scanning handwriten document into editable digital document

Just like voicve recognition software that converts voice
text into editable digital document, searching for
software that will do some akin, but instead of being
voice data its handwritten document to be scanned into
editable text document.

Juan E. Jimenez
itsi@prtc.net
San Juan, Puerto Rico
0
Juan
12/26/2003 7:36:39 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Rotating scanned images
My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How can I rotate this small amount? Publisher won't let me rotate this small degree. You didn't state which version so I'll tell you how to do it with Pub 2003. Select the picture, right-click - Format Picture. Click the Size tab. Under Size and Rotation, adjust the rotation. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dena Davis" <Dena Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C134656-88FB-4D91-8372-9B6F2BAF51B2@microsoft.com... > My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How ca...

Edit Excel Comments
When I right-click and select Edit Comment, the comment sometimes appears to open elsewhere on the screen AND, often, I have to resize it to get to where I can add more comments. Then I have to travel (scroll, mouse click, etc.) back to the original cell to continue working with the worksheet. Are these two features just a reality when working with comments in Excel? Hi AFAIK no way to change this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Piddilin wrote: > When I right-click and select Edit Comment, the comment sometimes > appears to open elsewhere on the screen AND, often, I have t...

Scan over an item/Highlight when an item does not scan
I have issues with cashiers inadvertently scanning over items or missing an item that sounds like it scans but does not. Are there any fixes out there that would prevent an item from being scanned over and/or a sound or some type of highlight that would flag an unscanned item? Thanks, Carol There are Windows system sounds associated with those events that you can customize, but you have to put a speaker on your PC to take advantage of it. I just did this recently on someone's advice here (Haik, I think). I picked up a set of speakers for about $20. Marc "Lola & Penelop...

how to send documents from document imaging to word?
I would like to scan a document into Word to use as template. I scan it into Document Imaging, run OCR and then in tools I select "send to word". it goes to Word, but the scale of the document is too big and can't be used. What settings am I missing so that document looks the same as it does in Document Imaging. ...

desktop and my documents (folder redirection)
Hello, I have win2k3 with pgo and i have configured one pc (Win XP) with folder redirection (desktop et my documents). I haven't connected to my network for 1 week and i have a problem in disk with this pc (WinXP) but i can access to disk data. The problem is i can't find my data in my desktop and in my documents. can you help me where can i find my data in my desktop and my documents? Thank you. ...

Full bleed formatting document
How can I shrink the margins on a document already created in Publisher? I would like to create one version of the document formated for a full bleed print and one with a smaller margin than already exists. How can I do this? No full bleed printer connected my computer. Create a bleed for your publication http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP051236331033.aspx?pid=CH010001571033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MarySue" <MarySue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A18253E-A5...

Edit Box Display Control
I have a dialog-based app, and I want to have a read-only edit box to display changing output(when the user hits a button, the displayed numbers change in the edit box). Can I change the background color of the edit box, or should i just draw a rectangle and write text to it to control the background? Thanks, Matt Just change the readonly style of the editbox. Take a look at the CEdit::SetReadOnly() method. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0312281100.2574e9ef@posting.goo...

Safety Scan
XP,Home Edition,SP3 Have tried on and off for a couple of mos to download the safety scan.. Tried both safe and normal mode and still get the error code > 0x08600807...Was recommended by MS Support Services..Would call them back > but they refer me elsewhere and I play ring around the the rosy or is it > posey??Thank you..Nick Back-up any personal data [1] (none of which should be considered 100% trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix this! HOW TO d...

Turn on Edit option in Combo Box
How do you turn on the Edit option in a Combo Box in Excel 2000? I have no problem entering the drop-down part, but cannot get it to allow editing. Please help. Pam Williams Pam What kind of combobox? Forms toolbar, Control Toolbox, or Data Validation. What do you mean by editing? Do you want to edit an entry on the list, add a new entry to the list, or just be able to type in a value that's not on the list? -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "Pam at Greer" <Pam at Greer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

upload a document with photos?
I am trying to attach a word document that has three photos in it. It is only one page but it is taking 3-4 minutes to download. I need to do this a lot faster, is there a way to speed up the download of the document? 1. Zip the document to make the file smaller. 2. Use a graphics program (such as www.irfanview.com) to crop and reduce the resolution of the pictures so they contain fewer bytes, before inserting them into the document. 3. Pay more to get a faster internet connection. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be ...

Editing timesheet after it's submitted
I have a question that I would think many customers would have run into concerning time cards in Business Portal. Once the time card is submitted, there are cases where the time card is rejected, but the employee won't be back in the office before the next payroll run. Is there a way to allow a supervisor to correct and submit a time card once it's been submitted and rejected? I know that time cards can be initially created by a manager on behalf of an employee, but once the timecard goes into workflow, it seems to be prettty much stuck there. Thanks! ...

edit this =COUNTIF(A1:F16,"*1-2*")+COUNTIF(A1:F16,"*2-1*")
When I try to edit this =COUNTIF(A1:F16,"*1-2*")+COUNTIF(A1:F16,"*2-1*") I change the A1 to A2 and hit enter it quits functioning as a formula and it fills the cell with text and numbers. I can edit it one time and it will work. If I edit it twice I get the text and numbers =COUNTIF(A1:F16,"*2-1*")+COUNTIF(A1:F16,"*1-2*") One thing I did notice is that when I typed the formula in and hit enter the number that showed up in the cell was aligned right and when I edited it the first time and hit enter the number aligned left. 1-10 9-2 3-8 4-7 5-6 4-3 10-8...

Excel Chart Data Range editing
Two questions really, all to do with this arduous Chart Range Edit Box. 1. Is there anyway to copy chart range sets so I can just take one line, duplicate it two more times and then change the column names to reflect the new columns data? My charts are X-Y's with X data from Column B or C, and then Y column(s) can be anything, AA, BA, etc. so this drag and grab, one box, method does not work. I used to be able to ADD a new set, then use Copy,Paste for each line (title,X,Y) but copy, paste does not work anymore. 2. Is there any way to turn off this annoying cursor arrow problem ...

New App Finally Permits Editing of Modified Dates
I finally found something I've been looking for for a long time so figured I'd share it. If you've ever had Outlook fail to archive because it had moved messages' Modified Dates forward making them ineligible for the cutoff you specified, you'll want to take a look at ArchiveAssist for Outlook. This app lets you edit the Modified Date of messages to any date you want (you can select the Received Date, the Sent Date, or you can specify any date), and you have complete control over the process by which you decide which messages to include for modification. The progra...

Scanning
How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan and prefix but how do i do this. any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan > and prefix but how do i do this. > > any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter...

editing the registry
Hi I have a problem , a corrupt entry in the registry. I think I may have to edit the registry (for the first time). I know how to do it, and which entries to delete. My question..... Before I do so, I can back up the registry, or I can create a restore point, or I could do both ! Which is simpler ? Thanks all KK Create a restore point or before deleting entries save them as reg files so you can reimport them if something goes bad. "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:#A$TGKS7KHA.2220@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx....

Import from scanned page into excel
I have been asked to take a printed document that contains a list o phone numbers, scan it, and import the list into excel. What is th easiest way to do this? Thanks, ena -- ena ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2865 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55745 I'd use my scanner and scan it to a Text file. Then use File|Open inside excel to import the data. But there are some scanners that come with software that should import directl...

Putting an XML document in a TreeView.
I would like to put an XML document into a Windows TreeView. I have started with XmlTextReader and seem to get stuck with all of the different Read/Move commands available. I was wondering if someone else has already gone through the pain of descending through an XML document either printing or adding the attribute and element values and names to a TreeView? It would just save me some time as I will have to do some trial and error to get it to work. Thank you. Kevin Hello! Maybe you could use XmlDocument, it should be easy to convert from one tree-like structure to another. (You'...

FP 2000 editing problem in normal view
Sorry if this is a dup. but have searched and searched. I have built a 3 page website which is published and just fine except now I want to edit one of the pages Home/Text/Contributors When from the navigation bar I go to Text only part of the page is visible in normal view, so I can not edit it. the Home page is fine and the contributor page is fine just the 2nd page or text page won't show all of the info. It shows up in html view and in preview view. Any ideas on what the problem is? Please give a link to the page - it is impossible to say what is w...

Scan on Document Imager Office 2007, preview shows, scan doesnt
When I attempt to scan a document in the Document Imager, my scanner shows up, I select it. I click on "preview" and the document can be seen, then, I click on scan....nothing shows up. Help ...

Can't edit Publisher 97 files in Publisher 2002
Is there a way to edit older Publisher files in Publisher 2002. Did in stall the WordArt patch and the files open correctly, but will not let me edit. Could I install my old Publisher 97 on my computer to complete the tasks I need to do, until I figure how to do this on Publisher 2002? Thanks for helping! You should be able to edit them. I edit my old 97 documents. Are the files on your hard drive? Have you checked to make sure they are not read only? Publisher 97 will run well on your system. Install it to a separate folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www...

Show word and Excel document in IE
Hi, I do have a requirement to show the office documents in IE browser instead of opening the instance of the application. any advice would be appreciated thanks Right click on the document and select Open With>>IE "Akbar Jiwani" <ajiwani@uabmc.edu> wrote in message news:4BA758D6.E1A7.00ED.0@uabmc.edu... > Hi, > I do have a requirement to show the office documents in IE browser instead > of opening the instance of the application. any advice would be > appreciated > > thanks > > > ...

Lost word document 04-08-10
I opened a word document from an email, worked on it then clicked save (not save as) now I can't find it anywhere. When I re-open the file in the email it is the original document without any of the changes. Would it have been temporarily saved on my computer somewhere? See http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm for instructions to recover attachment files, hopefuly ;-) Hope this helps DeanH "aef84" wrote: > I opened a word document from an email, worked on it then clicked save (not > save as) now I can't find it anywhere. When I re-open the...

Document Locked Read Only
When I purchased my new laptop it came with a trial verison of Office 2003. That version expired on the 1st, so I insalled my copy of Office 2000. I opened a document I was working on, but then it crashed. Now when I open the document it says that the document is locked for editing and is now read only. Can anyone help me with fixing this problem? Much appreciated, Thanks By the way, I didn't uninstall the Office 2003 version in case I wanted to purchase it later. Maybe I should have. Either way shouldn't it still work? I think that xl2003 is a red herring. Debra Dalgleish ...

How do I save a Publisher document as my desktop picture?
I have created a simple Publisher document that is a reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save this document so it shows as my desktop background picture? Thank you, Randy. Randy95 wrote: > I have created a simple Publisher document that is a > reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as > there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save > this document so it shows as my desktop background > picture? Thank you, Randy. =========================================== If you...