SBS Site Problems w/ CRM

After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, we have major problems with our SBS 
websites.

1) CRM is setup to use the IP address of the server and this site runs fine.
2) Upgrading knocked out our "companyweb" site installed by SBS ("service 
unavailable")
3) SQL Reporting doesn't work because it's trying to use the default address 
which is already used by CRM, RWW, companyweb, etc.

I'm really confused about how to sort out all the websites.  How can all 
these sites run on one IP address?

So much for MS making this install nice and trouble free for SBS users!

-- 
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
http://www.presentationsdirect.com 


0
Brandon
5/3/2006 1:22:11 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

8 Replies
505 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

Brandon: First, let's verify that all of your websites are still there, that 
you didn't lose any data. If you open IIS, under Web Sites do you still have 
the following?:
-Default Web Site
-Microsoft SharePoint Administration
-companyweb
-Microsoft CRM v3.0

Or is CRM installed into your default web site? If not, open the properties 
pane for the CRM website and see what ports it is using. If you are using one 
IP address for multiple websites there are basically two ways to distinguish 
them in IIS: you can use different ports or you can assign host headers and 
then put an entry in your DNS for the host header. By default a new 
installation of CRM 3 will use port 5555 and an upgrade will use the port or 
host header you were using previously.


-- 
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Brandon" wrote:

> After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, we have major problems with our SBS 
> websites.
> 
> 1) CRM is setup to use the IP address of the server and this site runs fine.
> 2) Upgrading knocked out our "companyweb" site installed by SBS ("service 
> unavailable")
> 3) SQL Reporting doesn't work because it's trying to use the default address 
> which is already used by CRM, RWW, companyweb, etc.
> 
> I'm really confused about how to sort out all the websites.  How can all 
> these sites run on one IP address?
> 
> So much for MS making this install nice and trouble free for SBS users!
> 
> -- 
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
5/3/2006 1:37:01 PM
Yes all those sites are there.  CRM is using port 80 which we were using 
previously.  But when I change the port to something else, it gives errors 
on the client computers (i.e. CRM opens but with errors).

-- 
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
http://www.presentationsdirect.com

"MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:1EFFDAF4-2009-4131-8C2B-F14EEE746D2D@microsoft.com...
> Brandon: First, let's verify that all of your websites are still there, 
> that
> you didn't lose any data. If you open IIS, under Web Sites do you still 
> have
> the following?:
> -Default Web Site
> -Microsoft SharePoint Administration
> -companyweb
> -Microsoft CRM v3.0
>
> Or is CRM installed into your default web site? If not, open the 
> properties
> pane for the CRM website and see what ports it is using. If you are using 
> one
> IP address for multiple websites there are basically two ways to 
> distinguish
> them in IIS: you can use different ports or you can assign host headers 
> and
> then put an entry in your DNS for the host header. By default a new
> installation of CRM 3 will use port 5555 and an upgrade will use the port 
> or
> host header you were using previously.
>
>
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>
>
> "Brandon" wrote:
>
>> After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, we have major problems with our SBS
>> websites.
>>
>> 1) CRM is setup to use the IP address of the server and this site runs 
>> fine.
>> 2) Upgrading knocked out our "companyweb" site installed by SBS ("service
>> unavailable")
>> 3) SQL Reporting doesn't work because it's trying to use the default 
>> address
>> which is already used by CRM, RWW, companyweb, etc.
>>
>> I'm really confused about how to sort out all the websites.  How can all
>> these sites run on one IP address?
>>
>> So much for MS making this install nice and trouble free for SBS users!
>>
>> -- 
>> Brandon
>> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
>> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>>
>>
>> 


0
Brandon
5/3/2006 1:45:37 PM
What kinds of errors? Are users opening CRM in the web client at the 
different port? Do you have any kind of filtering devices on your network? 
You will need to make sure those ports are open, and that the client 
computers do not have any blocking, such as with the Windows XP firewall.
-- 
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Brandon" wrote:

> Yes all those sites are there.  CRM is using port 80 which we were using 
> previously.  But when I change the port to something else, it gives errors 
> on the client computers (i.e. CRM opens but with errors).
> 
> -- 
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
> 
> "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:1EFFDAF4-2009-4131-8C2B-F14EEE746D2D@microsoft.com...
> > Brandon: First, let's verify that all of your websites are still there, 
> > that
> > you didn't lose any data. If you open IIS, under Web Sites do you still 
> > have
> > the following?:
> > -Default Web Site
> > -Microsoft SharePoint Administration
> > -companyweb
> > -Microsoft CRM v3.0
> >
> > Or is CRM installed into your default web site? If not, open the 
> > properties
> > pane for the CRM website and see what ports it is using. If you are using 
> > one
> > IP address for multiple websites there are basically two ways to 
> > distinguish
> > them in IIS: you can use different ports or you can assign host headers 
> > and
> > then put an entry in your DNS for the host header. By default a new
> > installation of CRM 3 will use port 5555 and an upgrade will use the port 
> > or
> > host header you were using previously.
> >
> >
> > -- 
> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >
> >
> > "Brandon" wrote:
> >
> >> After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, we have major problems with our SBS
> >> websites.
> >>
> >> 1) CRM is setup to use the IP address of the server and this site runs 
> >> fine.
> >> 2) Upgrading knocked out our "companyweb" site installed by SBS ("service
> >> unavailable")
> >> 3) SQL Reporting doesn't work because it's trying to use the default 
> >> address
> >> which is already used by CRM, RWW, companyweb, etc.
> >>
> >> I'm really confused about how to sort out all the websites.  How can all
> >> these sites run on one IP address?
> >>
> >> So much for MS making this install nice and trouble free for SBS users!
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Brandon
> >> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> >> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
5/3/2006 1:57:03 PM
Just a generic CRM "error" . . . it doesn't give any details.  I'm trying to 
open CRM using the Web client for now and it opens ok with the right 
username, etc., but the main part of CRM shows the standard error box.  I 
would think that if a firewall were blocking those ports, it wouldn't open 
at all.

-- 
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
http://www.presentationsdirect.com

"MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:BBC295CA-E0F7-4200-A0EE-E4DBFE4E6F33@microsoft.com...
> What kinds of errors? Are users opening CRM in the web client at the
> different port? Do you have any kind of filtering devices on your network?
> You will need to make sure those ports are open, and that the client
> computers do not have any blocking, such as with the Windows XP firewall.
> -- 
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>
>
> "Brandon" wrote:
>
>> Yes all those sites are there.  CRM is using port 80 which we were using
>> previously.  But when I change the port to something else, it gives 
>> errors
>> on the client computers (i.e. CRM opens but with errors).
>>
>> -- 
>> Brandon
>> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
>> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>>
>> "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:1EFFDAF4-2009-4131-8C2B-F14EEE746D2D@microsoft.com...
>> > Brandon: First, let's verify that all of your websites are still there,
>> > that
>> > you didn't lose any data. If you open IIS, under Web Sites do you still
>> > have
>> > the following?:
>> > -Default Web Site
>> > -Microsoft SharePoint Administration
>> > -companyweb
>> > -Microsoft CRM v3.0
>> >
>> > Or is CRM installed into your default web site? If not, open the
>> > properties
>> > pane for the CRM website and see what ports it is using. If you are 
>> > using
>> > one
>> > IP address for multiple websites there are basically two ways to
>> > distinguish
>> > them in IIS: you can use different ports or you can assign host headers
>> > and
>> > then put an entry in your DNS for the host header. By default a new
>> > installation of CRM 3 will use port 5555 and an upgrade will use the 
>> > port
>> > or
>> > host header you were using previously.
>> >
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
>> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>> >
>> >
>> > "Brandon" wrote:
>> >
>> >> After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, we have major problems with our SBS
>> >> websites.
>> >>
>> >> 1) CRM is setup to use the IP address of the server and this site runs
>> >> fine.
>> >> 2) Upgrading knocked out our "companyweb" site installed by SBS 
>> >> ("service
>> >> unavailable")
>> >> 3) SQL Reporting doesn't work because it's trying to use the default
>> >> address
>> >> which is already used by CRM, RWW, companyweb, etc.
>> >>
>> >> I'm really confused about how to sort out all the websites.  How can 
>> >> all
>> >> these sites run on one IP address?
>> >>
>> >> So much for MS making this install nice and trouble free for SBS 
>> >> users!
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Brandon
>> >> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
>> >> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
Brandon
5/3/2006 2:07:23 PM
add another ip address to the NIC.

Setup DNS to resolve to that IP witht he appropriate name -> crm.x.local

in IIS manager set the CRm website to use that IP address.

Overall that is a way you can run multiple sites on one server.  There is 
some more setup that usually needs to be done, but overall this will get you 
setup to use multiple sites on one box.

just to name a few we have
CRM
WSUS
WRMS
RWW

and some others all running on one box.

Cheers

Jamieson Gill


"Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:%23GD$frrbGHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Just a generic CRM "error" . . . it doesn't give any details.  I'm trying 
> to open CRM using the Web client for now and it opens ok with the right 
> username, etc., but the main part of CRM shows the standard error box.  I 
> would think that if a firewall were blocking those ports, it wouldn't open 
> at all.
>
> -- 
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>
> "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:BBC295CA-E0F7-4200-A0EE-E4DBFE4E6F33@microsoft.com...
>> What kinds of errors? Are users opening CRM in the web client at the
>> different port? Do you have any kind of filtering devices on your 
>> network?
>> You will need to make sure those ports are open, and that the client
>> computers do not have any blocking, such as with the Windows XP firewall.
>> -- 
>> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
>> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>>
>>
>> "Brandon" wrote:
>>
>>> Yes all those sites are there.  CRM is using port 80 which we were using
>>> previously.  But when I change the port to something else, it gives 
>>> errors
>>> on the client computers (i.e. CRM opens but with errors).
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Brandon
>>> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
>>> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>>>
>>> "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:1EFFDAF4-2009-4131-8C2B-F14EEE746D2D@microsoft.com...
>>> > Brandon: First, let's verify that all of your websites are still 
>>> > there,
>>> > that
>>> > you didn't lose any data. If you open IIS, under Web Sites do you 
>>> > still
>>> > have
>>> > the following?:
>>> > -Default Web Site
>>> > -Microsoft SharePoint Administration
>>> > -companyweb
>>> > -Microsoft CRM v3.0
>>> >
>>> > Or is CRM installed into your default web site? If not, open the
>>> > properties
>>> > pane for the CRM website and see what ports it is using. If you are 
>>> > using
>>> > one
>>> > IP address for multiple websites there are basically two ways to
>>> > distinguish
>>> > them in IIS: you can use different ports or you can assign host 
>>> > headers
>>> > and
>>> > then put an entry in your DNS for the host header. By default a new
>>> > installation of CRM 3 will use port 5555 and an upgrade will use the 
>>> > port
>>> > or
>>> > host header you were using previously.
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > -- 
>>> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
>>> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > "Brandon" wrote:
>>> >
>>> >> After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, we have major problems with our SBS
>>> >> websites.
>>> >>
>>> >> 1) CRM is setup to use the IP address of the server and this site 
>>> >> runs
>>> >> fine.
>>> >> 2) Upgrading knocked out our "companyweb" site installed by SBS 
>>> >> ("service
>>> >> unavailable")
>>> >> 3) SQL Reporting doesn't work because it's trying to use the default
>>> >> address
>>> >> which is already used by CRM, RWW, companyweb, etc.
>>> >>
>>> >> I'm really confused about how to sort out all the websites.  How can 
>>> >> all
>>> >> these sites run on one IP address?
>>> >>
>>> >> So much for MS making this install nice and trouble free for SBS 
>>> >> users!
>>> >>
>>> >> -- 
>>> >> Brandon
>>> >> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
>>> >> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 


0
j
5/3/2006 2:45:12 PM
I worked with MS support to change the port number of CRM to 5555 inside IIS 
and inside the MSCRM registry key.  Once the changes were made in both 
places, it started working again.  The reporting services stopped giving an 
error, but there are no reports shown.

-- 
Brandon
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
http://www.presentationsdirect.com

"Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message 
news:uqcKPSrbGHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, we have major problems with our SBS 
> websites.
>
> 1) CRM is setup to use the IP address of the server and this site runs 
> fine.
> 2) Upgrading knocked out our "companyweb" site installed by SBS ("service 
> unavailable")
> 3) SQL Reporting doesn't work because it's trying to use the default 
> address which is already used by CRM, RWW, companyweb, etc.
>
> I'm really confused about how to sort out all the websites.  How can all 
> these sites run on one IP address?
>
> So much for MS making this install nice and trouble free for SBS users!
>
> -- 
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
> 


0
Brandon
5/3/2006 3:37:11 PM
On your CRM server open Deployment Manager. Expand the Server Manager node to 
view the CRM server and right click the server. There's an option to set the 
URL for reporting services. The URL should be in the format 
http://servername/ReportServer.
-- 
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com


"Brandon" wrote:

> I worked with MS support to change the port number of CRM to 5555 inside IIS 
> and inside the MSCRM registry key.  Once the changes were made in both 
> places, it started working again.  The reporting services stopped giving an 
> error, but there are no reports shown.
> 
> -- 
> Brandon
> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
> 
> "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message 
> news:uqcKPSrbGHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, we have major problems with our SBS 
> > websites.
> >
> > 1) CRM is setup to use the IP address of the server and this site runs 
> > fine.
> > 2) Upgrading knocked out our "companyweb" site installed by SBS ("service 
> > unavailable")
> > 3) SQL Reporting doesn't work because it's trying to use the default 
> > address which is already used by CRM, RWW, companyweb, etc.
> >
> > I'm really confused about how to sort out all the websites.  How can all 
> > these sites run on one IP address?
> >
> > So much for MS making this install nice and trouble free for SBS users!
> >
> > -- 
> > Brandon
> > Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> > http://www.presentationsdirect.com
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
5/3/2006 6:33:01 PM
Good stuff I'm having the exact problem using port 5555 - but how would I 
then take http:\\servername:5555 - just to show resolve http:\\servername.crm 
or something like that?  I understand adding the IP and then setup DNS to 
resolve to servername:5555 and then setup an alias?  Confused there....

Also will this affect wanting to use a SSL cert to access the website via 
internet.

KR,
Andy

"j" wrote:

> add another ip address to the NIC.
> 
> Setup DNS to resolve to that IP witht he appropriate name -> crm.x.local
> 
> in IIS manager set the CRm website to use that IP address.
> 
> Overall that is a way you can run multiple sites on one server.  There is 
> some more setup that usually needs to be done, but overall this will get you 
> setup to use multiple sites on one box.
> 
> just to name a few we have
> CRM
> WSUS
> WRMS
> RWW
> 
> and some others all running on one box.
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Jamieson Gill
> 
> 
> "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23GD$frrbGHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > Just a generic CRM "error" . . . it doesn't give any details.  I'm trying 
> > to open CRM using the Web client for now and it opens ok with the right 
> > username, etc., but the main part of CRM shows the standard error box.  I 
> > would think that if a firewall were blocking those ports, it wouldn't open 
> > at all.
> >
> > -- 
> > Brandon
> > Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> > http://www.presentationsdirect.com
> >
> > "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:BBC295CA-E0F7-4200-A0EE-E4DBFE4E6F33@microsoft.com...
> >> What kinds of errors? Are users opening CRM in the web client at the
> >> different port? Do you have any kind of filtering devices on your 
> >> network?
> >> You will need to make sure those ports are open, and that the client
> >> computers do not have any blocking, such as with the Windows XP firewall.
> >> -- 
> >> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> >> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >>
> >>
> >> "Brandon" wrote:
> >>
> >>> Yes all those sites are there.  CRM is using port 80 which we were using
> >>> previously.  But when I change the port to something else, it gives 
> >>> errors
> >>> on the client computers (i.e. CRM opens but with errors).
> >>>
> >>> -- 
> >>> Brandon
> >>> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> >>> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
> >>>
> >>> "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>> news:1EFFDAF4-2009-4131-8C2B-F14EEE746D2D@microsoft.com...
> >>> > Brandon: First, let's verify that all of your websites are still 
> >>> > there,
> >>> > that
> >>> > you didn't lose any data. If you open IIS, under Web Sites do you 
> >>> > still
> >>> > have
> >>> > the following?:
> >>> > -Default Web Site
> >>> > -Microsoft SharePoint Administration
> >>> > -companyweb
> >>> > -Microsoft CRM v3.0
> >>> >
> >>> > Or is CRM installed into your default web site? If not, open the
> >>> > properties
> >>> > pane for the CRM website and see what ports it is using. If you are 
> >>> > using
> >>> > one
> >>> > IP address for multiple websites there are basically two ways to
> >>> > distinguish
> >>> > them in IIS: you can use different ports or you can assign host 
> >>> > headers
> >>> > and
> >>> > then put an entry in your DNS for the host header. By default a new
> >>> > installation of CRM 3 will use port 5555 and an upgrade will use the 
> >>> > port
> >>> > or
> >>> > host header you were using previously.
> >>> >
> >>> >
> >>> > -- 
> >>> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> >>> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >>> >
> >>> >
> >>> > "Brandon" wrote:
> >>> >
> >>> >> After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, we have major problems with our SBS
> >>> >> websites.
> >>> >>
> >>> >> 1) CRM is setup to use the IP address of the server and this site 
> >>> >> runs
> >>> >> fine.
> >>> >> 2) Upgrading knocked out our "companyweb" site installed by SBS 
> >>> >> ("service
> >>> >> unavailable")
> >>> >> 3) SQL Reporting doesn't work because it's trying to use the default
> >>> >> address
> >>> >> which is already used by CRM, RWW, companyweb, etc.
> >>> >>
> >>> >> I'm really confused about how to sort out all the websites.  How can 
> >>> >> all
> >>> >> these sites run on one IP address?
> >>> >>
> >>> >> So much for MS making this install nice and trouble free for SBS 
> >>> >> users!
> >>> >>
> >>> >> -- 
> >>> >> Brandon
> >>> >> Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
> >>> >> http://www.presentationsdirect.com
> >>> >>
> >>> >>
> >>> >>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
5/10/2006 10:21:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Encoding Problem
I have an ASP page that uses CDONTS to send emails, the email is written in Traditional Chinese, and i have set the bodyformat to MIME and body format to HTML. Furthermore, i have set the charset to big5. But the outlook can not display the email in big5 by default, it always used western european (ISO) as default. I would like to ask how can the email display in big5 by default? ...

Problem starting Mac Office 2004
Every time I try to start an Office program, I get the splash screen and then an error message that says the program has encountered a problem and needs to close. If I choose recover my work, I get stuck in a loop. Excel and PowerPoint don't even let me get to the project gallery. Word gets a little further. It actually gives me the project gallery and I get a blank document screen, but before I get a chance to enter anything, it crashes. The latest thing I did was do a custom install of some of the components of Office, equation editor and the templates. How can I uninstall and get a...

GraphicsServer w/ MFC issue: Graph is in the forefront of the screen & doesn't minimize
I'm trying to debug an MFC application that plots data using a graphing toolkit from Graphics Server. The problem is that the actual graph is always on the forefront of the screen meaning even if I open any other program(s) on my computer and maximize it, the graph from the MFC app is on top blocking the view of the other program I just opened. I suspect that this phenomenon of have the graph always in the "forefront" of the screen is somehow being "forced" in the code. I do know tha the MFC application itself is made to take up the entire screen and cannot be minimized...

SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 migration headache!
Hi folks, Hoping someone can help me :( After spending yesterday prepping the source server- running both SBS 2003 Best Practices Analyzer and Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (and resolving all issues until they both came back clean), full backup, Migration Prep Tool, answer file etc I was finally ready to get going with the destination server today. I was very thorough with the documentation, taking it all step by step. All looked well, until it seemed to hang on what looked to be a final step. I don't recall getting the replication delay pop-up that I've seen m...

IMPORT PROBLEM #3
I try to import a file from excel. It imports 9 records and stops. The message is "Map1 Error ox80070057. Try again later" I try again later and get the same results. "dancer" <dancer@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23%232QSPOQHHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I try to import a file from excel. It imports 9 records and stops. The >message is "Map1 Error ox80070057. Try again later" > > I try again later and get the same results. > > What is in the file you are trying to import? It is a name and e-mail address. I'...

Subform problem 03-18-08
Hi, I've a problem with my subform... When i open the main form i click on the button "New" to start logging data,same time, a form with a timer start working,so when i put the ID that links between the main form and the subform,the subform does not appear because of the timer... Anyone suggest a solution? ...

CRM focus on search
Hi I have had the question more times Why isn't the cursor focusing on the search bar when clicking on accounts or contacts view, first they have to click there before they can find the right account ? Is it possible to set focus here ? Hi, I dont think there is any shortcut key and there is no supported way to cusotmize it. Following are some other shortcut keys; http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/services/keyboardshortcuts.mspx -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mv...

Query filter problem!
Ok I'm trying to create a query which will be the basis for a report. Now the query results will be determined by selections made by the user on a form called frmLists. The form will have up to five separate list boxes, but we'll work with two for this discussion: List 1 List 2 null null A 1 B 2 C 3 D 4 I want the user to be able to select items form either or both list boxes and then the query will select the correct records based upon the selected. I thought about using separate check boxes under each list for the user to check if th...

ArraySegnment problem
Hi all I have constructed a custom message encoder for WCF, which works just great. But, now I'm trying to build in encryption which is quite straight forward. The problem is that my encoder works with ArraySegments of bytes. The original segment is a 1024 byte segment with offset 0 and Count = 748 Then I encrypt this resulting in a 1024 byte segment with offset 0 and count =1024 This is send to the server and decrypted to an ArraySegment 100% identical with the original, the only problem is that I now have lost the original count of 748. I have a 1024 byte array...

OWA setup on SBS 2003
Hi, I can't access OWA on an SBS 2003 server, for any user. Not sure what is stopping it - is it ISA settings? I've checked in Active Directory Users and Domains under the user and they are permitted to use OWA. Also tried to connect using Sever Activesync and a smart phone, but that failed too. Hope you can help. Neil Hi, Could be ISA server stopping OWA from functioning, could also be a lot of other things (like permisions on folders, web site etc). What happens when you try to access OWA? Leif "Neil G Jarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in mes...

Problem size of MFC View, with Vista.
When the application expanded to the maximize and the manifest of the application contain : <dependency> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="X86" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*" /> </dependentAssembly> </dependency> I'm get a View who the right edge go not to the border frame on Vista. Someone has an idea? Since I see nothing in this manfest that has the slightest...

Help w/CListCtrl's NM_CUSTOMDRAW
How can you set the row height? I can do all sorts of things with this feature accept set the row height. http://www.codeguru.com/listview/change_row_height.shtml <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06dd01c39927$86a15480$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can you set the row height? I can do all sorts of > things with this feature accept set the row height. ...

Tool available to install Exchange SP2 on SBS 2008
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6&displayLang=en Works great. Note you need to download and extract Exchange SP2 before running the tool. -- Kerry Brown MS-MVP - Windows Desktop Experience: Systems Administration http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/ I hope I'm not the only one who read your post? I'll just post now even though I read this the day you posted. Thanks for the much needed info, Kerry Russ :) -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Microsoft Certifi...

Any update on the problem between ChemDraw and MS Word, etc?
Last June there was a, um, vigorous discussion about the problem of Office not handling the images from ChemDraw in a way that makes Word 2008 usable for chemists. Odd behavior, as Pages '09 works fine with ChemDraw images, as do most of the other programs I have tried. Is there news of a potential fix by MS, or are they blowing off the premiere chemical drawing software? ...

Migrating AD Back to SBS
We had a domain which was working in a SBS2003 normally but since we had to change the hardware we added a second DC which is a windows 2008 and transferred all the roles to it, and let it working alone. Everything is fine now with the win2008 as a only Domain Controller We now have to reinstall back the SBS2003 and transfer everything to it from the win2008, is that possible? is there any how-to or best practices? As it seems that all i can do is start a new domain from scratch. Thanks, Chris There is an official MS document for adding SBS 2003 to a Server 2003 domain, but...

problems with HQ connections
Hi . I am starting to have some problems in one of my clients. They have a location that run 18 stores running HQ r 1.2. Suddenly for some odd reason everytime the stores connect, create an incredible amount of connections (sometimes reaching 200 connections process) giving a hige degradation of performance. Does somebody know something about this?..... Thks in advance for your help Rodrigo ...

Problem with keeping lines together
In my file (Word 2007), I can normally keep lines together by checking the Window/Orphan control, Keep with next and Keep Lines together. At some point in my file, it quits working. I have bulleted items that normally would stay together and have the above items checked in the Line and Page Breaks tab of Paragraph. But later in the file it quits working event if I uncheck them and recheck them. Not sure what is cause this. Tom If you're trying to use "Keep lines together" to keep bullet points together, it won't work. KLT is for the lines in a sing...

Change from SBS 2003 to SBS 2003 R2
Does anyone know if the license from Windows SBS 2003 works on R2 Edition? Here's my situation: I have an old server running Win SBS 2003. This is a new client and i just found the installation to be all screwed up (they are not even using Exchange, the domain is not .local, I cant find the SBS management panel, etc ) and barring any magic solution that allows me to improve on the current install, what i really want is to start from scratch, probably on different hardware (new server). So I whas thinking to my buttons: During reinstallation, can I now use the latest ver...

problem with bookmark links in email sent as message, pub 2007
when i send a publisher document as an email message, most of the 'bookmark' links do not function in several email programs. oddly, some of the bookmark style links will work, and all of the external hyperlinks work, but most of the links to locations on page do not work at all. I have the same page put up as a webpage, (which works perfectly), so folks can click to that if they have problems viewing the email, but i'd really like the original email to function properly. i am sending the email using outlook express, as my version of outlook is too old for use with pub. 200...

MessageBox Problem
Using Visual Studio 2008, here's what I did: File | New | Project Selected MFC and MFC Application Name: Play In Application Wizard, selected Dialog based Deleted OK, Cancel, and TODO. Inserted Button Added event handler for button. Chose Bn_Clicked event Under void CPlayDlg:OnBnClickedButton() replaced TODO with MessageBox("Gordon:); Tried to build - response was Error 2664 Edited MessageBox(L"Gordon:); Build successful. Run Message box displayed "Button1" I expected the message box to display "Gordon" Obviously there's much I don't understand about...

SendKeys problem with wdDialogInsertCrossReference
I have some code that works fine in Word 2003 for displaying notorious Insert Cross Reference dialog. This is to display the dialog so as to insert a cross reference to a Figure caption. With Dialogs(wdDialogInsertCrossReference) SendKeys "%t{home}ff" SendKeys "{enter}" SendKeys "%r" SendKeys "{down}" SendKeys "{enter}" SendKeys "%w" 'move to list of references rtn = .Display End With This code does not work in Word 2...

Outlook Connector problem
I upgraded my msn acct to Premium which upgraded my Outlook to connector and now I get this "unable to update free/busy option. Operation failed" error message. I have figured out how to go in and change the minutes to every 99 so the message doesn't appear all the time - but how do I unhook myself from this thing? ...

Mobile CRM on Pocket PC 2005
I've created a new deployment package for the Mobile CRM, nothing special just MobileCRM, SQL CE and .Net framework. It installs fine, and runs fine on my Pocket PC 2003 SE (Phone Addition) running on my QTEK S100 but using the same package on a new Pocket PC 2005 (Phone Addition) running on an 02 XDA Exec, it dosn't work. The install seems to go ok, but the software dosn't seem to be installed, it's no in program files, there dosn't seem to be any CRM files using file explorer, but it's listed in the Remove Programs option. Is there any known issued running thi...

Excel 2007 converter problem
After installing the Office 2007 compatability converter, I followed advice from these discussion groups and managed to solve the word problem I had when not recognised 2007 files in my 2003 version. This was done through changing the tools/options/general/confirm conversion at open. Now I am having the same problem with Excel. Although the converter is installed (and working on Word), Excel does not recognise or offer any options for Excel 2007 files. Any suggestions as to how to solve this anyone? Many thanks. ...

SBS 2003 VPN Frustration!
Hi all, I hope someone here can help. I saw a similar post that someone here was able to solve so I'm pinning my hopes on that. Let me try and provide as much information as possible. SIMPLIFIED I'm trying to setup the software VPN on the SBS so that remote users can be connected in to the server (so they can use local Outlook Exchange, can access the shared data folders on the main office server, etc). Testing this setup on our own system, I can connect into the server using VPN but cannot access anything on the network. DETAILED 1. I ran the "Configure...