that also has web service interface. Any tips for that ? Thanks Ashish I think this is the wrong newsgroup for this type of question. You are better off finding a more appropriate newsgroup. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ashish" <asdd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#nj3aTuXDHA.3232@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi Friends, > I want to design a windows service that also has web service interface. Any > tips for that ? > Thanks > Ashish > ...

Service Management Equipment Inquiry
Would like the ability to grant users view-only access to Equipment Records. There is no read-only window for Equipment. The users would need to see the same information that exists on the Equipment Maintenance window, but not have the ability to make changes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

Messenger Service Not Installed Error
I recently deleted then reinstalled MSN. Now every time I try to sign into my MSN explorer account I get the following error: "Messenger Not Installed MSN Messenger Service is not installed on this machine. It is a critical part of MSN Explorer and must be repaired before you can use MSN Explorer again. We'd like to repair it for you." When I allow MSN to "Repair Now" I get a notice that MSN has experience an internal error and must resart. When I go through the process of reporting the error, this is supposedly what is error signature sent: AppNa...

Time mail was opened
Is is possible to tell on exchange server 2000 or through outlook what time an email was first opened? The client is using outlook 2003. I've been searching for several hours and haven't come up with any mention if this is even possible. Can anyone answer this or point me in the right direction? tia, Kevin Here is a close resemblance. First go to the message tracking tool in Exchange System Manager and checked when it was delivered into the (local) user's mailbox. Second go to the Information Store where that user's mail box is and see when was the last time the user lo...