Service Calendar Unexpected Error

Hi,

We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected error"
screen and no event in the event log.

We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.

Many thanks in advance

rac504uk
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Enable tracing and see what shows up in your trace file. It should give you
detailed information about what happens:

To enable tracing, add these settings to your registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM]

"TraceEnabled"=dword:00000001
"TraceDirectory"="c:\\crmdrop\\logs"
"TraceSchedule"="Hourly"
"TraceCategories"="*:Verbose"
"TraceCallStack"=dword:00000001
"TraceRefresh"=dword:00000004
"TraceFileSizeLimit"=dword:00000005

HTH,

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility

"rac504uk" <rac504uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
> the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected
> error"
> screen and no event in the event log.
>
> We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> rac504uk

0
Jeffry
2/14/2006 8:03:35 PM
You might want to set the TraceSchedule to Daily as well.  Depends on how
often you want new files genned by the trace.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
Enable tracing and see what shows up in your trace file. It should give you
detailed information about what happens:

To enable tracing, add these settings to your registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM]

"TraceEnabled"=dword:00000001
"TraceDirectory"="c:\\crmdrop\\logs"
"TraceSchedule"="Hourly"
"TraceCategories"="*:Verbose"
"TraceCallStack"=dword:00000001
"TraceRefresh"=dword:00000004
"TraceFileSizeLimit"=dword:00000005

HTH,

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility
www.cwrmobility.com
--

"rac504uk" <rac504uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
> the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected
> error"
> screen and no event in the event log.
>
> We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> rac504uk

0
Matt
2/15/2006 8:59:46 AM
Hi,
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

"rac504uk" wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
> the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected error"
> screen and no event in the event log.
>
> We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> rac504uk
From the thread "Service Calendar Unexpected Error"

"On your CRM Server, Open the IIS Snap In, Find your "Microsoft CRM v3.0" web
site under "Web Sites".  Right click and select properties.  Find the ASP.Net
tab and select the version of ASP.Net that you want to use... mine says
"1.1.4322".  Then click the "+" next to the web and right click on
"MSCRMServices" and do the same thing."

This worked for me.

"Dana" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
>
> Thanks
>
> "rac504uk" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
> > the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected error"
> > screen and no event in the event log.
> >
> > We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance
> >
> > rac504uk
I have not installed version 1.1 at all ,just 2.0. So what to do ?

"Tom Geek" ha scritto:

> From the thread "Service Calendar Unexpected Error"
>
> "On your CRM Server, Open the IIS Snap In, Find your "Microsoft CRM v3.0" web
> site under "Web Sites".  Right click and select properties.  Find the ASP.Net
> tab and select the version of ASP.Net that you want to use... mine says
> "1.1.4322".  Then click the "+" next to the web and right click on
> "MSCRMServices" and do the same thing."
>
> This worked for me.
>

> "Dana" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "rac504uk" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
> > > the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected error"
> > > screen and no event in the event log.
> > >
> > > We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.
> > >
> > > Many thanks in advance
> > >
> > > rac504uk
Try this

�        Open Command prompt on CRM Server

�        Change directory to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\framework\V1.1.4322

�        Type aspnet_regiis.exe -r and press ENTER

Peter Lynch

"Help_Pc" <HelpPc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have not installed version 1.1 at all ,just 2.0. So what to do ?
>
> "Tom Geek" ha scritto:
>
>> From the thread "Service Calendar Unexpected Error"
>>
>> "On your CRM Server, Open the IIS Snap In, Find your "Microsoft CRM v3.0"
>> web
>> site under "Web Sites".  Right click and select properties.  Find the
>> ASP.Net
>> tab and select the version of ASP.Net that you want to use... mine says
>> "1.1.4322".  Then click the "+" next to the web and right click on
>> "MSCRMServices" and do the same thing."
>>
>> This worked for me.
>>

>> "Dana" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Peter

Display email & calendar simultaneously
Is it possible to create a view that displays email & calendar simultaneously? Jared ...

Error Uploading Report
After removing Reporting Service and reinstall it, all reports in my CRM server were disappeared. Whenever I create a new report , upload a .rdl file and save, CRM throws an error message: "Error Uploading Report. An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator. " Anyone can help? ...

Event ID 9318 error code 5
We have 2 Exchange 5.5 servers and since Monday, they will not pass messages between them. Server 2 has the Internet connector and that works just fine. Users on each server can only send internal e-mails to others on the same server. Users on Server 2 can send mail to the Internet. At around the time that the RPC errors started to occur, there was a failed attempt to setup a new Exchange 2003 server that will eventually be in the same domain. (the setup of the new server also failed last friday). Any help would be appreciated. Art ...

getting reporting services web service to work
The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the web-service.? Thus to correc...

sites and services servers
Hi I recently went into our AD site and services and noticed under servers there are about 4 servers that havent been online for months. Is it safe to just remove/delete them here? Also our licensing server is listing a dead server? Wondering why it never showed anything in event log. This is a 2003 sp2 server in a small domain with 2 other DCs Thanks Shem You need to perform a metadata cleanup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(WS.10).aspx You can follow this article to change the licensing sever http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...

CRM services (help!!!!)
I have CRM installed on a W2K3 SP1 box, member server The CRM was installed to have the accompanying services run under the Domain Admin acct. I know that in someway the authentication is tied into to AD, from doing some reading up on CRM. Can I switch the services to run under the 'Local System' acct. without any problems. Reason being is that I have some KDC event ID 11 errors showing on my DC, which state that there are duplicate SPN name associated with the server running the CRM, and with further research found that the SPN names for the server were also attached to the A...

Re-Install on Re-Imaged computer error
I have recently been forced to re-image my computer due to spyware, viruses, (and various other things microsoft cannot deal with). Durring my reinstalation of microsoft outlook (it is a legal copy pre-packaged with a pocket pc), i came upon the error 'This product has allready been instaled on another computer',,, great... thanks for the info. of course the other computer was the same computer with a diffrent image on it. So due to poor programing i am left without a product i paid for. if anyone has encountered this error before, please reply.(i would have tried directly co...

Services don't start when server restarts.
The information store and MTA stacks services do not start when server is restarted. How do I fix this problem? Check your Event Veiwer, any errors? What are the associated event id #'s. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Micah Pokorney" <micah@primeadvantage.com> wrote in message news:137f01c3df7d$df537300$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The information store and MTA stacks services do not > start when server is restarted. How do I fix this > problem? ...

Deleting recurring items in calendars
I'm having trouble deleting recurring items in calendars. I'm using Outlook 2003 on an Exchange Server. I delete the item and either 1) it reappears in a few seconds or 2) I get an error message telling me that I'm out of memory (I have plenty of memory on my account and on my computer). I have no problem deleting regular entries. I'm stumped. Please help. Marty Using Cached Exchange mode? Does it also happen when you disable Cached Exchange mode? Got a PDA installed that synchs back to Outlook? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month...

Cannot Empty Clipboard error
Hi, I am runnig a java application which outputs data into excel. I am currently getting "cannot empty clipboard error" when I try to run the application. Also I need to mention that there are two instances of excel running which are accessing the clipboard as the application is doing parallel processing. I have got Win 2K and Excel 2000 on my system. Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196620 XL97: "Cannot Empty the Clipboard" or http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840872 You may not be able to paste an item in an Of...

Error trying to create contacts for mail forwarding on MS Exchange Server 2000
Hi In order to be able to forward emails of local exchange & domain / Active Directory users, I need to create contacts for them to hold their external email addresses. I have done that before, last time a few months ago, and it was ok. Yesterday I was unable to create a contact in the Active Directory. I follow the steps in the Exchange Administration Guide, step by step, and when I reach where I press ok after entering the external SMTP address, I get this error: Facility: Win32 ID: c0070035 Virtual Folder Not Found I would appreciate all the ideas you have to help with this situat...

Resolution for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed
------=_NextPart_0001_EC57D3FB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Microsoft has released a fix for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed The Microsoft Dynamics Retail Development team has identified problems when Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows XP SP3 is installed. Running these service packs, without the below fix installed, may cause data loss in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System or Microsoft Dynamics - Point of Sale datab...

Calendar view #5
When I go to calendar view, select monthly and try to scroll down I get a memory error and Outlook freezes. This only happens in the month view. ...

Export All Users Exchange Calendar and Contact information
In preparation for a Backup Redundancy Plan testing, we require all MS Exchange Users Contacts and Calendar information to be exported. Are there any tools or WMI scripts that could help? Any possible format, not native to MS Exchange would do. We need to give users an alternative ways of sending their e-mails with their custom Calendar and Contacts information available. Thank You. ...

Error Sending With Distribution Lists
With some of my distribution lists, I get a dialog "An Unexpected Error Has Occurred" when trying to send. If I enter the individual addresses from the appropriate address book, it sends fine. ...

MTA Service
Hello, we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA is working anybody can suggest. regards "azam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i >have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA >service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA >is working anybody can suggest. >regards Check the application event log. There will be some ev...

ole server error #2
When opening the organization chart in publisher 2000, now that I have Office XP installed. I get an error message "Publisher can launch or communicate with the ole server program needed to complete this task" This worked fine until upgrading to Office XP Hi kevin boseley (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || When opening the organization chart in publisher 2000, now || that I have Office XP installed. I get an error message || || "Publisher can launch or communicate with the ole server || program needed to complete this task&...

error 0x80242006
Got error 0x80242006 when trying to d/l kb978207 given to me by winupd.. xp pro sp2 ie7 Tried to install it manually, but says this is for ie6. title of the update claims it is for ie7 on xp. Any ideas? thanks sue Why are you only attempting to install KB978207 now, nearly two months after it was released? Is this the installer you'd downloaded for manual installation? => http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3510c7d8-7e8f-479e-b6f9-5745a845664d Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now? Extended Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends...

Outlook closes with an error...
Hi, My outlook closes with "outlook.exe has generated errors and will be shut down" error when I click on the drop down arrow for the contact finder. I think it has to do with a windows update for a IE vunerability but am not sure. Please advise..thanks Brijesh ...

calendar disappeared from public folder
Hi, Have a wierd one here I think. I am running exchange 5.5 with 15 users accessing it. Now over the past couple of days somthing weird has happened. In the public folders on exchange we have calendars and contacts shared out. The first togo was the contacts which a contain within many different sub containners within the public folder tree. All that was left was the folders all contents gone as if someone was after deleting them. Now today a calendar disappeared. Can some help. Regards Aaron ...

error enabling message tracking
If anyone has any advise regarding the following it would be much appreciated. I'm simply trying to enable message tracking in Exchange 2003, but anytime I specify the log directory I get the following error message: Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level in invalid. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070542 Microsoft Exchange Managment I'm on Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 Server. I can't seem to find anything online regarding this sort of problem. Any ideas? Thanks for the help! Are you sure that your account has the necessary...

Service Scheduling MS CRM
Guys There are some extremely knowledgeable people in here I am hoping some one can help me. Any help you can give me is appreciate. We will not mind paying for your help if you are a freelancer and would spend time getting this to work for us. We have an implementation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 and would like to use the Service Scheduling to help us run our fleet of buses. We have a fleet of 8 buses, 6 drivers and need to schedule them for a variety of jobs. Each bus has a capacity of 20, 30 or 50. The buses can be out of order and drivers can be on holiday or off sick. We want to able ...

Default automatic start Exchange Services
I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services that get started "Automatic". Thanks. Hi, It would help if you posted which version of Exchange server you are using :-) Leif "AllenM" <ghost@nodomain.com> wrote in message news:e$yvgFfcGHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the >sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services >that get started "Automatic". Thanks...

BLDDEMO: There were errors bulding <project>
I have the following problem when I build CE 6 images: basically, I keep getting the BLDDEMO: There were errors bulding osDesignTS every time I compile an image. However, checking the build.log file in the WINCE600 folder, I found out that the errors are different: - once, I got EDITBIN : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\osDesignTS\osDesignTS\Wince600\ADVGEODELX_x86\cesysgen\oak\target\x86\debug\exfat.dll' - another time, I got EDITBIN : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\osDesignTS\osDesignTS\Wince600\ADVGEODELX_x8...

how do I copy my calendar in office 2010?
I am trying to make a copy to back up on an external hard drive but cant find how to do this. I dont want to delete info. Find the pst and make a copy. By default, outlook 2010 puts them in the documents folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Out...