Searching Leads by company name..

I have been assigned as part of my daily job duties to start getting some of
MS CRM issues addressed.  Most of the issues are small, but lead to a company
wide feeling that the tool is not yet living up to its full potential.

I have two questions at this point:

Is there any way to change the default search criteria for when searhing
through "leads" to allow for a user to search the company name?  The default
settings only allow a person to search for a persons name.

Is there any way to transfer the notes from a lead into an account record
when it is converted? As it stands we have to drill down from the new account
record into the original lead record and then review the notes from there.
This makes it hard to make sure we are not missing information without having
to open up every new account record and checking the original lead for notes.

ANY help would be appreciated.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

both these features have been requested for the next release. the search
feature may allow you to search all fields without using advanced find. Also
Microsoft chose not to migrate a leads notes etc on conversion but again
that has been a feature thats been requested for a while. In fact microsoft
even posted a questionnaire about it so expect this to possible change in
the next release.

once option might be to either write or get someone to write a custom lead
conversion tool

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Mike in Kansas City" <Mike in Kansas City@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:27FB200C-3B46-4627-985F-46C432527458@microsoft.com...
> I have been assigned as part of my daily job duties to start getting some
of
> MS CRM issues addressed.  Most of the issues are small, but lead to a
company
> wide feeling that the tool is not yet living up to its full potential.
>
> I have two questions at this point:
>
> Is there any way to change the default search criteria for when searhing
> through "leads" to allow for a user to search the company name?  The
default
> settings only allow a person to search for a persons name.
>
> Is there any way to transfer the notes from a lead into an account record
> when it is converted? As it stands we have to drill down from the new
account
> record into the original lead record and then review the notes from there.
> This makes it hard to make sure we are not missing information without
having
> to open up every new account record and checking the original lead for
notes.

> ANY help would be appreciated.

0
John
6/16/2005 4:46:02 AM
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:41:12 -0700, "Mike in Kansas City" <Mike in
Kansas City@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there any way to change the default search criteria for when searhing
>through "leads" to allow for a user to search the company name?  The default
>settings only allow a person to search for a persons name.

No! We have created a facility to do this but out of the box the only
option is by name only (and then hope for the best but random choice
when you find more than one John Doe in the list). So you have got to
either write your own user interface, wait for version 3 or use
something else.

>Is there any way to transfer the notes from a lead into an account record
>when it is converted? As it stands we have to drill down from the new account
>record into the original lead record and then review the notes from there.
>This makes it hard to make sure we are not missing information without having
>to open up every new account record and checking the original lead for notes.

Cut and paste is your only option here (or again write your own user
interface)

0
JB
6/16/2005 8:51:24 AM
For "leads" there is a advanced search or you can modify Leads Default View
in alfabetically order

For "notes" it seems a bug. I haven't any idea.

"Mike in Kansas City" wrote:

> I have been assigned as part of my daily job duties to start getting some of
> MS CRM issues addressed.  Most of the issues are small, but lead to a company
> wide feeling that the tool is not yet living up to its full potential.
>
> I have two questions at this point:
>
> Is there any way to change the default search criteria for when searhing
> through "leads" to allow for a user to search the company name?  The default
> settings only allow a person to search for a persons name.
>
> Is there any way to transfer the notes from a lead into an account record
> when it is converted? As it stands we have to drill down from the new account
> record into the original lead record and then review the notes from there.
> This makes it hard to make sure we are not missing information without having
> to open up every new account record and checking the original lead for notes.
>
> ANY help would be appreciated.

You can purchase the c360 search pack - comes in very handy.  check out their
site - there are lots of demos out there...www.c360.com

"Mike in Kansas City" wrote:

> I have been assigned as part of my daily job duties to start getting some of
> MS CRM issues addressed.  Most of the issues are small, but lead to a company
> wide feeling that the tool is not yet living up to its full potential.
>
> I have two questions at this point:
>
> Is there any way to change the default search criteria for when searhing
> through "leads" to allow for a user to search the company name?  The default
> settings only allow a person to search for a persons name.
>
> Is there any way to transfer the notes from a lead into an account record
> when it is converted? As it stands we have to drill down from the new account
> record into the original lead record and then review the notes from there.
> This makes it hard to make sure we are not missing information without having
> to open up every new account record and checking the original lead for notes.
>
> ANY help would be appreciated.

getting a column name
please help me with this one ok? lets say i have two columns. in the first raw i have the names: a1= daniel a2=bill the next two rows are numbers b1=10 b2=20 c1=20 c2=40 what i need to do is to know who got the 20 in the previous row. so the cell c3 will be "bill" because in the "b" row bill got "20" a in the "c1" cell. it looks like that ----3-----2-----1---- ----------Bill---Daniel--a ----------20----10-----b ---bill----40-----20----c please help asa -- mordo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mordor's Profil...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Max length of variable name?
Hi, Sorry if this appears twice, could not tell if first posted. What is the maximun length of a varaible name? x=1 not problem, but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=2 this is too long, yes? How long can it be? Thanks, -- David On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:49:01 -0700, David <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Sorry if this appears twice, could not tell if first posted. > >What is the maximun length of a varaible name? > >x=1 not problem, but >xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=2 this is too long, yes? How long can it be? > &...

VNC on LAN by name?
I need to do a VNC connection to a computer on the LAN. It seems that VNC progs need an IP address. Is there any way to do the connection using the name of the computer? -- Dirk http://www.transcendence.me.uk/ - Transcendence UK http://www.theconsensus.org/ - A UK political party http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onetribe - Occult Talk Show In news:7v2h84FsfgU1@mid.individual.net, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <dirk.bruere@gmail.com> typed: > I need to do a VNC connection to a computer on the LAN. > It seems that VNC progs need an IP address. > Is there any way to do the ...

Path Name
I need to have the path name of the file in the footer. I have followed the instructions from the website (which work), but these instructions require the user to save the file first, which is not what I want to do. Also, I want to be able to open up a file that I didn't create and have the path name automatically show up. Thank you. Hi you need to save the file first - otherwise which path should be shown? And if you don't havel Excel 2002+ this requires VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany kbutler@gma-cpa.com wrote: > I need to have the path name of the file...

Search engine optimization

selecting gp company within crystal at run-time
I'm using GPv8 and Crystal 10(?). I have a report in Crystal that I want to be able to run against any of our multiple company databases in GP. For example, I want one of the parameters the user would enter to be "Select Company". How can I do this? Right now I have multiple versions of the report saved, with each pointing to a different SQL Server Database. Thanks, Rob Post your email address and I will send you a sample code which will let you process data from a selected company. I had to do it for myself to create a Consolidated Historical Trial Balance Report...

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

Change the Range of a Name
Is There a possibility, to change the Range of a name-dependent of the value of a Variable(perhaps Startrow rsp. Endrow)-with with a VBA-statement? Thank you for a good hint! dim Startrow as long dim endrow as long with activesheet .range(.cells(startrow,"B"),.cells(endrow,"c")).name = "myName" end with if myName already exists, this'll reassign it. If it didn't exist, it'll get created. (Did I misunderstand the question?) "H�lzl Otto" wrote: > > Is There a possibility, to change the Range of a name-dependent of the value &g...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Named Cell Ranges #4
I have a number of workbooks (B) that, through various formulae, look at another workbook (A) for salary information. I've added some rows to a named range in (A) and as a result the formulae in (B) now throw up errors. Is there an easy way to fix this and how do I avoid the problem in future? Thanks for any help. Please ignore this!!! It's a repeat!! "Blackcat" wrote: > I have a number of workbooks (B) that, through various formulae, look at > another workbook (A) for salary information. > > I've added some rows to a named range in (A) and as a re...

Workbook name as variable to another workbook
Hi, Can you save a specific workbook name as a variable, to be used in a different macro? i need the variable to be saved and available to return to the specific workbook open if i have a lot of books open to complete the task. Regards, nigel Option Explicit Dim myWkbkName As String Sub runmefirst() myWkbkName = ThisWorkbook.Name End Sub Sub runmesecond() MsgBox myWkbkName End Sub If you execute runmefirst first, then runmesecond, you'll see that myWkbkname is available in the second. If you need to put the routines in different modules, declare myWkbkName as Public: Publ...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

Companies sharing report dictionary
We have 3 total companies set up in our Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 application Company1 Company2 Fabrikam When company1 was first setup there were a handful of customizations developed (modified forms/reports). The issue is, after installing company2 all of those customizations that were done for company1 are also in company2 (and fabrikam) My question is, how do I separate these? I want company2 to have its own reports dictionary completely as there are modifications needed for it as well (different logo's...etc) Is there an easy way to achieve this? Also, when i change a modified ...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

Merging Two Columns Containing Names
Hi all, I need to merge two columns (first name and last mane), how can I do this? Example: abc def abc def abc def abc def abc def Thanks, Steve, Assuming you have your first names in col A and last names in col place this formula in col C and copy down as far as you need it: =A1&" "&B -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > =A1&" "&B1 Perhaps just wrap a TRIM() around the above to clean up any stray leading / trailing spaces in the inputs in cols A and B : =TRIM(A1&" "&B1) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please r...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

Account not selected when coverting leads
There are 3 options to chose when converting a lead - account, contact and opportunity. If you do not select the account, can you do so at another time? Is there any way to create the account after converting if it was not selected? The Opportunity has to be linked to a particular account as it is a required field in Opportunity. The best thing to do is to create a default account and call it "None" or anything you like and get the users to set the opportunities that has no accounts when creating the opportunities to it as a temp account then insert the correct info in the...