Scalability and Performance Baseline

Hi Folks,

I just wonder if anyone of you had issues on Performance if you have
the following databases sizes:

Product Catalog - 15,000 records or more
Accounts and Contacts - 1,500 records

We all know that all these records will be replicated offline but my
concern is that how long will it take for these records to be
replicated to the local client CRM database? My users are concern
about the time they have to wait.

Another thing is the timeout if these replication will take longer
that expected, is there any default time out settings for the
replication?

Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Danny Condecido
Singapore
0
hny808
11/1/2004 4:03:27 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have a client with almost 2 million accounts in the system, but we have
replication turned off.  Performance is good.

"Danny" <hny808@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
>
> I just wonder if anyone of you had issues on Performance if you have
> the following databases sizes:
>
> Product Catalog - 15,000 records or more
> Accounts and Contacts - 1,500 records
>
> We all know that all these records will be replicated offline but my
> concern is that how long will it take for these records to be
> replicated to the local client CRM database? My users are concern
> about the time they have to wait.
>
> Another thing is the timeout if these replication will take longer
> that expected, is there any default time out settings for the
> replication?
>
> Your feedback is very much appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Danny Condecido
> Singapore

0
Jake
11/1/2004 4:18:07 AM
Hi Jake,

Thanks for sharing. When you disable Replication then you can't use
the SFOC offline feature.  I am actually looking at how the offline
feature can handle huge number of records and how long does the user
have to wait for it to fully synchronize.

Cheers,

Danny

"Jake Horn" <jhorn_remove_@order4chaos_nospam.com> wrote in message news:<#QNT7j8vEHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> I have a client with almost 2 million accounts in the system, but we have
> replication turned off.  Performance is good.
>

> "Danny" <hny808@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I just wonder if anyone of you had issues on Performance if you have
> > the following databases sizes:
> >
> > Product Catalog - 15,000 records or more
> > Accounts and Contacts - 1,500 records
> >
> > We all know that all these records will be replicated offline but my
> > concern is that how long will it take for these records to be
> > replicated to the local client CRM database? My users are concern
> > about the time they have to wait.
> >
> > Another thing is the timeout if these replication will take longer
> > that expected, is there any default time out settings for the
> > replication?
> >
> > Your feedback is very much appreciated.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Danny Condecido
> > Singapore
0
hny808
11/2/2004 1:38:54 AM
Hi Danny

I don't have enough experience with SFO to give you much of an answer. But I
would say the initial synchronisation for clients could take a considerable
amount of time, an hour perhaps?? But you should expert further
synchronisations to be much faster.

If a record hasn't changed it will obviously not need to synchronise. So
although you have 15,000 product records I'm guessing these records aren't
updated on the whole? And 1500 contacts/accounts doesn't sound very high.

You should ensure you have installed this update as it will improve the
synchronisation performance.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873262

Help that is of some use.

Regards

Dan

"Danny" wrote:

> Hi Jake,
>
> Thanks for sharing. When you disable Replication then you can't use
> the SFOC offline feature.  I am actually looking at how the offline
> feature can handle huge number of records and how long does the user
> have to wait for it to fully synchronize.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Danny
>

> "Jake Horn" <jhorn_remove_@order4chaos_nospam.com> wrote in message news:<#QNT7j8vEHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> > I have a client with almost 2 million accounts in the system, but we have
> > replication turned off.  Performance is good.
> >

> > "Danny" <hny808@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Folks,
> > >
> > > I just wonder if anyone of you had issues on Performance if you have
> > > the following databases sizes:
> > >
> > > Product Catalog - 15,000 records or more
> > > Accounts and Contacts - 1,500 records
> > >
> > > We all know that all these records will be replicated offline but my
> > > concern is that how long will it take for these records to be
> > > replicated to the local client CRM database? My users are concern
> > > about the time they have to wait.
> > >
> > > Another thing is the timeout if these replication will take longer
> > > that expected, is there any default time out settings for the
> > > replication?
> > >
> > > Your feedback is very much appreciated.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Danny Condecido
> > > Singapore

Scalability?
So what kind of scalability issues are you seeing with MSCRM 4? How many concurrent users have you seen on one platform? Looking for heads-down, heavy usage Sales Force Automation type usage - how many sales reps have you guys seen get on a beefy MSCRM implementation doing smile-and-dial all day? Dear Mark, I have heard about the implementation of more than 5000 users and hundreds in concurent way using this. happy to use ms crm. More case studies are coming with implementation, it all depends on other. Also Ms CRM 4.0 live , hosted version increasing day by day. You can check this fro...

Form performance
Hello All Does the number of buttons on a form affect its opening speed? I have a form that takes 30-40 seconds to load - but only the first time it's loaded: after closing the form, it can be re-opened very quickly! Why the difference? Final question: is it possible to copy buttons from one control to another - ideally more than one at a time - in a way such that their OnClick events come with them? The form is based on a simple query that opens almost instantly. The form did have 6 subforms, about 200 buttons (almost all of which were to open reports) and about 10...

RMS
Hi... I'm an RMS newbie so forgive the question.... I have a client who is looking for a front/backoffice retail solution... They have 2 Wholesale warehouses (4/5 tills each)... and about 25 retail shops (2 tills each)... HQ for the company is attached to one of the warehouses... all shops are linked by WAN... each shop has a back office server... They have about 150000 product lines, and my question is... is RMS up to this scale of business? We will engage an RMS partner at the appropriate point... but before we start I'd be very grateful if some of you experienced people ca...

money 2003 performance #2
I recently upgraded from money 2001 deluxe to money 2003. Money 2003 runs slowwwwwwwww compared to money 2001, particularly in the scheduled bill and deposits section. Is there anything I should know? THANKS Does the sample file appear to respond at normal speed? Assuming so, you might want to consider archiving old years to slim down your file. Delete closed accounts. Failing that, Microsoft KB 274584 Minimum processor for 2003 is Pentium 166 - 300+ MHz recommended >-----Original Message----- >I recently upgraded from money 2001 deluxe to money 2003. >Money 2003 runs slo...

Performing an html mailshot
Hi I need to send html newsletter to staff on a regular basis using outlook automation via vba. I want to know if there are any guidelines to create the newsletter and the way the code handles the newsletter. In particular I need to know; 1. How are images handled in newsletter? Are they coded with absolute path or relative i.e. C:\folder1\folder2\....\myimage.jpg or without the path and are simply saved in same folder as the html? or is it better to upload images to web site and give a reference to them in newsletter so no images accompany the newsletter for maximum compatibility wit...

Scalable calendar template ?
how to find and use a 'scalable' monthly or two monthly calendar that I can fit into a template which is approx 5.25 inch x 4.5 inches (13.2 x 11.4 cm) thanks Frank -- ========= Frank, If you open Publisher, you will find on the left hand side of your Publisher window, the "Object" toolbar. On this toolbar is a button that opens the "Design Gallery". This can also be accessed through the Insert > Design Gallery Object menu. When the Design Gallery opens, go to the "Calendar" listing in the categories and choose your calendar theme. You can ...

How do I speed up performance?
Money is taking forever to open... and use. I have tried archiving, but that doesn't seem to help, and it doesn't make the MNY datafile any smaller. My MNY datafile is 20MB. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks, Mike Mine's 64MB. Buy the fastest computer you can and learn to live with the fact that Money will be the slowest application you run on it. BTW, what version? There are some version specific features that can be maimed. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8116C0A-3F71-4A03-80...

Improving Performance of BCP/Bulk Inserts Disabling Auto Update St
I have a database that has many (thousands) of files BCP'd into it each day. Of course with this many rows coming in on multiple threads, there are many UPDATE STATS statements running and each block each other. I know to improve loading performance I can turn off the update stats, but I have to ensure the primary key of the loaded table is not violated. So my question is can I turn off the auto update stats? And will this adversely affect SQL Server checking to ensure the primary key constraint has no duplicates coming in? Thanx for any and all help.... -- Jeff Carri...

Scalability question
I have a website (WebsiteA) ASP.NET (VB) and its webservice (WsAddNewTransaction) hosted on a shared server at www.serverintellect.com. SQL 2005 backend database there too. I have another website (WebsiteB) hosted there as well which I have been using to test the webservice buy consuming WsAddNewTransaction. I created an aspx page with a loop to consume the webservice 100 times: '---------------------------------------------------------------- Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load Dim strText As String = &q...

Why does an ACL change on a dir/file perform a full backup?
I have a server that's has 1 drive fully protected and uses DFRS to replicate to other sites, recently we made some ACL changes on a lot of data, and DFRS just pushes the ACL changed with very little data transferred over the wire, but DPM counts it as a full file change and filled up the recovery point volume. Is that expected? It would seem that an ACL change could be stored is a much smaller format then the full file being backed up, if something like DFRS can do it. Changing ACLs of the files/directories alone should not trigger the entire file transfer....

Scalability and General Question for you guys
Hello. I have a strange request… I am not looking for any one answer in particular, but perhaps your opinion on how to deal with the following situation… and may be how your company dealt with the following: The company I work for has grown very rapidly, almost to quick. We went from about 350 employees to over 1500 in 3 years. During this growth there was a need by our business units to track or analyze data, and of course no budget to do so. So they went and created their own MS Access databases with no input from the IT department. They have now created over 100 business critic...

task performance
outlook 07 calendar and task is/was performing slowly. after turning off calendar chaching the permormance for the calendar is more reasonable. what can be done to speedup task? -- 2gb ram 1.8 ghz Core2Duo Outlook 2007 XP Pro ...

how can I perform a math funcion in word
Just want to know how can I perform a math function within a letter, vis a vis, the letter tells you you owe x amount but with a 50% discount you would pay X amount You can use formula fields to perform (simple) calculations. For example, { = 0,5*100 } would display 50. To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9; then type the code. Use F9 to update all fields in the selection. If you want to show/hide all field codes in a document, use Alt+F9. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Edwin (Borinquen)" <Edwin (Borinquen)@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How do I perform Exch 2003 Disaster Recovery drill?
Hi All, I would like to perfom a disaster recovery drill for my Exchange 2003 environment, and would appreciate some suggestion on doing it correctly. I would like to test the capability of restoring the Exchange to new server with completely different hardware specs than the old (original) one. Here's is my idea: 1. Install one server, promote it to DC/GC in the production domain. 2. Disconnect this DC from the production network, put it into private network. 3. In this private network, install Windows 2003 with the same version, hotfixes, and service packs. 4. Use the same NET...

You don't have appropiate permission to perform this operation
Help Needed! When I click on "send/receive" I get "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation". I am using MS Office 2K3 and WinXP. I deleted all profiles after saving outlook.pst file. I have created a new profile. Has anybody experienced this issue before? If so, please share your resolution with me. Any/All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance. Blair I have the same problem after having to manually complete many of the steps associated with migrating from one laptop to another. (The IBM migration assistant doesn't know...

Making a Scalable Image on a DialogBox Options ???
Does anyone know how to make a scalable image on a DialogBox? I am currently using a static Picture Control, can this be adapted to become scalable to the size of the DialogBox? Maybe one of these will help you out: http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/picturewindow.asp?df=100&forumid=163&exp=0&select=130606 http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp?df=100&forumid=4056&exp=0&select=312699 Tom "PeteOlcott" <PeteOlcott@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186681167.452953.316290@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone know how to make a scala...

Paging Size set up for sql 2005 best performance
erver windows 2003 sp1. 64 bits, Paging file size for selected drive C is (custom selected) Initial 2046 MB, and maximum 4092 MB. It is currently allocated 4081 MB. Computer RAM memory is 8GB. Server functions as a database MS SQL 2005 server, and it is used under heavy insert database operations The problem is that it can be seen on windows task manager there is on PF usage and Page File Usage hHstory around 8.2 GB paging file size not 4081 GB as it is given on virtual memory page set up. DoleBludger (DoleBludger@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > erver windows 200...

Performance Graph in Monthly Reports
I only use Money 2006 to track my investments and have set up a file to include one account which contains a certain type of investment. All investments in that account have now been sold. Why is it that when I go to monthly reports, under 'Performance of Your Investments", it registers a percentage reading and underneath it says "This year investments in your account have outperformed all other investment accounts..." Most of the investments have been completely sold for several years although one was last sold late last year? I have checked previous monthly repor...

Printed scalable graphs
I have created an xy scatter graph that draws a rectangular shape. The rectangle is rotated based on an input angle which varies. (0<angle<=90). It appears to be rotating correctly, but as it does, there is some distortion so that the rectangle becomes a parallelogram. Is there any way to correct that? there's a newsgroup devoted to graphing. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.charting If you don't get a reply, you may want to visit there. There's less traffic there and those charting experts may see your question (instead of having it buried in thi...

Performance CDF and MS CRM?
Hi All, I am about to try out the MS CRM CDF tool and am looking at loading about 829,626 records into the contact & lead tables -> not sure what the exact split will be yet and about 256,787 records into the company table. How long will it take to run all this through the CDF tool and get this loaded into MS CRM and then how is the performance of MS CRM with this amount of data in it? I'll also be loading maybe another 100,000 records at a later date. Can I use the CDF again for this import even though I'll have a lot of exsting data I want left alone. Thanks, Jerry R...

Exc 2003 Performance
We occasionally have intermittent issues - mostly temp performance hits which users see in Outlook. A lot of our users have big mailboxes and the limits are very high. The admin/general/everybody mailstore limit is 800 MB and the executives have no limits which results in several users with 2 to 5 GB mailboxes. I know I know...it's crazy but I inherited this. Anyway I've calculated the usage of or storage groups mailstores and have an idea about improving performance. My first storage group is comprised of the following mail stores - and we are running Exc 2003 Enterprise in 2-no...

The performance of Editplus is much better than notepad,Why?
I found editplus's performance is much better than notepad.Editplus uses only 2--2.5M memory whereas notepad uses more than 4M.Why? I'm writing a small application managing my diary which costs more than 3M memory when just opening it wihout opening any diary file,like notepad. Why editplus costs so less memory?And why notepad costs so much? As notepad is implemented with the richedit control?And editplus implemented with other? Read my essay "How big is my program?" Generally, numbers like this cannot be trusted anyway, and trivial differences like 1.5MB are "in ...

SQL Server 2008
Hello, I have just completed a migration from SQL Server 2000 to 2008 and am in the process of applying the finishing touches on the SQL 2008 server. I am currently creating Alerts and was looking for recommendations on what performance alerts to add. I have added a few obvious ones like Deadlocks = 1 and errors/sec > 0 and as I am new to SQL Server 2008 I was wondering what other counters people alert on regularly. I did some quick Googling but couldn't find any satisfactory articles. Some quick specs on my system, the database is primarily a back-end for our ...

How to respond to a job performance review?
Well being an employee i always concern for my appraisals after all i work dedicated for it through the year but how to manage the things when your job appraisal is been reviewed juts like this step i really find very good )- Remember that everyone has areas that could be improved upon mentioned in http://www.tictacdo.com/ttd//How_to_respond_to_a_job_performance_review i am looking forward for your thoughts? ...

Slow performance
Any time I want to void the transaction on version 2.00 It takes too long to find the transaction. It takes more than 2 minutes. (tab F11 void a transaction) Is there Any solution to spped up. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-736-1677 vendaliajat@yahoo.com Harjit, We had a problem that appears to be similar to yours. We are also a market and have many transactions per store per day. It seems that with a large number of transactions in the database the recall to void a transaction becomes very slow. The...