Second Attempt : Quote Template for Word (CRM 4.0)

Dear Forum Members:

I have a hosted Microsoft CRM 4.0 application. I am trying to Print a Quote
for my Customer in CRM (from Sales>Opportunities Area) and need a resource
for creating a sample Microsoft Word mail merge template for quotes. I need
either a Sample Quote Template or instructions on how to create one from
scratchin Microsoft Word (with Data Source from CRM).

If you can help, please let me know.

Thanks!

0
Casey (46)
2/26/2009 6:59:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Feb 27, 5:59=A0am, Casey <Ca...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Dear Forum Members:
>
> I have a hosted Microsoft CRM 4.0 application. I am trying to Print a Quo=
te
> for my Customer in CRM (from Sales>Opportunities Area) and need a resourc=
> for creating a sample Microsoft Word mail merge template for quotes. I ne=
ed
> either a Sample Quote Template or instructions on how to create one from
> scratchin Microsoft Word (with Data Source from CRM).
>
> If you can help, please let me know.
>
> Thanks!

This may help:

http://dmcrm.blogspot.com/2008/01/word-mail-merge-one-page-quote-with.html

Leon Tribe
Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

0
leon.tribe (293)

Initialize Second Dialog
Hello: I have a dialog application that I've created, and I can initialize a combo box on this dialog box before it is shown. I also have a menu in this dialog. A selection from this menu opens another dialog box... CMyOtherDialog otherDiag; otherDiag.DoModal(); However, when I try to initialize a combo box in the otherDiag through the constructor, it doesn't work. I can add a button in otherDiag and once the user clicks it, it will populate the combo box, but the constructor doesn't do it. Any ideas? Saul775 "Saul775" <Saul775@discussions.microsof...

Can you print barcode labels using excel or word?
I need to print barcode labels using Word or Excel...preferably Excel. Has any one done that or do I need to buy some other type of software to add onto Word / Excel You will need a barcode font - Google is your friend Lot easier to print labels in Word You can use mail merge to take the data from Excel For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource. 50 min MS tutorial http://office.microso...

2010 Beta: New "Linked Note" Feature Not Working
I have downloaded the 2010 Beta version, but the new function "Linked Notes" (which automatically adds links to the program one is using -- if one uses the "docked" screen view) does not work at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Or know how to remedy it? I am using the 2010 OneNote file format (which is required to use the new feature). David [Note this is a re-post. Subject was incomplete on first post[ djprius wrote: > [Note this is a re-post. Subject was incomplete on first post[ Unnecessary and only disturbing. Rainald On Dec 1...

Creating summary worksheet from template
Thanks in advance for any help on this. I'm using Excel 2003. (I have Access 2003 as well if that would help, make this easy.) I have a simple template that helps employees count the cash in our two cash registers. Simply put in the number of $20's, $10's, rolls of coins etc and you get a total by till. Then the employee imputs the cash amount the register thinks should be there and the result shows if the register is over or under. There's a date/time field (using NOW()) and a drop down box for the employees name. Each time the template is used I want the employee name, ...

"Autosave" changes active worksheet?
Small, but annoying, problem. Using "Autosave" while working on a workbook with sheets 2 & 3 showing. When the Autosave function kicks in it changes one of the displayed sheets (typically "xls.1) to sheet #1 . Is this "just the way it works" or am I missing something? Also, am I correct in assuming that Autosave actually saves the workbook(s) (i.e. overwrites the original) or does it create a backup somewhere? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi RWN I can't answer your question but I find that the...

CRM 4.0 Accelerator Install Problem
Hi All, I'm attemping to install the Event Management CRM Accelerator. When I run msa_eventmanagement.intsall.exe i get the following unhandled exception. Anybody got any ideas as to what is going on here. Thanks, Tony Heres the output.... >msa_eventmanagement.install.exe Event Management Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Installer ************************************************************************** Start Time (UTC): 24/11/2008 10:50:33 Reading Install Configuration Information from XML (register.xml) Enter Password: ********** Creating CRM Connection 0 Duplicate So...

Template for scheduleing office supply purchases
I am looking for a template for scheduling office supply purchases for a small business. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I didn't look, but there are tons of free templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx And you could search google, too. Precast wrote: > > I am looking for a template for scheduling office supply purchases for a > small business. Any suggestions will be appreciated. -- Dave Peterson ...

Complex problem ( "STATIC" class mystery)
Hi, I am developing an application which involves creating a window's child window in another processes. 1. I created a window 'A' in process 'X' 2. I created child window of 'A', named 'B' in process 'Y' 3. I created a child window of 'B', named 'C' in process 'Z'. Everything works fine.. But when the class of window 'C' is "STATIC", clicking on window 'C' causes all the three processes appear hang !! The problem gets solved if I maximize any other window like "explorer" and minimize...

second axis
How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop plotting on top of each other? Please help!! Jon Peltier has instructions for a column chart on two axes: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html carrie in pa wrote: > How can I use bar graphs for three different products with two axes becuase > of two different sets of info for each product and get the graphs to stop > plotting on top of each other? Please help!! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips &...

Insert Documents (Word/PDF) and open them
Dear colleagues, For reporting purposes, I would like to create an Excel file containing Candidates assessments with their CV's. For that, I would like to have a Sheet containing all Candidates' assessments. On the other hand, I would like to insert their CV's into the Excel workbook (another sheet or one sheet for each CV). These are Word and/or PDF docs. What I wold like to have is links between the Assessment sheet and the CV's, so I can click a button or a link in the Assessment sheet and open the corresponding CV. Is that possible? I cannot create hyperlinks to ...

convert number of seconds to date
I have an integer 1060128571 which is the number of seconds since 1/1/1970. The number evaluates to 6/08/2003 10:09:30 So my question is given the start date is always 1970 how do I calculate the end date e.g 6/08/2003 10:09:30. if I divide 1060128571/60/60/24 I can get the number of days etc. If anyone has an easy solutions,please send it on --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Gordon, 1/1/1970 12:00 AM equates to 25569. Divide the number of seconds by 86400 (number of seconds in a day). Subtract that from 25569 and format the cell as m/d/yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM. Ba...

Fiscal year templates in CRM
My Company has a Fiscal Year with 12 periods. Each period varies (5wks,4wks,4wks). The existing FY Templates automatically force dates on me that I cannot change when I edit a user's quota. Is there any way we can create a new Fiscal Year Template? Thanks for you feedback. ...

Rounding Fractions to Nearest 1/16"
I was wondering if there was an easy way to convert the fractions created by the formulas into the nearest 1/16" and then reduce it down to the lowest common denominator. ie: 4/16" to 1/4" I am using version excell 2000. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: =ROUND(A1*16,0)/16 and format the cell with Format/Cells/Number/Custom # ??/?? In article <mystng505.1bggo5@excelforum-nospam.com>, mystng505 <<mystng505.1bggo5@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > I was wondering if there was an easy way to convert th...

CLIPART
Upgrading to XP and 2003 MSOffice Small Business Edition I find that the clipart resource in Publisher is much smaller than in the old MSPublisher 98! I can import all the graphics O.K. from MSP98 but the keywords are lost and consequently sorting visually through 10,000 graphics is not a joke! Any solution? You can use the Clip Gallery in Office 2003. Is it still on your computer? Insert, object, scroll down to Microsoft Clip Gallery. You also can install it from your 98 disk. You can use the Gallery as a standalone. Drag the CAG icon to your desktop and create a shortcut. You cannot ...

css templates
Hi, I am using Frontpage 2002 and working with a css template. I need help on how to remove the backround off all webpages except the index page. Thank you! "lgg" <lgg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D143338-36D3-437D-A494-00AD8FE81379@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I am using Frontpage 2002 and working with a css template. I need help on > how to remove the backround off all webpages except the index page. > Thank you! Can we see the template? Is it a free one or a bought one? If yours is not online can we see the orginal? There ar...

CRM ISV problem
Hi friends... I need ur help... again... How do I obtain the organizationid? with Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizOrganization I do not find this... thanx in advance... if you look at a code example it says you need to get it from the Active Directory OU for your organization idt. For example that might be MSDN Subscriber here is the code snippet // Get the GUID of an OU from Active Directory // that is going to represent the OU for the Microsoft CRM organization object // The name of the OU should be the same as the name of the Microsoft CRM organization // The organization is created...

Query to join records according to "hierarchy"
My table is something like this: Fields: Name; Group John; 1-1 Carl; 1-1 Brian; 1-2 Charles; 2-1 Eddie; 2-2 Carmen; 3-1 Ellen; 3-2 ......and so on What I need is to combine the field Name in group 1-1 to 1-2, 2-2, 3-2. Then 2-1 with 2-2, 3-2. Then 3-1 with 3-2. Is this possible? If so, how can I do it? The results from the query would be something like this: Name A Name B Name C Name D John(1-1) Brian(1-2) Eddie(2-2) Ellen(3-2) Carl(...

Outlook Item Template + blackberry
I have created a template to send information to a company. Some of the recipients are blackberry users. How can I ensure they recieve the mails? Not seeing the colours and images is no problem I just need to convey the information included within the template. Aloha jaytee, Why wouldn't they receive the e-mails? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I have created a template to send information to a company. Some of > the recipients are blackberry users. How can I ensure t...

Pilote CRM 3.0
We have already CRM 1.2 and we want to run CRM 3.0 on the same environnment. Is it possible to have both version working with it before upgrading to version 3.0 It is possible to have 3.0 and 1.2 running in the same environment. They have to be on separate servers - they can share a database server, but not databases. It sounds like you want to do a 'test' upgrade of CRM 1.2 and try out 3.0 before you take your 3.0 environment down. If that is the case, post back and I can provide details. "emeric Thibaud" <emeric Thibaud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

opening a Works 3.0 database spreadsheet saved on disk into excel 97
How can I convert or open a Works 3.0 database spreadsheet (from an older computer which is saved on a floppy disk) and save it into Excel 97 on a different computer? Thanks. ...

How do I add a second y-axis in an xy(Scatter) chart?
I would like to create a xy-scatter chart for a dataset with two different x-axis. I have one set of data, but I need to plot it against two axis, "concentration" and "dilution factor". The dilution (and therefore the concentration) is not linear, so a line chart will display the data "distorted" or "skewed". I tried the tip from bj (9/9/2005 4:44 AM PST, to the question "Line chart or scatter chart??") > there can be two x axis in a scatter chart. > first select one of the data series and <axis> select secondary > next i...

Import failed 3.0
Hello, I try to import some contacts. During the importwizzard everything seems to be fine. If I look in the view of bulkimport- no reccord was importet. Reason: Data in row did not match the import type. I try .txt an .csv for importing without success. Wath is your opinion? Hello, I had this pb yesterday. In fact in the txt or csv file, the parent account cannot be the account name, but the AccountID. The AccountID is an internal number, you can find it in the table dbo_Account. "Gerd Gottschall" wrote: > Hello, I try to import some contacts. During the importwizzard...

converting Minutes & Seconds into seconds
When my time is 10 minutes and 50 seconds how can I convert the time into seconds? Depends upon how the 10 mins 50 secs is entered. I have 00:10:50 in A1 In B1 enter =A1*86400 I have 10:50:00 in A1 In B1 I enter =A1*1440 Format as General.........returns 650 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:46:01 -0800, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When my time is 10 minutes and 50 seconds how can I convert the time into >seconds? ...

GET FREE QUOTES from professional moving companies in your area
GET FREE QUOTES from professional moving companies in your area Licensed & Insurance MC 531644 US DOT 1400507 1. Long Distance Moving -Save on your Move 6 or more movers compete for your move. Sit Back and receive calls from Movers who want to compete for your move. http://www.sunshine-mhs.com [domain info] Sponsored Result 2. Compare Movers - Save Money Get free quotes from movers in your area. Save up to 65% off of regular rates! http://www.linksmoving.com [domain info] Sponsored Result 3. Movers Get free estimate from multipl moving companies at the same time, Licensed and Insured. http...

How can I display hundreths of seconds?
I'm trying to design a speadsheet to display lap times such as 1:26:329 (1 min, 26 secs etc) however I cannot sort the data in order from highest to lowest. I've been inputing the data as 1.26239. This s OK to sort frm Highest to Lowest but when you graph it there is a massiv gap beween 1.59960 (1.59.960) and 2.00765 (2.00.765) and there shouldn't be. I need Excel to recognize hundreths of seconds Please help D The way you're entering the data, you don't have seconds or fractions of seconds at all. You have minutes and (decimal) fractions of minutes. 1.59960, ...