Service activities question

Can reoccuring services be setup using CRM 1.2 or 3.0? Our disptach has
regular monthly appointments that don't change (i.e., every 3rd friday), but
we'd like to know if CRM can auto-schedule our resources ahead of time.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Standard CRM 3.0 does not have the functionality to automatically create and
schedule service appointments.

You can achieve this by customising the system via the SDK.

Could you be a bit more specific in how you would like to set up the
schedule?

For example: Do you want to create a Preventive Maintenenace scheme attached
to a contract and based on that run an automated process that creates the
service appointments a month ahead and automatically assignes the engineers
to the jobs?
(that's how I did it in a previous system...)

Let me know, maybe we can look at it together?

Regards,

Erik van Hoof
CWR Mobility

"SADA Systems" <SADA Systems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can reoccuring services be setup using CRM 1.2 or 3.0? Our disptach has
> regular monthly appointments that don't change (i.e., every 3rd friday),
> but
> we'd like to know if CRM can auto-schedule our resources ahead of time.

0
Erik
11/29/2005 9:33:22 AM
You basically summed it up exactly.

We have clients with monthly maintenance/service agreements. Each agreement
may differ based on reoccurring visit frequency (once/month, once/week,
bi-monthly, etc...) as detailed in their contract

A primary tech is assigned these visits, and they occur on 'every 3rd
Tuesday" (as an example).

We currently use an Exchange Public folder for the appointment calendar to
achieve this, and it currently creates the appointments with no end date.

Let me know your thoughts as we are definitely interested in customizing CRM
for meet our needs.
"Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" wrote:

> Standard CRM 3.0 does not have the functionality to automatically create and
> schedule service appointments.
>
> You can achieve this by customising the system via the SDK.
>
> Could you be a bit more specific in how you would like to set up the
> schedule?
>
> For example: Do you want to create a Preventive Maintenenace scheme attached
> to a contract and based on that run an automated process that creates the
> service appointments a month ahead and automatically assignes the engineers
> to the jobs?
> (that's how I did it in a previous system...)
>
> Let me know, maybe we can look at it together?
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility
>
> "SADA Systems" <SADA Systems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can reoccuring services be setup using CRM 1.2 or 3.0? Our disptach has
> > regular monthly appointments that don't change (i.e., every 3rd friday),
> > but
> > we'd like to know if CRM can auto-schedule our resources ahead of time.

I could use this exact same thing.  How much would it cost to have someone
create this process for me?

"Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" wrote:

> Standard CRM 3.0 does not have the functionality to automatically create and
> schedule service appointments.
>
> You can achieve this by customising the system via the SDK.
>
> Could you be a bit more specific in how you would like to set up the
> schedule?
>
> For example: Do you want to create a Preventive Maintenenace scheme attached
> to a contract and based on that run an automated process that creates the
> service appointments a month ahead and automatically assignes the engineers
> to the jobs?
> (that's how I did it in a previous system...)
>
> Let me know, maybe we can look at it together?
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility
>
> "SADA Systems" <SADA Systems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can reoccuring services be setup using CRM 1.2 or 3.0? Our disptach has
> > regular monthly appointments that don't change (i.e., every 3rd friday),
> > but
> > we'd like to know if CRM can auto-schedule our resources ahead of time.

We too could use the same thing.  We have clients with daily service
agreements Monday - Friday and would like to be able to schedule reoccuring
service appointments for the length of the contract assigned to a particular
engineer.

Has anything happened with this since it was last posted?

Thanks

I could really use this too.

"STUARTS" wrote:

> I could use this exact same thing.  How much would it cost to have someone
> create this process for me?
>
> "Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" wrote:
>
> > Standard CRM 3.0 does not have the functionality to automatically create and
> > schedule service appointments.
> >
> > You can achieve this by customising the system via the SDK.
> >
> > Could you be a bit more specific in how you would like to set up the
> > schedule?
> >
> > For example: Do you want to create a Preventive Maintenenace scheme attached
> > to a contract and based on that run an automated process that creates the
> > service appointments a month ahead and automatically assignes the engineers
> > to the jobs?
> > (that's how I did it in a previous system...)
> >
> > Let me know, maybe we can look at it together?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Erik van Hoof
> > CWR Mobility
> >
> > "SADA Systems" <SADA Systems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Can reoccuring services be setup using CRM 1.2 or 3.0? Our disptach has
> > > regular monthly appointments that don't change (i.e., every 3rd friday),
> > > but
> > > we'd like to know if CRM can auto-schedule our resources ahead of time.

Hi Erik,

I also need to automatically schedule reoccurring services for contractual
clients... Can you provide any info on the customizations required or
templates that can be used? Like others, I would pay a fee for this...

Regards

Jaco

"Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" wrote:

> Standard CRM 3.0 does not have the functionality to automatically create and
> schedule service appointments.
>
> You can achieve this by customising the system via the SDK.
>
> Could you be a bit more specific in how you would like to set up the
> schedule?
>
> For example: Do you want to create a Preventive Maintenenace scheme attached
> to a contract and based on that run an automated process that creates the
> service appointments a month ahead and automatically assignes the engineers
> to the jobs?
> (that's how I did it in a previous system...)
>
> Let me know, maybe we can look at it together?
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility
>
> "SADA Systems" <SADA Systems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can reoccuring services be setup using CRM 1.2 or 3.0? Our disptach has
> > regular monthly appointments that don't change (i.e., every 3rd friday),
> > but
> > we'd like to know if CRM can auto-schedule our resources ahead of time.

getting reporting services web service to work
The error I am getting is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on the web-service.? Thus to correc...

Customizing Activity View
All, Is it possible to customize the activity views? I'd like to add the CreatedOn and ModifiedOn fields to the view. Right now the only way to see that information is to open the activity and click File/Properties. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Rebecca Reference these links or my previous posting: http://www.mscrm-technical.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=14&ArtifactID=200d84c5-18a3-48d2-850a-9efc333549f0 http://www.mscrm-technical.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=14&ArtifactID=f5abfa2c-80fe-400e-810c-16f33f43278b "Rebecca Halstead" <rhalstead@gmri.com...

sites and services servers
Hi I recently went into our AD site and services and noticed under servers there are about 4 servers that havent been online for months. Is it safe to just remove/delete them here? Also our licensing server is listing a dead server? Wondering why it never showed anything in event log. This is a 2003 sp2 server in a small domain with 2 other DCs Thanks Shem You need to perform a metadata cleanup. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736378(WS.10).aspx You can follow this article to change the licensing sever http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc...

Active/Inactive
Hi there.. i got this report the displays trainees with no training history and they need to be scheduled for training. with this code, it works fine. SELECT Trainees.TraineeID, Trainees.FirstName, Trainees.LastName, Trainees. JobTitle, Trainees.ContractorName, Trainees.Language, Trainees.TraineeStatus FROM Trainees WHERE (((Trainees.TraineeID) Not In (SELECT DISTINCT TraineeID FROM [Training Records]))); now, i added a TraineeStatus field on Trainees table with a lookup data so the user can make a selection from Active, Inactive & OnVacation. Now, what the user wan...

Simple question: How do I REALLY delete all of my e-mails?
I'm getting ready to switch jobs, and I want to permanently delete all of my e-mails off of my current work PC. Obviously, I know that I need to first delete everything into the "Deleted" folder, and then delete the entire contents of that folder as well. BUT, I know that there's also some place in memory that STILL retains copies of all the deleted e-mails. So, my question is: Where exactly is that repository of supposedly "deleted" e- mails located and how/where do I go to TRULY "wipe it clean"? Thanks very much in advance for any help that you ...

CRM services (help!!!!)
I have CRM installed on a W2K3 SP1 box, member server The CRM was installed to have the accompanying services run under the Domain Admin acct. I know that in someway the authentication is tied into to AD, from doing some reading up on CRM. Can I switch the services to run under the 'Local System' acct. without any problems. Reason being is that I have some KDC event ID 11 errors showing on my DC, which state that there are duplicate SPN name associated with the server running the CRM, and with further research found that the SPN names for the server were also attached to the A...

"Conditinal Format" question?
Hi everyone, Say you want to do mapping using colors. Conditional Format allows you to use up to 3 colors (3 conditions)! Assuming you have more 6 conditions to color-map. Can you still use Conditional Format here? If so, how? Thanks, Mike Mike If your data are numbers, JE McGimpsey's site has a method for getting up to 6 CF. You can also use sheet event code to allow many colors. Example code.....adjust to suit. Option Compare Text Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim Num As Long Dim Rng As Range Dim vRngInput As Variant Set vRngInput = Intersect(Target, Ra...

Question on carets
Hi, I have a question regarding the carets in MFC.. I have a view class which has some data in it arranged in rows and columns.I select some data in the view.Suppose i select data containing 2nd entire row which has for eg. 5 columns.Now when i select this data and select edit a dialog box opens up.I want the caret position to be in the starting place wherein i have selected the rows.ie. when the edit dialog box opens up i want the caret position to be in the same row as selected in the view class(in this case the caret should be in the second row)... Can anybody help me on this!!!! Thanks ...

Services don't start when server restarts.
The information store and MTA stacks services do not start when server is restarted. How do I fix this problem? Check your Event Veiwer, any errors? What are the associated event id #'s. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Micah Pokorney" <micah@primeadvantage.com> wrote in message news:137f01c3df7d$df537300$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The information store and MTA stacks services do not > start when server is restarted. How do I fix this > problem? ...

A question about thread,please help me #2
My program environment is .net2005.The partial code is shown as below: void CfinalView::OnRButtonDblClk(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); if(point.x>rc.left&&point.x<(rc.right/2)&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<rc.bottom) { //AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CDetailPlot)); } if(point.x>(rc.right/2)&&point.x<rc.right&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<(rc.bottom/2)) { //AfxMessageBox(_T("haha")); AfxBeginThread(RUNTI...

gumby question about control appearance
hi there i'm writing an app in VC++ 6 - the appearance of common controls is the 3d look like in windows 2000 the same app, when compiled and run under xp, has the *same* appearance for common controls, and not the 'xp' look why is this? probably a bit of a no-brainer to someone out there! "bhu Boue vidya" <bhuvidya@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1157017475.723991.288800@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > hi there > > i'm writing an app in VC++ 6 - the appearance of common controls is the > 3d look like in windows 2000 > > the same a...

Resolution for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed
------=_NextPart_0001_EC57D3FB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon, Microsoft has released a fix for the compatibility issue in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Products after Windows XP Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is installed The Microsoft Dynamics Retail Development team has identified problems when Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows XP SP3 is installed. Running these service packs, without the below fix installed, may cause data loss in Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System or Microsoft Dynamics - Point of Sale datab...

MTA Service
Hello, we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA is working anybody can suggest. regards "azam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >we are having exchange 5.5 server, its hard drive fails. i >have installed new server and restoed the backup but MTA >service is not starting. other Exchange Dirtocory, IS sA >is working anybody can suggest. >regards Check the application event log. There will be some ev...

Two formula questions...
Question number one: (and this is a simple one I hope) were I wanting to do a COUNTA to concentrate on specific cells in increments of 10 and missing out those between, I.e A1, A11, A21 and so on...how would I do this, without overloading the formula as this needs to be repeated from 1-3000 to accomodate a years worth of data Question number two: were I using a complex formula to produce a result for cells which first qualify one criteria (Having the phrase 'GD (KT)' in it) and then correspond to a date in another: example being {=SUM(IF(MOD(ROW('2008 Errors'!$A$3:$A$300...

LDAP question w/ Barracuda
I have a Barracuda Spam Firewall that has a builtin Exchange Accelerator which basically hooks into the Exchange server and verifies the email address before sending the email to the server. Therefore, eliminating the BADMAIL folder. In the administration of the barracuda it asks for LDAP / Exchange Username and Password. What is that? Is it the Administrator and it's PW? Dan That's a password to connect on the Active Diretory!! I think he would check the existing accounts... Also... that can be the administrator account and password! Best regards. -- Nicolas Buache MCSE, ...

Service Scheduling MS CRM
Guys There are some extremely knowledgeable people in here I am hoping some one can help me. Any help you can give me is appreciate. We will not mind paying for your help if you are a freelancer and would spend time getting this to work for us. We have an implementation of Microsoft CRM 3.0 and would like to use the Service Scheduling to help us run our fleet of buses. We have a fleet of 8 buses, 6 drivers and need to schedule them for a variety of jobs. Each bus has a capacity of 20, 30 or 50. The buses can be out of order and drivers can be on holiday or off sick. We want to able ...

Question about MS newsgroups posting
Hi, Is posting to the MS newsgroups the same as posting to the MSDN and TechNet forums? Or are they completely separate? I don't want to cross-post duplicate messages. Thanks. Alan -- _____________________________ Alan Z. Scharf Grapevine Systems New York City MS newsgroups and MSDN forums are different. -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com ...

CWnd question #2
Hi, I have a class which is derived from CWnd. This window has a parent window. But how Can I make this window modal? I didn't find any window style to do this. Robert You can make a dialog modal. change it to a CDialog instead of a CWnd! Keep in mind you will need a dialog template for that dialog. Ali R. "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:eGkSY5W$DHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a class which is derived from CWnd. > > This window has a parent window. But how Can I make this window modal? I > didn't fin...

Default automatic start Exchange Services
I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services that get started "Automatic". Thanks. Hi, It would help if you posted which version of Exchange server you are using :-) Leif "AllenM" <ghost@nodomain.com> wrote in message news:e$yvgFfcGHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had to do some work on my Exchange System and disabled some of the >sevices. I just want to double check on the default MS Exchange services >that get started "Automatic". Thanks...

data slugs in Email activities
I am attempting to create an Email activity when a task is not completed. Within that Email I am trying to use data slugs to display the company infomration. This activity is created when an Order is fisrt created and is an Order workflow. I have the following code in the body of the Email: Customer: &contact.fullname;<BR> Order Name: &salesorder.name;<BR> Order Date: &salesorder.createdon;<BR> Order Description: &salesorder.description;<BR> Whne the Email is received by internal users it has the exact verbage above and does not display th...

Easy CComboBox question
Say the user changes selection in a CComboBox, hence that selection will be highlighted. Then the user clicks a scrollbar. I want to un-highlight the selection in the CComboBox. How is this done? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151825291.205518.31820@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Say the user changes selection in a CComboBox, hence that selection > will be highlighted. Then the user clicks a scrollbar. I want to > un-highlight the selection in the CComboBox. How is this done? Respond to OnVScroll and SetCurSel(-1) ? Dave -- David We...

Question 12-15-03
Hello, could anyone please tell me several Newsgroups servers' addresses. I would really appreciate your help. Emma On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:34:51 -0800, "Emma" <emasegal2004@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, could anyone please tell me several Newsgroups servers' addresses. I >would really appreciate your help. >Emma > A google search on 'usenet server' gives about 2m. responses... -- John Thow an optimist is a guy/ that has never had/ much experience - certain maxims of archie; Don Marquis. To e-mail me, replace the DOTs in the Reply-To: address with...

Removing Personal Folders in Services
Hello I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004 folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders. I used the Close "Personal Folders" to close the old personal forlders but the folder still exist in my Folder List and when I open the Services then the Delivery tab the old folder still exist. How can i remove that? Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry, something like that pls helppp.... Hi You may want to create a new profile ...

The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to sta
Several error messages in the System event log as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7000 Date: 5/12/2004 Time: 3:18:56 PM User: N/A Computer: CRM01 Description: The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service failed to start due to the following error: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Hi Brian I have had same hassle at one of ou...

GP 8 Service Pack 5 Service Advantage
Hi, I am upgrading from GP 8 to GP 9 as the first step I installed GP 8 SP 5 and getting error message about SVC00951 (invalid object), which is a ServiceAdvantage table. There are no ServiceAdvantage tables in the company database. any ideas ? thanks Syed ...