Service scheduling - customer preferred

Anyone know how to define a list of resources that are "customer
preferred"?  When scheduling a service, the form assistant lists the
resources from the selected service, but above that, it also has a box
for customer preferred.  Anyone know what this does, or how to enter
information?
We have priority customers that have technicians specially trained for
their site and would prefer that these techs perform the services, but
if for some reason they are busy, we need to be able to select other
resources.
Any thoughts?

0
WiLLerZ
11/29/2006 11:58:47 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
You can add the customer's service preferences in the Account,
administration tab, at the bottom.  I have to scroll down on my system to see
it.
--
Laura Barber

"WiLLerZ" wrote:

> Anyone know how to define a list of resources that are "customer
> preferred"?  When scheduling a service, the form assistant lists the
> resources from the selected service, but above that, it also has a box
> for customer preferred.  Anyone know what this does, or how to enter
> information?
> We have priority customers that have technicians specially trained for
> their site and would prefer that these techs perform the services, but
> if for some reason they are busy, we need to be able to select other
> resources.
> Any thoughts?

Service planning
Hy, I can make a plan for peaplo who don't have CRM ? I have see the ability to plan ervice based on CRM user but other technical peaple who don't are CRM ? How can we plan their work? Sory for my english and thanks for any idea. Lorenzo Pergine Valsugana - Italy ...

Problem Dispaying Print Button On Custom Ribbon In Access

how do I customize print size in xp with excel 2000
I have a form that is 6.75X10.75 that printed correctly from excel 2000 and Win 98 se. Since upgrading to Win XP pro, I am unable to customize to that size in my page setup. How else would I do that? ...

Event Service hangs after SP2 installation
Hello NG! After installing Exchange 2003 SP2 at a SBS 2003 machine the event service hangs during shutdown the machine with the following message: MSExchangeES ID: 7 (0x80004005) unexpected error in maintenance thread I�ve checked MS-Kb but cannot find anything. Can anybody help? Thank you! Holger ...

Project Scheduler
Hi All: Using OLxp. Does anyone use Outlook as a job scheduler or any add-ons that would allow using the calendar with jobs and time vs people. I have a small construction company doing jobs from 1 day to 30 days with 3 crews on the road. Any ideas please. Thanks, Ed I would look at project management software instead - much more configurable and better suited to the job. See if any of them programs on this page look good to you: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-50,GGLD:en&q=project+management+software --� Milly Staples [MVP - O...

Customer Yearly Summary Inquiry
I have a crystal report that looks at the RM00103 table, the total discounts taken last year column. Our fiscal year just closed 11-30. Yet, when I compare the customer yearly summary inquiry "terms discounts taken" for certain customers the numbers do not tie. The discrepancies are small, but I was wondering what was going on here. We run an aging daily. Thanks Any 'year to date' or 'last year' columns in GP tables rely on the module they are in being closed after all transactions are posted for one year and before any transactions are posted f...

Logon issues with CRM services
Greetings everyone! Currently all of the CRM services are running under the domain admin account. About once a day, CRM will not open, and I'll have to go into the MMC, re-enter the domain admin's password to give the accout logon rights for the service, and restart the service for CRM to be accessible again. This is a serious pain since it happens about once a day. Does anyone know why this occurs and how I can fix it? Michael Losapio Support/Developer TwinEngines, Inc. ...

Custom Properties
I have created a flowchart and would like to use the custom properties to display Cost, Resources and Time on different corners of each shape with out disrupting the information on each shape. Can someone help? Moses ...

Custom number format always defaults last number to 0.
I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How do I overcome that? Excel only lets 15 digits be used in numbers To have the 16th number most people use text. "scubadave" wrote: > I am trying to format cells to input credit card numbers in Excell 2000. > When I set up a custom number format for four sets of four numbers > (####-####-####-####) the result always changes the last number to a 0. How...

mark up by author color scheme edit/ customize
Does anyone know how to achieve color costumization for the mark up feature in the track changes tool for "by author options"? the defaults are too dark to be comfortable to read. I am seeking advise on how to edit/customize them. thanks Once you have selected "By Author," you have given Word carte blanche to use whatever colors it wants. Sorry. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ady" <Ady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01E45578-5B01-4423-A44F-1C...

Scheduled reports error
I am attempting to schedule a report to run daily. The wizard appears to work fine until I click "Finish". I then get the following error: Operation failed One or more steps in the request to create or update the snapshot or schedule failed. The following errors or warnings occurred: Unable to process the scheduling or snapshot options that you selected. To close this wizard, click Finish. After I click finish, the wizard closes and nothing is scheduled. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Neil Neil, I am getting the exact same errors and have tried different opt...

Amortization schedule with veriable payments
I need an amortization schedule that allows changing the monthly payment amount. I have a house that I have sold to someone with a contract for deed. I have an amortization schedule, but due to them having some financial probems they have lowered the monthly payment with my permission. That is why I would like to change the payment amount after 2 years of calculated payments. I would appreciate any ideas. Gervis "Gervis" wrote: > I need an amortization schedule that allows > changing the monthly payment amount. Off-hand, I don't know of a free template...

How do you schedule meetiings with customers, so it ends under history ?
Hey, were just beginning working with CRM in my company, but im not sure which workaround is the best for meetings with customers. Case: We are running a oublic calender for the people in our house. We want to register if a salesperson having a meeting, so we have it in the customers history. First i tried to be in the public calender, inviting, everyone from the house, and also the client, but im not sure some of the things in the calender entry, the client need to see that. So, how is your workarounds in your companys ? Best regards Kim Hi Kim, Is your public calendar a CRM...

Accessing custom reports
Evidently I missed something in RMS 2.0 when it comes to custom reports... It appears that if the report is in the "reports" directory (as defined in the Reports Path) and the filename begins with "Custom - " it should show up in the Reports drop down menu in the Custom Menu item. Is there an additonal step to make RMS Manager display the report in the menu so one can run it? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_016C_01CA4398.672C7FE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Custom OWA Themes in exchange 2003
Hi All, Can any one tell me how to create Custom OWA Themes in exchange 2003 Server.is there any document for that. i allready got one link http://www.exchange-mail.org/articles/owathemes.html when i go throu that link i found With E2k3 RTM there is no Themes key under OWA called themes.this is a mistake in this documentation, or do I just need to add the key.one more thing if any one can give me the registery snap shot it will be great for me. Thaks in advance Sameer. Under 'OWA' create a key called 'Themes'. It doesn't exist by default. Then, under the Themes ...

Paused workflow in customized entity
Hi: I created some customized entity. When I try to create a workflow to send an email automaticaly when the user save a new record on one of those entities, the workflow does not start automaticaly, and it keeps waiting for the action " Apply rule" . However, if I do the same workflow in a native entity ( Lead, Account for example ), the workflow starts as it should to be. Any idea? Thanks, JJ. ...

no option for "custom" paper size
Hi! My problem is that I can no longer specify a specific paper size with Office XP, which I find possible in other computers with XP. Mine just doesn't have a "custom" option for paper size. I need to adjust paper size to 8.5" (width) by 5.5" (length) continuous paper with Epson LX-300+ dot matrix printer. I've done all sorts of driver upgrades but to no avail. Thanks... This is a function of the printer/print driver. If yours doesn't support it, then you can't do it. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy chris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

AutoAccept Agent scheduling problem
Hello all, I am using the autoaccept agent. I have created a conference room resource for scheduling purposes. My problem is that there is a recurring meeting that takes place and I had a user book the conference room at the same time as the recurring meeting and it accepted it. Is this a known issue? If so is there a fix for it. Any help would be great thanks! Check out http://www.swinc.com/products/erm for a tool that does this right. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com...

windows XP 64 bit service pack
Where can I find the windows 64 bit XP latest service pack? You have replies to your first posting. Ernie wrote: > Where can I find the windows 64 bit XP latest service pack? ...

How to use custom field in email view
Hi all, Using Outlook 2003 in English I've added a some custom text fields (eg. "Request ID") to the current view (inbox folder). I was hoping to be able to type a value into this new text field for each email in the inbox, so I could easily sort and reference the messages. I see the empty column in the view on screen, but how can I enter a value in that column? Double-click opens the message and it's not in the message properties or options... Any ideas? Thank you in advance, James YOu can do that if you set the view for in-cell editing. It's on the = Other S...

Lookup to a Custom Asset Register in Service Activity
Hi All, New to CRM just getting to grips with customization. Have created a new Entity called "Asset Database". When anyone creates a service activity, I want to be able to add a lookup field that will allow us to link back to the record in the Asset Database. I have created other lookups from Asset Database to Companies and this worked fine. Cannot get this to work at all. Any ideas ? -- David Dalton IT Systems Ltd Killaloe, Co. Clare, Ireland Microsoft Certified Partner ...

Deactivate custom entity (State vs Status)
Hello everyone, I seem to be running into a problem. I crated a custom entity. I changed the values of the statuscode to "Canceled" and "Ended" for the inactive state. Logically I expected the CRM to ask me which value I want when I deactivate my custom entity. The same way cases work. It does not. It deactivates my entity and selects the first value in the list (in my case "Canceled"). Has anyone had this problem ? Am I missing something ? Is this a known issue, is there a workaround or a hotfix, anything I can do or use ? Thank you in advance, Dan .. ...

MSCRM Bit Value in customized form
Hi Can anyone tell me how to make the lable text for a check box sit at teh right of the checkbox rather than the left. I have quite a lot of text to go with each check box and i cant seem to format it in any sensible way Thanks in advance ...

HQId=0 @ Stores after TablesSync for Custom Tables
Hi I use the table sync to send data down to stores from my custom tables,i noticed that the HQId field @ the Store dosent reflect the respective one at HQ,instead it gets the value 0. Thats creates double work and chances for collation issues for the Custom application. Can anyone help on this please ASAP as itz pretty urgent. Thanks in advance Regards Zak Hi Zak , Are you talking about the Item Table in store Level ? If yes and you can identify the items then you just have to do Worksheet--> style 250: Update Inventory Items "Zak" wrote: > Hi...

How to ensure custom Excel application's latest version?
I have written a custom VBA Excel application that works as a report writer. The app uses SQL and MDX to build a local Excel report book using custom menu options. I currently have the application loaded on each client computer which, as the application's visibility has increased, is now unmanageable. I am looking for a recommendation to maintain the current version of the custom application across the enterprise. I am about to implement a table in SQL Server which contains the name of each custom application and its current version. On opening, each custom application would check its...