SERIOUS: CRM problem when attaching file

Hi

We have implemented SPLA CRM, with clients using the Outloop laptop
client.

We have a serious issue when you attempt to attach a file to a CRM
entiy by clicking the paper clip icon.
When you click this icon, you get the standard "Add Attachment"
popup.  You browse to a file, then click attach, and instead of
attaching the file (under the Notes section), you get this bizare
looking form titled "CRM Sample Logon Form".  This form has Username
and Password fields, and a LogOn button.  This happens for any
entity.

This error does not occurr when usign the web client.

Can anyone help?

Regards

John

0
jkoullas
5/21/2007 5:53:58 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Problems with XsdObjectGen
Hi, I am experiencing a lot of problems with XsdObjectGen. I downloaded the latest version from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=89e6b1e5-f66c-4a4d-933b-46222bb01eb0&DisplayLang=en but this is dated september 2006, so it's not very recent. We receive xsds from a third party and our application has to generate xml that is valid for these xsds. This makes that we cannot alter the xsds in any way, we have to generate code for them as they are. The xsds are also quite complicated, a lot of includes of other xsd files in each xsd. Also some circular references, whi...

Search the CRM from Sharepoint
Hi, i just have a question. Is there a Way to search trough the CRM 3.0 with the Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 Search? Crawling through the web Adress of the CRM does not work. It just returns the redirection Page of the CRM from which you're being redirected to the CRM main Page Perhaps a plug in or something like that? tank's, Marc This can be done, check out this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm3/html/mbs_crmServicePortal.asp -- David Wasserman www.grandconsult.com "Marc-Michael Hohensteiner" wrote: > Hi...

"Invisible" font problem in Word
I've purchased a new machine with Windows 7, installed Windows 2003, but found it didn't include the "Granite" type font that I need. I did some searching online, found a source, and downloaded and installed Granite. It now shows in my Windows font list, displays in my Font listing in Word documents -- but won't show in a document when I make some type Granite. It just shows blank spaces, and won't print to my printer or as a PDF, either. However, if I change my printer option to the Microsoft XPS document printer (or the fax, for that matter) the fo...

Bizzare Select single node problem
Hi, I've a simple XML tree that is essentially. <?xml version="1.0"?> <Project> <Version Version="1.001" /> <Platform Name="Platform1"/> <Platform Name="Platform2" /> </Project> Now I have the following code. XmlNode destinationProjectNode = doc1.SelectSingleNode("//Project"); string xPath = string.Format("{Platform}[@Name='Platform1']"); XmlNode destinationXmlNode = destinationProjectNode.SelectSingleNode(xPath); This will retrieve the correct node as you'd expect, however in ce...

Delete Files where-object CreatedDate
Hi Guys i have the following script. This is meant to get all files within a directory and delete it if it older than 31 days can someone assist me as this is currently not working as this script deletes based on LastWriteTime and Not Create Date. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong is this script below, or perhaps provide something that works All i need is a script that checks a specific directory that I supply, for example D:\FTP\Public\ And Deletes all Files and Folders Older (Create Date) than 31 days #Date Created 28/01/2010 #Owner Marcus Van Wyk vanwykm@gess...

OOF Problem
We are working on Exchange 2K with SP3 installed. All PC's have either Outlook 2002 or 2003. For some reason, one user's Out of Office doesn't send out Out of Office replies. I've checked Exchange to see if OOF is allowed. I've removed this user's out of office, gone onto another PC and set it up again, but still no luck. Any ideas? Does it work when you configure it through OWA? Otherwise use the the mdbvu32.exe tool from the Exchange Resource Kit to take a closer look at the rules configured for the mailbox -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook...

serious bug wrap text + conditional format
Hi, I have a serious bug to report in an excel file Changing the format to wrap - in one cell only - saving - open again - BANG. Excel "try to repair the file... and I am left naked ! - no more format - no more vba macros - no more formula - ... nothing Aaaaahhhrghhhh ! Two full days of work... and I have the autosave on... How can I post the file to give it as a (BAD) exemple ? and possibly get a fix ? File description: - one column has a data validation pull down menu taken from a named list + a conditional format to set the cell in red if the value chosen is out of the list - the...

CRM used in banking?
Hello, I am a consultant representing some of our customers in the banking industry. I am interested to know if there are any companies out there doing CRM implemetations into banks and what there experience has been. We are possibly interested in using MS CRM within our bank. Does anyone have any good references for companies doing these sorts of implementations? Thanks Jamie I can't comment from the perspective of someone who has actually implemented CRM at a bank, but I can say that relationships between the bank I primarily work for and its customers are pretty complex, an...

Can't link .db file
When I attempt to link or import from a .db I receeve a "External Table is not in expected format error" Any Help would be great. ...

Import multiple files to CRM
I'm new to CRM. Our company attaches many files to the notes section on each account (e.g., signed, scanned business plans, incentive amendments, etc.). My question: is there either 1) a way to drag and drop the attachment to the account notes section easily or 2) another way to more quickly add the attachments to the account, other than opening each account's notes and adding the file? Thanks, Cindy No these are the only ways this can be done using out of the box features. Hi Cindy, CRM's standard document management features are pretty poor - it's not really design...

Subject line in email defaults to workbook file name.
We recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and have a workbook from which we email several specific sheets. Upon clicking the "E-mail" button on the toolbar, the "send this sheet" box pops-up with the subject line showing the workbook filename. Our previous version of Outlook would remember the subject line from the last time the sheet was emailed. Can Outlook 2003 do the same? Thank you. I guess it can't. "swellett" wrote: > We recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and have a workbook from which we email > several specific sheets. Upon clicking the ...

Create CRM Account and CRM Contact from Outlook contact
Currently CRM only allows a CRM Contact to be created from an Outlook contact through the "view in CRM" feature. It would be helpful to provide the option of creating an Account together with the Contact and also an option to link the two by default upon creation. Additionally, it would be helpful to allow contacts in shared group folders to be promoted to CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do...

CRM and it's impact/integration with CRM
Hello, We're considering deploying CRM however I have some concerns about what impact it has on AD and I'm not a bit of a loss to find any information to clear up my concern. Primarily, I need to explain why CRM needs an OU - what it does with it, what it stores in it etc - as I need to justify the creation of the OU CRM asks for in the AD. Does it alter/impact on the AD outside of this OU? Any other implications? Essentially, I need to convince the AD chaps that installing CRM and allowing it to use the AD isn't going to cause the world to end. URLs would be particularly usef...

weired exchange transport problem
Hello dear friends, I am wondering if someone has seen this kind of problem. There are 2 main question in this post that I have. 1. I have a single server setup, Windows 2000, Exchange 2000 with all patches. I have configured the SMTP service to use the smart host and smart host is the mail server of our ISP. So that for all outbound emails, the server forwards all the emails to our ISP's mail server and our ISP has an SMTP feed for our domain so all the emails for our domains are being forwarded to our email server (which is actualled NATed from the firewall). is this ideal single ser...

Cannot access/close Outlook Data File
Once I had created a New Outlook Data File called 'March 2004' and placed it on the local drive 'E:\outlook'. When I try to access/close this file, it gives an error 'The set of folders could not be opened'. I tried different options to get read of this folder inside of Outlook: ran scanpst.exe - it shows that the file is fixed and consistant; ran scanost.exe - it shows that everything is synchronized and fine. I also removed and recreated my Exchange account. But when I opened Outlook again, the folder 'March 2004' is still showing up and does not want...

Sending with attachment problem
Hi: can someone point me in the right direction. I have used outlook for years and had few problems. However, all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, I cant send mail when there is an attachments. It sends mail with NO attachment, but stalls when there is an attachment and wont connect to the server. Suggestions>>>?? John Baker ...

CRM 4.0 and Kaspersky
Hi there I want to install Kaspersky on both my CRM and SQL server. For that reason I'm looking for an exclusion list for Kaspersky antivirus to get the CRM system and the antivirus run together. Is there anybody who also runs CRM and SQL server on different machines and has installed Kaspersky on those maschines? Maybe you can provide me your exclusion list, of course only the part regarding to CRM and SQL. Thanks a lot! Regards, Serkan ...

Error Missing File: ieeulp.chm ??? winXP3 IE8 Unninstall Install
Can somone help me Please? This IE8 is driving me nut�s. I realised that I had IE7 and IE8 installed 3 days ago and I had tried to remove IE8 months because I was having all sorts of Problems after Installing IE8! I found I could not because I had already Installed IE8 first? So after Uninstalling �Service Pack 3� as per instruction�s in Widows Support: [How to Uninstall SP3] [ 927177 How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7] Note The steps that are listed in KB 927177 also apply to Internet Explorer 8 Beta 1. Tried to Remove Ie7 from/ Run/ In the Open box, type %windir%\ie7\spuni...

excel problem #6
Is there a patch or upgrade that will allow my excel 97 program to open excel files produced from newer versions of excel? Or should my excel 97 be able to recognize files produced on newer versions of excel? There shouldn't be any problems, the file format is the same. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "vince.kindopp@huskyenergy.ca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e74301c3f04b$ff744810$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a patch or upgrade that will allow my excel 97 > program to open excel files produced from newer versions > of excel? Or...

Help! This is serious!
All of a sudden when I try to open an .xls file, it comes up with a page full of little "y"'s. What is wrong? I have data that I need to recover! I hope you have a backup. And keep your backups safe and offline. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm Check your font in the fontbox Right click on the sheet tab, view code, anything in there? Tools, Autocorrect check the righthand column for y's Does this happen with just one worksheet, the entire workbook, all workbooks, all MS Office programs like Excel and MS Word. Does it happen on ne...

Data Migration from MS CRM to MS CRM?!?
Hi all, I have still the same problem and I still can't find a solution... Situation: - We worked with the sample database "Adventure Works Cycle" - Since Monday we have a new licence key that works only with our company name Questions: 1) How can I change the company name to get the key work? (I think this isn't possible...) Second Possibility: I installed the MS CRM Professional 1.2 (German) again with the right company name. But then the existing database cannot be connected, because it belongs to the Adventure Works Cycle company. 2) How can I connect the dat...

Money 98 Delete symbols from obsolete symbols file #2
My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't search for over 250 symbols. I can not figure out how to empty or permanently eliminate uneeded symbols from this file. Anybody got any ideas? Howard ...

Missing attachement outlook 2003
Hi, We are having problemes once in a while with e-mails we are getting from outside the company. An outside sender sends an e-mail with an .xls attachement to 3 people in our company, the email is 3 Mb with the attachement. When we see the message in outlook 2003 the email is 1kb and has no attachement. The person was asked to send the email again and now we see the email as 3 Mb with an attachement. The problem is when we track the messages they both are 3Mb coming in all the way to de delivery to the recepient inbox. What happened to the attachement in the inbox??? We have a spam filt...

Solver Problems
Hi I have a sheet called AUTOCALC which performs end of day calculations,i copied the whole sheet and pasted it into a new sheet called INTRADAY to do,yes you guessed it,INTRADAY calculations. I have renamed all the sheet references in a new macro from AUTOCALC to INTRADAY and the macro runs ok until it gets to the Solver part.I then get the error message"Solver:An unexpected internal error occurred,or available memory was exhausted".The original macro runs fine and there is plenty of memory available. Below are the original Solver model settings in AUTOCALC: 1.4455 1.0000 FALSE...

Cannot send e-mail by CRM
Hello everyone! I'm facing a problem to send e-mails using CRM. I have my e-mail router configured, everything seems right. I have recorded an e-mail activity but I cannot send it. Any ideas? Thanks! ...