Sending an SMS text message to a phone in CRM 4.0 via workflow

In CRM 3.0, we had a workflow that would send an SMS to a phone upon creation
of a Case.  Somehow, this is no longer working in CRM 4.0; the workflow fires
succesfully with nor errors, but the (short) message is never received.
Possibly because of the non ASCII format of the message CRM 4.0 sends out...?

(To send an SMS, we just create a duplicate user record with the SMS/Phone
address in the e-mail field).

0
Henricus (9)
4/17/2008 4:29:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM 4.0 sample exams
Is there any way to get sample exams? Thanks in advance, Fernando ...

Can I get a picture to flow with the text?
I want a picture box to flow with my text instead of the text flowing around my picture. Please help! Position the image in the text box, right-click the image, click format picture, layout tab, select inline on the drop down. The image has to be fully or partially in the text box for the inline to be active. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lnewhall" <lnewhall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9389F6E0-BB5D-4ADA-8334-39B108192240@microsoft.com... >I want a picture box to flow with my text instead of the text flowing around > my picture. Ple...

text extract
How do i extract a variable length string of text from a longer string? My cell reads "Login LDAP user mapatron at 192.168.1.146 as role student", and would like to extract "mapatron" from this string. this username is variable in length, so using three columns and "=right(X,X)" and "=left(X,X)" doesn't work. any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help. John Supple Hi John any logic WHERE this username is lcated. e.g. always after the string 'LDAP'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "John S" <John S@discu...

No message in outbox

Converting an MFC 6.0 App to .net problem
I have recompiled an existing MFC 6.0 application in VS .net 2003. Now about every 13th time I run it in debug mode I get a "Unhandled exception at 0x7c901230" error. When I run it using the WinDbg program I get: DBGHELP: ntdll.pdb - file not found *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll - DBGHELP: ntdll - export symbols ntdll!DbgBreakPoint: 7c901230 cc int 3 When I run a release version of the application everything runs fine. Any Ideas? Larry The information you posted regarding symbol files is irrelevant to ...

How do I make numbers become text?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost. Please help, and thank you. From earlier postings: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN- US;140704& and: (courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post): If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this, download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found here: http://longre.free.fr/english/ It is downloaded in a zip file which also conta...

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

PowerPoint 2003 to accessible Word 2003 via VBA?
I'd like to extract all content from a Windows PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to PDF conversion. I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline does not include any of the following: - text added on a blank slide layout - text in a text box - tables. - images. Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as tables? Charles Belo...

Automatically convert a Phone Call into Opportunity ?
I have a Phone Call Campaign Activity distributed to a Contact, I have added a customized field (Accept/Unaccept) in the Phone Call. The normal crm operation flow is that the users choose "accepted" in the picklist and then save the Phone Call, after that they need to convert the phone call into Opportunity. However, the user want to bypass the 'step' to click the "Convert to Opportunity" button. What the users required is that when they SAVE the phone call whenever the picklist value is ACCEPT. The system will automatically convert the phone call into op...

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Installing CRM SFO (Sales for Outlook)
Hi all, I know this has been answered before but I can´t find it on the newsgroups or in the knowledge base. What is the fix for installing SFO without the local user having Admin rights. I found the KB arcticle (https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVTQUUXNNZOUKYPPPQSNNPQVXOKWVPZWKNZPWQPQPROKZKMLMMYLZSMKRLWVZOQWZZYTLUUVMQLVTLOKP) on how to do it buy granting admin rights to each of the users individually, but I remember reading somewhere how to fix this problem. Is there a hotfix or somthing? Ideas? David Try this link http://www.microsoft.com...

Sending mail from remote location

CRM 3.0: Clear workflow queue
I am still using CRM 3.0 and wondered if I can clear the workflow queue. On my development system, I have many workflow rules running that do not respond to a request to cancel through the workflow monitor tool. I cannot delete attributes that are included in these running rules. Is there any way to get them to complete or cancel? Thanks, Dan ...

anchor picture to text box
(Publisher 2003) I have a newsletter with a Kudos box. In the corners of the box I have a happy face. I'd like the happy faces to be anchored to their corners so when I enlarge or shorten the box, the faces move along with the text box. Why not create a rectangle, insert the happy faces, group. The problem as I see it would be if you resize, the happy faces could be distorted if you widen or shrink the group. You would always have to re-size proportionally. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

2.0 Threads, Join() and Invoke
Hi, I just want to run several threads at the same time. The code below just hang because - I guess - it can't access the TextBox.Text method. What is wrong with tis code ?! Thanks. Melina. public class Report { public TextBox _log; private List<RptTemplate> _listeTemplate; private List<CIF> _listeCIF; public Report(TextBox logTextBox, List<RptTemplate> listeTemplate, List<CIF> listeCIF) { _log = logTextBox; _listeTemplate = listeTemplate; _listeCIF = lis...

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

Sending messages in Outlook

Logical Test: Text Against Number 12-31-09
Can someone provide some insight into why Excel will always return TRUE when, for example, we have ="a">27 (or any other number) and FALSE when ="a"<27? Text has a higher value than a number. Try this... Enter this data: A1 = a A2 = 1 A3 = b A4 = 2 A5 = c Sort A1:A5 in ascending order and you'll see how Excel orders the text as being a higher value than the numbers. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "rslaughter5" <rslaughter5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80AF82FA-D9F8-48A9-9105-059EB3B7E6F0@microsoft...

CRM 4.0 Workflow question
Anyone, I am trying to create a workflow rule with two custom enties created in CRM 3.0. When I try to fill in the form for create record the form is all greyed, does anyone know why this would be, is it a version issue? Thanks, On Feb 19, 4:29=A0pm, Elisa <El...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone, > > I am trying to create a workflow rule with two custom enties created in C= RM > 3.0. > > When I try to fill in the form for create record the form is all greyed, > does anyone know why this would be, is it a version issue? > > Thanks, Hi Elisa, It...

Text in Cell as Formula #3
Peo + Julie Many thanks for your answer with the last query. I have another similar question; I would like to use values form a different spreadsheet, and this method [INDIRECT()] fails. i.e. I type the link (as text) from a different spreadsheet in a cell in the current spreadsheet and use this method to call a value in a cell. Appreciate your help. ...

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???